PDA

View Full Version : Trading, Selling, Buying Cars

cbaines
07-21-2013, 01:39 AM
I brought up Motor City Online in the car customization post and it reminded me of that games Trading function as well as player auctions.

Trade Feature:
I highly suggest a trade function which should go something like this:
Player 1 puts up Car + 2 rare parts
Player 2 Puts up Car + Cash

Player 1 clicks Trade button
Player 2 clicks Trade button
Trade complete!

To prevent gold mining the system could have a cap on the amount of cash and/or a cap on vehicles & parts.

Player Auctions:
In MCO there were player and system auctions. The auction system would randomly spawn rare parts and cars at certain times of the day. Players would use their in-game currency to purchase these cars & thousands of variations in parts. Just imagine staying up a bit late one night just to wait to bid on some new stuff that spawned after midnight.
Players could also put their cars and parts up in auction and other players could purchase them.

I highly recommend both Trade and Player auctions as both of the concepts bring players together. This increases the community feature of the game. It also gives the player more options than simply selling their car to vast emptiness.

In addition, a classifieds system would be nice for players looking to sell a car or parts and make money or those who are looking for a specific car to add to their collection.

Let me know what you all think.

Ralliartist
07-23-2013, 09:22 PM
I would like the auction option to be more like forza.

theclutchpilot
07-31-2013, 10:32 AM
Yes there needs to be some sort of auction house in the crew

DevonPhillips
07-31-2013, 06:35 PM
And a storefront. I'm not to good on painting cars.

Threule
08-07-2013, 01:28 PM
What about we only sell paints? Mostly because cars will be unlocks, since the chassis system. So better add paint scheme selling or sharing, so i can design stuff for my friends (because i like to design stuff and all)

Japp301
08-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Make a auction house so people can put up their cars make money