PDA

View Full Version : Spear & Shield Gladiators

VanMennace
07-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I have built my Spear & Shield guy to around 145 rating. Not near as high as my other champions. The issue I am having with this guy is his damage% is just as high as the other gladiators I have, but he does crap for damage. The dagger guys are doing more damage with the fast attacks than the spear guy does with its strong attacks. Not sure if it is just the gladiator, or Spear & Shield gladiators in general.

As of right now I am feeling he is way under powered. If you have any advice or maybe you are having the same issues please let me know. I am curious to exactly why I should use a Spear & Shield gladiator other than to complete the offline boss missions that they are needed for.

Silhouelle
07-11-2013, 10:46 PM
I recently had to use one for those required matches and found it pretty crappy too. I basically ended up spamming two combos over and over - and thats something I loathe doing cause I don't feel in anyway like I deserved to win lol. My best suggestion if you want damage is to go after perks that will help. With mine I threw on the +10 defense perk and loaded him up with heavy armour, seems to work okay so far but I haven't played against another player yet.

VanMennace
07-12-2013, 01:56 PM
I recently had to use one for those required matches and found it pretty crappy too. I basically ended up spamming two combos over and over - and thats something I loathe doing cause I don't feel in anyway like I deserved to win lol. My best suggestion if you want damage is to go after perks that will help. With mine I threw on the +10 defense perk and loaded him up with heavy armour, seems to work okay so far but I haven't played against another player yet.

Thanks for the advice, I will give that a try. When I use the Spear & Shield guys they suck, but totally the opposite when playing the CPU. lol

vOFlipOv
07-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Their pretty beast when you reach around mid 30's i have 5 spear and shield guys in my stable and there the only ones 1 use offline and online. My highest damage % on one of my spear guy is 193 and that's without any perks that boosts your damage.I can go higher but I'll lose someone the stats that i need. I have compared a 2 handed sword that i had and my spear guy and i can kill a CPU opponent faster than a 2 handed sword gladiator both we're legends with equipment and same perks. Just have patience with the spear and shield gladiator and you'll see the real awesomeness of them :)

VanMennace
07-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Their pretty beast when you reach around mid 30's i have 5 spear and shield guys in my stable and there the only ones 1 use offline and online. My highest damage % on one of my spear guy is 193 and that's without any perks that boosts your damage.I can go higher but I'll lose someone the stats that i need. I have compared a 2 handed sword that i had and my spear guy and i can kill a CPU opponent faster than a 2 handed sword gladiator both we're legends with equipment and same perks. Just have patience with the spear and shield gladiator and you'll see the real awesomeness of them :)

I will do that, and thanks for the information.

Karma_Cop
07-16-2013, 05:04 PM
I don't have any great tips for you VanMennace...because I'm sitting in the same boat as you! I'd practically rather fight with my fists (in fact I took the spear/shield off and did for a while) with my Spear guy than use the Spear. I'll be going along in a match, landing a few combos (which are quicker then I always think they'd be with a Spear up close) then back off and hit some long range and I'll suddenly look at my opponent's health and gasp..."but a scratch, tis but a scratch...".

That said I was pleasantly shocked when I won on my first attempt in the required match in the Grand Arena. Stunning, improbable and unexplained victory. Only highlight on my Spearman's ill-fated career.

But nice to see the tips from others in here! Maybe the tides will turn.