PDA

View Full Version : Turn off stick graphics?

leeG727
06-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Could you provide a means to turn off stick graphics in interior cockpit views? The centered stick blocks the VSI in the Mig-3 and the tachometer in the Yak-3. Even momentarily moving the stick clear is not viable in most flying situations when I need to see the VSI. This is an undesirable artifact of the simulation as in real life one could easily look behind the stick without having to move it. A console command would fine. There are only a few planes with this problem. Another acceptable solution would be the ability to shift the point of view to peer around the back of the stick to view the instruments, sort of what you do now for the German planes with offset gunsites using Shift-F1.

leeG

leeG727
06-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Could you provide a means to turn off stick graphics in interior cockpit views? The centered stick blocks the VSI in the Mig-3 and the tachometer in the Yak-3. Even momentarily moving the stick clear is not viable in most flying situations when I need to see the VSI. This is an undesirable artifact of the simulation as in real life one could easily look behind the stick without having to move it. A console command would fine. There are only a few planes with this problem. Another acceptable solution would be the ability to shift the point of view to peer around the back of the stick to view the instruments, sort of what you do now for the German planes with offset gunsites using Shift-F1.

leeG

BSS_Goat
07-02-2004, 11:45 AM
agree

http://images.allposters.com/images/dar/yng-17.jpg

Patriotism is your conviction
that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it
--George Bernard Shaw

Flygflottilj16_Sulan
07-02-2004, 02:55 PM
YES YES YES PLZ!!!
Mostly for the hidden gauges behind...
Would also like to point out that there are gauges (such as the early IL2 compass) that I can´t see because my head is stuck (in the game), I have no suggestion on how to solve this...
Related to this would be adding a "limited" speedbar with only the compass for those planes having this problem (and there are MANY) especcially early russian planes with a flat compass on top of "dashboard"...