PDA

View Full Version : PS3 v PS4 Versions.

D173120T
07-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Not sure of this has been asked ,but what are the differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions of AC Black Flag.Obviously the graphics will be better,but what else?

JamJar502
07-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Aside from graphical fidelity, AI would/should be better on next-gen, along with more animations, and just generally more stuff going on at any one time. Hopefully.

I-Like-Pie45
07-10-2013, 08:16 PM
PS4 will include exclusive story-important Haytham and Connor missions that will not be found in the PS3 or other platform versions of the game.

poptartz20
07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
PS4 will include exclusive story-important Haytham and Connor missions that will not be found in the PS3 or other platform versions of the game.

I hope this is a joke. : |

But then again, I'm sure ps will get some kind of exclusive content as usual. Also another difference will be in online multiplayer. I wonder how that will work now too. Considering PS3 will be free and 4 will cost.

Jexx21
07-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Aside from graphical fidelity, AI would/should be better on next-gen, along with more animations, and just generally more stuff going on at any one time. Hopefully.
lol, no.

AI will be the same on PS3 and PS4 versions of the game, animations will be the same.

The game will just have better graphics on PS4 and will be less likely to crash.

A multi-generational game is pretty much going to be the same on the different generations except the graphics will be better on the newer generation. This includes textures, models, framerate, cloth physics, etc.

Assassin_M
07-11-2013, 02:29 AM
Your hopes will be crushed. the only difference between next-AC IV and current-AC IV will be graphics...

Charlie2417
07-11-2013, 03:53 AM
Not sure of this has been asked ,but what are the differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions of AC Black Flag.Obviously the graphics will be better,but what else?

Most likely texturing and filtering processes. Similar how to on the PC you can go from 2x AA to 4x to 8x etc.

AC2_alex
07-11-2013, 04:12 AM
lol, no.

AI will be the same on PS3 and PS4 versions of the game, animations will be the same.

The game will just have better graphics on PS4 and will be less likely to crash.

A multi-generational game is pretty much going to be the same on the different generations except the graphics will be better on the newer generation. This includes textures, models, framerate, cloth physics, etc.

Your hopes will be crushed. the only difference between next-AC IV and current-AC IV will be graphics...

Yup. Basically. Maybe it can fit more NPCs? Maybe? Maybe the waves will be more responsive to weather? Eh? Maybe?????

stingray110
07-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Smoke, the only thing which is different. If you have an ounce of intelligence you will buy the ps3 version...

Jexx21
07-11-2013, 07:10 PM
What? No, the PS4 version is still better, even if marginally.

If you actually knew anything you wouldn't care what other people bought seeing as it's a freaking game. It's just a hobby, it isn't the meaning of life.

mhg87
07-11-2013, 08:06 PM
What? No, the PS4 version is still better, even if marginally.If you actually knew anything you wouldn't care what other people bought seeing as it's a freaking game. It's just a hobby, it isn't the meaning of life.It is just more appealing to get the game by itself for current gen systems, rather than shell out an extra $400 or $500 dollars for it.I do plan on buying a PS4, just not at launch.

Wolfmeister1010
07-12-2013, 02:00 AM
I am not so sure just graphics will be improved. The watch dogs dev said that the world of watch dogs will be more dynamic on the xone version. More npcs, smarter npcs, ect. Frankly, anything could happen.

NondairyGold
07-12-2013, 11:41 AM

If you actually knew anything you wouldn't care what other people bought seeing as it's a freaking game. It's just a hobby, it isn't the meaning of life.

Yeah, cause everyone knows the meaning of life is 42!

JamJar502
07-12-2013, 11:59 AM
lol, no.

When I said animations, I was referring to NPCs being able to do more...things. and M, I am aware that my dream will probably be crushed. I know there won't be much difference between gens, but I can dream.

JamJar502
07-12-2013, 12:01 PM
It is just more appealing to get the game by itself for current gen systems, rather than shell out an extra $400 or $500 dollars for it.I do plan on buying a PS4, just not at launch.
I'm not sure what gen I'm getting it on, if I have the money to get a PS4 and AC4, then I'll do that, if not, I'll get it on PS3.

IWGCJoeCool
07-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Yeah, cause everyone knows the meaning of life is 42!

and thanks for all the fish!!!

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Smoke, the only thing which is different. If you have an ounce of intelligence you will buy the ps3 version...

Yes, lets all buy the inferior version. Seriously you might want to rethink your own intelligence, what the hell is wrong with you?

Mr_Shade
07-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Yes, lets all buy the inferior version. Seriously you might want to rethink your own intelligence, what the hell is wrong with you?
ALL versions will be great..

Some may have better graphical fidelity, however it's not a reason to start fighting over..

Those with the new consoles, may not want to wait.. or may prefer to buy the other versions due to player base..

Those who can't afford / do not want the new consoles, have little choice - not everyone can make a purchase of 400 for gaming..

I suspect most will be tempted to play what will be a great game, on the new consoles, if they have one though ;)

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
ALL versions will be great..

Some may have better graphical fidelity, however it's not a reason to start fighting over..

Those with the new consoles, may not want to wait.. or may prefer to buy the other versions due to player base..

Those who can't afford / do not want the new consoles, have little choice - not everyone can make a purchase of 400 for gaming..

I suspect most will be tempted to play what will be a great game, on the new consoles, if they have one though ;)

If there was a choice, you get the PS4 version if you have a PS4. For him to say "if you have an ounce of intelligence buy the PS3 version" is just stupid.

Starting from November it will go PS3/360 - PS4/X1- PC

If anything, the PS3 and 360 version will be the "worst". Im not saying that in a harsh way, these consoles are still doing pretty good, but in comparison, graphics will be worse, easily.

Mr_Shade
07-12-2013, 12:56 PM
If there was a choice, you get the PS4 version if you have a PS4. For him to say "if you have an ounce of intelligence buy the PS3 version" is just stupid.

Starting from November it will go PS3/360 - PS4/X1- PC

If anything, the PS3 and 360 version will be the "worst". Im not saying that in a harsh way, these consoles are still doing pretty good, but in comparison, graphics will be worse, easily.
Depends on your friends...

If no one you regularly play with has a PS4 and you do, it's not so simple..

Plus - I suspect a lot of people will be keeping the older consoles, due to BC...

However like I said, all of the versions will be great - so personal choice for everyone ;)

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Depends on your friends...

If no one you regularly play with has a PS4 and you do, it's not so simple..

Plus - I suspect a lot of people will be keeping the older consoles, due to BC...

Okay well I was just talking about his intelligence comment, this is going a bit off track...

But yeah thats why I bought AC3 on PS3 and 360 haha

Ureh
07-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Can they release comparison screenshots?

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 03:43 PM

I dont think they will, but Digital Foundary might

ProletariatPleb
07-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Or you could compare PC and console screenshots of AC3, it will be the same thing.

EDIT: Needless to say AC4 is made with nextgen and PC in mind, current gen versions will just be dumbed down.

luckyto
07-12-2013, 05:06 PM

Why do you say that? I mean, don't take that as antagonistic, I'm really curious what information you have. I'm really torn between getting AC4 for PS3 or simply waiting until I get my PS4 during the holidays.

prince162010
07-12-2013, 06:20 PM
i want to ask you guys ! is the exclusive 60 minutes of gameplay in PS4 is the same in PS3 ??

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 06:45 PM
i want to ask you guys ! is the exclusive 60 minutes of gameplay in PS4 is the same in PS3 ??

Yes.

prince162010
07-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Yes.

so it is only that Aveline mission,isn't it?

http://www.vgblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/Games/AssassinsCreed4BlackFlag/AssassinsCreed4BlackFlag-E32013/Assassins_Creed_4_Black_Flag_E32013_0013.jpg

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 08:09 PM
I dont know what it is, I thought it was the Adwedeadele missions

stingray110
07-12-2013, 08:46 PM

I don't care.In your case an ounce is too much.

stingray110
07-12-2013, 08:49 PM

You should buy an Xbox 1, it suits your intelligence level. Yeah, lets all buy a new console to buy a game which is not even made for the next generation, i guess money just falls out your pocket, first world waster.

stingray110
07-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Why do you say that? I mean, don't take that as antagonistic, I'm really curious what information you have. I'm really torn between getting AC4 for PS3 or simply waiting until I get my PS4 during the holidays.

If i were you i would wait, this AC, was not designed with the next generation in mind. Somewhere in a thread, the graphics were discussed and in reality the difference between the PS3 and PS4 version was only the smoke effects, and very little else. However, if i am wrong, then i accept that we should all buy the PS4 version because apparently 'marginally improved graphics'is worth buying an over-priced console and a game which will most likely be more expensive on PS4 as it is the next generation because our gaming experience is going to be revolutionary. Sorry, if i seem so antagonistic and nasty but sometimes people talk a lot of rubbish.

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 09:02 PM
You should buy an Xbox 1, it suits your intelligence level. Yeah, lets all buy a new console to buy a game which is not even made for the next generation, i guess money just falls out your pocket, first world waster.

LOL idiot.

Ureh
07-12-2013, 09:39 PM
I'll be waiting for the ps4 or pc version then. :)

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 10:23 PM
I'll be waiting for the ps4 or pc version then. :)

The PS3 version wont differ at all minus graphics.If you liked how AC3 look (which I did), then AC4 will be fine.

prince162010
07-12-2013, 10:25 PM
I dont know what it is, I thought it was the Adwedeadele missions

also i heared that there will be mission about Haytham & Connor ,anyone know about it? and what platform will be released on?

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 10:53 PM
also i heared that there will be mission about Haytham & Connor ,anyone know about it? and what platform will be released on?

That was a joke... I think

poptartz20
07-12-2013, 11:04 PM

If this was actually true. . .

STDlyMcStudpants
07-13-2013, 04:37 AM
The difference between ac 4 on ps3 and ps4 is the difference between AC 3 on ps3 and pc
The game will be truly stunning on ps4, but dont expect anything better than AC3 or Tomb Raider 2013 graphics wise for ps3
Those 2 games really pushed the envelope for what can be done graphically with this past gen of console..even more so than GOW 3 or Uncharted 3 did (My opinion)
But I cant wait for games to start looking like the opening sequence of AC Revelations ;D
It was my first experience with AC and thought it was a clip from a movie lol...blew my mind

Ureh
07-13-2013, 05:59 AM
Do you guys think they'll devote more time and efforts to polishing ps3 & 360 versions for bugs if most gamers won't be going next-gen right away? Also I remember devs saying that they were unaccustomed on how to optimize ps3 games, will the devs need more time to gain experience with ps4/xb1 before they can utilize their full potential?

Also how many more AC games will they make before they stop developing for current gen?

AC2_alex
07-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Getting AC4, Watch Dogs, and inFamous: Second Son on PS4. :)

pacmanate
07-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Do you guys think they'll devote more time and efforts to polishing ps3 & 360 versions for bugs if most gamers won't be going next-gen right away? Also I remember devs saying that they were unaccustomed on how to optimize ps3 games, will the devs need more time to gain experience with ps4/xb1 before they can utilize their full potential?

Also how many more AC games will they make before they stop developing for current gen?

1. More time to polish PS3/360? Well, they have had those consoles for 7 years+ so im pretty sure they know how to work them out now. If anything Next Gen console games might be buggier. I am guessing they will have a current and past gen team to do this stuff separately.

2. Will Devs need more time to utilize full potential PS4/X1? Hell yeah they will. I say at least 2-3 years. You can see it yourself, just comparing Uncharted 1 (2007) to Uncharted 3 (2011) and you will see the difference. The more time they have with a console, the better everything will look.

3. How long until they stop doing cross gen crap? 2 years? I dunno, as long as PS3/360 are still alive, next gen will never be properly next gen.

UNLESS. They do what they are doing for Watch Dogs, and developing for PC instead of consoles.

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2013, 10:16 AM
1. More time to polish PS3/360? Well, they have had those consoles for 7 years+ so im pretty sure they know how to work them out now. If anything Next Gen console games might be buggier. I am guessing they will have a current and past gen team to do this stuff separately.

2. Will Devs need more time to utilize full potential PS4/X1? Hell yeah they will. I say at least 2-3 years. You can see it yourself, just comparing Uncharted 1 (2007) to Uncharted 3 (2011) and you will see the difference. The more time they have with a console, the better everything will look.

3. How long until they stop doing cross gen crap? 2 years? I dunno, as long as PS3/360 are still alive, next gen will never be properly next gen.

UNLESS. They do what they are doing for Watch Dogs, and developing for PC instead of consoles.
1. Why will next-gen games be buggier? They have 8 gigs of memory, EIGHT. Half the bugs are encountered because of not having enough memory therefore code going ape****. Architecture is the same as PC, it's not like they have to learn to code for a new architecture.

2. Full potential? That will require plenty of time, lol. As long as current gen lives we'll never get full potential because of "crossgen" games.

3.EA said they'll support current gen till 2017, if that's anything to go buy this cursed ancient hardware will still be prevalent...which sucks.

About that, they did say PC is one of the lead platforms.

STDlyMcStudpants
07-14-2013, 06:11 AM

This gen isnt going anywhere anytime soon...you will see ps3 and 360 fadeaway when the performance of games go beyond what current gen can handle like we saw with last gen...PS2 is getting Fifa 14 lol BUT ssprts games are an exception, many countries are way behind US and UK , just now getting their hands on a ps2 hence EA still supporting, because sports games especially fifa will sell.
Also games based off of movies arent afraid to go multi platform either example : Toy Story 3. 2010 release, both on PS2 and PS3
But movie games and sports games kind kind of hold hands..movie games are for the most part for children and for the majrity of children that arent gamers..just kids that need a destration everyonce in while..they still have the ps2s and N64s lol because they juts dont care :D ...so these types still sell
HOWEVER AAA title games, my prediction is that we will stop seeing these on current gen by 2015..AC V will be the last PS3/Xbox 360 AC
Expect to be able to squeeze 1 more good year out of your console before you feel like youre missing out

AC2_alex
07-14-2013, 06:26 AM
What is the history of gen transitions? Can't we infer from the past? How long were XBOX/ XBOX 360 | PS2/ PS3 games simultaneously released? (If at all)

STDlyMcStudpants
07-14-2013, 09:05 PM
What is the history of gen transitions? Can't we infer from the past? How long were XBOX/ XBOX 360 | PS2/ PS3 games simultaneously released? (If at all)

PS2 is still getting sports games but I think it is confirmed Fifa 14 will be the last PS2 game made