PDA

View Full Version : Missing many chests

Bothain
07-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Just started the game and finished the first mission and began exploring, found a chest near a well and some supplies out in the open, southern area 1 of 4, after a solid hour of exploration I found another at a very southern fort. Not wanting to spend another hour I checked online for a chest guide. I went to the remaining two locations and the chests simply are not there, per youtube vids also, exact locations. I decided to check on a few others and indeed many are missing.

Do these chests only spawn at certain quests lines because of what they have in them? Spent another hour looking for the other two southern chests and they are not there.

One example was a chest behind a guard dog on the guides and video, I go to that spot and the dog is there but not the chest.

Elebro2011
07-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Buy a map.

hlchade
07-20-2013, 01:01 PM
I think only a few chests appear around town when you're playing as Haytham at the beginning of the game, I tend to run around and explore/collect things as early as possible and I vaguely remember not finding certain chests (for instance, your example of the one guarded by the dog) early on in my second play through. Normally I'd double check but I don't think the opening cut scene is skip-able and I've had to sit through it quite a number of times already. :)

Anykeyer
07-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Haytham does not have access to all collectibles even in Boston. You can only collect about 4 chests and 1 almanac (4 pages). All of this can be done later with Connor who also can buy maps. But you will miss one dialog between Haytham and Franklin if you save first almanac for Connor, not a big deal but still worth pointing at I guess.
Also a very special chest appears in Boston's Green Dragon tavern's 2nd floor when you start playing as Connor. It contains all money you had as Haytham.