PDA

View Full Version : Live twitter Q&A @Assassinscreed [May contain SPOILERS]

xryanx28
07-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Make sure to click ALL tweets so you can see darbys answers! https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/with_replies

silvermercy
07-18-2013, 11:43 PM
So many! I wish someone was patient enough to make us a nice list! :)

All I remember is we are going to drink some rum because "the story demands it"! My life is complete! ;p

Reyemla
07-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Adewale: "A former slave from Trinidad, then a buccaneer, now the Jackdaw's quartermaster".

--

"No medicine in this one... so Edward heals through the power of positive thinking, but only when out of conflict".

--

"Yes. A single button press gets them singing. There are dozens of shanties, and many folk songs in taverns too. 70 in all".

--

Q: "Will there be any side-missions outside the Caribbean sea?".

A (Darby): "A few, yes".

--

Q: "Any horses?".

A: "Neigh! (No)".

--

"We have cool puzzles in the present to solve, which will unlock about 90 minutes of extra content. Videos, audio files, docs, etc".

--

The most essential info I found.

Kaschra
07-19-2013, 12:53 AM
This was really informative :)

"Will there be any mandatory modern missions like in AC3?"
"Yes, the main story takes us into the present day a handful of times."

So that thing about completely optional modern story was ********.
Good.

"will we be seeing William Miles, Shaun Hastings and Rebecca Crane again?"
"A few of them yes...."

YAY!

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 01:00 AM
So that thing about completely optional modern story was ********.
I don't remember anybody saying they are completely optional...

TheBearJew32
07-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Q- Who trained Edward?

A- that's a big secret...it's complicated

hmm

Q- will there be a cliffhanger?

A- AC4 will have a satisfying ending. Yes, expect a small cliffha-

Wolfmeister1010
07-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Q- Who trained Edward?

A- that's a big secret...it's complicated

hmm

Lol

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Hahahaha. I think we can all agree that AC4s team is the coolest AC dev team thus far. They're awesome in every way. You go guys!

Shade_MG
07-19-2013, 01:20 AM
I love how they seem to be communicating with the fans more than previously games.

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 01:21 AM
Q- Who trained Edward?

lol
I wonder if the cliffhanger will be on the modern or historical part... I'll take a random guess and say historical.

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 01:27 AM
lol
I wonder if the cliffhanger will be on the modern or historical part... I'll take a random guess and say historical.
I`m leaning more on modern

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 01:31 AM
I`m leaning more on modern
Yeah. I think they will be connected anyway... Say, Edward finds/does something important and the Abstergo employee sees that.

Right now the only cliffhanger I can think of is the employee switching sides and making a run for it. lol

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 01:45 AM
Q: Is there going to be an armour system like in AC2 and ACB?
Darby: No individual pieces of armour, but loads of different outfits with various gameplay functions and tweaks.

Best damn news I heard. Not only is there no armour, but costumes have gamepay functions (dark costumes for sneakier night stealth I hope). Um happy.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Darby: No individual pieces of armour, but loads of different outfits with various gameplay functions and tweaks.

Best damn news I heard. Not only is there no armour, but costumes have gamepaly functions (dark costumes for sneakier night stealth I hope). Um happy.
Now now, let's not get carried away and imagine such possibilities about stealthier night suit...

SixKeys
07-19-2013, 02:00 AM
The outfits having gameplay functions sounds exciting. Please let there be some kind of disguise system, even an imperfect one like in ACR.

Wolfmeister1010
07-19-2013, 02:09 AM
I assume they will be like the outfits in RDR. For example, one outfit may make you reload your guns faster, or a certain outfit might make you run slightly faster. Hmmmmmm what else..... One that could.....protect more against bullets, or protect more against bladed weapons, and more.

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 02:13 AM
I assume they will be like the outfits in RDR. For example, one outfit may make you reload your guns faster, or a certain outfit might make you run slightly faster. Hmmmmmm what else..... One that could.....protect more against bullets, or protect more against bladed weapons, and more.

Probably this, but a man can have dreams of a stealthy night suit and a disguise/noble outfit that slows down guard detection. You're probably right, Wolf. While what you said is the closest to reality, it's bot much exciting I have to say. Who knows!

Wolfmeister1010
07-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Probably this, but a man can have dreams of a stealthy night suit and a disguise/noble outfit that slows down guard detection. You're probably right, Wolf. While what you said is the closest to reality, it's bot much exciting I have to say. Who knows!

Hey we can dream!! I actually believe that one of the outfits will slow down detection. Not sure about night suit though. Just know that there can't be any outfits that are too overpowered.

salman147
07-19-2013, 04:29 AM

All I remember is we are going to drink some rum because "the story demands it"! My life is complete! ;p

YOU WANT THE LIST???? WELL HERE'S IT:
1)The single player will be 15-20 hours long.
2)There will be loads of content for fans on modern day missions.
3)No individual pieces of armor,but loads of various outfits with gameplay functions and tweaks.
4)Is Edward(Ed) a troubld man?
Ans:He's his worst enemy.
5)No rum drinking or obscenity.
6)There will be NEW PIECES OF EDEN that players will be introduced to.
7)Abstergo is still collecting pieces of Eden.
8)There are enemy SNIPERS now and it's more difficult to play that b4.Even the devs died a few times trying those sections.
9)Edward won't recruit assassins but pirates.
10)Vidic wasn't the head of Abstergo.It was someone else.
11)NO HORSES.
12)Edward won't use MEDICINES.He'll heal automatically after battle only.
13)The main story takes us into the present day a handful of times.
14)There will few be missions outside of the Caribbean sea.
15)The blow pipe has two type of poisons:Berserk and Sleep darts.
16)There's 1st person with puzzle solving,a few of which r in the main path with hours of extra content for fans.
19)U can make your crew sing with the press of a single button.70 different songs.
20)WHEN EDWARD COMES BARRELING TOWARDS U YOU JUMP OUT OF THE WAY.

salman147
07-19-2013, 04:30 AM

YOU WANT THE LIST???? WELL HERE'S IT:
1)The single player will be 15-20 hours long.
2)There will be loads of content for fans on modern day missions.
3)No individual pieces of armor,but loads of various outfits with gameplay functions and tweaks.
4)Is Edward(Ed) a troubled man?
Ans:He's his worst enemy.
5)No rum drinking or obscenity.
8)There are enemy SNIPERS now and it's more difficult to play that b4.Even the devs died a few times trying those sections.
9)Edward won't recruit assassins but pirates.
10)Vidic wasn't the head of Abstergo.It was someone else.
11)NO HORSES.
12)Edward won't use MEDICINES.He'll heal automatically after battle only.
13)The main story takes us into the present day a handful of times.
14)There will few be missions outside of the Caribbean sea.
15)The blow pipe has two type of poisons:Berserk and Sleep darts.
16)There's 1st person with puzzle solving,a few of which r in the main path with hours of extra content for fans.
19)U can make your crew sing with the press of a single button.70 different songs.
20)WHEN EDWARD COMES BARRELING TOWARDS U YOU JUMP OUT OF THE WAY.

Megas_Doux
07-19-2013, 06:21 AM
GOOD job bro!

NICE!!!!!!

I was getting tired of the apples!

Also, it would be cool if we encounter TWCB beings other than the etruscan/greek/roman ones

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 06:37 AM
GOOD job bro!

NICE!!!!!!

Also, it would be cool if we encounter TWCB beings other than the etruscan/greek/roman ones
You mean other than the first 3?

Emo, Roger Bannon and stick up her ***??

Ureh
07-19-2013, 07:30 AM
8. Will snipers be commonplace or only in specific missions? Rooftops are an Assassin's best friend, hopefully the snipers aren't too bothersome that it might be safer (and less annoying) to just stay on the ground. I don't find it troubling but this seems like something newer or less experienced players will find tedious and complain about.
10. Where did the idea come from that Vidic was the leader of the Templars? AC1 made it clear he was just a subordinate.
19. 70 songs?!

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Snipers? I thought they said it was called Gunner class and only was there in Plantations.

NondairyGold
07-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Q- Who trained Edward?

A- that's a big secret...it's complicated-

How is this a secret!!! I was under the understanding that this was out there already????

It was revealed on the watch. He's some Mayan Dude, and Adawale is involved somehow!

salman147
07-19-2013, 09:12 AM
How is this a secret!!! I was under the understanding that this was out there already????

It was revealed on the watch. He's some Mayan Dude, and Adawale is involved somehow!

I think Edward was trained by himself.He's a pirate and before that,a privateer.Remember?
Privateers are already adept in sword fighting,ship handling,running,jumping etc.Then also,Edward will be better at those due to his heritage from Ezio's bloodline.
I think Ed's mentor will be....(spoilers).....Ben Hornigold.
And this mentor is also an...um...antagonist in the end as he goes anti pirate later on.

salman147
07-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Snipers? I thought they said it was called Gunner class and only was there in Plantations.

Snipers r gunners who work as snipers.Snipers are those who shoot from hiding places or vantage points.
So fixing gunners on rooftops or tree tops or among dense bushes will make them snipers.

salman147
07-19-2013, 09:18 AM
8. Will snipers be commonplace or only in specific missions? Rooftops are an Assassin's best friend, hopefully the snipers aren't too bothersome that it might be safer (and less annoying) to just stay on the ground. I don't find it troubling but this seems like something newer or less experienced players will find tedious and complain about.
10. Where did the idea come from that Vidic was the leader of the Templars? AC1 made it clear he was just a subordinate.
19. 70 songs?!

Ans to 9)Snipers will be in and out of missions.They're simply gunners fixed at vantage points and tasked to take out suspicious people.
Ans to 10)Some fans were thinking Vidic to be the Abstergo leader.I donno why.
Ans to 11)Yeah,70 different traditional pirate songs including that familiar ''Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum....''(Wondering why it's to b manually triggered)

x___Luffy___x
07-19-2013, 10:43 AM

Best damn news I heard. Not only is there no armour, but costumes have gamepay functions (dark costumes for sneakier night stealth I hope). Um happy.

really happy that there is no armor but outfits . this is awesome.

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Now now, let's not get carried away and imagine such possibilities about stealthier night suit...

Its probably invisible anyway.

Darby also said we will see new pieces of eden.

Edit: God damn it someone already said it. Oh well, I am saying it again.

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 11:07 AM
I wish someone had asked about upgrading Edward's tattoos (every time you kill some important captain for example)! lol
That's be awesome!

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 11:48 AM
I wish someone had asked about upgrading Edward's tattoos (every time you kill some important captain for example)! lol
That's be awesome!

We dont know if topless is scripted for sea hunting. If it is, there is no point in upgrading tats.

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 12:02 PM
GOOD job bro!

NICE!!!!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UQNILpdDQnA/UQ2uvDxeBkI/AAAAAAAAB_4/0Fd-VgrbJog/s400/Haytham+Kenway+Facepalm+Connor+AC3.jpg

This is getting out of control. The Templars ALREADY have a huge advantage! Desmond is dead and now THIS?!?!?! Come on Ubisoft! Let the Assassins get SOMETHING for their efforts!

I think Edward was trained by himself.He's a pirate and before that,a privateer.Remember?
Privateers are already adept in sword fighting,ship handling,running,jumping etc.Then also,Edward will be better at those due to his heritage from Ezio's bloodline.
I think Ed's mentor will be....(spoilers).....Ben Hornigold.
And this mentor is also an...um...antagonist in the end as he goes anti pirate later on.

When was it revealed that he's from Ezio's bloodline?

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 12:05 PM
When was it revealed that he's from Ezio's bloodline?
all charismatic playboys are from the same bloodline

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 12:06 PM
all charismatic playboys are from the same bloodline
M is from Ezio's bloodline then.

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Please give me serious answers? -_-

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Please give me serious answers? -_-
Well, use your brain...when we`re all joking, then there exists no serious answer:p

It was never mentioned that Edward descends from Ezio`s bloodline..

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Well, use your brain...when we`re all joking, then there exists no serious answer:p

Yes it was

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 12:22 PM

That guy's post sounded too good to be true. :P

I was getting read to say... WHERE WAS THIS NEWS?!?!?! :O

I know this is off-topic but... why with AC3 they scrapped the Animus Void Rooms for the boxart? They showed Connor killing in the snow and now Edward posing in a ship combat.

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Yes it was
OK

YRTEP
07-19-2013, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the spoiler. :rolleyes:

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 12:42 PM

This worries me a lot. Realy? An ac game with "a few" side missions in the cities? Come on.

Assassin_M
07-19-2013, 12:44 PM

This worries me a lot. Realy? An ac game with "a few" side missions in the cities? Come on.
Maybe Darby meant outside of the Open world itself, not the ocean....i.e like the Leonardo missions

Legendz54
07-19-2013, 12:45 PM
I just read the answers and i admit it does make me curious about the modern day.

YRTEP
07-19-2013, 12:46 PM

This worries me a lot, realy? An ac game with "a few" side missions in the cities? Come on.
Darby meant outside the Caribbean (sea and land) overall.

SixKeys
07-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Maybe Darby meant outside of the Open world itself, not the ocean....i.e like the Leonardo missions

This is how I read it too. Of course they'll have missions on land, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered building three different distinct cities. There may be missions that take place outside of the usual locations though.

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Ah, that explains a lot lol, i was kinda shocked they were ignoring the cities and nobody gave a reaction to that. I feel a bit stupid now :p

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Ah, that explains a lot lol, i was kinda shocked they were ignoring the cities and nobody gave a reaction to that. I feel a bit stupid now :p
Don't worry - the way it reads, I suspect many thought the same..

Least you didn't run off and start threads and petitions :)

I am waiting for the news articles from certain sites to start rolling - 'OMG You canz only play on the boat !!!'

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Don't worry - the way it reads, I suspect many thought the same..

Least you didn't run off and start threads and petitions :)

I am waiting for the news articles from certain sites to start rolling - 'OMG You canz only play on the boat !!!'
Lol yeah, i hope the interactive trailer will change something to that, the "this is no ac" comments on facebook start to annoy me.

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Lol yeah, i hope the interactive trailer will change something to that, the "this is no ac" comments on facebook start to annoy me.
it's rather good tbh - some cooOOOool footage :)

lothario-da-be
07-19-2013, 01:11 PM
You teasing again :mad:, ah can't wait anymore, i hope they will release it over 4 hours, ubi mostly releases new footage then:)

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 01:16 PM

3 capital O's? Are these signs? Is there an underlying reason behind that? What are you hiding? Do the 3 O's mean we'll wait 3 days? TELL ME SHADE, TELL ME

Spider_Sith9
07-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Yes it was

You're joking... If not, provide a source because when it comes to lore, I'm gullible. Remember what happened about Desmond having a daughter. ;__;.

Seriously, I don't believe they are.

3 capital O's? Are these signs? Is there an underlying reason behind that? What are you hiding? Do the 3 O's mean we'll wait 3 days? TELL ME SHADE, TELL ME

New Assassin's Creed Cereal? Absterg-Os! Leading Humanity to a better tomorrow with this balanced breakfast! :D

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 01:46 PM
ermm.. If you are meaning the release date for the trailer, it has been posted a few times.. seems there's a Ubisoft newletter with the date etc on.. ;)

It's been previewed on The Watch - with a release date very, very soon for the general public..

Hunt and you will find..

Or if you are lazy.. click here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/781350-Interactive-trailer-coming-19th-July

:P

;)

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 01:51 PM
ermm.. The release date for the trailer has been posted a few times.. seems there's a Ubisoft newletter with the date etc on.. ;)

It's been previewed on The Watch - with a release date very, very soon for the general public..

Hunt and you will find..

You mean the interactive "Defy the Horizon" trailer with "hidden" AC logos that direct to a few cool 360 pictures and a few concepts? I have the Watch membership now. I already did it. I'm talking about when the Havana demo will release to the public if it will ACTUALLY be released to the public today or tomorrow.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 01:52 PM
You mean the interactive "Defy the Horizon" trailer with "hidden" AC logos that direct to a few cool 360 pictures and a few concepts? I have the Watch membership now. I already did it. I'm talking about when the Havana demo will release to the public if it will ACTUALLY be released to the public today or tomorrow.
Tomorrow maybe

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 01:53 PM
oh right...

Did anyone say the full demo was being released - or - that you would see Havana gameplay...?

There is some Havana gameplay in the new trailer.. so wonder if some are a little confused?

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Tomorrow maybe

And that's weak assumption or a strong one?

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 01:55 PM
oh right...

Did anyone say the full demo was being released - or - that you would see some Havana gameplay...?

Slightly different things.. :)

Yesterday Ashraf said that the Havan demo will not be released today but "later on". That must account for something

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 01:55 PM
And that's weak assumption or a strong one?
It's just a guess...someone mentioned twitter account of Ac confirmed that the footage will be streamed(or put on youtube), then Darby said that they'll do stuff on Friday and Saturday...

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 01:58 PM
It's just a guess...someone mentioned twitter account of Ac confirmed that the footage will be streamed(or put on youtube), then Darby said that they'll do stuff on Friday and Saturday...
Streaming - is always a tricky thing..

Remember AC3...?[shudder]

so, I would not assume too much ;)

ArabianFrost
07-19-2013, 01:59 PM

Alright. Well, if anyone's wondering, the official AC twitter said that some announcements for the fans will be released during the comic-con panel. Take it as you will.

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Alright. Well, if anyone's wondering, the official AC twitter said that some announcements for the fans will be released during the comic-con panel. Take it as you will.
They said:

@assassinscreed: The full Panel video will be posted online at youtube.com/assassinscreed. Likely later this weekend or early next week.

So, there maybe some footage in there, along with the rest of it, how much - well time will tell ;)

pacmanate
07-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Streaming - is always a tricky thing..

Remember AC3...?[shudder]

so, I would not assume too much ;)

Everyones still trying to forget AC3 lololol.

ANYWAY. What was I gonna say... ramble ramble.... OHYEAH. I am assuming we will get Havana 1080p stuff a few days after Comic Con ends.

ProletariatPleb
07-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Everyones still trying to forget AC3 lololol.
http://i.minus.com/iAEjt5DK0E4zO.jpg

So much this.

Mr_Shade
07-19-2013, 02:26 PM
I was meaning the 'confusion' about the streaming of 'gameplay' - oh you guys..

salman147
07-19-2013, 06:31 PM
That's be awesome!

Actually it's been confirmed by Ashraf that tattoos aren't customizable.
PROOF:http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/20/many-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-questions-answered-main-game-is-15-20-hours-season-pass-already-up-for-pre-order-more/

silvermercy
07-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Actually it's been confirmed by Ashraf that tattoos aren't customizable.
PROOF:http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/20/many-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-questions-answered-main-game-is-15-20-hours-season-pass-already-up-for-pre-order-more/
My dreams of drunken swearing Edward walking into a tattoo parlor have been squashed like a fly... *le sigh*