PDA

View Full Version : Will the Brotherhood return as a more structured order in Black Flag?

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 01:21 AM
As we all know, the Assassin Order was once a structured order with it's main headquarters based in Masyaf. There were Master Assassins, there were Assassins in training, there were novices, there were Rafiqs. People have said that in AC1 they feel that the order's plans would have carried on if Altair failed a mission or was killed.

Of course, just before the siege of Masyaf by the Mongols, Altair sent off Assassins and Niccolo and Maffeo Polo with the order to establish different Assassin bases around the world. These Assassin cells would develop into their own groups and would manage to stay in contact, but there was no longer a main base like Masyaf. The Assassin Order fell into the shadows of the world, hidden among the people, hidden from our modern history.

Since then, the local orders have seemed to be small, mainly focusing on the Italian Order during the Rennaisance when Ezio became an Assassin, and the Colonial Order when Connor became an Assassin. The orders have been small at those times (10 key members during AC2, 2 key members during AC3), and our protagonists were the key players of the order at these times. People have complained that if Ezio or Connor were killed, the order's movements in those areas would have been destroyed. Although Ezio eventually built up the order in Rome to an extent that if he fell, the order could have continued on. The Ottoman order in Constantinople could have continued on without the aid of Ezio or the fall of Yusuf, and it did. Connor will probably do the same, he already has six people who have joined the order.

In Black Flag, we aren't born into the order, and we presumably aren't given a message to seek the Assassins. Also, according to the Assassin's Creed encyclopedia, the Assassins were the one who took the first step to the New World in the 16th century and built up a strong Colonial Order. I assume that they also built up an order in the Caribbean. As Edward, we technically aren't officially a part of the order at the beginning, we're mostly just trying to get their teaching and tools to aid in Edward's quest for infamy. We may finally see the order as a very strong presence without having to build it up first.

ladyleonhart
07-18-2013, 01:37 AM
...In Black Flag, we aren't born into the order, and we presumably aren't given a message to seek the Assassins. Also, according to the Assassin's Creed encyclopedia, the Assassins were the one who took the first step to the New World in the 16th century and built up a strong Colonial Order. I assume that they also built up an order in the Caribbean. As Edward, we technically aren't officially a part of the order at the beginning, we're mostly just trying to get their teaching and tools to aid in Edward's quest for infamy. We may finally see the order as a very strong presence without having to build it up first.

I really hope so :) It would be so interesting to see them as an actual "Assassin Order", especially with Edward on the outside of it all. Also, like others, I found the recruit training missions i.e. when you send the recruits to different places, a bit pointless, apart from the obvious fact that they were there to level up your recruits. Then having the presence of a strong order would bring back some of the mystery, and would overall be pretty cool! xD

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 01:40 AM
I liked them, I liked aiding the other Assassin Branches and reading about what my recruits did.

ladyleonhart
07-18-2013, 01:43 AM
I liked them, I liked aiding the other Assassin Branches and reading about what my recruits did.

Don't get me wrong... at the time, I did find it interesting and I also read the information about what they did. Hmm... maybe I felt like that on my second go. I did play it through twice. ^_~

TheDanteEX
07-18-2013, 02:44 AM
Well, from the map there seems to be some kind of Assassin HQ, but really that could mean anything. There will at least be more Assassins than there were AC3. Did they ever mentioned what happened to the Caribbean Assassins?

dxsxhxcx
07-18-2013, 03:06 AM
let's hope you're right, it would be nice to see the Assassins contacting Edward from time to time (specialy before each main assassination) to look for updates or give him new information/orders, I hope they mention a Mentor as well (that doesn't interact directly with Edward until he becomes an Assassin or the end of the game and that doesn't become part of a conspiracy at the end)..

it would be cool to receive letters from the Assassins assigning us new orders like they did with Nikolai in the comics and find other Assassins (from our Order) with their own agenda in the city (like happened in AC1), things like this IMO reinforce the idea that we are PART of a "self-sufficient" Order that doesn't rely only on the protagonist to get the job done and it's something I missed in the games after AC1.

Wolfmeister1010
07-18-2013, 03:36 AM
It has been confirmed multiple times that the brotherhood will not be returning because they make stealth irrelevant.

The assassins HQ is likely exactly what it seems to be....an assassin HQ. I predict that the assassins will be way more involved in this game.

LoyalACFan
07-18-2013, 03:49 AM
I hope the Brotherhood is a major presence, but they have to strike a tricky balance. ACR was way over-the-top, to the point where the Assassins felt like a public army again, which was way too much. But in AC3 you seemed kinda like a lone wolf, which didn't quite feel right either. I hope they have a strong order, but one that's behind-the-scenes. I think AC2 did that the best, despite Ezio's flamboyant outfit, but to be fair, AC1 didn't even try since the Assassins were actually a public faction in the Crusades.

And @Wolfmeister I think we're just talking about the actual Order itself here, not the apprentice system.

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 04:01 AM
The Encyclopedia described that local Assassin guilds were actually well known in the cities they were situated in. They just weren't "public" enough about their affairs to be recorded down or something of the sort.

BTW, I just want to say that I think that Altair still did most of the main missions for the order in AC1. From what I could tell, the other Assassins in the cities were mainly gathering information, dealing with high ranking guards, and delivering items.

Jexx21
07-18-2013, 04:11 AM
...Did you really join just to post a mess of emoticons.

Assassin_M
07-18-2013, 04:19 AM
I'd like something between AC II's and ACB's. integrated into society and behind the scenes with hoods, pigeon coops and customs

Ureh
07-18-2013, 04:28 AM
I guess it'll depend on how long they've had a presence there, if they suffered any setbacks recently, and why they're relying on Edward (short on hands? desperation? corrupted?).

Moultonborough
07-18-2013, 05:29 AM
I hope the Brotherhood is a major presence, but they have to strike a tricky balance. ACR was way over-the-top, to the point where the Assassins felt like a public army again, which was way too much. But in AC3 you seemed kinda like a lone wolf, which didn't quite feel right either. I hope they have a strong order, but one that's behind-the-scenes. I think AC2 did that the best, despite Ezio's flamboyant outfit, but to be fair, AC1 didn't even try since the Assassins were actually a public faction in the Crusades.

And @Wolfmeister I think we're just talking about the actual Order itself here, not the apprentice system.

Just like Wolf said it has been announced that there is no recruit Assassin system. Replacing it is recruiting sailors for the Jackdaw. I am sure there will be other Assassins but no recruits for it. It was cool in AC:B but the mini story's in AC:R were boring. AC3 made it pointless.

LoyalACFan
07-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Just like Wolf said it has been announced that there is no recruit Assassin system. Replacing it is recruiting sailors for the Jackdaw. I am sure there will be other Assassins but no recruits for it. It was cool in AC:B but the mini story's in AC:R were boring. AC3 made it pointless.

... I know there's no Assassin recruit system. But the thread is about the actual Assassin Order, not recruits. Supporting Assassin characters who don't factor into gameplay, i.e. Al Mualim, Uncle Mario, Machiavelli, Yusuf, etc. OP is saying he wonders if the Order will be a strong presence again like it was in AC1-ACR instead of just one guy who teaches you stuff like Achilles.

MrDynogames
07-18-2013, 07:55 AM
I think that it will be a strong order in the Caribbean. It has been stated that they were among the first to arrive in the new world So they most likely set up shop. It was until Haythams group which killed the order in the new world so I imagine in the Caribbean it will be as strong as the brotherhood in ACB. But I also get the feeling that because you're a pirate whose may focus is yourself that most of the order, aside from a few key members, will look at you for the criminal you are and want nothing to do with you. So I imagine it will be a strong as it was in Brotherhood but you will not be as welcomed to it. You won't be able to just stroll on in to their base for a while until most of the brotherhood trusts you.

Assassin_M
07-18-2013, 08:00 AM
I think that it will be a strong order in the Caribbean. It has been stated that they were among the first to arrive in the new world So they most likely set up shop. It was until Haythams group which killed the order in the new world so I imagine in the Caribbean it will be as strong as the brotherhood in ACB. But I also get the feeling that because you're a pirate whose may focus is yourself that most of the order, aside from a few key members, will look at you for the criminal you are and want nothing to do with you. So I imagine it will be a strong as it was in Brotherhood but you will not be as welcomed to it. You won't be able to just stroll on in to their base for a while until most of the brotherhood trusts you.
Actually, it`s confirmed that they`re welcoming of Edward, but are annoyed by his constant lack of adherence to the Creed..

AvK KiNgKoBrA
07-18-2013, 03:31 PM
I'd like something between AC II's and ACB's. integrated into society and behind the scenes with hoods, pigeon coops and customs

This^^ An Order that is actually already present but isnt in danger of being destroyed(i.e.ACR's Brotherhood) that jus needs more man-power lol

itsamea-mario
07-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Well if the Assassins were one of the first people to settle there, then you might expect them to be fairly well integrated with the society. It will also be interesting to be one of the recruits rather than starting as some destined for leadership of the order, or already in a highly ranking position.

Bashilir
07-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Well if the Assassins were one of the first people to settle there, then you might expect them to be fairly well integrated with the society. It will also be interesting to be one of the recruits rather than starting as some destined for leadership of the order, or already in a highly ranking position.

This is one of the main things that I want to see in the story.