PDA

View Full Version : Wanna win Edward's cutlass or robes?

I-Like-Pie45
07-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Sony is now holding a "Bid for Greatness" online auction, to get rid of some of their props used in their "Greatness Awaits" ad campaign. Unfortunately, the Jackdaw isn't included. Aside from AC4, some TLoU, inFamous, Killzone, Diablo, and Skyrim stuff are up for grabs. If you've ever wanted to be a cosplayer without actually having to make your own damn outfit, this is your chance.

https://www.bidforgreatness.com/

The cutlass bid begins on the 25th, and the robe bid begins on the 30th.

Bidding is done with gold trophies tied to your PSN account. Yeah, good luck to anyone that is going to try for these items. I hear those trophy farmer PSN accounts get real vicious these days.

Ureh
07-17-2013, 05:35 AM
Not bad, except for the gold trophy part. :O

LoyalACFan
07-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Can I win his holsters? :eek:

Aphex_Tim
07-17-2013, 07:57 AM
Shame about the trophy part indeed. Basically means that people who have the most time and money to play games get to win these items.

poptartz20
07-17-2013, 08:50 AM
I honestly think that this is an awesome idea! It finally give purpose for getting trophies and "unlocking achievements" I would like for them to continue something like that in the future with all this next gen stuff. It doesn't always have to be extra props or anything, but maybe something you can get in came by cashing in on hidden trophies or something like that, but it's not necessary to have It would make getting those type of things worth while and not just an added extra. I don't know just a though. But yes. It does suck about the gold trophies though. -_- wish it was all. Now I feel like my lvl 15 means nothing.

LoyalACFan
07-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Shame about the trophy part indeed. Basically means that people who have the most time and money to play games get to win these items.

Yeah, I have no ****ing chance. But, it is kind of a step in the right direction, minus the fact that only trophy-farming profiles have a shot. I would like to see trophies become a more tangible reward in the future... Like maybe every trophy level you increase, you get a $5 or $10 PSN credit? I dunno. Right now, trophies are useless.

reddragonhrcro
07-17-2013, 02:18 PM
US only... -_-

STDlyMcStudpants
07-18-2013, 05:20 PM
I have 111 gold trophies but not even going to try...
Im pretty active in the PS tophy community and I know that modders exist
it has nothing to do with time or money
all you have to do is know how to mod or pay a modder a few bucks to pop some trophies for you
Also modded playstations can play bootleg games so they have an endless library..and i guarantee that 90% of the winners are modders that wil end up getting banned when sony does a quick check before sending the items ;)

reddragonhrcro
07-18-2013, 07:34 PM
I have 111 gold trophies but not even going to try...
Im pretty active in the PS tophy community and I know that modders exist
it has nothing to do with time or money
all you have to do is know how to mod or pay a modder a few bucks to pop some trophies for you
Also modded playstations can play bootleg games so they have an endless library..and i guarantee that 90% of the winners are modders that wil end up getting banned when sony does a quick check before sending the items ;)

Yeah pretty much it.
It will be modders who will win mostly if not all.