PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 4 Execute prisoners option

cell01
07-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Wouldn't Pirates execute prisoners like they have in historical times , I mean I agree with with recruiting them but you can't always do it all the time and don't pirate captains own only one ship I mean who would have a fleet? I saw the game-play on YouTube although it is still being worked on, will they add the execute option or have I missed something:confused:?

x___Luffy___x
07-20-2013, 07:08 PM
dont think there will be an option to execute the rest of the crew.
they already have 3 options : to recruit , capture and send to kenway s fleet, salvage ship to repair jackdaw.

BATISTABUS
07-20-2013, 07:13 PM
If you want to execute the crew, kill them all before you take out the captain.

guardian_titan
07-20-2013, 07:33 PM
If you want to be technical, there's is an execute option: just destroy the ship. Don't board it. Just destroy it outright. And if you just salvage the ship to repair the Jackdaw, what do you do with the crew of that ship? Either you'd auto recruit them, toss them overboard to deal with sharks, or let them go. That'd likely be left open ended for the player to decide what happened. Chances are Edward would have some personal code of ethics, though. Outright murdering a crew of a captured ship might be a deterrent for the Assassins to recruit him, so not likely it'll be part of his character. Guy's out for money and infamy, not to outright murder anyone and everyone that gets in his way and become Edward the Bloody or something. Being infamous doesn't necessarily mean you murder people for no reason beyond them being on the wrong ship or side.

Blackbeard wasn't that bloody. Look the guy up. He often let people go. He made threats that he rarely had to go through with and his smoking beard was to scare people so he didn't kill them. He killed, but he usually didn't do it without reason, or it was related to collateral damage (like canon fire) and unavoidable. Edward learned from Blackbeard so likely picked up his ethics. So why would Edward be a cruel and bloody murderer when his friend Edward Teach/Thatch aka Blackbeard was far more sensible? Also why would the Assassins be interested in recruiting a cruel and bloody murderer when they could just toss him overboard themselves and be done with him?.

And how would a murderer be considered a lovable or even an identifiable character? If you identify with a murderer ... you really need help. That's not normal or healthy. If Edward murdered without a second thought, chances are he'd end up the least liked of the assassins ... and end up highly controversial. Game's already controversial due to whale hunting despite it being historically accurate. Don't need to make Edward a cold blooded murderer on top of that and have people comparing him to someone like Hitler.

LoyalACFan
07-20-2013, 08:27 PM
If you want to be technical, there's is an execute option: just destroy the ship. Don't board it. Just destroy it outright. And if you just salvage the ship to repair the Jackdaw, what do you do with the crew of that ship? Either you'd auto recruit them, toss them overboard to deal with sharks, or let them go. That'd likely be left open ended for the player to decide what happened. Chances are Edward would have some personal code of ethics, though. Outright murdering a crew of a captured ship might be a deterrent for the Assassins to recruit him, so not likely it'll be part of his character. Guy's out for money and infamy, not to outright murder anyone and everyone that gets in his way and become Edward the Bloody or something. Being infamous doesn't necessarily mean you murder people for no reason beyond them being on the wrong ship or side.

Blackbeard wasn't that bloody. Look the guy up. He often let people go. He made threats that he rarely had to go through with and his smoking beard was to scare people so he didn't kill them. He killed, but he usually didn't do it without reason, or it was related to collateral damage (like canon fire) and unavoidable. Edward learned from Blackbeard so likely picked up his ethics. So why would Edward be a cruel and bloody murderer when his friend Edward Teach/Thatch aka Blackbeard was far more sensible? Also why would the Assassins be interested in recruiting a cruel and bloody murderer when they could just toss him overboard themselves and be done with him?.

And how would a murderer be considered a lovable or even an identifiable character? If you identify with a murderer ... you really need help. That's not normal or healthy. If Edward murdered without a second thought, chances are he'd end up the least liked of the assassins ... and end up highly controversial. Game's already controversial due to whale hunting despite it being historically accurate. Don't need to make Edward a cold blooded murderer on top of that and have people comparing him to someone like Hitler.

This. Blackbeard actually didn't like killing at all, he was actually quite the gentleman compared to some other pirates. I hope they portray that.

shobhit7777777
07-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Why?

How does it add anything substantial to the core gameplay?

cell01
07-20-2013, 08:43 PM
I am just saying but I looked up on Edward that he was selfish and arrogant and cares only for glory that he would execute his prisoners and ignore the rules of being an Assassin.

Elebro2011
07-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I am just saying but I looked up on Edward that he was selfish and arrogant and cares only for glory that he would execute his prisoners and ignore the rules of being an Assassin.

I dont remember who, or when, but someone said that Edward is doing all this stuff to prove to his family, or son that he is a great, sucessful man. Dont know if its true, but i know that someone mentioned it

shobhit7777777
07-20-2013, 08:46 PM

Doesn't answer my question

the above can be easily depicted via a short cut-scene....an in-game feature is not necessary

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 11:34 PM
If you want to execute the crew, kill them all before you take out the captain.

Good point.

Cornik22
07-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Wouldn't Pirates execute prisoners like they have in historical times
For the most part, pirates never executed their prisoners, so do some research before syaing things like that. These are the real pirates, not te pirates you've seen in movies!

SixKeys
07-21-2013, 12:42 AM
For the most part, pirates never executed their prisoners, so do some research before syaing things like that. These are the real pirates, not te pirates you've seen in movies!

^ This. It was generally more profitable to take prisoners and recruit them than to kill everyone.

ctuagent15
07-21-2013, 01:43 AM
don't pirate captains own only one ship I mean who would have a fleet?
Heres a list I found online about the most successful pirate captains, if you look you can see most had a fleet, even if said fleet was only three ships strong, its still a fleet
http://www.thewayofthepirates.com/pirate-life/10-pirate-captains.php

ForsakenMessiah
07-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Wouldn't Pirates execute prisoners like they have in historical times , I mean I agree with with recruiting them but you can't always do it all the time and don't pirate captains own only one ship I mean who would have a fleet? I saw the game-play on YouTube although it is still being worked on, will they add the execute option or have I missed something:confused:?

Pirates would always attempt a peaceful victory, doctors and carpenters were too important back then to waste, and they would want as little damage as possible to their own ship or the target ship as it could of been seized for their fleet. If however none of the crew surrendered, they would loot the ship and let them go.

Many pirates controlled a fleet, and Blackbeard was no exception, it was a sense of dread for the enemy and a feeling of safety in numbers including more room to store cargo. One famous pirate captain to serve under Blackbeard was Stede bonnet, better known as Captain Thomas or "The Gentleman Pirate". When Blackbeard first seized "La Concorde" he gave the crew the smallest of his two Sloops which Bonnet was in charge of, so they could sail to safety and didnt die. Bonnet took charge of Blackbeards ship "Revenge" (which Bonnet originally owned) and renamed it the "Royal James", and Blackbeard renamed the newly seized frigate to the infamous "Queen Anne's Revenge". At his strongest he had 4 ships in his fleet, and in charge of over 300 pirates.

lothario-da-be
07-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Heres a list I found online about the most successful pirate captains, if you look you can see most had a fleet, even if said fleet was only three ships strong, its still a fleet
http://www.thewayofthepirates.com/pirate-life/10-pirate-captains.php
Interesting! And Blackbeard is the 8th best Pirate :)