PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag stealth gameplay

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 06:42 AM
Not sure if this has been posted already but some stealth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfFbmmsBfbU (http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xg0nyx/assassin-s-creed-iv--black-flag-sdcc-2013--interview-with-a-swashbuckler)

Interview with Darby:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/xg0nyx/assassin-s-creed-iv--black-flag-sdcc-2013--interview-with-a-swashbuckler

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 06:44 AM
1 minute of gameplay, 7 minutes of people talking...

calls it gameplay....legit

xryanx28
07-19-2013, 06:49 AM
A weapon wheel that doesnt pause the game. looks good. FINALLY

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 06:53 AM
1 minute of gameplay, 7 minutes of people talking...

calls it gameplay....legit
"some"

The 7 minutes are the usual regurgitated info. The gameplay was the highlight.

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 06:58 AM
"some"

The 7 minutes are the usual regurgitated info. The gameplay was the highlight.
Keep telling yourself that....your guilt will chase you and it`ll tear you up...you`ll be a shadow of the man you were.....a shadow

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 07:00 AM
Keep telling yourself that....your guilt will chase you and it`ll tear you up...you`ll be a shadow of the man you were.....a shadow
Experience is talking.

generallsj
07-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Glad to see classical weapon wheel.

Elebro2011
07-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Now, you all know that there is stealth.

TheDanteEX
07-19-2013, 09:54 AM
I really like that there's an alarm system. Will definitely encourage stealth if too many enemies is actually a problem in this game. Plantations look like tons of fun. I'm really starting to see the Far Cry 3 influence and it's looking pretty sweet.

Edit: I'm also excited that the weapon-selection is real time.

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Just looked like AC to me.

What I want is 720p or 1080p videos. Seeing stuff in crap quality just makes me MEH everywhere

prince162010
07-19-2013, 11:26 AM
So the demo have been streamed already

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 11:52 AM
So the demo have been streamed already

Dont think so, stop jumping the gun.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Just looked like AC to me.

What I want is 720p or 1080p videos. Seeing stuff in crap quality just makes me MEH everywhere

That was just the quality of the video...?? ... Thank God.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 11:58 AM
That was just the quality of the video...?? ... Thank God.
Yeah, the video is **** quality...but that's because it's not officially released.

prince162010
07-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Dont think so, stop jumping the gun.

well,what about this short demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfFbmmsBfbU&feature=c4-overview&list=UU1hQMDEO2LsqetOSaXhSe0A

is that already streamed ??

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 12:04 PM

This was exclusive coverage by gametrailers as far as I know.

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Pretty much shows AC3 was unpolished and beta due to all the advancements and changes they had to make. It's as if the AC3 wheel was never there.

ladyleonhart
07-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, the video is **** quality...but that's because it's not officially released.

Thanks. I was worried they are trying something new. It's really because recently at the E3 conference they showed footage of FFXV, which is to be released on PS4. I've been waiting for it since 2007 and at that time it was going to be FF Versus XIII on PS3. Then when I saw the gameplay footage, I was disappointed and I expected it to be so much better. I suppose then it could've been the video quality. I really hope so, but... it was an official video ^^' Hmm... I guess they could be still working on it too, and they did release FFXIII since then (2010).

Anyway, it seems that every video games company works on multiple projects at once. Makes you wonder what they could achieve if they worked on one at a time. :p

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 12:12 PM

Sometimes Ubi brings little clips of footage so interviewers can have it playing on a screen behind them

Edit, they have also made the leap of faith transition way smoother too, just something I noticed. It looks nice.

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 12:44 PM
That gameplay looks realy nice, better then e3 demo.

prince162010
07-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Even this one looks freaking awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62VlCG6XYc

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Even this one looks freaking awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62VlCG6XYc
This was released a long time ago, around 2 weeks ago i think.

Sushiglutton
07-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Looks good. Can now whistle from stalking zone, darts to manipulate guards in various ways. I loled at the alarm bell. The 18th century version of the alarms in FarCry 3 :D! Inventory looks better, still hope we can quickfire some of the gadgets in combat.

Edit: Just noticed you can now see which way the enemies are turning on the mini-map.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Woah, a brand new real-time weapon wheel. Last time we had a real-time weapon wheel was in AC1, and that's only because there were only four weapons.

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Woah, a brand new real-time weapon wheel. Last time we had a real-time weapon wheel was in AC1, and that's only because there were only four weapons.

This weapon wheel reminds me of a game but i cant remember which one!

OH YEAH. It reminds me of batman! Just realised.

ACfan443
07-19-2013, 06:06 PM
'Disable alarms'?
This game is trying way too hard to be Far Cry 3. I hope we get to see the full demo though.

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 06:27 PM
The game is trying too hard to be Far Cry 3? Well, it is made by some of the same guys who made Far Cry 3.

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 06:28 PM
'Disable alarms'?
This game is trying way too hard to be Far Cry 3. I hope we get to see the full demo though.
And is that a bad thing?

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 06:44 PM
And is that a bad thing?

Seems a bit unnecessary but I will wait til I get my hands on it. I guess it encourages stealth. Thing is, it depends how hard the backup is. If its like 5 more guys then YOLO whats the point. IF its like 12 guys with 5 of them being the hardest archetypes then yes, it has a point.

ACfan443
07-19-2013, 07:18 PM
The game is trying too hard to be Far Cry 3? Well, it is made by some of the same guys who made Far Cry 3.

That's the thing, they've taken FC3's developers, composer, jungle, gameplay mechanics and some side content, in a bid to try and replicate its success. I won't even say 'inspired' because that plantation is a blatant rip off of the outposts. - running out of ideas perhaps?

And is that a bad thing?

To some extent, it seems a little lazy that after smelling FC3's success they thought "hey, people like this better than our AC - I know, let's nab a few of its developers and try to make it look a bit like Far Cry!"

I am however extremely happy about the stealth encouragement.

Soulid_Snake
07-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Guys, are we gonna see a Havana gameplay? I'm really looking forward to the freeroam!

BTW, that water looks amazing!

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Which gameplay mechanics?

Also, chances are that the FC3 devs started work on Black Flag before FC3 was released to great acclaim.

Sushiglutton
07-19-2013, 07:26 PM
That's the thing, they've taken FC3's developers, composer, jungle, gameplay mechanics and some side content, in a bid to try and replicate its success. I won't even say 'inspired' because that plantation is a blatant rip off of the outposts. - running out of ideas perhaps?

To some extent, it seems a little lazy that after smelling FC3's success they thought "hey, people like this better than our AC - I know, let's nab a few of its developers and try to make it look a bit like Far Cry!"

I am however extremely happy about the stealth encouragement.

I see what you mean (even though AC4 was surely to have jungles long before FC3 was a success), but I think it's ok for a couple of reasons. First AC is very different from FC3 as it's a melee focused third person game. The more advanced parkour system makes the gameplay vertical and you can't dodge behind cover. AC4's focus on naval will give the game a very different flavour.

Since AC3 struggled a lot in terms of compelling stealth gameplay I think it's ok that they borrow from other franchises a bit to get it back on track. This alarm thing is really minor when one think about it. I dunno, I think the devs deserve some slack, because this looks fine to me (even though I need to see a lot more to evaluate the AI).

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 07:29 PM
sushi, i want some sushi...

but I have no money to buy sushi..

Soulid_Snake
07-19-2013, 07:31 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Sushi, are they gonna show a Havana demo?!

Sushiglutton
07-19-2013, 07:37 PM

You need tank sushi:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18s7io7fiak5mjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 07:41 PM
That looks amazing! I want it now! :(

ACfan443
07-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Which gameplay mechanics?

A few I can think of off the top of my head are the dealing with the gunners (is that what the devs called them?), they sound very much like the big armoured brutes in FC who could kill you in one or two hits, and required stealth and careful approach to kill. Another one being in this particular demo, the system of alarm and calling in back up - you can play in stealth but if an alarm is triggered, you have to either run away or go Rambo style.

I see what you mean (even though AC4 was surely to have jungles long before FC3 was a success), but I think it's ok for a couple of reasons. First AC is very different from FC3 as it's a melee focused third person game. The more advanced parkour system makes the gameplay vertical and you can't dodge behind cover. AC4's focus on naval will give the game a very different flavour.

Since AC3 struggled a lot in terms of compelling stealth gameplay I think it's ok that they borrow from other franchises a bit to get it back on track. This alarm thing is really minor when one think about it. I dunno, I think the devs deserve some slack, because this looks fine to me (even though I need to see a lot more to evaluate the AI).

I don't mean to undermine the work of the devs, they really have put a lot of work and effort into it, the naval exploration demo is evident of that. And I wasn't suggesting that they're entirely copying Far Cry, the main focus of the game is a stark contrast to FC - they seem to be taking the most well received components and integrating those into AC. And that's not too bad considering those components are much better than anything in AC3, but it just seems lazy, especially when they advertise it as if it's something brand new (plantations have been hyped quite a bit in the past few months) I'd prefer it if they conceptualise something entirely new and innovative. But then again, it's somewhat understandable considering the time constraints they're under.

Wolfmeister1010
07-19-2013, 09:01 PM
It looks so unrealistic for him to just walk around without crouching, and if they don't giveus some sort of option to lower or drag bodies after assassinating then there are gonna be tons of bodies falling off rooftops and making us get detected, just like ****ing always. The plantation looks good, but I am not impressed with stealth at all. I guess I will have to wait for the full footage

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Sushi, are they gonna show a Havana demo?!

no

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
It looks so unrealistic for him to just walk around without crouching, and if they don't giveus some sort of option to lower or drag bodies after assassinating then there are gonna be tons of bodies falling off rooftops and making us get detected, just like ****ing always. The plantation looks good, but I am not impressed with stealth at all. I guess I will have to wait for the full footage

In real life, people don't crouch when they don't want to get caught. Why? Because it's easier to be noticed that way.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 09:23 PM
In real life, people don't crouch when they don't want to get caught. Why? Because it's easier to be noticed that way.
http://i.minus.com/i1FnK6OLKimWw.jpg

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Unless your crouching behind an object. But crouching out in the open?

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Unless your crouching behind an object. But crouching out in the open?
But its realy annoying when you are behind a wall that is just not high enough and you get desynched, a crouch button would solve this, but NPC's should react to that to make it realistic for social stealth.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Unfortunate that the vid's such crap quality, but it does look like stealth will be viable this time :) I like that you can sabotage the alarm bell; maybe this is a hint that guards won't magically sense you until they've been alerted?

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Ash already confirmed that the magical guard senses are gone.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2013, 10:16 PM

Having it confirmed and seeing it personally are two different things...

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 10:17 PM

Oh God yes! YES!

Soulid_Snake
07-19-2013, 11:02 PM
no

Thanks for the reply, dude. :), next time let me down softly.

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 11:07 PM

But I liked that! D: It made stealth tough!

JOLLY SLOW PREY TODAY!

Jexx21
07-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Oh god, I hate how they said that. I'm outrunning you ya buffons.

Ureh
07-19-2013, 11:44 PM
But I liked that! D: It made stealth tough!

JOLLY SLOW PREY TODAY!

Yeah it wasn't really a problem in AC3. But in ACR, those guard booths were definitely clairvoyant, they could sense you through entire buildings and walls.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Oh god, I hate how they said that. I'm outrunning you ya buffons.
Git daun nao.

I'm ova heer lad.

Sigv4rd
07-20-2013, 07:05 AM
I miss "Infidel Die!"

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2013, 08:00 AM
i miss "infidel die!"
geber kafir

salman147
07-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Where is the new demo!!!!!!!????????????

ProletariatPleb
07-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Somewhere. It will come 'soon'

Assassin_M
07-20-2013, 08:34 AM
You know, that question is rather pointless -_-

You think someone will reply to you with a specific time?? who? a mod? one of us? maybe the mods know, but OBVIOUSLY they`re not going to say and the rest of us are just as in the dark as you are...you probably know all this, yet you still post this question -_-

pointless..like I said

SamBushen24
07-20-2013, 09:42 AM
I agree with you all in saying how you want more stealth and how in AC3 you didn't need stealth at all really. However at the same time, I like being the ultimate badass and being able to take on loads of enemies. Since brotherhood I've literally been like yeh keep throwing them enemies at me. I love the satisfaction of there being loads of dead enemies on the floor around me!! I hope in this one you get a choice, of whether to be stealthy or barbaric like Connor was. Yes I can agree with saying it was too easy to kill to enemies in AC3, but I hope they keep the counter and fighting style from AC3 instead of what it was like in AC2 where it was very slow. They should just make enemies that little bit harder where more of them will try to attack at the same time. But, if you choose to play in Stealth, then that is fully optional.

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Anyone that asks where the demo is from now on gets a virtual slap in the face

ladyleonhart
07-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Anyone that asks where the demo is from now on gets a virtual slap in the face

Where is it? Where is it?? WHERE is the demo Pacman???? ;)

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Where is it? Where is it?? WHERE is the demo Pacman???? ;)

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/templates/14288.jpg

ladyleonhart
07-20-2013, 11:01 AM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/templates/14288.jpg

Hey, that looks a lot like Jackie Chan!! :D

Shahkulu101
07-20-2013, 07:37 PM
As you can tell from the gameplay it's clearly a pirate ship simulator.

Wolfmeister1010
07-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Is there anything anyone can say to comfort me about there not being crouching? Like, someone please tell me why crouching would be a bad idea so I feel better:/

pacmanate
07-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Is there anything anyone can say to comfort me about there not being crouching? Like, someone please tell me why crouching would be a bad idea so I feel better:/

There is crouching? Isn't there? Did they take it out?

Ureh
07-20-2013, 11:22 PM

You can use the surfing stance as a substitute for crouch. Similar functions but you'll look way more awesome. :)

SixKeys
07-21-2013, 12:10 AM
You can use the surfing stance as a substitute for crouch. Similar functions but you'll look way more awesome. :)

Wasn't the "surfing stance" removed in AC3? I think Connor's high-profile stance is more subtle than Ezio's.

Ureh
07-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Nope, it's still there (used to hide behind a chimney from a guard). I just checked yesterday. :P

But, maybe it's not there today. I better check again.

TheDanteEX
07-21-2013, 12:56 AM
The "surfer" crouch is there, the problem with it is that the A/X button has been made to climb now. So if you're too close to whatever you're crouching behind, you'll risk detection. Also, I don't think Connor's high profile stance is subtle when he does that little booty shake.

Bashilir
07-21-2013, 02:04 AM
The "surfer" crouch is there, the problem with it is that the A/X button has been made to climb now. So if you're too close to whatever you're crouching behind, you'll risk detection. Also, I don't think Connor's high profile stance is subtle when he does that little booty shake.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4815470592/hD8CEFB31/

Ureh
07-21-2013, 03:03 AM

It's pretty easy to reduce that risk to almost nothing (although the game rarely has situations needing us to crouch). Just release the high profile button first before exiting the surf mode. While surfing don't move the stick.

Crouching is a luxury that isn't needed yet, not unless they build the world around that feature.

Gi1t
07-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Thanks. I was worried they are trying something new. It's really because recently at the E3 conference they showed footage of FFXV, which is to be released on PS4. I've been waiting for it since 2007 and at that time it was going to be FF Versus XIII on PS3. Then when I saw the gameplay footage, I was disappointed and I expected it to be so much better. I suppose then it could've been the video quality. I really hope so, but... it was an official video ^^' Hmm... I guess they could be still working on it too, and they did release FFXIII since then (2010).

Anyway, it seems that every video games company works on multiple projects at once. Makes you wonder what they could achieve if they worked on one at a time. :p

No matter how good the graphics, the display is always limited by the format the video is currently being played in, so it's very rare to find videos that show you the full detail you'll see when you get it yourself, especially if the game wasn't being run at its full capacity to begin with, due to not being finished or something. :)

Oh, and the video looked fine, but I'd have liked to see them do more with it. It looked like they were just hanging around the fringes. I'd like to see more of them really getting in there and accomplishing their objectives using those tactics since that's where the rubber meets the road with stealth working in the mission design.

TheDanteEX
07-21-2013, 04:58 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4815470592/hD8CEFB31/

Do she got a booty?

SHE DOOOO.

It's pretty easy to reduce that risk to almost nothing (although the game rarely has situations needing us to crouch). Just release the high profile button first before exiting the surf mode. While surfing don't move the stick.

No, no. If you press A/X at all when in front of something, Connor will climb it whether you're in high profile or not. So the make-shift crouching has become somewhat ruined.