PDA

View Full Version : Hardest mission in all Saga

HUEHUEBRBRBR
07-19-2013, 12:49 PM
What's the hardest mission in all AC games in your opinion? Don't need to remember the name, just describe it.
To me the hardest mission is the penultimate of ACR, where in a parachute, you need to defend Sophia from mounted shooters, while she follow Suliman's brother.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120113192640/assassinscreed/images/9/9e/End_road_11.png

Elebro2011
07-19-2013, 02:08 PM
AC2 with leonardo's flying machine

Ureh
07-19-2013, 02:09 PM
I would say Visitazione's Secret in AC2, I didn't read the hint or the instruction manual so I didn't know how to do the side wall jump. So I had to sit there for 15 mins, experimenting with the controller, to find out how to make the jumps.

SixKeys
07-19-2013, 04:05 PM
"Boston's Most Wanted" in AC3, where young Connor is notorious and has to rip down posters. No matter how stealthy you are, you will always end up with 15 guards on your *** chasing you for 10 minutes straight. Worst. Mission. Ever.

Black_Widow9
07-20-2013, 09:01 AM
The first one that comes to mind right now is AC3's Battle of Bunker Hill mainly the 100% sync. I still cannot for the life of me "Cross the Battlefield without being detected". Leonardo's flying machine was probably the most difficult actual Mission for me.

hlchade
07-20-2013, 01:19 PM
As I'm replaying Brotherhood, I'd have to go with 100% synching the War Machines one involving the flying machine ... although I would blame it on having to replay it over and over to figure which setting(s) are glitching it out for me, as half the time the flyer gets no forward push to begin with, thus I'm stuck next to the guard tower where I promptly get hit with an arrow, or I get the push but I'm not able to steer so I get stuck in a loop flying through the far desynch wall. I think I finally fixed it, but every time I changed a setting I had replay that mission up to that point just to test it to see if it would work ... so I've been taking a little break from that.

Excluding glitchiness, the one I've spent the most time with relative to how quickly you should probably be able to do it is optional objective, "Tackle from above". To begin with, I didn't know you could tackle from above, but once I figured it out I had issues with the loose lock on switching from my target to a nearby guard. Fun times. Of course, replaying Brotherhood, I've managed to accidentally tackle civilians from atop buildings no less than a dozen times, at least.

Jureck0
07-20-2013, 07:05 PM
For me- ACBrotherhood-WarMachines-TANK 100% synch.

HUEHUEBRBRBR
07-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Leonardo and his machines are annoying :p

Ureh
07-20-2013, 10:38 PM
The first one that comes to mind right now is AC3's Battle of Bunker Hill mainly the 100% sync. I still cannot for the life of me "Cross the Battlefield without being detected". Leonardo's flying machine was probably the most difficult actual Mission for me.

You mean cross the battle without taking damage? You need to wait for the British to fire a big volley, then run behind the rocks. Rinse and repeat until you reach the other side.

Black_Widow9
07-20-2013, 11:42 PM
You mean cross the battle without taking damage? You need to wait for the British to fire a big volley, then run behind the rocks. Rinse and repeat until you reach the other side.
Yeah. I've tried so many times it is ridiculous. I make it to the bottom rock and then when I make the last run for it, I'm finished. Over and over. :/

Ureh
07-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Ah...

That gives me an idea I'll try out next time: get the horse onto the battlefield, dismount, make it to the last rock, and then try to summon the horse. The horse might just give that extra bit of speed to close the gap.

SixKeys
07-21-2013, 02:58 AM
The easiest way to do the Bunker Hill mission is to watch the sparks/pebbles flying off the rocks when the troops fire. As soon as you see the bullets hit the rock, make a dash for the next one. That was a tip I got from a YouTube video and it helped me get 100%.

Arnutis16
07-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Leonardo's flying machine 2.0 in ACB with 100 synch.

Locopells
07-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Gotta go with ACB's Tank mission 100% sync. Not so bad since I worked out how to manipulate the savegame files so I don't have to keep redoing the first part...

Boston's Most Wanted has never been a problem for me. Weird that.

HUEHUEBRBRBR
07-21-2013, 01:42 PM
My problem in Bunker Hill mission isn't cross the battlefield, but kill the general. i always be detected and always use the pistol to fire in powder barrels and kill everybody(including me), but anyway it's funny.

blacklimoband
07-21-2013, 02:45 PM
My problem in Bunker Hill mission isn't cross the battlefield, but kill the general. i always be detected and always use the pistol to fire in powder barrels and kill everybody(including me), but anyway it's funny.

Funnily enough, this one was a doddle for me... and I struggled with others that are "easy" missions... go figure

Anyway, my top 3 in no particular order of hatred:

AC3 - The one where you have to rescue the Native American slaves, in particular the part where you have to get to the mission target without getting hit by firing-line damage...

AC3 - The mission where you have to eavesdrop on Wahsington and the other guy, the optional "Do not kill anyone" for 100% sync, after I found out you can choke someone out and it doesn't count as killing them this was easy... should have had some kind of in-game tip to tell us this :/

ACB - Flying machine 2.0 - this is incredibly painful trying to complete let alone 100%... I don't know if it's my PC being glitchy or what, but the darn thing is so unpredictable... and then the controls stopped responding altogether on the flying machine... nose dive straight into the ground. To the mental giant sadist that invented the idea of full sync, I hate you... I really hate you...

Anykeyer
07-22-2013, 06:48 AM
For 100% sync - ACB tank mission. On first playthrough I restarted this 10+ times...
Just for completion - AC1 Rober de Sable "fair duel"

HUEHUEBRBRBR
07-22-2013, 12:52 PM
In Robert de Sable duel , in first play i think have to fight against Richard after :P

Ureh
07-22-2013, 02:49 PM
"Boston's Most Wanted" in AC3, where young Connor is notorious and has to rip down posters. No matter how stealthy you are, you will always end up with 15 guards on your *** chasing you for 10 minutes straight. Worst. Mission. Ever.

As soon as the cutscene ends, run across the rooftops towards the direction that Connor is facing (north iirc). After cross 2-3 houses there should be a haystack on the right. Leap of faith, chase ends before it even began.

I think if you can clear the two ships, undetected, outside Charlestown then you should have no problem reaching Pitcairn undetected. Just use stalking zones, hide behind tents, utilise tools if you need them, be patient and observe guard patrols, don't move out until you're sure no one can spot you.

Ferrith
07-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Just for completion - AC1 Rober de Sable "fair duel"

Don't remind me! >< I have no idea how many times poor Altair had to die before completing that mission; and in AC II it was Visitazione's Secret tomb - I spent literally 40 minutes in there! Bloody column and side jump!