PDA

View Full Version : Good News you will be able to go below deck in jackdaw

Grand_Master32
07-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Hello Everyone

I watched an interview of Ashraf Ismail in which he said that you will be able to go below deck in jackdaw.

See This Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8nXLl80VnU

DELTA Kristian
07-13-2013, 08:50 PM
And what is the advantage of that?

lothario-da-be
07-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Nice! I found it quite irritating that you couldn't go below dech on the Aquila.

x___Luffy___x
07-13-2013, 09:20 PM
this has already been posted on the forum earlier i think... this was definitely needed.

And what is the advantage of that?

first of all you should see the full interview , he did say that edward has a captain's cabin and there he can customize the ship and edward himself.

or do you want edward to just roam on the upper deck or like in AC3 always stick to the wheel. in AC4 you will spend most of the time on your ship and if you cant even explore it, it would be just stupid. it was a missing feature in AC3 , glad its in AC4.

TheDanteEX
07-14-2013, 02:30 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it were only the captain's cabin. Obviously I could be wrong, but the way the question was answered gave me that impression. Also, wouldn't that mean all the crew members loading the canons would have to be animated fully rather than just showing them head below deck? And I could imagine getting in their way.

Megas_Doux
07-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Nice!!!!!!

Spider_Sith9
07-14-2013, 03:55 AM
Reminds me of Mass Effect

LoyalACFan
07-14-2013, 06:28 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it were only the captain's cabin. Obviously I could be wrong, but the way the question was answered gave me that impression. Also, wouldn't that mean all the crew members loading the canons would have to be animated fully rather than just showing them head below deck? And I could imagine getting in their way.

They wouldn't be loading the cannons while you were below decks. You'd have to be at the wheel to order them to fire, and by the time you left the wheel and got below decks, they'd have already loaded them ;)

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the lower level was automatically blocked off by that gridded gate thing (the thing they locked Haytham in with right before he fought Mills) when you went into combat.