PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed reboot

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 01:09 PM
This is something i have been thinking about lately. What if ubi reboots ac, and with that i mean a real reboot. That starts everything fresh in a new universe but with the same concept. Assassin's, Templars,TWCB, animussus-animi? :p. But then without everything they have created the past years. I can see them do that, and i wouldn't be happy with it. They have been screwing the modern day up more and more, so a solution could be to start again without having to take previous games into account. What do you think about a reboot? IMO the franchise would be completly lost then.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 01:15 PM
This is something i have been thinking about lately. What if ubi reboots ac, and with that i mean a real reboot. That starts everything fresh in a new universe but with the same concept. Assassin's, Templars,TWCB, animussus-animi? :p. But then without everything they have created the past years. I can see them do that, and i wouldn't be happy with it. They have been screwing the modern day up more and more, so a solution could be to start again without having to take previous games into account. What do you think about a reboot? IMO the franchise would be completly lost then.

I don't think I would like them to reboot it. As for the modern aspect being ruined, we haven't played ACIV yet and maybe they will surprise us. Perhaps they are trying to give us a different perspective and who knows in the next AC game the modern aspect might develop into what we want.

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't think I would like them to reboot it. As for the modern aspect being ruined, we haven't played ACIV yet and maybe they will surprise us. Perhaps they are trying to give us a different perspective and who knows in the next AC game the modern aspect might develop into what we want.
i hope so, the ac4 modern day could be realy good, but i am not getting my hopes up high. Ac4 is their last chance for me, if its bad then, i am not going to bother with the modern day anymore.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 01:18 PM
i hope so, the ac4 modern day could be realy good, but i am not getting my hopes up high. Ac4 is their last chance for me, if its bad then, i am not going to bother with the modern day anymore.

What would you say is a good modern scenario in AC?

dxsxhxcx
07-19-2013, 01:20 PM
they don't need to make a reboot, they just need to get rid of Juno and then create a new modern day story with another menace and a new protagonist where the past events won't have much impact...

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 01:22 PM
they don't need to make a reboot
mmm

they just need to get rid of Juno and then create a new modern day story with another menace and a new protagonist where the past events won't have much impact...
So.....a reboot??

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 01:24 PM
mmm

So.....a reboot??

How is that a reboot...?

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 01:25 PM
How is that a reboot...?
well...wasn't a reboot just throwing everything out the window and starting fresh?? that`s the idea I got:confused:

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 01:28 PM
I already have an idea for a reboot LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before you posted this thread. Also that what they should've done with AC3 instead of ending it the way it did. I'm sure they know how much reboots are frowned upon these days.

dxsxhxcx
07-19-2013, 01:29 PM
mmm

So.....a reboot??

not exactly, it would still happen in the same universe, the past events just wouldn't be important for whatever this new protagonist will need to stop, old characters could still appear but what they did in the past during Desmond's arc wouldn't be the center of attention anymore...

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 01:30 PM
not exactly, it would still happen in the same universe, the past events just wouldn't be important for whatever this new protagonist will need to stop, old characters could still appear but what they did in the past during Desmond's arc wouldn't be the center of attention anymore...
Ah alright, clearer now..thanks

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 01:30 PM
well...wasn't a reboot just throwing everything out the window and starting fresh?? that`s the idea I got:confused:

Maybe you are right... I am probably wrong. However, my interpretation of the following...

they don't need to make a reboot, they just need to get rid of Juno and then create a new modern day story with another menace and a new protagonist where the past events won't have much impact...

... is that, we do need to get rid of Juno at some point. Then, of course, the next step would be to introduce a new story with a new protagonist. As for past events not making an impact, I thought dxsxhxcx meant that Juno will be defeated so it won't affect the new storyline directly.

Edit: Guess I was right ;):

And I agree with you! xD Hopefully, Juno's story will end in ACIV and we'll have this in the next game! :)

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 01:38 PM
If Ezio is an antagonist. Altair is a weakling. Connor is a boss. 4-Player Modern Co-op as well as the modern protagonist a stoic cold-hearted ***** based from Utaite AkiAkane and voiced by Laura Bailey and her friend (and secretly Mentor) is voiced by Mark Meer = *drools*

And that's not even half of my idea for the reboot.

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Lightsabres.. I want them...

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Well i ment a new universe but with the same concept.
edit: i see other people already answered sorry.

FrankieSatt
07-19-2013, 01:45 PM

I normally do not like Reboots, but I would take a Reboot over the pile of smoldering crap they are going to release with Black Flag.

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 01:47 PM
What about hidden lightsabres? :p

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 01:47 PM
I normally do not like Reboots, but I would take a Reboot over the pile of smoldering crap they are going to release with Black Flag.
And how do you know it will be crap?

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 01:50 PM

I love Star Wars! xD

Take a look at this: :D

Plunkett, Luke (2012) 'What if Assassin's Creed Looked More Like Star Wars?' Kotaku.com.au, published 13 August 2012.
Available at: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/08/what-if-assassins-creed-looked-more-like-star-wars/

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17vs93l2ai8eojpg/original.jpg

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 01:51 PM
I would take a Reboot over the pile of smoldering crap they are going to release with Black Flag.
I`d like to see your license for bull ****, sir...

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 01:53 PM
I forgot this one: ;)

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17vs93l27g4o9jpg/original.jpg

FrankieSatt
07-19-2013, 01:55 PM
And how do you know it will be crap?

Haven't you been watching the videos of the Pirate Ship simulator they are making instead of an Assassin's Creed game?

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Haven't you been watching the videos of the Pirate Ship simulator they are making instead of an Assassin's Creed game?
Have you seen Havana and Kingston yet? Indeed, me neither, so please wait until you see those, and if you can wait longer wait untill you play the game.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 01:57 PM

How rude! It is not a Pirate Ship simulator!

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Have you seen Havana and Kingston yet? Indeed, me neither, so please wait until you see those, and if you can wait longer wait untill you play the game.
lol, well said...

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 02:03 PM

Here's Havana:

http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2013/05/ACIVBF_Screenshot_Havana_RushToAssassinate.jpg

Oh, look... Dry land. ^_~

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Haters gonna hate..

Ureh
07-19-2013, 02:15 PM
A reboot where Altair gets three games of his own and Ezio only gets one. :)

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Nah, a reboot with 2 Connor games, And 1 with Achillis and Haytham.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 02:29 PM

Agreed! ;)

ctuagent15
07-19-2013, 03:02 PM
In the twitter Q&A with Darby yesterday he said that 60% of gameplay is on land, he also said that the Templars and assassins are fighting in the game, so I don't think its just a pirate ship simulator as you keep saying.

ze_topazio
07-19-2013, 04:23 PM
As long as is not made by Ninja Theory.

AC: Assassin's Creed

My name is Altair and f*ck you!

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 04:33 PM
As long as is not made by Ninja Theory.

AC: Assassin's Creed

My name is Altair and f*ck you!
Wut?

ze_topazio
07-19-2013, 04:50 PM
You didn't heard about the Devil May Cry reboot made by Ninja Theory?

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Ah you mean that, imo it isn't so bad, i expected worse before release.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 04:52 PM

I hated that reboot :(

ze_topazio
07-19-2013, 05:10 PM
It's an okay game but a terrible Devil May Cry.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 05:11 PM
It's an okay game but a terrible Devil May Cry.

I liked DMC, but I just couldn't bring myself to play that one.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Well, I can see them continuing the AC4-style modern day story in the next game or two. I expect that Juno isn't going to start her plans for world domination just yet... I think that if a reboot-ish thing happens, the modern day will cover dealing with Juno.

And I don't understand how the modern-day segments have been completely bad yet. I do think that AC3 did a good job on them though... not a great or excellent job by any means, but I enjoyed the missions.

I-Like-Pie45
07-19-2013, 05:43 PM
What about a reboot where you play as an Assassin during WW2... but it turnz out likes Hitlar, Stalling, Benito Tortellini, and Toho were ASSASSINZ so you working with bad guy for game! AND YOU ALSO ARE BAD GUY MORAL GREY CONTINUANCE TO EXTREME

(Subject 16 wuz just lying bout all that WW2 templar stuff in ac2 to make assassins look better)

the targets could be like oscar schindler, erwin rommel, Roosevelt, leon trotsky, Winston Churchill, Eisenhower, and gen macarthur. Except only Rommel and Trotsky can actually be assassinated because everyone else are important and cant die

but then since bad guy can't win ww2, the game switches over halfway to the feared Templar Assassin Killer, Lt. Aldo Raine and you like KEEEL HITLAR, STALLING, TORTELLINI, TOHO, AND PLENTY OF NAZIS

Goty 2023

FrankieSatt
07-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Haters gonna hate..

So the approximately 90%+ of the videos that have shown Pirates and ships and very little in regards to Assassin's Creed means nothing? I guess I should just take that as only 50% of the game even thought its 90%+ of the videos?

I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen and what I've read about the game. Very little has been said about anything that resembles Assassin's Creed while just about every video starts and finishes with ships and ship battles and most of what is in between is the same.

But hey, if that's considered hating than maybe you can talk to the marketing team or the dev team and ask them to show us something that actually resembles Assassin's Creed.

I was right about Conviction when UbiSoft screwed that up and I'll be right about this too. Why? Because I don't have blinders on and I pay attention to what I see and read. I understand what has been shown is the basis of the game, either that or they are doing a poor job of Marketing.

All I want is something that looks like Assassin's Creed, I have yet to see much of anything regarding that.

dxsxhxcx
07-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Well, I can see them continuing the AC4-style modern day story in the next game or two. I expect that Juno isn't going to start her plans for world domination just yet... I think that if a reboot-ish thing happens, the modern day will cover dealing with Juno.

And I don't understand how the modern-day segments have been completely bad yet. I do think that AC3 did a good job on them though... not a great or excellent job by any means, but I enjoyed the missions.

keep dragging this story out won't make people continue to be interested in the game (I know I'll quit this franchise if they don't deal with Juno in the next game), it's not like they'll put any effort in the modern days the way the story is now anyway, so they should just finish this mess if they at least have a little of respect for their older fanbase and then start all over again for those who still want AC games...

Sushiglutton
07-19-2013, 05:50 PM
So the approximately 90%+ of the videos that have shown Pirates and ships and very little in regards to Assassin's Creed means nothing? I guess I should just take that as only 50% of the game even thought its 90%+ of the videos?

I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen and what I've read about the game. Very little has been said about anything that resembles Assassin's Creed while just about every video starts and finishes with ships and ship battles and most of what is in between is the same.

But hey, if that's considered hating than maybe you can talk to the marketing team or the dev team and ask them to show us something that actually resembles Assassin's Creed.

I was right about Conviction when UbiSoft screwed that up and I'll be right about this too. Why? Because I don't have blinders on and I pay attention to what I see and read. I understand what has been shown is the basis of the game, either that or they are doing a poor job of Marketing.

All I want is something that looks like Assassin's Creed, I have yet to see much of anything regarding that.

Have you seen the vid today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfFbmmsBfbU

I think it makes sense that the gameplay adjusts to the setting/era of the story. And an AC game can be set anywhere, anytime. There's nothing un-assassiny about a pirate assassin. Ubi are constantly getting accused of booth not staying true to the roots and at the same time milking the franchise.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Well, I don't see how you can deal with Juno while being stuck inside Abstergo working for them.

And what do you mean they won't put any effort into the modern day the way the story is now? The story seems like it's just beginning. I'm excited.

FrankieSatt
07-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Have you seen the vid today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfFbmmsBfbU

I think it makes sense that the gameplay adjusts to the setting/era of the story. And an AC game can be set anywhere, anytime. There's nothing un-assassiny about a pirate assassin. Ubi are constantly getting accused of booth not staying true to the roots and at the same time milking the franchise.

Than why isn't THAT the focus instead of the focus on being Kenway being a Pirate and the constant videos of ship battles and pirate ships?

I don't think a Pirate is a good choice for an Assassin, why would a Pirate care about the Assassin's or anything? All Pirates care about is stealing loot and drinking.

I didn't like Connor, but even Connor looked and played the part of being and Assassin than Kenway has looked so far. The focus is on Pirates and Pirate Ship battles. That doesn't sound like an Assassin's Creed game to me.

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Than why isn't THAT the focus instead of the focus on being Kenway being a Pirate and the constant videos of ship battles and pirate ships?

I don't think a Pirate is a good choice for an Assassin, why would a Pirate care about the Assassin's or anything? All Pirates care about is stealing loot and drinking.

I didn't like Connor, but even Connor looked and played the part of being and Assassin than Kenway has looked so far. The focus is on Pirates and Pirate Ship battles. That doesn't sound like an Assassin's Creed game to me.
The focus was on killing Brits in AC III trailers...guess what?? We actually killed Templars in the game...

that question you ask about pirates...is exactly why this is such an interesting premise

Sushiglutton
07-19-2013, 06:14 PM

I think about this in a different way. The Assassins need to be in the Caribbean for some reason (find artifacts, clues about TWCB etc). How can they establish themselves there? Well pirates seem like the perfect guys to recruit for various reasons. How would you navigate the Carribean in the search for what it is the Assassins are looking for? Well on a ship obviously. But these are dangerous times with three different fleets and other pirates sailing the seas so you need a ship that is capable of defending itself.

And voila you end up with AC4!

Pirates were mostly selfish and cared about looting, drinkin. It's precisely this inner conflict that will make Edward and the story interesting.

Azurefeatherfly
07-19-2013, 06:20 PM

You are basing all of this all on your pre-conception of pirates, which does not exist for everyone in this world. Your definition of pirates is not universal in our world and the same can be said for the fictional world.

After playing the games for so long, did you learn nothing from the Creed of Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

If it is true that an Italian Nobleman can be assassin, then Pirates should be permitted to do the same. Why the heck not?

Why are people so infatuated with chaining our hands and feet when the Creed constantly promotes the opposite?

FrankieSatt
07-19-2013, 06:25 PM
The focus was on killing Brits in AC III trailers...guess what?? We actually killed Templars in the game...

that question you ask about pirates...is exactly why this is such an interesting premise

Guess what, I didn't like ACIII either. I didn't like the setting, I didn't like Connor as an Assassin and the best character in the game was actually a TEIMPLAR in Hatham. He played the part of being an Assassin better than Connor did. He at least stayed true to his order while Connor could have cared less about the order at times it seemed.

I think about this in a different way. The Assassins need to be in the Caribbean for some reason (find artifacts, clues about TWCB etc). How can they establish themselves there? Well pirates seem like the perfect guys to recruit for various reasons. How would you navigate the Carribean in the search for what it is the Assassins are looking for? Well on a ship obviously. But these are dangerous times with three different fleets and other pirates sailing the seas so you need a ship that is capable of defending itself.

And voila you end up with AC4!

Pirates were mostly selfish and cared about looting, drinkin. It's precisely this inner conflict that will make Edward and the story interesting.

I don't think the whole "Pirate" theme is a good background for an Assassin's Creed game. I don't think a Pirate as an Assassin is very good idea either. It doesn't make sense to me and I don't see how it can make sense. It's the same reason I didn't like Connor in ACIII. Connor's focus wasn't on the order and protecting it and defending it and I don't see that being the focus on Kenway in Blackflag.

salman147
07-19-2013, 06:27 PM
No.They're not rebooting it no matter what.

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Guess what, I didn't like ACIII either. I didn't like the setting, I didn't like Connor as an Assassin and the best character in the game was actually a TEIMPLAR in Hatham. He played the part of being an Assassin better than Connor did. He at least stayed true to his order while Connor could have cared less about the order at times it seemed.

Not really the point of this discussion -_-

Not to mention the false facts

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Connor's focus wasn't on the order and protecting it and defending it
Yes it was actually. pay attention to the game next time?? ;D

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 06:36 PM
I love Star Wars! xD

Take a look at this: :D

Plunkett, Luke (2012) 'What if Assassin's Creed Looked More Like Star Wars?' Kotaku.com.au, published 13 August 2012.
Available at: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/08/what-if-assassins-creed-looked-more-like-star-wars/

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17vs93l2ai8eojpg/original.jpg

I forgot this one: ;)

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17vs93l27g4o9jpg/original.jpg

You...are a Goddess~ I've been looking for these designs FOREVER!!!!

BOTH OF THESE!!!! >:3

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 06:39 PM
You...are a Goddess~ I've been looking for these designs FOREVER!!!!

Thank you :D

ajl992008
07-19-2013, 08:04 PM
I have been THinking about a reboot, I think it would make sense once they have finished the current story with juno, go back and do another game with altair but do him properly this time, then go on to do brand new ancestors, since it is a reboot, ezio, connor and edward don't need to exist or at the very least don't need to be the character we control.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 08:24 PM
I have been THinking about a reboot, I think it would make sense once they have finished the current story with juno, go back and do another game with altair but do him properly this time, then go on to do brand new ancestors, since it is a reboot, ezio, connor and edward don't need to exist or at the very least don't need to be the character we control.

I agree with the getting rid of Juno part and I understand you are an Altair fan, and you can't hate Ezio because you have him for your member picture, but what do you have against Connor and Edward?

ajl992008
07-19-2013, 08:51 PM
I agree with the getting rid of Juno part and I understand you are an Altair fan, and you can't hate Ezio because you have him for your member picture, but what do you have against Connor and Edward?

actually my order goes like this:

1. connor
2. ezio
3. altair

altair is my least favourite, but ezio had 3 games and connors story will hopefully be concluded in the current arc if they bring him back in this whole juno story. If they reboot the franchise why would you want to go back to the same time periods again? ac is all about history, if the characters where done again sure there would be change but we will see historical events we have already seen due to the historical emphasis of the series. why I say do altair again? because his story was lacking and he had amazing potential if you take into account the events in his life, ac1's way of story telling was not as well done in comparison to sequels, bloodlines and altair chronicles were handheld games so not everyone in the fanbase will have experienced them, better to integrate it into a console game, and his moments in revelations were really short despite me really liking that version of altair, I got a better feel for the character. on top of that I doubt many people read the book lost crusade. They can open the first game by redoing his story and do it really well, many fans would probably like to go back to the crusades setting with all the new gameplay additions as well as whatever else they would introduce and It gives a good stepping stone to carry on, unlike ezio and connor, altair could do with a rebooted version of himself, then from there we can go to NEW TIMELINES and has NEW EXPERIENCES as players, not a further 2/3 games of ezio which we have already experienced. do you understand what I am saying now? good job to assume quickly from one sentence.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 08:54 PM

1. connor
2. ezio
3. altair

altair is my least favourite, but ezio had 3 games and connors story will hopefully be concluded in the current arc if they bring him back in this whole juno story. If they reboot the franchise why would you want to go back to the same time periods again? ac is all about history, if the characters where done again sure there would be change but we will see historical events we have already seen due to the historical emphasis of the series. why I say do altair again? because his story was lacking and he had amazing potential if you take into account the events in his life, ac1's way of story telling was not as well done in comparison to sequels, bloodlines and altair chronicles were handheld games so not everyone in the fanbase will have experienced them, better to integrate it into a console game, and his moments in revelations were really short despite me really liking that version of altair, I got a better feel for the character. on top of that I doubt many people read the book lost crusade. They can open the first game by redoing his story and do it really well, many fans would probably like to go back to the crusades setting with all the new gameplay additions as well as whatever else they would introduce and It gives a good stepping stone to carry on, unlike ezio and connor, altair could do with a rebooted version of himself, then from there we can go to NEW TIMELINES and has NEW EXPERIENCES as players, not a further 2/3 games of ezio which we have already experienced. do you understand what I am saying now? good job to assume quickly from one sentence.

Thank you that is clearer, but I wasn't assuming anything. You obviously didn't put it across very well. Maybe you should have written it like this in the first place. And... I'm sorry if I offended you. I was just asking a question :(

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 09:04 PM
I still think a Persona length game with a heavy emphasis on Modern Day as well as History with 4-player Co-op MP and then all being one shots or maybe just one sequel. Rather than arc style.

I mean, Ezio as an antagonist would be as awesome as infuriating to fanboys (hopefully). Altair could get his day in the limelight. Connor could maybe even be a different character. Sucks no one is acknowledging my idea. ;__;

1. connor
2. ezio
3. altair

This is something I criticize. I am kinda getting bored of shoehorning historical events and showing life stories and such. I personally think Altair should have a story that takes place in a short period of time again. The issue is that his game was repetitive and no one liked his stoicism....if he had it since stoic doesn't exist to these idiot gamers. The story wasn't the core problem.

ajl992008
07-19-2013, 09:07 PM
Thank you that is clearer, but I wasn't assuming anything. You obviously didn't put it across very well. Maybe you should have written it like this in the first place. And... I'm sorry if I offended you. I was just asking a question :(

lol no offense taken, But yeah it could be more interesting to just introduce new bloodlines but I won't lie that having those characters in the world would still be cool like a reference or a cameo or make them part of the main cast, e.g. say you set the game in 16th century spain , what if ezio did take his family to spain instead of staying in italy and you as another assassin recruit him or something, things like that to change it up so that we wouldn't just be repeating what has already been done.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Yea, if an AC reboot happens it probably won't be a typical reboot.

It will probably be a reboot where none of the previous characters are present but their story still exists in the universe.

ajl992008
07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
I still think a Persona length game with a heavy emphasis on Modern Day as well as History with 4-player Co-op MP and then all being one shots or maybe just one sequel. Rather than arc style.

I mean, Ezio as an antagonist would be as awesome as infuriating to fanboys (hopefully). Altair could get his day in the limelight. Connor could maybe even be a different character. Sucks no one is acknowledging my idea. ;__

This is something I criticize. I am kinda getting bored of shoehorning historical events and showing life stories and such. I personally think Altair should have a story that takes place in a short period of time again. The issue is that his game was repetitive and no one liked his stoicism....if he had it since stoic doesn't exist to these idiot gamers. The story wasn't the core problem.

I think that his character improved in acr, it had more feeling behind it, the problem with ac1 for many was the repetitiveness of the gameplay, since that is unlikely to be a problem I think gamers may like it more, also the crusades is a very cool setting, if they do altair they should do his entire life. most games are set in a small time frame but very few cover a characters entire life, this would make the game unique and could be very good story wise.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Ubisoft has said that they are done with making games for Altair and Ezio, and that their stories are wrapped up.

I mean honestly, we do know everything about Altair's life. Maybe it's not all in game format, but it doesn't have to be. If people who are interested in Altair don't want to read a book about his life, that's their problem.

Also, I just want to say something about "Altair's Chronicles," and that is that I'm not sure if it's completely canon. It isn't included in the Assassin's Creed encyclopedia, and there was only ever one reference to it in the entire series: when one of the Assassins in AC1 asks if Altair has seen Adha.

ajl992008
07-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Ubisoft has said that they are done with making games for Altair and Ezio, and that their stories are wrapped up.

I mean honestly, we do know everything about Altair's life. Maybe it's not all in game format, but it doesn't have to be. If people who are interested in Altair don't want to read a book about his life, that's their problem.

Also, I just want to say something about "Altair's Chronicles," and that is that I'm not sure if it's completely canon. It isn't included in the Assassin's Creed encyclopedia, and there was only ever one reference to it in the entire series: when one of the Assassins in AC1 asks if Altair has seen Adha.

ah but the thing is that would only count in the current timeline, anything can happen in a reboot so they now have a clean slate, the reason why they can't do another ezio or altair game now is that they have very little material they can use to make it interesting or better than if they went with another idea, with a reboot anything can happen since it is a reset.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 09:35 PM
As I said before, an AC reboot most likely wouldn't discard past events, it would just introduce a completely new cast of characters.

Assassin's Creed isn't the type of series that requires rebooting.

The day what you suggest happens is the day I get pissed off about the way AC would be moving. You don't just take characters you already built up, destroy them, and build them up again. I would even like it better if it just destroyed everything that happened and had new characters.

ajl992008
07-19-2013, 09:42 PM
As I said before, an AC reboot most likely wouldn't discard past events, it would just introduce a completely new cast of characters.

Assassin's Creed isn't the type of series that requires rebooting.

The day what you suggest happens is the day I get pissed off about the way AC would be moving. You don't just take characters you already built up, destroy them, and build them up again. I would even like it better if it just destroyed everything that happened and had new characters.

But I'm not saying we need to redo every character in terms of being a playable character, just altair, after your idea of a new set of characters, timelines, story etc would make sense, that is just my personal opinion on what they should do but lets not go overboard it wouldnt be a disaster even if they did redo the characters since it is a REBOOT not a continuation, you would kinda expect them to change up characters cin a reboot since if they didn't it would be a rehash. change is good sometimes.

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Yea, if an AC reboot happens it probably won't be a typical reboot.

It will probably be a reboot where none of the previous characters are present but their story still exists in the universe.
I would be ok with that, but all the ac games should fit in the current universe without having serious plotholes or anything like that.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 09:57 PM
But I'm not saying we need to redo every character in terms of being a playable character, just altair, after your idea of a new set of characters, timelines, story etc would make sense, that is just my personal opinion on what they should do but lets not go overboard it wouldnt be a disaster even if they did redo the characters since it is a REBOOT not a continuation, you would kinda expect them to change up characters cin a reboot since if they didn't it would be a rehash. change is good sometimes.

Err.. you don't understand what I'm saying.

An Assassin's Creed reboot wouldn't really be a reboot.

It would just be finishing up the current story arcs and then not using any of the old characters again in the games.

So, say we have another Connor game, called Assassin's Creed IV: Rebirth (or some sort of title that can relate to both the beginning of a nation and the rebirth of the Colonial Assassin Order), which finishes up Connor's story and also finishes up the story with Juno, or something like that. Then the next Assassin's Creed game wouldn't include any of the past modern-day characters in its cast, and wouldn't bring back any of the historical characters in the historical part. The previous games would still be canon, but their events and characters won't still be a part of the story (besides maybe occasional mentions of events that happened).

ajl992008
07-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Err.. you don't understand what I'm saying.

An Assassin's Creed reboot wouldn't really be a reboot.

It would just be finishing up the current story arcs and then not using any of the old characters again in the games.

So, say we have another Connor game, called Assassin's Creed IV: Rebirth (or some sort of title that can relate to both the beginning of a nation and the rebirth of the Colonial Assassin Order), which finishes up Connor's story and also finishes up the story with Juno, or something like that. Then the next Assassin's Creed game wouldn't include any of the past modern-day characters in its cast, and wouldn't bring back any of the historical characters in the historical part. The previous games would still be canon, but their events and characters won't still be a part of the story (besides maybe occasional mentions of events that happened).

that wouldn't be classed as a reboot though, Just simply a new chapter in the series, a reboot would mean that the universe starts from scratch which none of the other games have a direct link to the new rebooted game, on the lines of tomb raider or dmc, if what you said is a reboot then ac4 would then be a reboot as we are getting a new setting, a new modern day story (Before was about the end of the world, now its focused on juno) with new modern day characters (of course with some returning ones).

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Yea, what I'm saying is that Assassin's Creed should never receive a true reboot. It would be contrary to what they built up and all of the effort put into it.

ajl992008
07-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Yea, what I'm saying is that Assassin's Creed should never receive a true reboot. It would be contrary to what they built up and all of the effort put into it.

Ah I see I understand what you are saying now lol. I think it could do well with a reboot eventually as they may simply pile too much and drive themselves into a wall in time but its a difference of opinion I suppose

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 10:35 PM

I think it should. But after they finish the main modern plot. They screwed up big time by making AC NOT ending the game.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Hell no, if they give the series a full reboot I'm out.

That's just disrespectful to the people who created the characters and the story, not to mention the fans who enjoyed the story.

FrankieSatt
07-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Hell no, if they give the series a full reboot I'm out.

That's just disrespectful to the people who created the characters and the story, not to mention the fans who enjoyed the story.

Which story? That is the whole problem with how they created the game to start with. You have the ancestor's story and then you have the modern day story. They have pretty much ruined the modern day story with how they ended AC3. It looks like to me they have ruined the ancestors story by what they are doing in Black Flag.

So I ask again, which story are we talking about?

Jexx21
07-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Both. Neither story has been "ruined."

STDlyMcStudpants
07-22-2013, 04:42 PM
IMHO
AC IV kind of is a reboot....
New story, new trilogy. but at the same time this game and the next will be part of the Kenway trilogy..
The strange thing is that there are 2 seperate stories being told
Story #1 modern day
Story #2 History of the Assassin and Templar order
A trilogy within 2 seperate trilogies..
Trilception

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Uhm. Is Assassin's Creed III the beginning of the Kenway trilogy? Because I'm pretty sure it should be, either that or the trilogy is more than a trilogy.

Assassin's Creed - The story of Altair's fall from greatness and rise to be even greater than before, the story of Desmond's captivity in Abstergo
Assassin's Creed II - The story of Ezio's journey to avenge his family, the story of the training of Desmond
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - The story of Ezio's journey to seek vengeance for Mario and Monterigionni and the liberation of Rome, the story of Desmond's search for the Apple of Eden
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - The story of Ezio's search for knowledge and truth, the story of Desmond regaining his consciousness and separating his memories from those of Ezio and Altair
Assassin's Creed III - The story of Connor's endeavor to protect his people and his people's land and the relationship between Connor and Haytham, the story of Desmond unlocking the Grand Temple and saving the world
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - The story of Connor's grandfather, Edward Kenway, as he fights for infamy and riches while also learning from the Assassins, the story of a new Abstergo employee who finds out more about the company (and maybe even more about Juno)

Guesses on following games
-----------------------------------------
Assassin's Creed IV: <subtitle> - Continuing Connor's story and ending it (maybe involve one of his children), continuing modern-day from Black Flag, possibly with the Juno plot wrapped up
Assassin's Creed V - Maybe continuing the Kenway saga with Connor's child, maybe his daughter (so that this would effectively end the Kenway Assassin/Templar line when she's married, telling the story of the Kenway family), if the Juno plot isn't finished in the next game, it will be here. A new modern-day protagonist would reveal itself here, possibly Otso Berg (the templar trained in ACB and ACR multiplayer), whose story would also end here.
Assassin's Creed VI - A new story altogether, with all previous plots pretty much tied up and finished.

If my guesses are correct, this would be the "story lineup"

Desmond series/"The end of the world" plot: AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3
Altair game: AC1
Ezio trilogy: AC2, ACB, ACR
Kenway saga: AC3, AC4BF, AC4?, ACV
Juno trilogy: AC4BF, AC4?, ACV

I-Like-Pie45
07-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Women can't be Assassins as being an Assassinating Hero of the Past is Man's Work so your ACV idea about pffff, Connor's daughter, is terra-ball!

STDlyMcStudpants
07-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Uhm. Is Assassin's Creed III the beginning of the Kenway trilogy? Because I'm pretty sure it should be, either that or the trilogy is more than a trilogy.

Desmond series/"The end of the world" plot: AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3
Altair game: AC1
Ezio trilogy: AC2, ACB, ACR
Kenway saga: AC3, AC4BF, AC4?, ACV
Juno trilogy: AC4BF, AC4?, ACV
Yes, AC 3 is The beginning of The Kenway Trilogy and at the same time, the ending to the Assassins Creed Trilogy (They decided to keep it going)
I see AC 1, AC 2, and AC 3 As a trilogy
ACB and ACR were a 2nd trilogy within the AC trilogy
The Kenway Trilogy will be the 3rd trilogy within the 4th trilogy lol
And I don't think we will see an AC 4 spin off with the title of AC 4 in it..I think Black Flag sub title was placed so people dont think the vita game is the same as the console like i knwow so many people did last year lol
Or also to sygnify a new beginning or new chapter, all numbered titles after the original trilogy will have subtitles

Then Again they can go Final Fantasy and we see
Assassins Creed IV-2 LOL but i hope not

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 05:28 PM
I really want it to be Connor's daughter, I think it would be awesome to have the main character be a female in a main platform game.

I-Like-Pie45
07-22-2013, 05:29 PM
I really want it to be Connor's daughter, I think it would be awesome to have the main character be a female in a main platform game.

Keep that feminist pandering out of my AC please

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Keep that feminist pandering out of my AC please
they have this feminist thing in Porn. AC is not porn

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Yes, AC 3 is The beginning of The Kenway Trilogy and at the same time, the ending to the Assassins Creed Trilogy (They decided to keep it going)
I see AC 1, AC 2, and AC 3 As a trilogy
ACB and ACR were a 2nd trilogy within the AC trilogy
The Kenway Trilogy will be the 3rd trilogy within the 4th trilogy lol

I'm still hoping for an Assassin's Creed V with Connor's daughter which would expand your Kenway trilogy into a saga.

Shahkulu101
07-22-2013, 05:33 PM
A reboot years from now, I'm thinking a couple of decades, would be pretty cool. We'd have all forgot about it by then, our days scanning the forums behind us and then suddenly you see a commercial for a new AC. The memories will flood back, you'll purchase a PS6 or XBOXFOUR and take yourself back to sweet, sweet nostalgia. And once more, real life will play second fiddle to gaming.

I want this.

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 05:37 PM
In a couple of decades we probably won't have consoles anymore.

Shahkulu101
07-22-2013, 05:37 PM
In a couple of decades we probably won't have consoles anymore.

Really? How so?

ladyleonhart
07-22-2013, 05:38 PM

That's a nice idea, but I still want Connor to be the protagonist. I wouldn't mind in another AC game though. So the one after that would be great! xD And Aveline was great, but a lot of people missed out.

they have this feminist thing in Porn. AC is not porn

What's your problem? You said you liked Aveline before.

STDlyMcStudpants
07-22-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm still hoping for an Assassin's Creed V with Connor's daughter which would expand your Kenway trilogy into a saga.

Right now we have AC III and AC IV Black Flag
What I am hoping is for AC Genesis 2014
Where we play as both Edward and Connor and it is a Revelations type
I know everyone hated ACR, but i loved the story and look, I loved going back and forth between Ezio and Altair

Assassin_M
07-22-2013, 05:40 PM
What's your problem? You said you liked Aveline before.
Aveline`s a female?? :O

Aveline is french, not a female you silly..

STDlyMcStudpants
07-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Really? How so?
I think we will definitely have consoles, but not in the sense as we know them now
In a few years we will move to virtual reality gaming (with console and goggles)
and within a few decades, that virtual reality will turn into the illumiroom where your walls litterally transform as physicists have predicted computer chips in walpaper by 2030 as they will be cheaper to make than actual paper is today..and eventually holligrams haha
Or perhaps instead of ilumiroom the goggles pick up on these chips and we wear Mo Cap type outfits and play shooters with plastic guns haha
But to bring this technolgy, companies will be forced to stop the physical disc, we will have a digital box..no more console

Shahkulu101
07-22-2013, 05:48 PM
I think we will definitely have consoles, but not in the sense as we know them now
In a few years we will move to virtual reality gaming (with console and goggles)
and within a few decades, that virtual reality will either turn into the illumiroom where your walls litterally transform or stay in goggles as physicists have predicted computer chips in walpaper by 2030 as they will be cheaper to ake than actual paper is today..and eventually holligrams haha
But to bring this technolgy, companies will be forced to stop the physical disc, we will have a digital box..no more console

Won't virtual reality gaming require physical capability depending on the game? The unfit will become outcasts in the most ironic gaming scandal ever.

ladyleonhart
07-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Aveline`s a female?? :O

Aveline is french, not a female you silly..

That's like saying: "Ezio's not male. He is just Italian."

So, you are silly :p

STDlyMcStudpants
07-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Won't virtual reality gaming require physical capability depending on the game? The unfit will become outcasts in the most ironic gaming scandal ever.

haha i dont knw, personally i hope they never get rid of physical disc
I think owning something digitally is just a stupid move lol

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Right now we have AC III and AC IV Black Flag
What I am hoping is for AC Genesis 2014
Where we play as both Edward and Connor and it is a Revelations type
I know everyone hated ACR, but i loved the story and look, I loved going back and forth between Ezio and Altair

They already pretty much confirmed Black Flag is the only Edward game.

In one of their tweets they said that with Black Flag and the books we should know everything we need to know about Edward.

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 05:57 PM
sooner they get rid of the physical disc the better. Used games are stupid, and quite frankly I don't care if this infringes on some "consumer rights" idea.

When you buy a game, you are paying to experience someone else's idea. Why should you be able to sell someone else's idea.

I struggle with things like used books and movies as well.

Anyway, I own almost all my games digitally, but I'll probably be buying most of my PS4 games physically because my internet does admittedly suck.

ladyleonhart
07-22-2013, 06:13 PM

I agree with keeping physical discs!! xD I think digital also has a place though.

sooner they get rid of the physical disc the better. Used games are stupid, and quite frankly I don't care if this infringes on some "consumer rights" idea.

When you buy a game, you are paying to experience someone else's idea. Why should you be able to sell someone else's idea.

Anyway, I own almost all my games digitally, but I'll probably be buying most of my PS4 games physically because my internet does admittedly suck.

I understand what you are saying, but I guess it depends on the individual and I never sell my old games. lol, even if I can't play them. Some are collector's editions and I want to keep them! For me, they are memories too. Not forgetting that collector's edition's come with extras. Also, buying the game, even on it's own, feels like you have actually bought something, and I would miss the box. Crazy as that seems! :p That's just me though. :)

Shahkulu101
07-22-2013, 06:14 PM

Well, I like physical discs for mainly aesthetic purposes. I wouldn't mind If they discontinued discs but I enjoy the simple pleasure of owning the case and cover of a game. It's inevitable they will be canceled at one point though.

lothario-da-be
07-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Well, I like physical discs for mainly aesthetic purposes. I wouldn't mind If they discontinued discs but I enjoy the simple pleasure of owning the case and cover of a game. It's inevitable they will be canceled at one point though.
This, i just feel more comfortable when having a case and disc, i also play digitaly bought games less.

x___Luffy___x
07-22-2013, 07:14 PM
i just like having physical copy of the game with me...

every game i own is on a disc and also i dont have a very good internet , so even if i have to reinstall any game i dont have to worry about downloading it first for long hours..

Locopells
07-22-2013, 07:43 PM
This, i just feel more comfortable when having a case and disc, i also play digitaly bought games less.

Me to, to the first part. Makes me feel like I actually OWN the game, rather then just renting it...

Bashilir
07-22-2013, 08:57 PM

So the fat gamer stereotype will be gone.

I personally would love The Last of Us as a physical capabillity game. The melee in that game responding to EXACTLY what you do would be amazing.

(As in, whatever melee moves you so, is ACTUALLY what he does), not a scripted move that the character does.

I've also thought of what a Multiplayer game would be like if it was like that. How the hell would that work?

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Me to, to the first part. Makes me feel like I actually OWN the game, rather then just renting it...
Own it how? Owning a disc that contains a copy of the game?

When I buy a game, I buy a contract that says I have the right to experience the idea of it's creators. They own the game, I do not.

I really don't care at all if I get a game physically or digitally, it's just that one takes up physical space and if the disc breaks, I can't play the game anymore. Which is stupid because I already bought the contract that says I'm rightfully allowed to play a copy of the game.

This is why CD keys make sense to me. -_-

Although, I should probably calm down about this because people don't see a big difference between idea ownership and object ownership yet.

lothario-da-be
07-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Own it how? Owning a disc that contains a copy of the game?

When I buy a game, I buy a contract that says I have the right to experience the idea of it's creators. They own the game, I do not.

I really don't care at all if I get a game physically or digitally, it's just that one takes up physical space and if the disc breaks, I can't play the game anymore. Which is stupid because I already bought the contract that says I'm rightfully allowed to play a copy of the game.

This is why CD keys make sense to me. -_-

Although, I should probably calm down about this because people don't see a big difference between idea ownership and object ownership yet.
And what if lets say Steam becomes bankruptcy , what happens with all my digital games then?

Jexx21
07-22-2013, 10:35 PM
They release an update for steam that removes the DRM and let's you play the games you bought without using the steam program?

Or they remove the online part of it, and give you a large warning that the servers will shut down so you can download all of your games. Although the multiplayer games that ran on steam servers would fall apart.

As for Steam going out of business... I doubt it. They would more than likely be bought out, and the holder of your contracts would transfer.

Although that is always a factor, the possibility that your contracts to the right to play games could dissolve.