PDA

View Full Version : Animus Fragments making a return in AC4

pacmanate
07-10-2013, 11:37 PM
As some of you have no doubt seen, Animus Fragments are returning , but why?

Animus Fragments debuted in ACR and unlocked Desmonds memories. What do you think they will unlock in AC4? Let the speculation commence!

ArabianFrost
07-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Desmond's talking about the key being in someone's DNA. Yves Guillmont's DNA.

In all seriousness though, it probably is Desmond trying to fill any plotholes from the last games.

LoyalACFan
07-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Wait, are they confirmed, or is this just speculation based on the map icons?

Megas_Doux
07-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Wait, are they confirmed, or is this just speculation based on the map icons?

Check this gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GeYl-z5rFc

at 0:47

SixKeys
07-11-2013, 12:00 AM
I think they have something to do with the modern-day secrets we'll be unlocking to find out about Abstergo's sinister plans. Maybe they are messages from Erudito or fragments from Desmond's memory/consciousness. By piecing them all together we will gain access to something similar to The Truth.

At least, that would be cool.

OSantaClownO
07-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Maybe unlocks memories of the Kenway family?

SixKeys
07-11-2013, 12:03 AM

Like the Cristina memories in ACB? That could be cool.

Megas_Doux
07-11-2013, 12:14 AM
I like both scenarios!

Kaschra
07-11-2013, 12:17 AM

I think they have something to do with the modern-day secrets we'll be unlocking to find out about Abstergo's sinister plans. Maybe they are messages from Erudito or fragments from Desmond's memory/consciousness. By piecing them all together we will gain access to something similar to The Truth.

At least, that would be cool.

I really like both possibilities.

ArabianFrost
07-11-2013, 12:20 AM
WHY DOES THIS GAME SOUND SO GOOD?

Seriously, AC3 sounded good but there were doubts, with AC4, it's different. I just see a lot of possibilities. It's inevitable. I will get hyped sooner or later.

Megas_Doux
07-11-2013, 12:22 AM
WHY DOES THIS GAME SOUND SO GOOD?

Seriously, AC3 sounded good but there were doubts, with AC4, it's different. I just see a lot of possibilities. It's inevitable. I will get hyped sooner or later.

If I like what I see in the upcoming La Habana demo, sign me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PD AC3 is my favorite in the franchise though, but I promised to myself never hyped that much again.

ArabianFrost
07-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm sold if they call it La Habana in the demo. Sounds much sexier than havana.

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 10:52 AM
I personally think they are something Desmond related, for sure. I mean we are using his memories so whose to say his tiny brain didn't affect them being uploaded? Maybe we will really see what happened to him after he touched the orb?

lothario-da-be
07-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Animus data fragments were my favourite ac collectables, i liked it that when you found 50 the other 50 appeared on your map.