PDA

View Full Version : "Open World Activities"

Wolfmeister1010
07-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Hey guys I have been wondering if there are random encounters in the cities and on land in AC4, and I think I got my answer. In the short kingston demo, where it tells you the objective, it says "open world activities" above the current objective.

Disagree if you want but I believe that this is referring to dynamic encounters you can partake in. FINALLY. That was one of my concerns down. All of my concerns that are left are crouching and stealth

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 10:45 PM
You make so many threads...

ArabianFrost
07-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Please don't feed people here promises of random events yet, especially M.

Wolfmeister1010
07-20-2013, 11:00 PM

Is that a problem? :/

Wolfmeister1010
07-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Please don't feed people here promises of random events yet, especially M.

Just sharing what I saw...

ladyleonhart
07-20-2013, 11:06 PM
... I believe that this is referring to dynamic encounters you can partake in. FINALLY. That was one of my concerns down. All of my concerns that are left are crouching and stealth

This is for you Wolf:

"The new "Horizon" open-world system will dynamically create side missions, such as merchant ships to rob, whales to hunt or pirates to rescue, dependent on an individual's playing style."

"Edward will be able to crouch in Black Flag, making him more discreet while tailing enemies."

'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag', Assassin's Creed Wiki
Available at: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_IV:_Black_Flag

ACfan443
07-20-2013, 11:07 PM

Lmao, that's what I was thinking :p
But at least they're putting the effort in, the forums have become so inactive :/

Wolfmeister1010
07-20-2013, 11:08 PM
This is for you Wolf:

"The new "Horizon" open-world system will dynamically create side missions, such as merchant ships to rob, whales to hunt or pirates to rescue, dependent on an individual's playing style."

"Edward will be able to crouch in Black Flag, making him more discreet while tailing enemies."

'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag', Assassin's Creed Wiki

Available at: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_IV:_Black_Flag

Thanks...but if you if you notice where they got the source for crouching...it is from the e3 demo. They are going completely off the fact that Edward appeared to remain crouched after exiting the bushes, just like us. Also, the horizon system talks about encounters at sea, but I am more interested in land based encounters. Thanks anyway! :)

LoyalACFan
07-20-2013, 11:16 PM
I'm pretty sure what we saw was one of the plantations. "Open-world activity" in that they're regenerating side quests.

ladyleonhart
07-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Thanks...but if you if you notice where they got the source for crouching...it is from the e3 demo. They are going completely off the fact that Edward appeared to remain crouched after exiting the bushes, just like us. Also, the horizon system talks about encounters at sea, but I am more interested in land based encounters. Thanks anyway! :)

You're welcome. You'll be the first to know if I find something more concrete :) The thing is though, if what we saw in the E3 Demo will stay mostly the same it is highly possible. I really would like it too. Then, I recently played AC: Liberation, and it felt like crouching was even less possible than in ACIII. Also, I think that crouching would actually add to the stealth.

As for the open-world activities surely they should be giving us something more concrete soon...

ArabianFrost
07-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Maybe this just means a plantation mission not an actual random event? It probably is alluding to the plantation mission since it's an open-world activity. If there were random events like in sea they would definitely have marketed the hell out of it.

ladyleonhart
07-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Maybe this just means a plantation mission not an actual random event? It probably is alluding to the plantation mission since it's an open-world activity. If there were random events like in sea they would definitely have marketed the hell out of it.

The plantation mission apparently involves stealing a key that appears in different places each time, which consequently allows you to experience it differently each time. Also the plantations can be looted over and over. Maybe even at different times of the day.

Megas_Doux
07-21-2013, 06:48 AM
It would be cool if you could " randomly" liberate slaves, for example.

AC2_alex
07-21-2013, 06:04 PM

Yes, how dare he facilitate conversation! What kind of jerk would do that!

I wouldn't get my hopes up, yet. The game may still change by the time we get it. Remember what Ash said? "If we don't have time for something, we'll cut it."

Wolfmeister1010
07-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Yes, how dare he facilitate conversation! What kind of jerk would do that!

I wouldn't get my hopes up, yet. The game may still change by the time we get it. Remember what Ash said? "If we don't have time for something, we'll cut it."

Actually "She" :)

Yeah I remember when Ash said that. He actually said that if there is a feature in the game that is not good enough, they will try to improve it but are not afraid to cut it if there isn't enough time.

Ash just said on twitter that there are 2 months left of debugging and polish, so hopefully that means that whatever is not perfect will be taken care of

AC2_alex
07-22-2013, 04:08 AM
Actually "She" :)

:eek: Sorry!!! Miss Wolfmeister

Wolfmeister1010
07-22-2013, 04:35 AM
:eek: Sorry!!! Miss Wolfmeister

Oh god no

Those words do NOT sound good together

Sigv4rd
07-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Just sharing what I saw...

:) By all means go ahead and continue to post, your threads are pretty good. I would suggest that you make threads with broader topics perhaps, rather than making alot of threads with a single small topic.

Wolfmeister1010
07-22-2013, 06:51 AM
:) By all means go ahead and continue to post, your threads are pretty good. I would suggest that you make threads with broader topics perhaps, rather than making alot of threads with a single small topic.

Oh okay thanks for the advice :)

Sigv4rd
07-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Oh okay thanks for the advice :)

Thank you for being a positive voice good evening Wolf...