PDA

View Full Version : AC4 modern day element question

eaglefan129
07-22-2013, 03:45 AM
So I know where going to be "research collectors" or whatever is this going to be like AC3:Liberation were there was this five seconds of 'modern' element of AC? or is going to be an actual level characters that sort thing? cause they could just tell us that like in Liberation and get on the with the story.

AC2_alex
07-22-2013, 04:02 AM
So I know where going to be "research collectors" or whatever is this going to be like AC3:Liberation were there was this five seconds of 'modern' element of AC? or is going to be an actual level characters that sort thing? cause they could just tell us that like in Liberation and get on the with the story.

Ashraf Ismail, the lead of AC4, has said that you will be pulled into the modern day just a couple times, not as much as past games. It will be different than Liberation in that it will be more than five seconds and BOOM we're Aveline (for the entirety of the game).

You can explore the modern day as you wish, no one will force you to stay in the modern day. Darby McDevitt, the lead writer, said that the modern day portion is more of a "fan service," meaning hardcore fans of the series will be able to dig through a lot of info. He also revealed --SPOILERS: that you will be able to learn the fate of Desmond (and maybe Rebecca and Shaun as well, but I'm not sure on that). -- So kinda like in Revelations' animus island portions, you can gain insight into the details of the over arching story of AC.

Personally, I like this approach they have for AC4 modern day

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 08:04 AM
spoilers above aren't spoilers

And you were only pulled into the modern day a couple of times in the past games...

AC2_alex
07-23-2013, 02:04 AM
You can never be too sure