PDA

View Full Version : Hoping the Devs stick with this game (improve on it)

X215_AssassinX
07-22-2013, 09:14 PM
I am a fan of the Spartacus TV series and I anticipated the release of this game when I heard it was in production. I've played tons of video games. Many of these have been online games. Madden Football series, Fight Night Boxing series, World of Warcraft, Star Wars the Old Republic, and others. I've currently leveled to 16 on Spartacus Legends and this is my input on what I've seen of this game.

Spartacus Legends has similarities between Fight Night Boxing online. There are different boxing styles just like these gladiators have different styles. It took many months for the devs(EA) to find a happy medium for the different boxing styles online and while they were working on that problem there were many unhappy gamers. There were ways to glitch the game online, many cheap exploits that would get you a win but didn't resemble any boxing technique, disconnects that would give your perfect record a loss, etc. The big difference between Spartacus Legends and Fight Night Boxing is that regardless of what nonsense was happening online you had a very complete offline game where you could fight your friends, create a boxer and fight a lengthy career mode or just fight a quick match with your favorite real life boxer. When I first heard about the production of Spartacus Legends that's what I envisioned because that's the basics of a fight game. So as I stated in the title "I'm hoping". I hope that because of either a strict release date or a limited budget you released the game as it is. I hope that there is much more that you will do to this game (aside from fixing the glitches (which all online games experience)).

I played this game from sun up to sun down over the past weekend and all that kept going through my mind while I was playing from level 12-16 was: "Phewwwww!! This is just one H#LL of a grind.

In closing I would like to say that I think if you just follow the basic structure of Fight Night Champions(offline) for game content and set up a pay structure where you get a complete game for a set amount of money with full access to everything then the game will be successful. Continue to ask people to pay for a game that seems incomplete and a game that no one knows where it is going and you will get no one playing this game and no one paying for this game.

Thanks for the work you put into the game devs. Please keep going (improve and reevaluate).