PDA

View Full Version : Modern day Assassins Creed is a possibility

whoaus
07-20-2013, 12:21 PM
http://dailysplitter.com/modern-assassins-creed-game-a-possibility-says-writer/

I so hope a possibility turns into reality. It seems so silly that there isn't a AC set in the modern day yet. I know there are other Ubi games which are similar set now but they really aren't the same. Is it really to much to ask to be able to climb the empire state building? Am I alone in this or is this something others want as well?

Assassin_M
07-20-2013, 12:22 PM
You`re alone, it`s silly and no..of course it`s possible...will they do it?? no
AC IS NOT A MODERN DAY GAME

Spider_Sith9
07-20-2013, 12:43 PM

You are a prime example why I sorta hate Assassin's Creed fans. :/

Assassin_M
07-20-2013, 12:47 PM
You are a prime example why I sorta hate Assassin's Creed fans. :/
Then you hate yourself

Sushiglutton
07-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Personally I think the historical part is what gives the franchise its unique flavour. I also think climbing modern cities sound more fun than what it will turn out to be in practice, because the builidngs are too high. Climbing empire state building for twenty minutes will be kind of a drag.

Jexx21
07-20-2013, 01:51 PM
A game where the modern day protagonist has his own open-world city to explore wouldn't surprise me, but I think it would still have historical characters to explore.

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Yes let's just all get a generic modern day open world game because that's exactly what we all crave for, right? Screw the main part of AC which is historical open-world.

You want to climb empire state building? Spiderman.

kosmoscreed
07-20-2013, 02:14 PM
In my opinion a game that is all modern day stuff is against what AC is, I will not support it.

dxsxhxcx
07-20-2013, 03:47 PM
it's not gonna happen, but I wouldn't mind a bigger focus on the modern days, we should have a good portion of a city to walk around (I wouldn't mind if we weren't able to climb everything since this could draw too much attention depending of the place) and some specific places for missions (with more freedom), why it can't be like the modern days in the comics were (there was a lot of tension with Daniel, something that would be nice in the game during the modern days), it would be nice visit random places crowded with people (Hitman' style, not AC3) and feel like a blade in the crowd during the modern days.

they had this opportunity with ACB, but decided to keep Monteriggioni closed, it would've been nice see a lot of people living there and have some missions where we need to deal with Templars Agents (forget that ******** about Abstergo tracking us with cell phone towers or something like that, that's just a excuse to don't put more effort on the modern days)

the day Ubisoft treat the modern days as an important part of the story and not just the mean to an end we may have something like this, and then I believe the story as a whole (past and present) will be much more enjoyable..

FrankieSatt
07-20-2013, 04:05 PM

So the modern day story line in every single AC game so far is what, a dream sequence?

AC is just as much a modern day game as it is a historical game. In fact the modern day game play is the whole reason we have the historical game play, considering you need the animus to relive memories.

I have no doubt they will further milk the cash cow and make a modern day game only. Hell, if people will buy a Pirate Ship Simulator there is no reason to think they won't buy a modern day AC game.

pirate1802
07-20-2013, 04:36 PM
It seems so silly that there isn't a AC set in the modern day yet.

Not silly at all considering why AC is famous in the first place.

Is it really to much to ask to be able to climb the empire state building?

Yep.

lothario-da-be
07-20-2013, 06:45 PM
They keep failing to make the modern day good, imagine a full modern day one:nonchalance:

Gi1t
07-20-2013, 06:45 PM
So the modern day story line in every single AC game so far is what, a dream sequence?

AC is just as much a modern day game as it is a historical game. In fact the modern day game play is the whole reason we have the historical game play, considering you need the animus to relive memories.

I have no doubt they will further milk the cash cow and make a modern day game only. Hell, if people will buy a Pirate Ship Simulator there is no reason to think they won't buy a modern day AC game.

Agreed. I find it kind of asinine that people just give these flat 'hell no' responses every time this comes up. (Not to mention the consistent denial that anyone else likes the modern day side despite the fact that this has come up how many times now?) Now if your opinion is that they would screw it up, I would probably have to agree at this point in time. I can't see them putting enough effort into it to really make it work.

But to say that the idea of a modern day game goes completely against the essence of what AC is strikes me as an oversimplified opinion. It's safe to say that use of the animus is something people will expect to see in every game, so having none of that in a game would feel like it's missing something. However, a game might feasibly take place mainly in the modern setting and have point where you need to use the animus to get something you need; sometimes staying in for a long time, other times only going in for a little while, accessing various ancestors some of which are yours, and some of which are accessed through the cloud. It'd be one hell of an epic tool to have at your disposal.

As for the modern day gameplay itself, obviously people are envisioning the best-case scenario here. XD (I'd think that would be obvious.) That scenario being a clever blend of hi-tech modern assassin tools and the typical assassin gameplay you get in the animus. It would all jsut take place in a different setting and you'd have tools that serve somewhat similar purposes, but are designed to deal with modern tech. Rather than just copy the typical Splinter Cell loadout, make uniquely Assassin themed tools. There's also the possibility of shaking things up by adding a Piece of Eden into the mix.

This constant flat admonishment of certain themes, concepts, ideas, companies etc. just seems to cause developers to become less and less ambitious. -__- I know it's based on a history of certain things going wrong, but the point is, you need to learn from mistakes, not avoid the subjects altogether. This attitude people have that some things are 'right' and others are just flat 'wrong' when it comes to game ideas is being relfected in the way many companies behave; cranking out only games that are guaranteed to work and staying in these little bubbles of themes that sell themselves.

LoyalACFan
07-20-2013, 08:48 PM
This constant flat admonishment of certain themes, concepts, ideas, companies etc. just seems to cause developers to become less and less ambitious. -__-

Explain Watch_Dogs then. It obviously takes notes from the AC series and is already semi-confirmed to exist in the same universe, but the majority of AC fans denying they want a modern AC game didn't stop them from making it... The thing that made AC special was the historical gameplay, and if you transfer the existing mechanics over to the modern day, you get utter **** like Desmond's Abstergo "infiltration". They would have to change so much about the AC formula it wouldn't even feel like AC anymore anyway.

Saying you don't want the series to betray its roots is not the same as limiting the developers' freedom and making them become less ambitious... I mean, R* would have to get pretty ambitious and innovative to make a Red Dead game set on Mars, but that doesn't mean I'd want to play it. I've said it from the start, if Ubi wants to make an AC-style modern game, they should just make a new IP. They did, with Watch_Dogs, and I'm proud of them for doing so.

Spider_Sith9
07-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Agreed. I find it kind of asinine that people just give these flat 'hell no' responses every time this comes up. (Not to mention the consistent denial that anyone else likes the modern day side despite the fact that this has come up how many times now?) Now if your opinion is that they would screw it up, I would probably have to agree at this point in time. I can't see them putting enough effort into it to really make it work.

But to say that the idea of a modern day game goes completely against the essence of what AC is strikes me as an oversimplified opinion. It's safe to say that use of the animus is something people will expect to see in every game, so having none of that in a game would feel like it's missing something. However, a game might feasibly take place mainly in the modern setting and have point where you need to use the animus to get something you need; sometimes staying in for a long time, other times only going in for a little while, accessing various ancestors some of which are yours, and some of which are accessed through the cloud. It'd be one hell of an epic tool to have at your disposal.

As for the modern day gameplay itself, obviously people are envisioning the best-case scenario here. XD (I'd think that would be obvious.) That scenario being a clever blend of hi-tech modern assassin tools and the typical assassin gameplay you get in the animus. It would all jsut take place in a different setting and you'd have tools that serve somewhat similar purposes, but are designed to deal with modern tech. Rather than just copy the typical Splinter Cell loadout, make uniquely Assassin themed tools. There's also the possibility of shaking things up by adding a Piece of Eden into the mix.

This constant flat admonishment of certain themes, concepts, ideas, companies etc. just seems to cause developers to become less and less ambitious. -__- I know it's based on a history of certain things going wrong, but the point is, you need to learn from mistakes, not avoid the subjects altogether. This attitude people have that some things are 'right' and others are just flat 'wrong' when it comes to game ideas is being relfected in the way many companies behave; cranking out only games that are guaranteed to work and staying in these little bubbles of themes that sell themselves.

This right here!

Explain Watch_Dogs then. It obviously takes notes from the AC series and is already semi-confirmed to exist in the same universe, but the majority of AC fans denying they want a modern AC game didn't stop them from making it... The thing that made AC special was the historical gameplay, and if you transfer the existing mechanics over to the modern day, you get utter **** like Desmond's Abstergo "infiltration". They would have to change so much about the AC formula it wouldn't even feel like AC anymore anyway.

Saying you don't want the series to betray its roots is not the same as limiting the developers' freedom and making them become less ambitious... I mean, R* would have to get pretty ambitious and innovative to make a Red Dead game set on Mars, but that doesn't mean I'd want to play it. I've said it from the start, if Ubi wants to make an AC-style modern game, they should just make a new IP. They did, with Watch_Dogs, and I'm proud of them for doing so.

Where's the TWCB in Watch Dogs? Where's POEs? Why is everything monitored all of a sudden? Especially after the recent article. They did it for the money. And it doesn't change the fact it isn't AC. And if it's confirmed it's in the same universe, then I find it sad because of everything that is Ubisoft seems to be centered around AC now.

Gi1t
07-21-2013, 03:29 AM

But that's more or less what I'm talking about here. Saying automatically that a modern day AC is betraying its roots. Roots are really a question of semantics and it's up to the owners of the liscense and the developers they allow to work on it to decide what those really are. I personally don't think of roots as having anything to do with the theme of the game. I think of the roots as being the concept of the game as it relates to the gameplay. Just because a series starts with one theme doesn't mean it's stuck there if the developers want to expand the concept into some other theme. To use the Red Dead example, if they want the games to be about this whole open world action gameplay concept they've created and they want to make other settings to give them fresh material to work with, fine. Would Mars work? That's up to them to work out. If you made a game with RD style gameplay set in some civilization on Mars it could be very well done, as could almost anything. If you did a good job, then people would like it, but I find it rediculous that so many people will condemn the same thing if it was given an RD title. Same with Watch Dogs. Everyone's so excited over it, but if they called it AC: (something), they'd all have the exact opposite opinion on exactly the same game?? (Many such attitudes I've listened to come from the assumption that once they make a different one, they'll never go back, ever. I mean, people flip out like that over mere spinoffs.)

Now, if you want to argue that one could just as easily call the game something else, then I can't say anything against that at all. :) I know a lot of this superstition comes from a history of games that make such changes and do a poor job of it, but even if they were all excellent, who's to say we wouldn't be having the same conversation on whether or not it makes sense to keep the franchise names instead of coming up with new ones?

What's limiting developers is that as soon as they make something popular, people make their own assumptions about what the 'roots' are, even if those assumptions are clearly only part of what the game has to offer. They break down all the possibilities that series has to just that one main character or that one theme that they like and won't accept any other permutation of the franchise. Should people tell them what gameplay is working for them and what isn't? Hell yeah. And they have just as much right to only buy the game they like. But think of it this way. If Black Flag is a huge success and you get all these new players coming into the forums saying 'oh my god! This Pirate game rocks! But that Assassin vs Templar BS is dumb. They should just cut that out and keep hte pirate sutff!' would that not be irritating to someone who's familiar with the game's rich past?

If the developers want to limit their own ideas, that's up to them; but lately it seems like a lot of them are just getting bullied over this issue of semantics. Watch Dogs may be an attempt to make a modern AC that they gave up on making an AC game and named it something else so people who liked to pretend the modern day didn't exist can sleep at night, or it may be a clever way around the controversy depending on how you view them these days. I'd rather say it's a moot point if it's good, but if they slip up and connect it to AC too much, we'll end up with a whole faction of fans becoming haters as a result and I find that rediculous. -__-

Jexx21
07-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Watch_Dogs will probably only have small hints to being in the AC universe. Maybe they hack into some high confidential BLUME files and discover that they're funded by Abstergo.

Far Cry 3 also had some references to Abstergo, so I think FC3 is also in the AC universe.

the stories don't need to converge or anything though..

Anyway, modern-day segments will hopefully become bigger and better. Even if an AC game becomes mostly modern-day gameplay I would imagine that there would still be a huge historical connection.

In my opinion, Assassin's Creed wouldn't be Assassin's Creed if there wasn't a connection to the modern-day story or the historical story. Even the side games (Altair's Chronicles, Bloodlines, Discovery, Liberation) were all contained within the Animus backdrop.

Assassin_M
07-21-2013, 05:39 AM
that`s like asking for a Wild west GTA...oh wait, they already did that...with a new IP called RDR

Hello, Watch_Dogs....thank you

Gi1t
07-21-2013, 05:47 AM
that`s like asking for a Wild west GTA...oh wait, they already did that...with a new IP called RDR

Hello, Watch_Dogs....thank you

Like I said, t's a valid point that if you're going to make something different, why not call it something else. But conversely, if it's really enjoyable anyway, would changing the title of the game suddenly make the game worse? If it's the same game either way, does it matter what it's called?

Assassin_M
07-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Like I said, t's a valid point that if you're going to make something different, why not call it something else. But conversely, if it's really enjoyable anyway, would changing the title of the game suddenly make the game worse? If it's the same game either way, does it matter what it's called?
it`s the concept itself...a genre...AC is a HISTORICAL action adventure...making it entirely set in the modern times does not only change its genre, but the entire system...AC IV is not a pirate simulator like some people whom I wont name are calling it. It`s the same AC WITH a large naval element. the free running is still there, close quarters combat is there, firearm use is at a minimum and we`re historical tourists...this has always been AC for the past 5 years...take away the history and all that is gone...forget rooftop free running, forget close quarters combat, it`ll be a third person shooter and there`s no more history...that`s not a simple change..

you`re changing the genre

Gi1t
07-21-2013, 06:17 AM
it`s the concept itself...a genre...AC is a HISTORICAL action adventure...making it entirely set in the modern times does not only change its genre, but the entire system....take away the history and all that is gone...forget rooftop free running, forget close quarters combat, it`ll be a third person shooter and there`s no more history...that`s not a simple change..

you`re changing the genre

That might be the case IF and only if they actually did everything you said instead of putting some effort into making the game somewhat original. -__- "Completely removing the history" "third person shooter" "no rooftop freerunning" ALL of that stuff is speculatiion and assumption. If they made a mostly modern day game, it doesn't follow that the game would HAVE to have all those qualities. That's just people assuming what it would be like from what they know of other games with the same THEME, but totally different gameplay.

So one doesn't necessarily follow the other. They're not impossible to dislodge from one another. However, if you doubt Ubisoft's ability to do that successfully and come up with a new, much more Assassin's Creed way to do modern gameplay, then you're certainly not alone. :)

And the point I wanted to make earlier was that, if people like Watch Dogs, isn't it a little silly that the same people would HATE it if the only thing they changed was the name and called it AC: (something)? I just consider semantics to be separate from the physical gameplay, and I think the notion that so many things are assumed to go hand in hand because of how older games were designed is only impeding the invention of new ways to look at certain themes and ideas.

Assassin_M
07-21-2013, 06:27 AM
That might be the case IF and only if they actually did everything you said instead of putting some effort into making the game somewhat original. -__- "Completely removing the history" "third person shooter" "no rooftop freerunning" ALL of that stuff is speculatiion and assumption. If they made a mostly modern day game, it doesn't follow that the game would HAVE to have all those qualities. That's just people assuming what it would be like from what they know of other games with the same THEME, but totally different gameplay.
if they do a mostly modern AC game, history is gone and that`s a guarantee due to the vast difference of the systems between a Modern day game and a historical game and IF they do integrate a historical portion, then we`re just switching between what`s getting the short end of the stick...in this case the historical portion will suffer just like the modern portion suffered in every AC..

in the realm of MOSTLY realistic, I don`t see how they can pull off a unique modern day setting without it being a third person shooter..batman?? I said MOSTLY realistic.

Please tell me how you`ll rooftop run on this
http://www.startupbootcamp.org/assets/images/blog/Blog Headers/New-York-City-Skyline.jpg

So one doesn't necessarily follow the other. They're not impossible to dislodge from one another. However, if you doubt Ubisoft's ability to do that successfully and come up with a new, much more Assassin's Creed way to do modern gameplay, then you're certainly not alone. :)[quote]
I doubt Ubisoft when they`re dividing the gameplay between Historical and Modern (and we got AC III and ACB) if you say it`ll MOSTLY be modern, then it`s the same...the historical portion will suffer...we simply exchanged portions of what gets the short end of the stick

And the point I wanted to make earlier was that, if people like Watch Dogs, isn't it a little silly that the same people would HATE it if the only thing they changed was the name and called it AC: (something)? I just consider semantics to be separate from the physical gameplay, and I think the notion that so many things are assumed to go hand in hand because of how older games were designed is only impeding the invention of new ways to look at certain themes and ideas.
Not really...by your logic...lets make an open world, crime third person shooter and call it tetris and make a block, puzzle navigational and also call it tetris... so as to not hinder the innovation of new themes and ideas...what you`re proposing is what may realistically hinder the innovation of new ideas and themes...Assassins Creed: Watch dogs wouldn't have hacking, wouldn't have a different premise and story, wouldn't be used efficiently due to, as you propose, being mostly set in modern times.

I-Like-Pie45
07-21-2013, 06:29 AM
@M

Jetpacks
JC2 Grappling Hooks
Missile Rides
Recyclable Infinite Parachutes
Superglue to prevent falls

all which will suddenly conveniently exist in the ac world

Assassin_M
07-21-2013, 06:33 AM
@M

Jetpacks
JC2 Grappling Hooks
Missile Rides
Recyclable Infinite Parachutes
Superglue to prevent falls

all which will suddenly conveniently exist in the ac world
I know you`re joking, but just for the sake for argument....THIS^^^^

or this?
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/archive/3/32/20120819064451!Altair_free-run.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/johnstarling/Assassins.jpg
http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/AC-III-2.jpg

Megas_Doux
07-21-2013, 06:44 AM
ACīs brightest star has ALWAYS been, and it should always be the HISTORICAL part!!!!!!

Being Bff with Leonardo da vinci and Blackbeard LOL, threatening George Washington, beating the pope, etc etc etc

AC set on a modern day? NO!

Gi1t
07-21-2013, 07:47 AM
if they do a mostly modern AC game, history is gone and that`s a guarantee due to the vast difference of the systems between a Modern day game and a historical game and IF they do integrate a historical portion, then we`re just switching between what`s getting the short end of the stick...in this case the historical portion will suffer just like the modern portion suffered in every AC..

in the realm of MOSTLY realistic, I don`t see how they can pull off a unique modern day setting without it being a third person shooter..batman?? I said MOSTLY realistic.

All major problems to be sure. If they did everything else right, they'd probably end up killing the freeroaming to restrict you mainly to feasible free-running areas. This is probably the best point I've seen against having a mostly modern setting. Having isolated areas and events is probably the best they could hope to do. (I think they could still do better than they have when it comes to modern segments though.)

Not really...by your logic...lets make an open world, crime third person shooter and call it tetris and make a block, puzzle navigational and also call it tetris... so as to not hinder the innovation of new themes and ideas...what you`re proposing is what may realistically hinder the innovation of new ideas and themes...Assassins Creed: Watch dogs wouldn't have hacking, wouldn't have a different premise and story, wouldn't be used efficiently due to, as you propose, being mostly set in modern times.

That's a perfectly valid point too. :) Going too far in the other direction would **** things up even worse.

I don't think it has to be a big deal either way. If you get an idea for something, I think it's better to let it evolve normally instead of trying to either separate it from a series or cram it in, just to avoid people *****ing about it. Halo Wars wasn't a first person shooter, but had a lot of other things linking it to the series anyway. Ac is is much harder to pair up with any other gameplay type, even for a spinoff, but I wouldn't say 'never' if someone's got a clever idea hiding out there.

(This is still moot though since I agree that I really doubt they'd ever pull it off, especially when they have Watch Dogs to kind of fill the role while still letting people loose to ignore any possible connections.) XD

joey-4321_web
07-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Why does a modern assassins creed game have to be in a big city? Why not in the suburbs where houses and building are closer together, I find it hard to believe that there is no city or town that doesn't have building close together for space or something like that.

Then maybe they could focus on interiors more, a new and possibly challenging approach to parkour/free running?

Jexx21
07-21-2013, 08:18 AM
mmm... modern day assassin's creed. can't wait.

ladyleonhart
07-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Why does a modern assassins creed game have to be in a big city? Why not in the suburbs where houses and building are closer together, I find it hard to believe that there is no city or town that doesn't have building close together for space or something like that.

Then maybe they could focus on interiors more, a new and possibly challenging approach to parkour/free running?

Of course there are towns and cities where buildings are close together. I think people are just taking it to extremes, because they don't want a completely modern AC. The fact is, the mix of history and the modern day is what made it different to everything else. It's the basis of AC and something that not everyone wants to change. And it really is at the core:

"[this series] is about historical tourism, so jumping into the future is a possibility, but that past element is really important – its not something we’re going to lose.” ~ Ashraf Ismail - Source: http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...ing-say-ubi/2/ (http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/07/12/assassins-creed-4s-return-to-ac-2s-gameplay-an-intention-from-the-beginning-say-ubi/2/) 12 July 2013.

That's not to say that they can't focus much more on the modern day part. It should also be important. I don't like to think about if/when the series will end, because that will be very sad :( but... maybe the last AC will be mostly set in the modern day. They are supposed to be saving the future of the world.

LoyalACFan
07-21-2013, 08:35 AM

Frankly, because it would be boring as ****. Aside from retaining all of the other modern-day problems for an AC game (namely automatic firearms negating close-quarters combat and cars changing traversal entirely), it wouldn't even look cool. I mean... do you want stuff like this

http://www.gamersglobal.de/sites/gamersglobal.de/files/preview/teaser/1148/AC2_S_074_Leap_Of_Faith_Tuscany_SanGimignano.jpg

or this?

http://www.radialsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/suburb1.jpeg

Parkour would be far easier and FAR more boring in the suburbs, and if you go even farther out to more remote locations, there wouldn't be enough to climb on to even justify a parkour system at all. And I don't see how adding interiors would improve anything...?

Assassin_M
07-21-2013, 08:38 AM
maybe the last AC will be mostly set in the modern day
don`t say such things :| I`d like to buy the last AC if it ever happens...

ladyleonhart
07-21-2013, 08:49 AM
don`t say such things :| I`d like to buy the last AC if it ever happens...

What was wrong with that? I don't want it to end either. I merely meant that IF it comes to that. Also, about the modern day aspect, it is possible.

Assassin_M
07-21-2013, 08:55 AM
What was wrong with that? I don't want it to end either. I merely meant that IF it comes to that. Also, about the modern day aspect, it is possible.
I meant that if the last AC is set in the modern day then I probably wont buy it, since there`re tons of other modern day stealth games...

It`s possible...anything`s possible...doesn't mean they`ll do it :|

ladyleonhart
07-21-2013, 09:07 AM
I meant that if the last AC is set in the modern day then I probably wont buy it, since there`re tons of other modern day stealth games...

It`s possible...anything`s possible...doesn't mean they`ll do it :|

Okay. "Mostly" was the wrong word. I should have said that there might be "more focus" on the modern day part. Obviously, they have to link everything together, otherwise what is the point of the rest of the games. They can't just ignore the history or the Assassins. If they did, it would make me upset too. :(

As for it becoming a modern day stealth game... I have absolutely no interest in playing a game like that.

Assassin_M
07-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Okay. "Mostly" was the wrong word. I should have said that there might be "more focus" on the modern day part. Obviously, they have to link everything together, otherwise what is the point of the rest of the games. They can't just ignore the history or the Assassins. If they did, it would make me upset too. :(

As for it becoming a modern day stealth game... I have absolutely no interest in playing a game like that.
I don`t have a problem with them giving more focus...add to that something that feels distinct from the historical portion...not something as jarring as the Desmond sequences in AC II and the Abstergo infiltration..

pirate1802
07-21-2013, 09:23 AM
The thing that made AC special was the historical gameplay, and if you transfer the existing mechanics over to the modern day, you get utter **** like Desmond's Abstergo "infiltration". They would have to change so much about the AC formula it wouldn't even feel like AC anymore anyway.

LOL yeah. What a joke that was.. and people still don't realize the historical mechanics simply don't work in modern times. You have to change them so much that it would resemble a differet game altogather. At which point, I'd wonder why even bother calling it AC anymore?

Where's the TWCB in Watch Dogs? Where's POEs? Why is everything monitored all of a sudden? .

You are taking things too literally mate. Watch_Dogs is also considered to be inspired from Person of Interest but you don't see people asking where is the machine???

Personally, I'd be super duper glad if they ever confirmed WD is indeed the Modern AC. Better make a new IP for the modern part and develop new game mechanics altogether than doing a **** job of forcing the historical mechanics into modern day parts and come up with jokes like the Abstergo infiltration mission.. A new IP would allow them the freedom they need. Players who want a modern day AC can play that game, those who don't, can skip it. Win win all around!

ladyleonhart
07-21-2013, 09:30 AM
I don`t have a problem with them giving more focus...add to that something that feels distinct from the historical portion...not something as jarring as the Desmond sequences in AC II and the Abstergo infiltration..

Upon reflection, I was just trying to be open-minded and see other people's perspectives :p but... there is no way it should be completely modern. I agree, and as I have already said we need both. I know some people prefer the history or want more modernity, without either it wouldn't be Assassin's Creed at all.

I kind of liked Desmond in the end. I think a lot of people complained so much about him that Ubisoft couldn't see another way out, except to kill him off. I didn't want that ending, but hey, we don't get to choose, and Ubisoft are just trying to do what they think the majority of fans want... I guess the modern day part could do with some actual stealth and in a realistic way. Not with automatic firearms like some people keep thinking. Also, just because we have guns, I don't see why everyone thinks it would be necessary for the modern day part. Sure your enemies might have guns, but I thought being an Assassin meant that stealth was one of your skills. Then I guess people are scared of the unknown, just like in everything else.

Yeah, the Abstergo infiltration wasn't really well thought out at all ^^'. I think it's what put people off, and consequently made Ubisoft get rid of Desmond. It could've been really good, but... oh well.

Then we need more missions and maybe more excursions for the modern day protagonist (but not just go here and do this or get this object), which could link the historical part and the modern day part very nicely. :) There is a lot of history we still haven't discovered and the modern day protagonist could be part of that. Who knows, we might get a more portable animus. Then you couldn't lose the link to the past and then the possibilities would be endless. :D

Spider_Sith9
07-21-2013, 12:56 PM
LOL yeah. What a joke that was.. and people still don't realize the historical mechanics simply don't work in modern times. You have to change them so much that it would resemble a differet game altogather. At which point, I'd wonder why even bother calling it AC anymore?

You are taking things too literally mate. Watch_Dogs is also considered to be inspired from Person of Interest but you don't see people asking where is the machine???

Personally, I'd be super duper glad if they ever confirmed WD is indeed the Modern AC. Better make a new IP for the modern part and develop new game mechanics altogether than doing a **** job of forcing the historical mechanics into modern day parts and come up with jokes like the Abstergo infiltration mission.. A new IP would allow them the freedom they need. Players who want a modern day AC can play that game, those who don't, can skip it. Win win all around!

Then they should get rid of the WD in AC Universe crap and stop making them linked because it makes no sense. I'm not taking it literally. I'm just sick in tired of people saying it's a modern AC where there's suddenly no Sci-Fi elements. Closest thing to Modern Day is The Desmond Files, Surveillance and Comics.

Upon reflection, I was just trying to be open-minded and see other people's perspectives :p but... there is no way it should be completely modern. I agree, and as I have already said we need both. I know some people prefer the history or want more modernity, without either it wouldn't be Assassin's Creed at all.

I kind of liked Desmond in the end. I think a lot of people complained so much about him that Ubisoft couldn't see another way out, except to kill him off. I didn't want that ending, but hey, we don't get to choose, and Ubisoft are just trying to do what they think the majority of fans want... I guess the modern day part could do with some actual stealth and in a realistic way. Not with automatic firearms like some people keep thinking. Also, just because we have guns, I don't see why everyone thinks it would be necessary for the modern day part. Sure your enemies might have guns, but I thought being an Assassin meant that stealth was one of your skills. Then I guess people are scared of the unknown, just like in everything else.

Yeah, the Abstergo infiltration wasn't really well thought out at all ^^'. I think it's what put people off, and consequently made Ubisoft get rid of Desmond. It could've been really good, but... oh well.

Then we need more missions and maybe more excursions for the modern day protagonist (but not just go here and do this or get this object), which could link the historical part and the modern day part very nicely. :) There is a lot of history we still haven't discovered and the modern day protagonist could be part of that. Who knows, we might get a more portable animus. Then you couldn't lose the link to the past and then the possibilities would be endless. :D

Way ahead of you. :D Maybe he/she could see a special developer version of the Animus OS. It clearly similar to ARI from Heavy Rain so it'll be easy to switch from semi-virtual to full Added-Reality.

LoyalACFan
07-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Then they should get rid of the WD in AC Universe crap and stop making them linked because it makes no sense. I'm not taking it literally. I'm just sick in tired of people saying it's a modern AC where there's suddenly no Sci-Fi elements. Closest thing to Modern Day is The Desmond Files, Surveillance and Comics.

You play as a dude in the near-future who hacks a supercomputer that runs every facet of daily life in Chicago and uses it to fight crime... and there's no sci-fi elements?

Mmmmkay.

But if you're talking exclusively about TWCB and the Animus... that stuff isn't common knowledge. 7 billion people in the AC universe have no clue about Juno or the Templars. Sure, they have the Animus, as we saw in AC3's MP, but it's an extremely nerfed version that's basically a souped-up gaming console, which we may even see allusions to in Watchdogs.

pirate1802
07-21-2013, 02:48 PM
What Loyal said.. it makes sense because a lot of those who bought AC3 have no idea about the roots of the series. So they made a nerfed modern day AC-type game without all the magical mumbo jumbo. makes sense.

BK-110
07-21-2013, 04:14 PM
I think a modern day Assassin's Creed game, perhaps playing as an important Assassin at the front, could be quite interesting. Cooperative gameplay could also be a fitting possibility. I'd rather see resources be spent for increasing the quality of true Assassin's Creed games. But if they were to create a modern day game, I do think it could turn out interesting.

But well, Watch Dogs is in many ways much like a modern day Assassin's Creed game might be.

Jexx21
07-21-2013, 05:12 PM
BK, where did you get that signature? I like the style that was released in the AC3 fan kit, and that looks the same. I also like ACR's robes more than ACB's, so having them in my banner would be awesome (although they don't really go along with the "Ezio's Motivation is Revenge" shtick, since that was only his motivation in AC2 and ACB), but I would definitely want Aveline in the banner aswell.

If you made it yourself, would you mind editing one for me? :P
If I had to leave out an Assassin it would be Nikolai though.

joey-4321_web
07-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Frankly, because it would be boring as ****. Aside from retaining all of the other modern-day problems for an AC game (namely automatic firearms negating close-quarters combat and cars changing traversal entirely), it wouldn't even look cool. I mean... do you want stuff like this

http://www.gamersglobal.de/sites/gamersglobal.de/files/preview/teaser/1148/AC2_S_074_Leap_Of_Faith_Tuscany_SanGimignano.jpg

or this?

http://www.radialsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/suburb1.jpeg

Parkour would be far easier and FAR more boring in the suburbs, and if you go even farther out to more remote locations, there wouldn't be enough to climb on to even justify a parkour system at all. And I don't see how adding interiors would improve anything...?

Man you picked the most boring suburbs you find huh? I live in the suburbs man so don't say I don't know what I'm talking about
And I didn't say it would improve i said it could be a new and possibly challenging approach to the parkour/free running mechanics.

Samur80
07-22-2013, 10:45 AM
AC isn't a historical game. It's a game that spans millenia. Large patrs of the story take place in history, but they way they have made it means they aren't tied to one specific formula. Which is why I enjoy it. A modern day game could very easily be done, if made well.

And as for rooftop runs. They might not be possible. But the reason most people came to the series was it's innovation and inventiveness. The could very well come up with something else, as opposed to relying on gimmicks.

I personally would enjoy a 20th Century, Cold War AC game. Maybe starting just after the end of WW2. Lots of potential for fun locations and espionage/assassination.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 11:27 AM
AC isn't a historical game.

Yes it is, actually.
Thanks for the laugh, though. Most hilarious thing I read all week.

Samur80
07-22-2013, 12:38 PM
A well reasoned argument there Assasin M. You put a lot of thought into that one.

Glad I could help. :D

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 12:40 PM
A well reasoned argument there Assasin M. You put a lot of thought into that one.
There actually is no argument.

Samur80
07-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Of course there is. Stop being lazy and try!

Assasin's Creed is a game about power and control. And what people want to do with them. It's freedom vs security. With a bit of the apocalypse thrown in for good measure. The settings have been historical so far, which tells the story. That part of the story is complete. So they don't necessarily NEED to make another game historical. I'm not saying they shouldn't. I'm saying that they can do more with the franchise (they probably won't though).

EDIT: Spelling

TheHumanTowel
07-22-2013, 12:56 PM
No Assassin's Creed is a game about reliving history through the lives of your ancestors through the animus.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Of course there is. Stop being lazy and try!

Assasin's Creed is a game about power and control. And what people want to do with them. It's freedom vs security. With a bit of the apocalypse thrown in for good measure. The settings have been historical so far, which tells the story. That part of the story is complete. So they don't necessarily NEED to make another game historical. I'm not saying they shouldn't. I'm saying that they can do more with the franchise (they probably won't though).

EDIT: Spelling
I'm not being lazy. You're describing a story. The premise and plot of the game. That has absolutely nothing to do with the genre. AC's genre is a historical action adventure and stealth. Don't take my word for it. A little trip to Wikipedia will help.

Samur80
07-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Genre and story have nothing to do with each other? Wise up.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Genre and story have nothing to do with each other? Wise up.
Not entirely. They're definitely not mutually exclusive and like I said; Wikipedia.

Samur80
07-22-2013, 01:16 PM
They are different, but linked. Assassin's Creed is an action game WITH heavy historical element. If they kept the same players (Assassin's/Templars), and continued the story of that fued, it would still be an AC game.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 01:18 PM
They are different, but linked. Assassin's Creed is an action game WITH heavy historical element. If they kept the same players (Assassin's/Templars), and continued the story of that fued, it would still be an AC game.
Wikipedia.

Samur80
07-22-2013, 01:19 PM
What has Wikipedia got to do with that statement?

Look at Halo Wars. Still the same conflict, but with a different type of gameplay.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 01:23 PM
What has Wikipedia got to do with that statement?

Look at Halo Wars. Still the same conflict, but with a different type of gameplay.
Go to Wikipedia. Search Assassins Creed. First words in the first line after "Assassins Creed is a" are "historical action adventure. Thank you. Bye.

halo wars is a spin off.

FrankieSatt
07-22-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm not being lazy. You're describing a story. The premise and plot of the game. That has absolutely nothing to do with the genre. AC's genre is a historical action adventure and stealth. Don't take my word for it. A little trip to Wikipedia will help.

Anyone that uses Wikipedia as a source has no proof or evidence of anything.

A website that allows the average Joe Blow to make changes to it IS NOT a source of any reliability.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Anyone that uses Wikipedia as a source has no proof or evidence of anything.

A website that allows the average Joe Blow to make changes to it IS NOT a source of any reliability.
How about checking big sites where they describe AC as a historical action adventure and no they`re not editable by the average Joe?? Sit down, Frankie...

FrankieSatt
07-22-2013, 01:48 PM
How about checking big sites where they describe AC as a historical action adventure and no they`re not editable by the average Joe?? Sit down, Frankie...

Then please point us to those sites.

You are missing half the game if you call it a Historical game only. It's not just a Historical game. Without the Animus wouldn't have the Historical part.

It is a combination of Historical AND Modern Day.

You can't just ignore the Modern Day because you might happen to like it.

By the way, I never said a 100% Modern Day game would be any good, I said that I could see it happening. If UbiSoft is going to destroy the Historical part of the game they will most likely finish destroying, they started with ACIII, the Modern Day story line too by making a 100% Modern Day game.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Then please point us to those sites.
Google it yourself. I`d help you if it was a loooong search, but really it`s nothing...mate, listen to the dev interviews, read previews....their motto is "HISTORY IS OUR PLAYGROUND"

You are missing half the game if you call it a Historical game only. It's not just a Historical game. Without the Animus wouldn't have the Historical part.
10% Modern day gameplay, calls it half of the game...good job, mate..

It is a combination of Historical AND Modern Day.
You don`t say?

You can't just ignore the Modern Day because you might happen to like it.
I actually like the modern day. i`m not ignoring it...i`v been one of the supporters for modern day to effectively stay

By the way, I never said a 100% Modern Day game would be any good,
then why are we having this conversation??

I said that I could see it happening.
Ubisoft could too...just that they most likely wont do it, as has been stated by Darby

If UbiSoft is going to destroy the Historical part of the game they will most likely finish destroying, they started with ACIII, the Modern Day story line too by making a 100% Modern Day game.
yeah yeah, usual hate on AC III...i`ll just leave you to it without a comment....

LoyalACFan
07-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Man you picked the most boring suburbs you find huh? I live in the suburbs man so don't say I don't know what I'm talking about
And I didn't say it would improve i said it could be a new and possibly challenging approach to the parkour/free running mechanics.

Nope, nice try, I live in suburbs too, and these houses are actually a hell of a lot more interesting than the ones around me. At least they're all two-story buildings. I'm surrounded by houses like this

http://images.whereforeclosure.com/Images/Houses/oh/new-lebanon/856-fuls-rd-new-lebanon-oh-45345.jpg

And I'm still completely failing to see how suburbs would be more challenging than a city for parkour... I mean, if they're like the one I live in, the houses are too far apart to jump from one to the other (boring), but if they're like the ones in the image I posted earlier, it'd be a damn parkour freeway (also boring).

ProletariatPleb
07-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Well don't know jack about stories if you think the modern day is a vital part and not just a cheap plot device...

"Without modern day historical wouldn't exist" what ********, they could have very well used some other plot device or none at all and with a few changes(TWCB stuff) the story would be just fine, maybe even better. AC is not a modern day game, it's like saying GTA4 is a friendship simulator because your fat cousin keeps calling you to do some activity every once in a while.

What's the point of a modern day AC game? They can't make it seem legit without introducing modern firearms, modern firearms means instant death unless they do something even more ludicrous like not having us die easily of gunfire.

TheHumanTowel
07-22-2013, 02:54 PM
The entire TWCB plot would be entirely pointless without the modern day. The modern day and historical parts are parts of the one story. Wanting a solely modern day game or a solely historical game is equally ******ed.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 02:57 PM
The entire TWCB plot would be entirely pointless without the modern day. The modern day and historical parts are parts of the one story. Wanting a solely modern day game or a solely historical game is equally ******ed.
This

ProletariatPleb
07-22-2013, 02:58 PM
It is pointless anyway...

And that's what I said, the "few changes" to the plot=TWCB bs, I even mentioned that...

TheHumanTowel
07-22-2013, 03:05 PM
It is pointless anyway...

And that's what I said, the "few changes" to the plot=TWCB bs, I even mentioned that...
"Few changes" meaning massive changes to the premise of the series and the series' universe. Okay.

TWCB have been an integral part of the series since AC1 man. Shrugging off getting rid of them as a small change is ridiculous.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 03:07 PM
getting rid of them as a small change is ridiculous.
Sid IS ridiculous..

ProletariatPleb
07-22-2013, 03:13 PM
"Few changes" meaning massive changes to the premise of the series and the series' universe. Okay.

TWCB have been an integral part of the series since AC1 man. Shrugging off getting rid of them as a small change is ridiculous.
Yer missing the point lad, they're a part of the overarching plot of , but they aren't the main focus of the games is what I'm trying to say.

And again with the 'they were part of series thing since 1' .....I'm not talking about suddenly removing them. If they weren't ever part of AC at all, something else could very well replace them.
Point being, modern day isn't as important as people are trying to make it, the other part of the game which happens to take 95% of the time is the main focus, with a link between the two of them.

You can't say AC is 50/50 modern/historical because that's just borderline stupid.

Kaschra
07-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Why would anyone choose an American suburb as an example for a modern day setting anyway?

TheHumanTowel
07-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Yer missing the point lad, they're a part of the overarching plot of , but they aren't the main focus of the games is what I'm trying to say.

And again with the 'they were part of series thing since 1' .....I'm not talking about suddenly removing them. If they weren't ever part of AC at all, something else could very well replace them.
Point being, modern day isn't as important as people are trying to make it, the other part of the game which happens to take 95% of the time is the main focus, with a link between the two of them.

You can't say AC is 50/50 modern/historical because that's just borderline stupid.
It's the driving force of the series plot. It's the link between the games. The narrative of the series IS the modern day. It's important. You may not like it but that doesn't change the fact that it's important.

ProletariatPleb
07-22-2013, 03:53 PM
It's the driving force of the series plot. It's the link between the games. The narrative of the series IS the modern day. It's important. You may not like it but that doesn't change the fact that it's important.
....................right, well I won't argue this any further. This will lead nowhere. The point here is was that modern day isn't the focus of the games because it takes up only a fraction of the game meanwhile you're busy defending how you like the modern day instead of that point.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 03:56 PM
you're busy defending how you like the modern day instead of that point.
That`s actually what you`re doing...except you`re defending how you DON`T like the Modern day.....but eh...if you want it done, it`s done..

ladyleonhart
07-22-2013, 04:00 PM

I agree with you Towel!! The modern day is important as well. We need it. Otherwise, AC would just be a flawed history lesson.:)

lothario-da-be
07-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I agree with you Towel!! The modern day is important as well. We need it. Otherwise, AC would just be a flawed history lesson.:)
I am glad you say flawed :p

TheHumanTowel
07-22-2013, 04:13 PM
....................right, well I won't argue this any further. This will lead nowhere. The point here is was that modern day isn't the focus of the games because it takes up only a fraction of the game meanwhile you're busy defending how you like the modern day instead of that point.
I never said it was the focus of the games. I said it was an important part of the games, which you tried to say it wasn't. My post is completely on-topic with that point.

ProletariatPleb
07-22-2013, 04:21 PM
I never said it was the focus of the games.
Jeezus Towel, I wasn't directing it at you, check the replies before my post. They were talking about it being the main focus and that's what I was responding to.

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 04:24 PM
"I wasn't directing it at [HumanTowel]"

*quoted HumanTowel*

ProletariatPleb
07-22-2013, 04:33 PM
"I wasn't directing it at [HumanTowel]"

*quoted HumanTowel*
Now I know you're an apologist and a fanboy, but never knew you were blind as well.

http://puu.sh/3IXUD.png

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Now I know you're an apologist and a fanboy, but never knew you were blind as well.

Awwww did he hit a nerve??

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
I was actually referring to how HumanTowel was quoting a post you made (which was also quoting a post he made) and responding to, and then your response to his new post is how he wasn't directing it at him. I assumed you were talking about the post HumanTowel quoted.

By the way, I don't understand why you're resulting to insults now. (and before you mention it, yes I did call myself an apologist)

ProletariatPleb
07-22-2013, 04:54 PM
By the way, I don't understand why you're resulting to insults now. (and before you mention it, yes I did call myself an apologist)
Bad day, someone close died. Had no intention to insult, just a bit pissed that you assumed something else and are making remarks about hat among other things.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Bad day, someone close died. Had no intention to insult, just a bit pissed that you assumed something else and are making remarks about hat among other things.
i`m sorry :/

ProletariatPleb
07-22-2013, 05:06 PM
i`m sorry :/
Yeahhh, don't mean to sound like a ***** but I'd like it if people wouldn't start sympathizing suddenly. Thanks anyway.

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeahhh, don't mean to sound like a ***** but I'd like it if people wouldn't start sympathizing suddenly. Thanks anyway.
I dislike anything you like, so...

ze_topazio
07-22-2013, 05:12 PM
After 10 games some people still have not understood that the selling point of this series is the historical time periods, I'm impressed!

People say skyscrapers wouldn't be good for climbing and free-running, why do people always assume a modern AC would take place in the USA?

SixKeys
07-22-2013, 05:29 PM
After 10 games some people still have not understood that the selling point of this series is the historical time periods, I'm impressed!

People say skyscrapers wouldn't be good for climbing and free-running, why do people always assume a modern AC would take place in the USA?

Pretty much every country consists mainly of skyscrapers these days, at least in big cities.

ze_topazio
07-22-2013, 05:34 PM
^No way man, most European cities have their historical centers intact, skyscrapers are rare and they don't scrape the sky that much.

Lemon_monger
07-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Why would anyone want modern day AC? Play Prototype. Personally, I would like to see it with a mix of modern and Eden days. How sweet would that be? Like maybe another 'puzzle' to solve like in the cave or back story on Adam and Eve like they did in Revelations. Even if it was just side missions in modern day instead of some, or mostly, main storyline. And in Eden, there'd probably be plenty of tall buildings to climb. Ruins to explore, those who came before to spy on, pieces of Eden to steal to gain power over them. Ooh it's exciting... Unlikely, but exciting. Seriously, how could someone choose modern day over Eden? I'd also love to see the option for first person game play.

Next thing you know, they'll be wanting to fly helicopters and drive cars.

SixKeys
07-22-2013, 06:32 PM
^No way man, most European cities have their historical centers intact, skyscrapers are rare and they don't scrape the sky that much.

Clearly you haven't been to Berlin or Rotterdam.

Maybe not skyscrapers like in New York, but certainly most cities have tall, modern storey houses instead of the idyllic country villas of AC2's Italy.

x___Luffy___x
07-22-2013, 06:36 PM
well im not in favor of a modern day assassin s creed..

here s a something from gta 4 , i think it might look a bit like this :

http://i.picpar.com/sys.jpg

http://i.picpar.com/tys.jpg

SixKeys
07-22-2013, 06:39 PM
I actually liked the modern day segments in AC3 that had you freerunning on skyscrapers. I just think that stuff is better left for small chunks of the story instead of a full game.

cherriynanky
09-05-2013, 09:14 AM
http://dailysplitter.com/modern-assassins-creed-game-a-possibility-says-writer/

I so hope a possibility turns into reality. It seems so silly that there isn't a AC set in the modern day yet. I know there are other Ubi games which are similar set now but they really aren't the same. Is it really to much to ask to be able to climb the empire state building? Am I alone in this or is this something others want as well?

I have an experience to share with you guys. Once I was in a remote place, my signal in my phone got jammed, i thought the problem would be with my service provider. After coming back home i gave black and blues to my customer care highlighting my issue. They pleaded me saying that the problem is not with them. Then i browsed through the search engine regarding my issue, i got a remedy for my cell phone, there i came to know the problem called signal jamming that is experienced in most cell phones. They have a product called cell jammer could be very useful to get rid of these problems. Check out the details here cell jammer and hope this information would be beneficial. Hope that u would pass this information to all your friends, so that they too would benefited, Stay safe, Cheers

Hans684
09-05-2013, 02:50 PM
If it happens they should take a BIG note from Hitman, a little from Splinter Cell(Not Conviction), some from Batman Arkham and Watch_Dogs.

Hitman:

1) Lett us be able to take ANY enemy clothing.
2) More ways to kill the target.
3) Crunch.
4) More ways to get to the target.
5) Mission design.

Splinter Cell:

1) Paladin system.
2) Some old school hacking.
3) Having the enemy's have a pattern that allows you to go Hitman, Ghost, or take them out silent(Panther) and guns blasting(Assault).
4) Hitman, Ghost, Panther and Assault.
Hitman(Sosial Stealth)
Ghost:
- Non-Lethal.
- Non-Lethal veapons.
- Silent Takedowns.

Panther:
- Lethal.
- Lethal veapons.
- Lethal Takedowns.

Assault:
- non-silent veapons.
- armor.

Batman Arkham:

1) A.I
2) Investigation.
3) Some hacking systems.

Watch_Dogs:

1) Hacking.
2) The system that reacts to what you do.

Did i forget something?

xboxauditore
09-05-2013, 03:05 PM
If Assassin's creed drops the history aspect, then they'll lose so many fans, Part of the reason I love the games are the facts I learn about the time period.

pirate1802
09-05-2013, 03:07 PM
If it happens they should take a BIG note from Hitman, a little from Splinter Cell(Not Conviction), some from Batman Arkham and Watch_Dogs.

Hitman:

1) Lett us be able to take ANY enemy clothing.
2) More ways to kill the target.
3) Crunch.
4) More ways to get to the target.
5) Mission design.

Splinter Cell:

1) Paladin system.
2) Some old school hacking.
3) Having the enemy's have a pattern that allows you to go Hitman, Ghost, or take them out silent(Panther) and guns blasting(Assault).
4) Hitman, Ghost, Panther and Assault.
Hitman(Sosial Stealth)
Ghost:
- Non-Lethal.
- Non-Lethal veapons.
- Silent Takedowns.

Panther:
- Lethal.
- Lethal veapons.
- Lethal Takedowns.

Assault:
- non-silent veapons.
- armor.

Batman Arkham:

1) A.I
2) Investigation.
3) Some hacking systems.

Watch_Dogs:

1) Hacking.
2) The system that reacts to what you do.

Did i forget something?

Thing is, as you can see.. they have to develop entirely new mechanics for modern day settings (hacking for example). On top of that develop stuff for ancestral part. So its either A) make a modern-only AC or B) Recycle ancestral mechanics in modern times and get Abstergo infiltration-type ludicriosities. If its A then why even bother calling it AC? better make a new franchise. Honestly, if Watch_Dogs and AC do indeed share the same universe then that is probably the best solution to this problem.

If Assassin's creed drops the history aspect, then they'll lose so many fans, Part of the reason I love the games are the facts I learn about the time period.

Exactly. Its not like there is any dearth of GTA-type modern day sandbox games. And we have (to my knowledge) exactly one historical sandbox game. Please let it remain so?

x___Luffy___x
09-05-2013, 03:16 PM
it would be the end of AC if they go to a modern day setting. i hope it never come to that.