PDA

View Full Version : ASHRAF ISMAIL CONFIRMS SWIMMING NPCs,SEAMLESS FOR CURRENT-GEN AND COSTUME FUNCTIONS

ArabianFrost
07-18-2013, 04:32 AM
I went through Ashraf's twitter feed and was flabbergasted by how much of an info goldmine it was. Not only did I find new info, but also blighting of doubts.

NPCs will be able to swim

http://i.imgur.com/NhRjWKE.png

Seamless will be the same for Next-gen and Current-gen (as a PS3 player, this is damn great news for me. I have less reason to be upset about not getting a PS4)

http://i.imgur.com/GJKvxRt.png

Lots of costumes for Edward some have gameplay functions too (lighter garment for running? dark outfits for better night stealth? Disguises for slower detection by enemies? Maybe I'm exaggerating, but this is quite interesting)

http://i.imgur.com/5IkINLf.png

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 04:41 AM
you forgot holsters and sheaths.

If it turns out he's lying the backlash will be amazing. Not that I think he's lying, it just seems that his confirmations are too good to be true.

ArabianFrost
07-18-2013, 04:45 AM
you forgot holsters and sheaths.

If it turns out he's lying the backlash will be amazing. Not that I think he's lying, it just seems that his confirmations are too good to be true.

He posted the thing about sheaths earlier, though he didn't confirm if they will visible. I'll post it when he confirms.

I wrote the title in caps. This means I'm excited. He will have to prepare for one hell of a sh*tstorm if this isn't in game. As you said, this is too awesome.

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 04:49 AM
I tweeted him asking if they were visible aswell, unless you didn't....

I mean, my twitter handle is also Jexx.

ArabianFrost
07-18-2013, 04:56 AM
I tweeted him asking if they were visible aswell, unless you didn't....

I mean, my twitter handle is also Jexx.

Yeah, I didn't write anything after I saw you posted the question. Hope he answers.

Moultonborough
07-18-2013, 05:15 AM
Very cool. It really wasn't much of a big deal to me but nice to see they are going the extra mile for it. Especially with a game that is based on the water. It would be stupid as hell to not have them be able to swim. He will be the most hated person at Ubisoft for fans if they take it out.

ArabianFrost
07-18-2013, 05:23 AM
Very cool. It really wasn't much of a big deal to me but nice to see they are going the extra mile for it. Especially with a game that is based on the water. It would be stupid as hell to not have them be able to swim. He will be the most hated person at Ubisoft for fans if they take it out.

Or the most loved dev since Patrice (I'm talking in terms of general popularity and acceptance by the fan base, ok?). He's the man that brought back non-linearity, a game that can be played stealthily for 85% of the time and open-ended assassinations. Hell, even if he achieves half of his promises, Ashraf would have his name carved "in steel" as Edward says. To me, he seems like a genuine person and since they said they won't shy from removing unpolished features, I have faith that he'll either do it, or warn us beforehand.

As for underwater, I'd like to see how it plays out. Can the NPCs detect you? Can they kill you? Will they find way back to nearest land? I'd really like to see.

prince162010
07-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I didn't write anything after I saw you posted the question. Hope he answers.

he is already answered his question and he confirmed that holsters :cool: can be crafted like AC3

prince162010
07-18-2013, 10:50 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/988256_659198944108344_738098039_n.jpg

ProletariatPleb
07-18-2013, 11:13 AM
He posted the thing about sheaths earlier, though he didn't confirm if they will visible. I'll post it when he confirms.
Invisible sheaths is a thing?

pacmanate
07-18-2013, 11:33 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/988256_659198944108344_738098039_n.jpg

Waitttt what? So you can carry guns with or without crafting a holster? COOL.

ProletariatPleb
07-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Waitttt what? So you can carry guns with or without crafting a holster? COOL.
Err, I think he means you need to craft holsters to get additional guns, maybe we have only 1 by default and get more as we craft.

pacmanate
07-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Err, I think he means you need to craft holsters to get additional guns, maybe we have only 1 by default and get more as we craft.

That doesnt make sense. Hes been showcased with 4 pistols and no holsters whatsoever. whats the point in making hoslters to carry more if you cant visually see them

ProletariatPleb
07-18-2013, 11:52 AM
That doesnt make sense. Hes been showcased with 4 pistols and no holsters whatsoever. whats the point in making hoslters to carry more if you cant visually see them
I am talking visually and mechanically, it would be arse backwards stupid if you can craft holsters which are fracking invisible...although I wouldn't really be surprised if that happened.

pacmanate
07-18-2013, 11:54 AM
I am talking visually and mechanically, it would be arse backwards stupid if you can craft holsters which are fracking invisible...although I wouldn't really be surprised if that happened.

So why are they invisible now?! Im pretty sure in demos they show off loads of things you dont get further on. Like AC2 demos where you had duel hidden blades or AC3 where they used a rope dart in a demo and Connor also had two holsters instead of one.

I just dont understand why Edwards being showcased with 4 pistols but NO holsters yet they say holsters are in the game.

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Or the most loved dev since Patrice (I'm talking in terms of general popularity and acceptance by the fan base, ok?). He's the man that brought back non-linearity, a game that can be played stealthily for 85% of the time and open-ended assassinations. Hell, even if he achieves half of his promises, Ashraf would have his name carved "in steel" as Edward says. To me, he seems like a genuine person and since they said they won't shy from removing unpolished features, I have faith that he'll either do it, or warn us beforehand.

He's not the man who did it, he's part of the team who did it.

https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/356980244315521024

@CKaloush (https://twitter.com/CKaloush) More like #AC4BlackFlag (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AC4BlackFlag&src=hash) Dev Team = Awesome :) It takes a lot of talented and passionate people to create such an amazing world

ProletariatPleb
07-18-2013, 11:57 AM
So why are they invisible now?! Im pretty sure in demos they show off loads of things you dont get further on. Like AC2 demos where you had duel hidden blades or AC3 where they used a rope dart in a demo and Connor also had two holsters instead of one.

I just dont understand why Edwards being showcased with 4 pistols but NO holsters yet they say holsters are in the game.
I don't know, but if I were to guess I would say maybe it's because the footage isn't 'new' but captured on older build of the game which didn't have holsters. AC3 did that, and again I think it's pretty stupid to do so but if they've done it in the past it seems like a logical assumption.

Other thing can be that they've yet to add the holsters.

@Yeah no **** sherlock, but you don't seriously think that without direction something will just appear now do you?

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Ugh, I was hoping that the forum couldn't interpret HTML code. It can't.

I wanted to embed Ash's tweet.

ProletariatPleb
07-18-2013, 12:09 PM
@pacmanate Invisible holsters? Hell we can even fight with invisible hidden blades, lol.

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/e/ed/A_Clash_of_Interests_2.png

ArabianFrost
07-18-2013, 12:54 PM
He's not the man who did it, he's part of the team who did it.

.@Yeah no **** sherlock, but you don't seriously think that without direction something will just appear now do you?

Basically what Sid said, with less obscenity. You can have a team of AC2 veterans such as the case with AC3, but at the end, the leading bunch of guys (Darby, Ashraf, Jean "we don't see much of" Guesdon and the other main heads of development which brainstorm ideas) are the ones that inspire and create their vision of the game. Sure the there are other awesome, undeniably hard-working and praise-worthy people at Ubisoft who make this vision a reality at Ubisoft, but at the end of the day, a bunch of guys sitting around a table suggested the game returns to open-ended assassinations. Ashraf Ismail must have had the mindset that would allow for this to be a prevalent feature if not he himself suggested it (in the Loomer interview he said that and Jean agreed to have stealth, naval and boarding as the 3 most important points, so he must have played a big role in that). He commands the team to do so and he is one of the guys that directs all of this palooza so it turns out coherent. At the end, he and the heads are the ones that decide what how much stealth and hardcore AC features land in the game, so if they are found to be plenty, then he definitely must have played a big role, proving himself the man with the GREAT vision and something he's praised for enhancing.

Again, not undermining anyone else's work, but since he's one of the faces of AC4 and he did push the AC1-esque vision quite heavily, it's natural the community views him as a savior for the series,

Edit:
I realise I may be repeating myself quite a lot, but I just wanted to deliver the point as vividly as possibly. My apologies for being horrible at delivering my point. It's not one of my qualities.

ProletariatPleb
07-18-2013, 01:02 PM
-spoon feeding-
I guess an example would be a site made by programmers vs side made by designers.

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I mostly said that to put Ash's tweet in. He said it himself, praise the team as a whole, not him.

ArabianFrost
07-18-2013, 01:27 PM
I mostly said that to put Ash's tweet in. He said it himself, praise the team as a whole, not him.

No doubt about that. They are the awesome people that made this game a reality, but Ashraf gets praise for leading the game in this direction, which was my original point.

ctuagent15
07-18-2013, 01:55 PM
I think it funny how Ash confirms holsters are in the game and people are now asking if they will be visible, do you really think they would have you craft holsters only for them to not be visible on Edward, as for why they're not on him in the trailers and game play demos we've seen so far, well maybe they weren't ready yet because of technical reasons when they were making the trailers and demos or the demos are from a point in the game where he doesn't have all his weapons but they put them on him too show as them but removed the holsters for some reason

Ureh
07-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Costumes with an underlying function/bonus is something I was dreaming that they'd implement back in AC2 (cause of the capes and stuff). Can't wait to see how big of a role they play this time.

pacmanate
07-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Costumes with an underlying function/bonus is something I was dreaming that they'd implement back in AC2 (cause of the capes and stuff). Can't wait to see how big of a role they play this time.

Maybe some like "Increased stealth zone stealth" or "Increased ammo capacity" OR OR "Third hidden blade hehehe" .

ProletariatPleb
07-18-2013, 02:14 PM
A great step towards the idea of disguises someday perhaps?

ladyleonhart
07-18-2013, 02:17 PM
A great step towards the idea of disguises someday perhaps?

That's a great idea! xD Then blending would make better sense and customisation is always fun! :D

KrYpToNiC95
07-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Hahahahahaha first account is my twitter :P I tried posting the picture yesterday but it didn't upload... @sidspyker there's an example of a nice long Greek name

salman147
07-18-2013, 03:55 PM
He will be the most hated person at Ubisoft for fans if they take it out.

Next to Alex Hutchingson.

ProletariatPleb
07-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Hahahahahaha first account is my twitter :P I tried posting the picture yesterday but it didn't upload... @sidspyker there's an example of a nice long Greek name
Yeah.

I happen to know a papadapoulos.

White24Room
07-18-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm a bit disapointed, Ashraf didn't answer to my questions on Twitter

pacmanate
07-18-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm a bit disapointed, Ashraf didn't answer to my questions on Twitter

He no like u

White24Room
07-18-2013, 06:44 PM
Well he answered :p

I really like this guy, he gives us a lot of news and he seems to pay a lot of attention to our feedbacks