PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Gameplay Experience Video - Naval Exploration [10.07.2013.]

dex3108
07-10-2013, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dWyaZEbbHE

catkiller97
07-10-2013, 05:08 PM
:cool: I missed to post by a second :P

Megas_Doux
07-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Im liking this.....

I Want to see La Habana!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Soulid_Snake
07-10-2013, 05:17 PM
No matter what! This game does look very, very beautiful! Thanks for posting, I can't wait to see what Havana looks like!

Sushiglutton
07-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Much better stuff than the E3 vid for sure. Still unable to spot any improvements to stealth/combat/freerunning, but ship to ship battles look solid and I like the set of options to deal with them. I wonder what options we had to take on the fort though. As it played out in the vid it seemed like we tapped a button (with the right upgrade) to destroy its defences and then just ran through to kill the captain, which was easy. I hope it's more to them than that.

The world is truly stunning and def a place I want to spend time in. I wish they went back to more subtle communication with the player though. There is a lot of info, HUD etc popping up all the time. Somewhat immersion breaking. Hope the game is tuned in such a way that you can play HUD-less without running into impossible situations like you did in AC3.

Anyway, I overall liked this vid :).

:cool: I missed to post by a second :P

That doesn't happen very often ;)!

rileypoole1234
07-10-2013, 05:24 PM
This makes me really excited but I'm still trying to be cautious.

Soulid_Snake
07-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Same here!

Assassin_M
07-10-2013, 05:29 PM
so....much....to....do...

Soulid_Snake
07-10-2013, 05:31 PM
so....much....to....do...

Say whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?

Jexx21
07-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Is this the demo with the twins or something else?

lothario-da-be
07-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Looks realy good, much better then the frontier! Getting excited :) but not too much of course. Never an ac3 hype again for me!

Bastiaen
07-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Loved it!

Soulid_Snake
07-10-2013, 05:43 PM
That water is so beautiful!

catkiller97
07-10-2013, 05:51 PM
I feel like this game can bring AC back to its root :)

Assassin_M
07-10-2013, 05:53 PM
I feel like this game can bring AC back to its root :)
We still haven't seen any of its roots, though...

No social stealth, no freedom and no assassinations were shown...

catkiller97
07-10-2013, 05:55 PM
^^ I can clearly see game offer player full freedom.

Assassin_M
07-10-2013, 05:56 PM
^^ I can clearly see game offer player full freedom.
Lucky you, I guess...

pacmanate
07-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Lucky you, I guess...

I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I THINK AFTER I WATCH IT

stop pressuring me

Assassin_M
07-10-2013, 06:00 PM
I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I THINK AFTER I WATCH IT

stop pressuring me
It looks great don`t worry and there`s TONS of content, like I said...

so....much...to do

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 06:03 PM
The part with the little island where Edward has to loot some dead sailor's body was the most exciting to me. I like the idea of just being able to drop anchor anywhere and explore sandbanks.

Crabs! :D And later iguanas at the temple. Looking forward to seeing what other new wildlife this game has to show.

I don't like the interact button showing up everywhere. Like Sushiglutton said, I hope we'll be able to turn off HUD without any problems.

I really wish the rest of the demo had been more like the first couple of minutes. Just simple freeroaming, maybe a little stealth. Why do they insist on bombarding us with ship battles and explosions? I would be so excited right now if only I had some reassurance that stealth will actually work in this game.

ProletariatPleb
07-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Now THAT looks amazing.

amongthecreed
07-10-2013, 06:06 PM
I want this game NOW!! It looks fantastic!

Also, some of the ambient and non-ambient sounds amazing. It looks like Tyler's done a fantastic job with the score from what I'm hearing...can't wait!

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Also: Brace yourselves, the Tumblr posts about Edward's tattoo-covered body are coming. :rolleyes:

ACfan443
07-10-2013, 06:28 PM
A huge improvement over the E3 demo!

Looked great, but I'm still apprehensive about the side content. If side elements aren't removed/watered down by release, then I'll be very happy.

Still too much 'all guns blazing' - I want to see some stealth. (I have a feeling we'll see this in the Havana demo, for which I can't wait!)

Aphex_Tim
07-10-2013, 06:33 PM
http://t.qkme.me/3ssahb.jpg

silvermercy
07-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Also: Brace yourselves, the Tumblr posts about Edward's tattoo-covered body are coming. :rolleyes:
Just checked. LOL They are already here. :D Nipple tattoos...

ze_topazio
07-10-2013, 06:45 PM

http://www.lolbrary.com/content/967/my-body-is-ready-41967.gif

prince162010
07-10-2013, 07:20 PM
i'm so... exciting .... that was amazing ..... i love you Assassin's Creed , I Love you:o:o

MadJC1986
07-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Funny thing is that they actually did not show the fighting system yet, even if Edward killed lots of people.
Apart from that, I'd say, that this looks nice, but not awesome! I'm looking forward to it. Definitely buying this.

I-Like-Pie45
07-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Have you people forgotten the Frontier and Boston demos of 2012?

All this will be removed or dumbed down in the final product.

AdamPearce
07-10-2013, 07:26 PM
There's two things that bother me.

+> WHERE ARE THE HOLSTERS!
+> Why the Viewpoint animation isn't alike AC3, this one look so poor...

Otherwise the game looks good, fluid, the environment are beautiful, brand new animation, that's nice. The water...OMG, so amazing and the animals. I really liked the abod of the ship, but I found it a bit easy to kill the Captain, those should be like Mini-Boss.

AidenPixxel
07-10-2013, 07:29 PM
It seems like attacking freely has made a return

ProletariatPleb
07-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Now for the things I worry about....what will be cut/watered...

What is the actual combat like? They've only shown us single kills, not proper open-combat

silvermercy
07-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Is Edward wearing Connor's necklace or do my eyes deceive me?? O_o

ACfan443
07-10-2013, 07:49 PM
i love you Assassin's Creed

Lol.
That was not Assassin's Creed.
There's virtually zero resemblance, it may as well have been a new IP.
As a pirate game though, it looks great.

Rugterwyper32
07-10-2013, 07:51 PM
This is looking great. The ruin looked rather fun, gotta say. And now viewpoints have more of a meaning than map revealing. Bring them on, I say! I hope to see tons of viewpoints now that we have fast travel, and more complex to climb at that. Can't wait for the Havana demo now.

Also, iguanas.

http://youtu.be/tNJb1T6lw2I

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Have you people forgotten the Frontier and Boston demos of 2012?

All this will be removed or dumbed down in the final product.

I haven't forgotten, but the thing is, none of the AC3 demos ever really sold the game to me. Atmosphere is extremely important as a deciding factor for me. Every AC3 demo looked grey and dull and no matter what they showed in the demos, I always had the fear the game would feel very empty. This fear proved to be justified. Even if they hadn't cut out random events, canoes and such, I still don't think the game could have been saved for me.

With AC4, even if some stuff ends up being cut, I simply have a better feeling about the game world. It feels more like a world I would like to spend time in than AC3 ever did. I can imagine myself just sailing across the Caribbean exploring little islands and enjoying the view, something that never really interested me in AC3.

jayjay275
07-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Looked really good visually, but I think some of the gameplay elements will be dusted.

Kaschra
07-10-2013, 07:56 PM
HOLY ****.
I want it. I want it now. Gimme that game NOW.

Bastiaen
07-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Looked really good visually, but I think some of the gameplay elements will be dusted.

Meh, pessimist. Just because they did that to AC3, which I acknowledge (though it was still an amazing game), doesn't mean they'll do it again in AC4.

monster_rambo
07-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Looks pretty decent but not enough money. I'll spend my money on GTA5 and Watch Dogs and other games and maybe after 1 year or 2, I'll take a look at this game.

dex3108
07-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Footprint confirmed XD

http://i.imgur.com/vTzrruQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vTzrruQ.jpg

xryanx28
07-10-2013, 08:24 PM
the screen shakes alot while hes running . i hope they change the way the buttons look at the top right corner -_- i dont like them. ill probly just remove the hud while I play

Aphex_Tim
07-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Looks really cool, but there's a couple of silly things I noticed:
-The massive splash sound when reaching water deep enough to swim in. This annoyed me a lot in AC3 and it seems it hasn't been fixed yet...
-Once the British frigate is disabled, the sails just suddenly disappear.
-Edward can fire the swivel gun multiple times without reloading.............

i hope they change the way the buttons look at the top right corner -_- i dont like them. ill probly just remove the hud while I play

It's pretty much the same as in the first four AC games.

AC2_alex
07-10-2013, 08:35 PM
They are so good at making a game seem like a 10 out of 10 prior to launch. I still can't make any judgments until I actually get my hands on the game, but I'm still excited.

The primary ptifall of annual release franchises is that the games all feel the same, but what I like about Ubisoft is that these AC games are all going in a different direction, which I appreciate.

poptartz20
07-10-2013, 08:41 PM
http://www.lolbrary.com/content/967/my-body-is-ready-41967.gif

Not only is this hilarious.. but this is how I feel as well. D*mn it. I wasn't trying to get get excited for this game but every time AC EVERY TIME.

Urgh. I wonder how the rest will be like -- Combat, stealth, etc. *holds back excitement again* I still wait. *slinks back into darkness*

And personally I love how Edward has Tattoos. :) That's a REAL PIRATE. haha.

pacmanate
07-10-2013, 08:42 PM
looks like 75 locations has been dummed down to 50

rupok2
07-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Still staying cautious. We all know how the ac3 demo's turned out, like 50% of the features here are subject to change or be removed.

Also it looks good as a pirate game but i am still skeptical about the "assassins creed" part of the game. I wonder how they will justify looting government ships and killing people for profit.

Aphex_Tim
07-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I wonder how they will justify looting government ships and killing people for profit.

Everyone who is not Edward is a Templar.
There, I justified it. :p

pacmanate
07-10-2013, 08:50 PM
The footage actually look really really good. I just hope that all those random things DO happen.

I honestly think they gave this to us now so they can show cities off at Comic Con and Gamescom.

LoyalACFan
07-10-2013, 08:51 PM

It was always 50 main locations, along with 75 playas/beaches.

Sushiglutton
07-10-2013, 08:52 PM

Pretty sure it has always been fifty locations. They talked about 75 sandbanks once.

It was always 50 main locations, along with 75 playas/beaches.

Damn you, you beat me by a second or two :(!

Sushiglutton
07-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Anyone else suprised Edward was on a rowboat for the harpooning? Seems like a dangerous way to hunt whales. Can't say I know anything about whale hunting though. I just assumed the harpoon would be fired from a cannon.

LoyalACFan
07-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Damn you, you beat me by a second or two :(!

:p

A few other unrelated things of note...

-the tats look BADASS. I wonder if they're purchasable upgrades, or they just added them to the default character model since the first gameplay trailer? He didn't have them in the diving bell scene in the reveal. Either way, I want them, so it doesn't really matter.

-how exactly does harpooning help you upgrade Edward? :confused: As far as I know, there's nothing involved with whale hunting that would relate to armor upgrades and such. I know upgrading doesn't have to make perfect sense in a video game, but harpooning just seems kinda out-of-the-blue. Unless you're hunting ambergris to trade with some blacksmith for special goods?

AC2_alex
07-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Anyone care to speculate on all the icons in the mini map?

http://i39.tinypic.com/xarmmp.png

xryanx28
07-10-2013, 09:06 PM
-how exactly does harpooning help you upgrade Edward? :confused: As far as I know, there's nothing involved with whale hunting that would relate to armor upgrades and such. I know upgrading doesn't have to make perfect sense in a video game, but harpooning just seems kinda out-of-the-blue. Unless you're hunting ambergris to trade with some blacksmith for special goods?

they said they're taking a page out of far cry 3s book for the upgrading edward part of the game so I guess this means you can use whale skin and bone to craft armor or maybe even holsters so you can have 4 guns? thats what im thinking

poptartz20
07-10-2013, 09:10 PM
I also enjoyed the new and improved menus... They don't seem as clunky, Also I'm loving the options in this as well when you capture a ship.

ProletariatPleb
07-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Black ship icon is probably Jackdaw. The wheel=harbour master or something similar, Music icon=shanty, chest icon=probably some small treasure, two identical=boats covered with big leaves?, the skull=bounty?, no idea about the floral icon, the triangle=memory shard-like thing we will collect I noticed one in earlier gameplay, some icons are overlapped and the one behind Edward's position is EDIT: the bribe guy.

Sushiglutton
07-10-2013, 09:12 PM

Rowboat = row-boat. Flower= pick flower to make poison. Note = get one of those songs for the crew. Rudder = upgrade Jackdaw. Ship at the bottom = Jackdaw. Skull = Group of pirates (faction). The michelin-man icon just below the Edward arrow is someone you can bribe, so it's like a town crier (odd I'm 100% sure they said the notoriety system was gone)... Chest = chest. The one to the north west looks like a bottle (XX), so I guess bar?

LoyalACFan
07-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Black ship icon is probably Jackdaw. The wheel=harbour master or something similar, Music icon=shanty, chest icon=probably some small treasure, two identical=boats covered with big leaves?, the skull=bounty?, no idea about the floral icon, the triangle=memory shard-like thing we will collect I noticed one in earlier gameplay, some icons are overlapped and the one behind Edward's position is EDIT: the bribe guy.

The floral icon is most likely a hire-able group of prostitutes. The courtesan icon was always a flower.

ProletariatPleb
07-10-2013, 09:17 PM
odd I'm 100% sure they said the notoriety system was gone
Come to think of it...yeahhhh........maybe they added a bounty system? And this guy basically says Edward wasn't here to bounty hunters? .....that's borderline plausible, lol

The floral icon is most likely a hire-able group of prostitutes. The courtesan icon was always a flower.
Or it's when Edward shows his true self, wears flowers all around, a pink skirt and flutters around a garden painting rainbows on trees.

Sushiglutton
07-10-2013, 09:23 PM

My argument against that is that the same icon can be seen at 3:43 when Edward is on his ship.

ProletariatPleb
07-10-2013, 09:25 PM
My argument against that is that the same icon can be seen at 3:43 when Edward is on his ship.
Ship wenches

Sushiglutton
07-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Ship wenches

Could be ;)

dxsxhxcx
07-10-2013, 09:37 PM
that "leather armor" Edward wears with his robes is awful, please Ubisoft give us the option to remove all of it..

Subject J80
07-10-2013, 09:40 PM
No sheaths or holster make it smelly. Kills the immersion!!!
When Edward was bending down to pick up the treasure...big magical hanging guns. STINKY. Momma spank!!
Some many icons everywhere on screen.........ZERO CREED!!!

Looks like Aassassin's Creed (Far Cry 3 Remix)

AherasSTRG
07-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Will my baby GTX 670 manage to play this marvel well at her 1080 little pixelites...?

ProletariatPleb
07-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Will my baby GTX 670 manage to play this marvel well at her 1080 little pixelites...?
Yeah ofcourse

AherasSTRG
07-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Yeah ofcourse
Thank you for the rapid answer my dear friend. I would also like to tell you that I like your ytube AC videos.

AC2_alex
07-10-2013, 09:46 PM
that "leather armor" Edward wears with his robes is awful, please Ubisoft give us the option to remove all of it..

I like it. :I

AherasSTRG
07-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Me too. Now, if we can also obtain a cape for Edward, like the one in promotional material, then my dream assassin would at last be created...

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 09:53 PM
:p

A few other unrelated things of note...

-the tats look BADASS. I wonder if they're purchasable upgrades, or they just added them to the default character model since the first gameplay trailer? He didn't have them in the diving bell scene in the reveal. Either way, I want them, so it doesn't really matter.

Tattoos would actually be a cool upgrade, especially if we got to choose which designs we want to use.

I can't say how harpooning will directly tie in to upgrading Edward. If I had to guess, I would say some sort of experience system which allows you to sell whale parts for more money and therefore gain better armor.

AC2_alex
07-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Me too. Now, if we can also obtain a cape for Edward, like the one in promotional material, then my dream assassin would at last be created...

<<Like this???
http://25.media.tumblr.com/c839d0c1509538cbbfbec3af9e6558bf/tumblr_mjdmk5SA4E1r4cihdo1_500.jpg
He looks so menacing and awesome, like he'd make a kick-*** movie villain or something. :D

Lass4r
07-10-2013, 09:56 PM
It was never 75. They may have said there are around 75 sandbanks or small islands.

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Do we have confirmation for the claim that there are 50+ main locations AND 75 sandbanks/small islands? I'm afraid it's going to turn out someone misunderstood something and it's actually 50 locations plus 25 islands.

pacmanate
07-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Do we have confirmation for the claim that there are 50+ main locations AND 75 sandbanks/small islands? I'm afraid it's going to turn out someone misunderstood something and it's actually 50 locations plus 25 islands.

I think its 50 locations, 25 islands. Just look at the map and count the islands.

LoyalACFan
07-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Tattoos would actually be a cool upgrade, especially if we got to choose which designs we want to use.

I can't say how harpooning will directly tie in to upgrading Edward. If I had to guess, I would say some sort of experience system which allows you to sell whale parts for more money and therefore gain better armor.

Yeah, I dunno how the tattoos will work, and why (if they're upgrades) we would feel the need to get them. That's the same thing I thought about GTAV's tattoos yesterday; I saw Trevor getting his torso all tatted up, and I was like "yeah, that's cool and all... But won't we be wearing a shirt for 99% of the game?"

But if Edward takes his shirt off every time he harpoons whales or dives so we could actually see them, it would be a cool customization feature.

AC2_alex
07-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Doesn't really matter how many locations there are. The world is going to be plenty big and diverse.

LoyalACFan
07-10-2013, 10:05 PM
I think its 50 locations, 25 islands. Just look at the map and count the islands.

If every one of those tiny white specks is an island, then yeah, I'd say there are 75 islands easily.

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 10:05 PM

Yeah, this was my thinking. I just don't want people getting all excited about there being 125 locations in the game and then screaming "omg false advertising!" when the game comes out.

The game director brags about the side of the entire map, but to me it actually looks kind of small. Like Brotherhood size. Maybe it's just because the icons look so big even when zoomed out.

BTW, anyone else notice the treasure hunting looks very similar to RDR? Like the map doesn't directly point you to the treasure's location, just gives you an estimate? I like that. Also, when Edward is swimming, there's an option for "stealth swim". In past games you could either swim normal speed or faster, never slow down. That's interesting.

dxsxhxcx
07-10-2013, 10:08 PM

it looks bulky, draws too much attention and those pieces in his arms are too big (my opinion, of course)

it would be nice have something like the cape Ezio wear in Cappadocia (hood included)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120111143130/assassinscreed/images/3/34/Escape_5.png

pacmanate
07-10-2013, 10:09 PM
If every one of those tiny white specks is an island, then yeah, I'd say there are 75 islands easily.

a sandbank is not an island

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 10:10 PM

As long as there's something to do or find there (like a collectable), personally I don't care if it's a full-blown island. Just as long as it's a meaningful location.

x___Luffy___x
07-10-2013, 10:14 PM
WOW visually it looks so amazing. what a beautiful world they have created.

cant wait to play this game... they wanted us to get lost in this Caribbean world , well consider me lost ubi :D

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 10:15 PM
More icons to guess about:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/JessKat/AC4Map_zps9168e63a.jpg

DarthEzio55
07-10-2013, 10:17 PM
wow, I felt that I'd never be excited about an AC again. But this just proved me wrong. I wonder if Ubisoft will learn from Infinity Ward, and make the Crabs move out of the way :p

DarthEzio55
07-10-2013, 10:17 PM
and is this PS3 or PS4, or are they running this on a pc with a ps controller?

LoyalACFan
07-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Yeah, this was my thinking. I just don't want people getting all excited about there being 125 locations in the game and then screaming "omg false advertising!" when the game comes out.

The game director brags about the side of the entire map, but to me it actually looks kind of small. Like Brotherhood size. Maybe it's just because the icons look so big even when zoomed out.

I don't think that's quite the whole map. If you pause the video when it's fully zoomed-out, it continues further into the top of the screen past where we can see. Plus, if each of those gigantic icons is a "location", there has to be more if there are really "more than 50." I counted 28 in the fully zoomed-out screen, and even after adding in the three major cities, all of which were confirmed as "locations", that still leaves 19 missing from the Caribbean map. I think there's still a pretty decent chunk of it we haven't seen yet.

BTW, anyone else notice the treasure hunting looks very similar to RDR? Like the map doesn't directly point you to the treasure's location, just gives you an estimate? I like that. Also, when Edward is swimming, there's an option for "stealth swim". In past games you could either swim normal speed or faster, never slow down. That's interesting.[/QUOTE]

DarthEzio55
07-10-2013, 10:20 PM
and did anyone catch that boat when edward arrived on treasure Island? seemed like a way to quickly fast travel back to your ship.

AC2_alex
07-10-2013, 10:22 PM

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/JessKat/AC4Map_zps9168e63a.jpg

If thats Cuba in the top-center, then why can't I find an icon for Havana? It seems like nothing is there.

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 10:27 PM
and did anyone catch that boat when edward arrived on treasure Island? seemed like a way to quickly fast travel back to your ship.

They are, that was confirmed in an interview somewhere.

Megas_Doux
07-10-2013, 10:28 PM
and is this PS3 or PS4, or are they running this on a pc with a ps controller?

PS4, most likely.

x___Luffy___x
07-10-2013, 10:29 PM

i think that they confirmed in an interview that we can fast travel to an island from jackdaw and back..

JarekKorczynski
07-10-2013, 10:33 PM
If thats Cuba in the top-center, then why can't I find an icon for Havana? It seems like nothing is there.

Apparently Edward is on his way to Havana in this video, he's in between missions. Maybe he needs to unlock a viewpoint in Havana for it becoming visible as a fast-travel icon on the map first?

dxsxhxcx
07-10-2013, 10:36 PM

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6769/c1bp.png a city with a random icon below (or next to it)?

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/980/yr2h.png a tomb?

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9761/z3v.png beach?

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/824/q9bo.png cave entrance?

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/750/40xp.png it looks like a hammer with the letter "R" next to it, a place to repair the Jackdaw maybe?

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9836/hft5.png underwater mission

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7418/xij4.png another city, maybe the Assassin icon is our hideout..

pacmanate
07-10-2013, 10:39 PM
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6769/c1bp.png a city with a random icon below (or next to it)?

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/750/40xp.png it looks like a hammer with the letter "R" next to it, a place to repair the Jackdaw maybe?

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/7418/xij4.png another city, maybe the Assassin icon is our hideout..

Maybe that last one is Nassau

Spider_Sith9
07-10-2013, 10:41 PM
There's two things that bother me.

+> WHERE ARE THE HOLSTERS!
+> Why the Viewpoint animation isn't alike AC3, this one look so poor...

Otherwise the game looks good, fluid, the environment are beautiful, brand new animation, that's nice. The water...OMG, so amazing and the animals. I really liked the abod of the ship, but I found it a bit easy to kill the Captain, those should be like Mini-Boss.

I concur. It's like they are making yet ANOTHER AC2 copy. I mean I understand the Assassination planning. But where are the investigations? I'm losing faith in Ubisoft yet again.

pacmanate
07-10-2013, 10:43 PM
I concur. It's like they are making yet ANOTHER AC2 copy. I mean I understand the Assassination planning. But where are the investigations? I'm losing faith in Ubisoft yet again.

Ey? This wasnt supposed to show of investigations :|

LoyalACFan
07-10-2013, 10:46 PM

That icon northwest of the N in North looks like it would be in roughly the right spot to be Havana, though the island itself is somewhat distorted. The real question is, where the hell is Kingston? There's nothing on the whole southern border of Jamaica.

amongthecreed
07-10-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm pretty happy with it in all. Sure, they could scrap a few things here and there...but the overall environment and ambience is fantastic. Also, they can't really cut the music, and what I'm hearing from Brian Tyler in this demo sounds awesome!!!

dxsxhxcx
07-10-2013, 10:52 PM

did they say investigations were back? and did you really thought they would make things as they used to be in AC1? IMO the closest we'll get from AC's roots is something like AC2, OK, this better than nothing (and certainly better than the route they took in AC3) but sometimes it angers me how they seem to simply pretend AC1 doesn't exist and ignore things AC1 did right, IMO the key to improve the core elements of this franchise is there but while they ignore AC1 like an unfaithful husband ignore his bastard son I doubt we'll see real improvements on this area... I hope they prove me wrong someday but at the moment this is my opinion..

AC2_alex
07-10-2013, 10:59 PM
did they say investigations were back?

No. All they said is they are trying to go back to their roots in AC1.

@Spider_Sith9 I don't know what you were expecting. :|

Rugterwyper32
07-10-2013, 11:00 PM
That icon northwest of the N in North looks like it would be in roughly the right spot to be Havana, though the island itself is somewhat distorted. The real question is, where the hell is Kingston? There's nothing on the whole southern border of Jamaica.

Maybe at the point of the game this demo's set in they haven't gone to Kingston yet?

Lass4r
07-10-2013, 11:00 PM
This has been confirmed yes. In several E3 interviews Ismael said there are around 75 small islands in addition to their 50 locations =)

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 11:03 PM

The cave is most likely a smuggler cave.

The palmtree could be an island (with something significant to do there).

The tomb icon looks like a Mayan temple. It could either point to a specific location (like the one in the demo) or a generic tomb.

The hammer + R is puzzling. It could be a repair shop as you say, or something else that requires money ("R" for "reale"). Maybe something to renovate?

luckyto
07-10-2013, 11:06 PM
The icons on the map with the multiple houses are cities. You can see one for Kingston and Havana. And there is an icon for the one up at Bermuda in the north, even though it is "off screen". Not sure what the single house icon means though.

I think it looks awesome. Can't wait to test it out.

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 11:07 PM
The icons on the map with the multiple houses are cities. You can see one for Kingston and Havana. And there is an icon for the one up at Bermuda in the north, even though it is "off screen". Not sure what the single house icon means though.

Village?

luckyto
07-10-2013, 11:08 PM

One, there hasn't been an AC2 copy since AC2. They've all been deviants of Brotherhood.

Two, there is no way you could possibly judge how close to AC1 it is from that trailer.

Three, there will be elements from every game (AC1 to AC3) in this game. Bet on it.

Dejan507
07-10-2013, 11:11 PM
I was sure I was going to buy AC4, but after seeing GTAV trailer, I'm afraid I only have money for one of the two and suddenly this doesn't look impressive

guardian_titan
07-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Looking at Googlemaps, that island shown on the map isn't Cuba. The shape just doesn't match up and people weren't THAT good at terraforming at the time to change entire coastlines. There's a cove on the northwest side of the island near where you'd think Havana would be and that's certainly not there on the real Cuba. The other 3 next largest islands also don't match up with Nueva Gerona, Jamaica, or the Cayman Islands. What might be Haiti and the coast line of the Yucatan also don't match up. So it's either not Cuba or Ubisoft is taking liberties with how the islands are shaped. Not sure what island it is. Looking at the Caribbean via Googlemaps and I can't find any that match up. Possible the map is zoomed in much further than we think and those are very small islands shown. Or the people who did the world building and mapping just decided to throw realism to the wind and figured close enough was good enough. :p If that's the case, maybe we only see certain areas on the map when we unlock them. Like we couldn't travel to New York in AC3 until we unlocked it. I know we access the entire Caribbean fairly early on in the game, but we don't know how early into the game that demo is. Or perhaps Havana was left off the map because it just wasn't part of the demo and they wanted to cut down the demo size.

Certainly liking the naval combat. I still think one of the Jackdaw's upgrades should be a lightning rod, though. The Randolph had one and I'm sure so did other ships. I'm pretty good with the naval combat in AC3 (got 100% sync for the entire game twice over), but dodging storms might become rather old after a while. Also still curious what happens if the Jackdaw's damaged beyond being able to participate in naval combat, but seeing how the harbormaster can be interacted with, guess we can just pay to repair there as well as use a captured ship for free repair.

Also not sure how whaling will upgrade Edward. Only thing I can think of is whale bones. I know they were popular in corsets at the time so possibly an armor upgrade for Edward, but beyond that, the only advantage I see is for trade, not upgrades. But guess if you trade, you get money to buy more upgrades. So a roundabout way to upgrade Edward.

Rugterwyper32
07-10-2013, 11:26 PM
^ Cuba actually has that shape in the Trove of Mystery maps and the such. They took liberties with it, chances are because it'd be too huge otherwise or something. But yeah, that's Cuba.

http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.c om/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/assassins-creed-4-map-wallpaper.jpg

GreySkellig
07-10-2013, 11:28 PM

50 full- on locations. (Temples, caverns, shipwrecks, towns, fishing villages, smugglers' coves, plantations, forts, and the 3 cities) + 75 "sandbanks/playas". These are all probably something along the line of the little sandbar we saw Edward take the map from, but they are all supposed to have some small thing to do. In all honesty, I'm not worried about the world being empty, but about it being too crowded. Granted, they may have been showing off in the demo, but I didn't notice any time when the Jackdaw was more than a few hundred yards from an island, playa, or other ship.

I don't think that's quite the whole map. If you pause the video when it's fully zoomed-out, it continues further into the top of the screen past where we can see. Plus, if each of those gigantic icons is a "location", there has to be more if there are really "more than 50." I counted 28 in the fully zoomed-out screen, and even after adding in the three major cities, all of which were confirmed as "locations", that still leaves 19 missing from the Caribbean map. I think there's still a pretty decent chunk of it we haven't seen yet.

I agree with you on this. A surprising number of write-ups I read from E3 and hands-off previews were shocked at how enormous the world was. I have to imagine it's larger. Plus, the "West Indies Sea" is labelled--why label it unless there is another body of water (the Gulf of Mexico) on the map. Furthermore, the southern tip of Florida has been repeatedly mentioned and depicted in promotional maps. And finally, if you look in the bottom right corner of the map, you can see a zoom slider--we only zoom out about 70-75% in the video.

No. All they said is they are trying to go back to their roots in AC1.

I think they are trying to get back to what they perceive as the best points about AC1. By far, the largest complaint about AC1 was that lots of people found the investigations boring and repetitive. I get the the consensus here on the forum among the anti-casual community is rather different, but I can't fault Ubi for deciding not to revive the single biggest knock against AC1. When Ubi talks about "getting back to AC1 roots" they have typically referred to the freedom in planning/executing assassinations and infiltrations, as opposed to the highly restrictive model of AC3..

LoyalACFan
07-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Looking at Googlemaps, that island shown on the map isn't Cuba. The shape just doesn't match up and people weren't THAT good at terraforming at the time to change entire coastlines. There's a cove on the northwest side of the island near where you'd think Havana would be and that's certainly not there on the real Cuba. The other 3 next largest islands also don't match up with Nueva Gerona, Jamaica, or the Cayman Islands. What might be Haiti and the coast line of the Yucatan also don't match up. So it's either not Cuba or Ubisoft is taking liberties with how the islands are shaped. Not sure what island it is. Looking at the Caribbean via Googlemaps and I can't find any that match up. Possible the map is zoomed in much further than we think and those are very small islands shown. Or the people who did the world building and mapping just decided to throw realism to the wind and figured close enough was good enough. :p If that's the case, maybe we only see certain areas on the map when we unlock them. Like we couldn't travel to New York in AC3 until we unlocked it. I know we access the entire Caribbean fairly early on in the game, but we don't know how early into the game that demo is. Or perhaps Havana was left off the map because it just wasn't part of the demo and they wanted to cut down the demo size.

Certainly liking the naval combat. I still think one of the Jackdaw's upgrades should be a lightning rod, though. The Randolph had one and I'm sure so did other ships. I'm pretty good with the naval combat in AC3 (got 100% sync for the entire game twice over), but dodging storms might become rather old after a while. Also still curious what happens if the Jackdaw's damaged beyond being able to participate in naval combat, but seeing how the harbormaster can be interacted with, guess we can just pay to repair there as well as use a captured ship for free repair.

Also not sure how whaling will upgrade Edward. Only thing I can think of is whale bones. I know they were popular in corsets at the time so possibly an armor upgrade for Edward, but beyond that, the only advantage I see is for trade, not upgrades. But guess if you trade, you get money to buy more upgrades. So a roundabout way to upgrade Edward.

I think they're just taking liberties with the map. Because I'm fairly certain they said you could dock at the major cities, so unless the map is a whole hell of a lot bigger than what they showed us (which I doubt) the major islands were in that image. Besides, Cuba is in kinda the right shape, and all of the surrounding large islands' locations would match up fairly well with Jamaica, Nuevo Gerona, and the Cayman Islands even if they're not the right shape, and the landmass to the west would be the Yucatan Peninsula/Belize.

Wolfmeister1010
07-10-2013, 11:45 PM
I am sold on exploration and free roam, but they still haven't showed stealth, AI, or combat. Can't wait for havana demo, but still skeptical

GreySkellig
07-10-2013, 11:48 PM
I am sold on exploration and free roam, but they still haven't showed stealth, AI, or combat. Can't wait for havana demo, but still skeptical

I'm with you here. I expect it will be be in the Havana demo. I'm excited to see the allegedly more difficult combat/AI-manipulating-stealth

OSantaClownO
07-10-2013, 11:49 PM
dat animations.

ArabianFrost
07-10-2013, 11:54 PM
I like how the camera wobbles when he runs. Gives it that extra "zing". I would love to see the Havana demo, but that's probably due for Gamescom. I also like how the game has so much to do, they couldn't possibly cram it into one trailer. Moreover, kudos for focusing on on thing, the exploration, rather than horribly squeeze it into one unsatisfying trailer. The guys in the trailer-making department learnt their lessons well.

Dosenwabe
07-11-2013, 12:04 AM
I wish I could enjoy this too, Ubisuck!

Jexx21
07-11-2013, 12:45 AM
One, there hasn't been an AC2 copy since AC2. They've all been deviants of Brotherhood.

Two, there is no way you could possibly judge how close to AC1 it is from that trailer.

Three, there will be elements from every game (AC1 to AC3) in this game. Bet on it.

AC3 was definitely not a deviant of Brotherhood...

And I would call Brotherhood and Revelations copies of AC2 with some new features.

Wolfmeister1010
07-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Does anyone know if the gameplay was ps3 or ps4?

lightlamp
07-11-2013, 01:08 AM
So what's up with all the British having English flags now?

Jexx21
07-11-2013, 01:38 AM
it was probably PC.

Legendz54
07-11-2013, 02:34 AM
Man they surprise me every time, seems like a game that will keep me very occupied with many fun things to do, very happy with what I have seen, all I want is to see cities now.

Cornik22
07-11-2013, 02:50 AM

Right, that was an epic fail. If it makes you feel better, the spanish flag is also wrong. They should use the Cross of Burgundy or Philip's bourbonic flag instead of the red-yellow-red version that was implemented in 1785. Being spanish and a history lover, I consider that an insult (but the game will be awesome, anyway :p)

Wolfmeister1010
07-11-2013, 03:02 AM
it was probably PC.

I guess if they somehow used a playstation controller for a PC....

DarthEzio55
07-11-2013, 03:15 AM
I guess if they somehow used a playstation controller for a PC....
if they used motionjoy or some other program its possible.

lightlamp
07-11-2013, 03:18 AM
Right, that was an epic fail. If it makes you feel better, the spanish flag is also wrong. They should use the Cross of Burgundy or Philip's bourbonic flag instead of the red-yellow-red version that was implemented in 1785. Being spanish and a history lover, I consider that an insult (but the game will be awesome, anyway :p)
Yeah. Its pretty crazy how they can get historical things even as simple as flags so wrong. AC games are supposed to be about historical events. Then again it was the same in AC3

Assassin_M
07-11-2013, 03:18 AM
if they used motionjoy or some other program its possible.
I think Motionjoy is offline now

monster_rambo
07-11-2013, 04:00 AM
I wonder what hunting will be like. There doesn't seem to be a command prompt that lets you assasinate the Iguna and is probably a good thing removing all the QTEs. I really hope the world is truly seamless and there is plenty to explore and do. Unfortunately, my heart is on other games right now but this looks really great and the Carribean is a thousand times better than the Frontier. I'm not really digging too much into the pirate simulator but meh.

AC2_alex
07-11-2013, 04:07 AM
I wonder what hunting will be like. There doesn't seem to be a command prompt that lets you assasinate the Iguna and is probably a good thing removing all the QTEs.

God, I hope there's no more QTEs. It was so lackluster fighting bears and wolves in AC3. It really discouraged me from hunting at all. The only hunting I enjoyed was trailing from the trees and jumping down, just like any other stealth assassination of an actual person.

monster_rambo
07-11-2013, 04:14 AM
God, I hope there's no more QTEs. It was so lackluster fighting bears and wolves in AC3. It really discouraged me from hunting at all. The only hunting I enjoyed was trailing from the trees and jumping down, just like any other stealth assassination of an actual person.

But seriously, apart from the secondary missions such as hunting that bobcat, all the animals are ****ing oblivious when you hang from a tree. Is absolutely ridiculous. We need to remove all the QTEs and that includes combat. At least now, the world is focusing on exploration and stuff we actually want to do unlike checkers which I can play with a better AI on my computer.But it is a tough year: you have so many great games: GTAV, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist, The Last of Us coming out this year and to be honest, if ACIV was actually ACIII instead, I would have bought it. I'm growing too fatigue and is at such a bad time to release ACIV when you have much better games out there. Anyone here to lend me some money to buy games?

AC2_alex
07-11-2013, 04:24 AM
I'm growing too fatigue and is at such a bad time to release ACIV when you have much better games out there. Anyone here to lend me some money to buy games?

Who's to say AC4 won't be as good as those games? Well, actually, when it's all said and done, Watch Dogs, GTA.... yadda yadda yadda.... will probably be better than Black Flag. But STILL, this game does look promising. I'd really advise you to set aside some money and give it a chance. I think this game will finally be a great AC game. Not a passable game, like an 8 or an 8.5, but a truly great game.

I dunno, I really am fond of AC. :|

mhg87
07-11-2013, 04:28 AM

The map is clearly stylized to look like a map from the 1700s, that explains between the discrepancies between the map and the actual islands.

Jexx21
07-11-2013, 04:30 AM
Am I the only person who really doesn't care about GTA V? Maybe it's because I never played a GTA or Rockstar game.

monster_rambo
07-11-2013, 04:39 AM
Who's to say AC4 won't be as good as those games? Well, actually, when it's all said and done, Watch Dogs, GTA.... yadda yadda yadda.... will probably be better than Black Flag. But STILL, this game does look promising. I'd really advise you to set aside some money and give it a chance. I think this game will finally be a great AC game. Not a passable game, like an 8 or an 8.5, but a truly great game.

I dunno, I really am fond of AC. :|

I've played all of them. I think I would wait 1 or 2 years, actually I don't really care too much about this series since Brotherhood but if I have some more money, I would consider giving this a chance. But I'm not too much of a big fan of a pirate simulator. I liked the naval combat but it should be focus on Assassin's "Creed". Something that kind of went missing in ACIII. But the Frontier is living up to its expectation.

Wolfmeister1010
07-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Am I the only person who really doesn't care about GTA V? Maybe it's because I never played a GTA or Rockstar game.

I think gta is a great game. Overrated? Yes. Fun? Yes. Rockstar always delivers on its promises in games, so it is understandable that people are more excited for their game than a ubisoft game. However, I don't like when people are so quick to masturbate to a one game and put down another when neither are even out yet. Lets all just wait and see what happens.

GreySkellig
07-11-2013, 04:42 AM

I've played through GTA IV & RDR (in some ways a western take on the GTA concept) and I get the appeal--RDR is one of my favorite games--but it just doesn't capture me the same way in GTA. I won't be buying GTA V.

monster_rambo
07-11-2013, 04:43 AM
I think gta is a great game. Overrated? Yes. Fun? Yes. Rockstar always delivers on its promises in games, so it is understandable that people are more excited for their game than a ubisoft game.

Not really overrated. It is a full blown open world gameplay. Actual open world underwater, and you can play tennis, invest in stocks, parachute, it is essentially the ultimate experience. I'm glad that it is much better than GTAIV. And you know why it is good, is because it is not released annually. Thank god for that.

AC2_alex
07-11-2013, 04:45 AM

I'm in the same boat, but I have watched let's plays of various R* games from GTA to RDR to LA Noire. VERY good games. They deserve the hype, trust me. They are very talented at drawing inspiration from cinema and making amazing open worlds.

Wolfmeister1010
07-11-2013, 04:45 AM
Not really overrated. It is a full blown open world gameplay. Actual open world underwater, and you can play tennis, invest in stocks, parachute, it is essentially the ultimate experience. I'm glad that it is much better than GTAIV. And you know why it is good, is because it is not released annually. Thank god for that.

Well, that is my point. I don't want to play tennis, golf, or invest in ****ing STOCKS in a grand theft auto game. I am sure that it will be great, but when it comes down its features, I couldn't care less about half of them.im looking for a violent car chasing bank robbery game...not a business and lifestyle simulation.... If that is your cup of tea, and you consider that the "ultimate open world experience"....then I politely disagree.

By the way, you don't know that it will be better than gta 4. Granted, it is likely, but still not certain.

AC2_alex
07-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Well, that is my point. I don't want to play tennis, golf, or invest in ****ing STOCKS in a grand theft auto game. I am sure that it will be great, but when it comes down its features, I couldn't care less about half of them.im looking for a violent car chasing bank robbery game...not a business and lifestyle simulation....

By the way, you don't know that it will be better than gta 4. Granted, it is likely, but still not certain.

But the mere fact that this peripheral stuff is even in there just shows how much time and depth they're putting into the game. Plus, something that GTA has that AC doesn't is online free roam. When you stop and think how awesome online free roam would be in an AC game, you realize how much its missing out.

monster_rambo
07-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Well, that is my point. I don't want to play tennis, golf, or invest in ****ing STOCKS in a grand theft auto game. I am sure that it will be great, but when it comes down its features, I couldn't care less about half of them.im looking for a violent car chasing bank robbery game...not a business and lifestyle simulation.... If that is your cup of tea, and you consider that the "ultimate open world experience"....then I politely disagree.

And this is exactly what you will get. Want a violent bank robbery? Check. Plan out how to execute your missions? Check. 3 playable characters? Check. You don't like any of the other activities you can dwelve in, that is perfectly fine because the core is still there and it is so much better. Can't see why you are complaining?

monster_rambo
07-11-2013, 04:52 AM
But the mere fact that this peripheral stuff is even in there just shows how much time and depth they're putting into the game. Plus, something that GTA has that AC doesn't is online free roam. When you stop and think how awesome online free roam would be in an AC game, you realize how much its missing out.

Give these guys a break. They have a short development time to work with and thanks to our wonderful CEO Yves, we can have Assassin's Creed for every year. Hooray, please shut up and take my money.

Wolfmeister1010
07-11-2013, 04:56 AM

Gta has the advantage of being a modern day game, where there is way more stuff to do than in the 1700s. I AC4 will have all the things you can do as a Caribbean assassin. There aren't sports to play, or planes to fly. I can't think of any more side activities to put into the ac4 world that haven't a,ready been said to be included.

Also, gta online works because you fight with guns. That means that who you kill and who kills you is completely relied on skill. An online open world AC would not work because if you engaged in combat, both sides would just keep countering and countering and countering. It would not be fun. Other than that, you can assassinate people, but that already exists in the form of multiplayer.

While gta does take more time with the details, it has a huge advantage by taking place in a much more connected and busy world filled with tons more activities.

One thing that would be awesome is multiplayer naval battles. That would. be sweet.

Wolfmeister1010
07-11-2013, 04:58 AM
And this is exactly what you will get. Want a violent bank robbery? Check. Plan out how to execute your missions? Check. 3 playable characters? Check. You don't like any of the other activities you can dwelve in, that is perfectly fine because the core is still there and it is so much better. Can't see why you are complaining?

You prove my point. When everyone says that gta is better, they include the argument That it is better
BECAUSE of all the extra activities that dont matter. also, it MIGHT be better. And I am not complaining. It is called an OPINION.

Again, I suggest we just wait and see.
I don't want to fight. Gta is in my top 5 favorite franchises. But I do think that it is a little bit overrated. Sue me

AC2_alex
07-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Also, gta online works because you fight with guns. That means that who you kill and who kills you is completely relied on skill. An online open world AC would not work because if you engaged in combat, both sides would just keep countering and countering and countering. It would not be fun. Other than that, you can assassinate people, but that already exists in the form of multiplayer.

Obviously, you're missing the point of why GTA online is so awesome. Its about exploring with your friends.

Wolfmeister1010
07-11-2013, 05:08 AM
Obviously, you're missing the point of why GTA online is so awesome. Its about exploring with your friends.

Good point my worthy opponent

Jexx21
07-11-2013, 06:11 AM
I don't feel like that would work with Assassin's Creed, and it honestly doesn't sound appealing to me in a game like GTA either..

ArabianFrost
07-11-2013, 06:19 AM
I don't feel like that would work with Assassin's Creed, and it honestly doesn't sound appealing to me in a game like GTA either..
Messing around with people in a freely open world is pretty much one of the epitomes of fun.You're talking about that, right?

ArabianFrost
07-11-2013, 06:26 AM
But I do think that it is a little bit overrated

Agreed. GTA never seemed overly-innovative. It's not generally revolutionary in terms of new features, but it hits every nail on the head, which in itself is a revolution on its own. Even if AC is released annually, I feel the atmosphere and the setting are quite more different between games, in comparison to GTA.

Spider_Sith9
07-11-2013, 06:54 AM
50 full- on locations. (Temples, caverns, shipwrecks, towns, fishing villages, smugglers' coves, plantations, forts, and the 3 cities) + 75 "sandbanks/playas". These are all probably something along the line of the little sandbar we saw Edward take the map from, but they are all supposed to have some small thing to do. In all honesty, I'm not worried about the world being empty, but about it being too crowded. Granted, they may have been showing off in the demo, but I didn't notice any time when the Jackdaw was more than a few hundred yards from an island, playa, or other ship.

I agree with you on this. A surprising number of write-ups I read from E3 and hands-off previews were shocked at how enormous the world was. I have to imagine it's larger. Plus, the "West Indies Sea" is labelled--why label it unless there is another body of water (the Gulf of Mexico) on the map. Furthermore, the southern tip of Florida has been repeatedly mentioned and depicted in promotional maps. And finally, if you look in the bottom right corner of the map, you can see a zoom slider--we only zoom out about 70-75% in the video.

I think they are trying to get back to what they perceive as the best points about AC1. By far, the largest complaint about AC1 was that lots of people found the investigations boring and repetitive. I get the the consensus here on the forum among the anti-casual community is rather different, but I can't fault Ubi for deciding not to revive the single biggest knock against AC1. When Ubi talks about "getting back to AC1 roots" they have typically referred to the freedom in planning/executing assassinations and infiltrations, as opposed to the highly restrictive model of AC3..

If that was the case, then what was the point of the Civil Unrest mission in TOKW. It was pretty much an evolution of it. Get halfway on the meter, attend Washington's Speech, Finish meter.

AherasSTRG
07-11-2013, 07:49 AM
I don't care either. When I was younger, all right, but now I am bored of them.

Aphex_Tim
07-11-2013, 07:56 AM
I don't care a whole lot for GTA5 either. It looks good; pretty fun and I'll probably be getting it a couple of months after release.
What I really don't like however is how everyone is acting like GTA5 is the second coming of Christ. When that gameplay video was released, all I could see on my facebook wall for the rest of the day was people blowing their loads over how GTA5 is supposed to change our lives forever and revolutionize gaming. If I have to believe them, life will never be the same ever again once the Holy GTA5 has been released....
That's what annoys me most about it!

ProletariatPleb
07-11-2013, 08:21 AM
This is an AC thread, can we not talk about GTA anymore?

Spider_Sith9
07-11-2013, 08:27 AM
I don't care a whole lot for GTA5 either. It looks good; pretty fun and I'll probably be getting it a couple of months after release.
What I really don't like however is how everyone is acting like GTA5 is the second coming of Christ. When that gameplay video was released, all I could see on my facebook wall for the rest of the day was people blowing their loads over how GTA5 is supposed to change our lives forever and revolutionize gaming. If I have to believe them, life will never be the same ever again once the Holy GTA5 has been released....
That's what annoys me most about it!Even Hideo Kojima is impressed and he's was the former holder of the ultimate video game.

It's GTA V. The game everyone knows will be GOTY and people love R* like their sister.

Also, what about what I said? WHERE ARE MY INVESTIGATIONS?!!?!!?! They better show a legit mission.

kosmoscreed
07-11-2013, 09:24 AM
I don't like how the trailer was edited but is a really nice trailer. Can't wait to get the game.

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 10:19 AM
At the end they said they will show Havana "Soon".

Im guessing ComicCon because Ashraf said on his Twitter they are showing stuff there, so thats just my guess.

lothario-da-be
07-11-2013, 10:59 AM
At the end they said they will show Havana "Soon".

Im guessing ComicCon because Ashraf said on his Twitter they are showing stuff there, so thats just my guess.
Thats only 7 days! :)

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 11:19 AM

Yup! Also read the first 5 :) - https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/355047769515360256

"How about a great story and great gameplay! We offer you nothing less! :)"

I actually have hope for AC4. This guy seems to know what to do with the game.

lothario-da-be
07-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Yup! Also read the first 5 :) - https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/355047769515360256

"How about a great story and great gameplay! We offer you nothing less! :)"

I actually have hope for AC4. This guy seems to know what to do with the game.
Nice! Ashraf is such a cool guy, he indeed seems to know what he is doing. I hope he doesn't let us down, like Hutchingsun, i liked him before ac3, but ,now not anymore.

BATISTABUS
07-11-2013, 12:39 PM
That trailer blew my mind...I'm so hyped for this game.

Just wanted to stop by and say that. For anyone wondering where I've been recently, I'm staying in Acre for the month. I'll make a thread with more details when I get back!

Moultonborough
07-11-2013, 12:41 PM

This. Wanna discuss GTA, please go to off topic.

So is PAX AU. Ubisoft is going to both. Either case it will come from one or the other.

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 12:50 PM
This. Wanna discuss GTA, please go to off topic.

Please dont.

x___Luffy___x
07-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Please dont.

:)

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 01:24 PM
:)

What are you smiling about :mad:

x___Luffy___x
07-11-2013, 01:55 PM
What are you smiling about :mad:

about what happened to that thread :D

I-Like-Pie45
07-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Nice! Ashraf is such a cool guy, he indeed seems to know what he is doing. I hope he doesn't let us down, like Hutchingsun, i liked him before ac3, but ,now not anymore.

Keep in mind Hutchinson wanted more time for AC3. But someone didn't give it to him.

But then again, even with extra months, given the state of the game at release date, maybe AC3 was dead on arrival.

But either way, I'm just going to have to live with the reality that AC3 was a less than it could have been game that became a beta test for a better game called AC4.

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Keep in mind Hutchinson wanted more time for AC3. But someone didn't give it to him.

But then again, even with extra months, given the state of the game at release date, maybe AC3 was dead on arrival.

But either way, I'm just going to have to live with the reality that AC3 was a less than it could have been game that became a beta test for a better game called AC4.

They had 3 years. 3 years is a long time. AC3 looked like it had probably 2 at best. Nothing was innovative.

luckyto
07-11-2013, 04:06 PM
AC3 was definitely not a deviant of Brotherhood...

And I would call Brotherhood and Revelations copies of AC2 with some new features.

Chain-killing, Borgia Towers and recruits very much changed the game.

AC3 had Borgia Towers (forts). It had recruits. It had chain-killing.

And yes, GTA ... meh. GTA IV had the clunkiest controls ever. Maybe this will be better, but in general, Bleh.

A few more months would have really fixed that game TBH. AC3 was brimming with possibilities, and has a lot of good systems in it. It needed polished and finished. It's really underrated IMO.

They had 3 years. 3 years is a long time. AC3 looked like it had probably 2 at best. Nothing was innovative.

They didn't have 3 years, despite what they say. They spend over a year in pre-production (brainstorming), one year with limited resources and only one full year with dedicated resources. Ubisoft wouldn't have been able to turn over most of those teams until after Revelations. Three years is a fat stretch of a half-truth.

AherasSTRG
07-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Does anyone remember when the PC release date was announced for AC3?

poptartz20
07-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Does anyone remember when the PC release date was announced for AC3?

wasn't it mid to late november wasn't it? around the 18-25th ish.

Jexx21
07-11-2013, 05:38 PM
I think that Hutchinson was a good creative director, the game was amazing, it just needed more time for polish.

Ismail has a great public face though.

AherasSTRG
07-11-2013, 05:54 PM
wasn't it mid to late november wasn't it? around the 18-25th ish.
No, no, no, no. I do not mean that :) . I know the game was launched for the PC on the 23rd of November. I was asking when they announced that the game was going to be released on the 23rd.

EDIT: found it. It was announced on the 10th of August.

poptartz20
07-11-2013, 06:03 PM
No, no, no, no. I do not mean that :) . I know the game was launched for the PC on the 23rd of November. I was asking when they announced that the game was going to be released on the 23rd.

EDIT: found it. It was announced on the 10th of August.

Ahh... sorry! :D I misunderstood Glad you found it!

pacmanate
07-11-2013, 06:07 PM
I think that Hutchinson was a good creative director, the game was amazing, it just needed more time for polish.

He does have a great face

ArabianFrost
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM

He has one glorious beard, that man. His beard is my role model for beards for the next 10 years. Seriously though, he comes off very genuine and passionate of his game, which is awesome in my books and precedent for a great game. His voice in the commentaries though, man his voice is like a mix between someone stripped of his soul and a 1000 soothing angels chanting as they rest at my shoulder. He' usually sounds normal in interviews, but in commentaries, he basicslly sounds like Connor.

Rugterwyper32
07-11-2013, 06:44 PM
A few more months would have really fixed that game TBH. AC3 was brimming with possibilities, and has a lot of good systems in it. It needed polished and finished. It's really underrated IMO.

They didn't have 3 years, despite what they say. They spend over a year in pre-production (brainstorming), one year with limited resources and only one full year with dedicated resources. Ubisoft wouldn't have been able to turn over most of those teams until after Revelations. Three years is a fat stretch of a half-truth.

Admittedly, I think a few more months would have really, really helped. My guess is they had fully worked up to sequence 6 and had the Bunker Hill part of Sequence 7 done by the time E3 rolled in. If you think about it, there's nothing in terms of design about those sequences that feels half-done except for how Sequence 2 sends you around from place to place. I'm thinking they had the Great Fire of New York done by the time, too. But then I can imagine them in a room having just realized not everything will fit and not everything will work. So the last few sequences are relatively rushed (they have the basic idea but not much done) and they have to start cutting out stuff. See, I think Sequence 8 is a pretty bad into to New York. In fact, I don't think it was meant to be. The way they talk about it, you could swear Connor had gone to New York from before Sequence 8, when that's in fact not true. Not only that, but we see how winter is rather underused, which would have worked with the Frontier perfectly for events like crossing the Delaware and the Battle of Trenton (which were mentioned, but clearly cut out). I remember a trailer that showed New York on fire and a battle in the middle of winter, something we did not see in the final version.

I really think a few more months would have helped them optimize stuff and finish what they needed to.

Jexx21
07-11-2013, 06:47 PM
But that December 21st date.

luckyto
07-11-2013, 06:50 PM
He has one glorious beard, that man. His beard is my role model for beards for the next 10 years. Seriously though, he comes off very genuine and passionate of his game, which is awesome in my books and precedent for a great game. His voice in the commentaries though, man his voice is like a mix between someone stripped of his soul and a 1000 soothing angels chanting as they rest at my shoulder. He' usually sounds normal in interviews, but in commentaries, he basicslly sounds like Connor.

A couple of my good friends and clanmates were lucky enough to meet him at E3 at the UbiLounge. They saw the SP demos (and some unseen) and got to play MP. But the highlight was talking with Ismail for about 30 minutes personally. He not only chatted with them, but he made it a point to circle back around later and visit with them some more. They were VERY impressed with him.

Their personal impressions is that he is a very genuine person, and he is really very passionate about the game and focused on making an Assassin's Creed game that fans will love. He seemed to really get it. He also talked about them cutting any mechanics or systems out that don't work well ---- and that's polish. Both of my friends are very good at reading people, and so, I was more stoked to hear their first hand impressions than anything that has officially come out of Ubisoft.

I think he has really high hopes for AC4, and I do too. If he's allowed to make the game he wants, I think it will be a fantastic game.

Rugterwyper32
07-11-2013, 06:53 PM
But that December 21st date.

They got a deadline for themselves. Too bad about that, really. I see two things that would have let them optimize and add the things they needed:

1) Give them a few more months, disregard the December 21 hype. Wouldn't have really worked
2) Keep Brotherhood as DLC and Revelations as the 3DS game Lost Legacy. If Revelations was made, turn it into a Haytham game (wouldn't the "You are a templar" have been a Revelation oh man).

I think either of those two options would have been good for them. More time to finish adding what they needed. I love AC3, but I really wanted to see the Great Fire of New York or crossing the Delaware and the Battle of Trenton. Heck, more winter sequences would have been nice.

But alas, that's not what happened. Still like the game though. Just wish they had managed to keep that up. I was so mad seeing how Johann Rall was relegated to being an off-screen target for your recruits rather than a cool on-screen target, but oh well.

ArabianFrost
07-11-2013, 07:15 PM
A couple of my good friends and clanmates were lucky enough to meet him at E3 at the UbiLounge. They saw the SP demos (and some unseen) and got to play MP. But the highlight was talking with Ismail for about 30 minutes personally. He not only chatted with them, but he made it a point to circle back around later and visit with them some more. They were VERY impressed with him.

Their personal impressions is that he is a very genuine person, and he is really very passionate about the game and focused on making an Assassin's Creed game that fans will love. He seemed to really get it. He also talked about them cutting any mechanics or systems out that don't work well ---- and that's polish. Both of my friends are very good at reading people, and so, I was more stoked to hear their first hand impressions than anything that has officially come out of Ubisoft.

I think he has really high hopes for AC4, and I do too. If he's allowed to make the game he wants, I think it will be a fantastic game.

That's reassuring. Thanks for pointing out that to us. I know some people here are cautious and doubtful of anything in the AC4 marketing, but I hope this instills some faith into some people. AC4 can be all that and more. You never know if it would become the best game in the series.

A man who understands the core pillars, you say? I hope he's the next Patrice of the series. Apart from AC, he seems to be very passionate about the games he makes and he has a bright future infront of him. Go on Ashraf!

Jexx21
07-11-2013, 07:19 PM
*twitch, twitch*

Each AC game has been better than the last one. And dang.. that Patrice comment.

Look, I appreciate the work Patrice did, but I would think that you should honor the development studio as a whole rather than just the creative director.

ArabianFrost
07-11-2013, 07:31 PM
*twitch, twitch*

Each AC game has been better than the last one. And dang.. that Patrice comment.

Look, I appreciate the work Patrice did, but I would think that you should honor the development studio as a whole rather than just the creative director.

lol. I just put that to fish you out. Just a joke. Lighten up. The rest of my comment is not a joke though. I don't agree with the games improving in all regards, or at least the most important ones, but they did improve upon some things, albeit some of these improvements being quite menial imo. I don't mean to be rude or anything. My apologies if I seemed offensive.

Jexx21
07-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Oh, no. I had a feeling it was similar to that, you did it before.

No, I think that each Assassin's Creed has improved upon the previous in general, although each game has taken steps back as well.

AC2 improved upon the combat, the cinematics, the side missions (although some didn't make sense for Ezio to be doing), but got worse in the graphics department and the character development wasn't the best, along with the plot being a little generic and becoming more black and white rather than having a moral ambiguity.

ACB both improved combat and lessened it. It added chain kills, which made the combat flow better and look better, but they removed heavy and light attacks. The Brotherhood mechanic was introduced which was pretty awesome. The plot became more black and white, but had better character development which made me happy, although some moments in it were absolutely ridiculous. I actually enjoyed the city of Rome and the aspect of having really only one city to care about was sort of nice. Graphics were greatly improved, and they finally got rid of that ghastly colored tint to the cities.Brotherhood also greatly improved upon the side missions, with each one making sense for Ezio to be doing while also providing a small side plot.

ACR kept the same combat, but improved the Brotherhood system and added the hook blade for an easier way of traversal. Constantinople was an amazing city, and while the graphics were generally the same as Brotherhood, there was more detail on the character models. The plot became a lot more morally ambiguous, as Ezio broke a tenet of the creed, and there didn't seem to be a huge divide between the Ottomans and the Byzantines in terms of over all goal besides the Byzantines being supported by the Templars. But this game was lacking in the side missions department, which didn't hamper the game to make it worse than Brotherhood for me, but was disappointing. The opportunity to play as Altair again was also pretty cool.

AC3 rehauled most of the combat mechanics, but still featured chain kills, which was nice. Combat was harder than previous entries (besides AC1), but I was still missing the heavy and light attack options. Free-running required only one button to be held down now, which was nice, but I found that I thought that it was too automated. I want to be doing the ledge jump on my own, not having the game do it for me. Hunting and Naval was added, and they were great additions. The Boston Brawlers, Hunting Society, and Frontiersmen had great side quests, and pertained to Connor, I just wish that they were introduced to Connor like how the side missions were introduced to Ezio in AC2, ACB, and even ACR (what side missions there were for Ezio, they were all introduced to him). I also wish that all of the weapons were introduced to Connor, such as the smoke bomb, tripwire bomb, and poison darts. The characters and plot were the best in the series in terms of complexity, and by the end you wondered how much of the killing was really needed, and whether or not Connor did the right thing. Mission design absolutely feel flat though and I felt as if some of the side content (challenges, most of the crafting, assassinations, pick up quests, mail man quests) were absolutely not needed. Especially the return of the AC2 style mail man quests.

But over all, I feel like the pros outweighed the cons for each game and that each game was better than the predecessor.

lothario-da-be
07-11-2013, 08:03 PM
They didn't have 3 years, despite what they say. They spend over a year in pre-production (brainstorming), one year with limited resources and only one full year with dedicated resources. Ubisoft wouldn't have been able to turn over most of those teams until after Revelations. Three years is a fat stretch of a half-truth.Does that mean ac4 has almost the same development time as ac3?

luckyto
07-11-2013, 08:20 PM
AC4 really has the potential to be as good as AC2 or AC1, and possibly the best of the series.

A few reasons why that I see:

Edward is a "cool" protagonist. He's not a purely good character, which makes for more interesting story. He is more rogueish - like Ezio in his younger days - and that tends to make more likable characters (Han Solo.)
Naval combat and piloting was easily the best mechanic introduced into AC3, and will be immensely fun when you can go where ever you want.
ACIV will be able to leverage assets from AC3 and Far Cry 3; which may make the one year turn-around time doable for the first time since Ubisoft began yearly releases.
Colonial America (America, in general) is a boring environment. As big as the maps were (finally!), everything was too similar. Havana, Kingston and Nassau are very exotic and each one has a completely unique architecture and style. Even the natural world of the Carribean is more intriguing than New England forest. Black Flag's world promises to be the best since AC2.
Combat in AC3 was closer to AC1 than it's two predecessors and had a lot of Batman Arkham influence. If they continue that trend, then it could be a really good system. Especially having no medicine.
Borgia Towers (forts) have increasingly improved since Brotherhood, and they return to this game. They offer the player freedom to tackle them however he wants and are extremely fun --- the only problem is that once captured, you can't play them again. (It would be great if they could be "lost" and you would have to recapture them every so often.)

It also has to overcome some big hurdles which truly sucked in AC3:

Once you are forced to run for your life, you have to be able to get away. Hiding spots were hard to find, new guards took chase and you could barely break line of sight. Chases in AC1 were one the strengths of the franchise, and for Black Flag to excel, it has to master that formula of when too much chase is bad and not enough chase is easy and no chase is no fun.
You need to feel like your character grows - as a fighter in skill and strength and endurance.
Side missions (i.e. delivery requests) which suck.
Menu systems which are intuitive and easy to use. Frankly, every menu system from the weapon wheel to the map to assassination recruits and to commerce (especially commerce and crafting) to the options screens were HORRENDOUS in AC3.
End strong. Most important. They just have to finish. They can't cut development on the last two sequences. The ending of AC3 was not finished. And it left a terrible taste in people's mouth. There is so much good in that game which will always be overshadowed by those last two sequences. A shame.

luckyto
07-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Does that mean ac4 has almost the same development time as ac3?

Yes. The key difference is that AC4 will be able to leverage about 9 months of development from other games.

lothario-da-be
07-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Yes. The key difference is that AC4 will be able to leverage about 9 months of development from other games.
Hmmm and the anvillnext is already developped too, that gives ac4 some serious advantages.

luckyto
07-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Hmmm and the anvillnext is already developped too, that gives ac4 some serious advantages.

Yep. It's probably the biggest advantage that it has. And it's a very big advantage over the last three installments.

x___Luffy___x
07-11-2013, 08:35 PM
@ lothario-da-be
nice sig...

Rugterwyper32
07-11-2013, 08:41 PM
AC4 really has the potential to be as good as AC2 or AC1, and possibly the best of the series.

A few reasons why that I see:

Combat in AC3 was closer to AC1 than it's two predecessors and had a lot of Batman Arkham influence. If they continue that trend, then it could be a really good system. Especially having no medicine.
Borgia Towers (forts) have increasingly improved since Brotherhood, and they return to this game. They offer the player freedom to tackle them however he wants and are extremely fun --- the only problem is that once captured, you can't play them again. (It would be great if they could be "lost" and you would have to recapture them every so often.)

I want to address this two in particular. If they keep improving combat, we could finally see combat difficulty. The main difficulty killer in recent AC games is the kill streak, but they've tried making it so it can be broken more often. However, I feel that if they remove the "kill" part unless it's for weaker enemy archetypes, and we could have more going. They did do that to a degree, but they're not quite there yet.
As for forts, didn't they mention plantations? I think those we can redo over and over, so there's that. Fun times.

Spider_Sith9
07-11-2013, 08:57 PM
I want to address this two in particular. If they keep improving combat, we could finally see combat difficulty. The main difficulty killer in recent AC games is the kill streak, but they've tried making it so it can be broken more often. However, I feel that if they remove the "kill" part unless it's for weaker enemy archetypes, and we could have more going. They did do that to a degree, but they're not quite there yet.
As for forts, didn't they mention plantations? I think those we can redo over and over, so there's that. Fun times.

Keep in mind that people spammed Counter Kill prior to Brotherhood.

I still want Investigations. But Ubisoft are being cowards.

SamBushen24
07-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Going back to where someone said that if AC4 was a multiplayer free roam, everyone would just be countering each other all time...I agree. However I would like Assassins creed to go down the route of co-op fun. Where you don't fight against other players on multiplayer, just the AI. I think it would be good fun, turning up on your own ship or being a part of a crew with your friends and raiding a fort, designing your own assassin/pirate and working together.

lothario-da-be
07-11-2013, 09:47 PM
@ lothario-da-be
nice sig...
lol thanks. We must unite against that force of evil.

Reyemla
07-11-2013, 11:56 PM

There is actually a British Flag at the very top, where the Assassin's Creed symbol is on the Jackdaw.

I-Like-Pie45
07-12-2013, 12:11 AM

Reporting for duty!

Spider_Sith9
07-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Am I the only one going on about the Investigations?

Assassin_M
07-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Nope..Ubisoft has disillusioned their minds with pretty graphics and splosions, but we know better....you are not alone....

amongthecreed
07-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Am I the only one going on about the soundtrack? The scores in this demo sound so awesome!! Can we all just calm down for a sec and appreciate Brian Tyler's genius a little bit?

LoyalACFan
07-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Nope..Ubisoft has disillusioned their minds with pretty graphics and splosions, but we know better....you are not alone....

Honestly... did anyone like the investigations that much? I mean... I really want to get a feel for the enemies and their motivations before I kill them. But I grew so tired of the investigations in AC1. The assassinations (and targets themselves) were the best of the series, but they were really the only fun missions in the game. I don't want to sit on a bench and eavesdrop a dozen times over in AC4.

Rather, I'd like to meet the targets personally before assassinating them instead of getting second-hand information. Edward supposedly bounces back and forth between the Assassins and Templars a lot, so it's not a stretch that he would know some Templars personally. Also, I'm guessing some targets will just be fellow pirates with no Assassin/Templar affiliation who Edward deems necessary to take out based on personal interactions with them.

Reyemla
07-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Interesting note on, "The Twin Dilemma," it seemed like the player could go after the targets at any time he wanted, since the other twin was on another boat in the middle of the ocean sailing around while Edward was doing other stuff, already having killed the other brother.

SixKeys
07-12-2013, 12:48 AM
The eavesdropping system is AC3 was a nice throwback to the series' roots and I wouldn't mind seeing them develop it further. It was a good idea, but in practice it didn't really work. I couldn't concentrate on what my targets were actually saying because I was too busy trying not to get desynched by falling outside the lines. I always play without subtitles, so this meant that I sometimes missed out on some vital plotpoints. Not a huge deal as the game will always point you in the direction you need to go anyway, but it was immersion-breaking.

The real allure of the investigations should be to give you the feeling that you actually are gathering vital information which could give you an advantage. This is why I think it shouldn't be a required part of the main missions, but a side quest.
Example: There's an icon pointing you to a bar, hinting there might be a conversation going on that will benefit you in some way. You blend in next to some sailors gossiping about a great treasure they found on Island X. Then they would move outside the bar and you would have to follow them if you wanted to hear more hints about the treasure's location. If you don't keep up, you won't desynchronize, but you will miss out on information that would point you to the exact coordinates. If you fail the mission the first time, you will have to try again the next day. (Kinda like in ACB where you would have to wait a few hours if you let a Borgia captain escape).

Also, the soundtrack does sound promising. I especially like the "sneaky" music we heard in the E3 jungle demo.

Assassin_M
07-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Honestly... did anyone like the investigations that much? I mean... I really want to get a feel for the enemies and their motivations before I kill them. But I grew so tired of the investigations in AC1. The assassinations (and targets themselves) were the best of the series, but they were really the only fun missions in the game. I don't want to sit on a bench and eavesdrop a dozen times over in AC4.

Rather, I'd like to meet the targets personally before assassinating them instead of getting second-hand information. Edward supposedly bounces back and forth between the Assassins and Templars a lot, so it's not a stretch that he would know some Templars personally. Also, I'm guessing some targets will just be fellow pirates with no Assassin/Templar affiliation who Edward deems necessary to take out based on personal interactions with them.
I liked the investigations that much yeah...they weren't exciting gameplay wise, but they were strategy, immersion and exploration wise. It made me feel like i`m really a blade in the crowd moving smoothly between people, hearing this, pickpocketing that..etc

I enjoyed it immensely. felt like it gave more weight to the Assassinations and how you approach them. it`s all about perspective really. if you look at investigations as "meeh sit on ze bench and press a buzzons" then so many people can look at Assassination as "climb, locate, press button..rinse and repeat..meeeh zoo boringzz"

Wolfmeister1010
07-12-2013, 01:54 AM
I liked the investigations that much yeah...they weren't exciting gameplay wise, but they were strategy, immersion and exploration wise. It made me feel like i`m really a blade in the crowd moving smoothly between people, hearing this, pickpocketing that..etc

I enjoyed it immensely. felt like it gave more weight to the Assassinations and how you approach them. it`s all about perspective really. if you look at investigations as "meeh sit on ze bench and press a buzzons" then so many people can look at Assassination as "climb, locate, press button..rinse and repeat..meeeh zoo boringzz"

I think the investigation system is a brilliant idea. They only thing they have to do do make it perfect in my opinion would be for them to make them have much more variety and freedom. Also, the investigations shouldn't have to be for an assassination target always. I would be fine if there are some investigation sequences for targets, and some for another situation, and have the rest be free of investigations.

prince162010
07-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Anyone know when La habana demo released ? i wanna see that demo now!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ProletariatPleb
07-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Anyone know when La habana demo released ? i wanna see that demo now!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Comic con I'd guess, it fits the timing perfectly.

prince162010
07-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Comic con I'd guess, it fits the timing perfectly.

so we have to wait ;) i see it too long for 18 july

prince162010
07-12-2013, 07:42 AM
The most interesting thing i've noticed in this demo is the size of the game world, looks massively lively world in general, i've never seen game world like this before !!!

Assassin_M
07-12-2013, 07:46 AM
The most interesting thing i've noticed in this demo is the size of the game world, looks massively lively world in general, i've never seen game world like this before !!!
Then play more games..

And size doesn't really matter if it wont be, like you said, LIVELY...a Map doesn't dictate how lively the world is

prince162010
07-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Then play more games..

like what ??

LoyalACFan
07-12-2013, 07:59 AM
like what ??

Red Dead had the liveliest and most immersive open world experience I've ever seen. Which is impressive, considering 90% of the landscape was just dirt and cacti. If you haven't played it, do so ASAP.

prince162010
07-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Red Dead had the liveliest and most immersive open world experience I've ever seen. Which is impressive, considering 90% of the landscape was just dirt and cacti. If you haven't played it, do so ASAP.

Ok, i've played RDR since it was released in may 2010 but i never had that experience you talk about maybe you>>anyway forget about my word (lively), but AC4's world map looks incredibly massive in this demo exactly when he zoomed out and this is only the caribbean sea map , we still have three other maps La Habana+Kingston+Nassau :D

roostersrule2
07-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Red Dead had the liveliest and most immersive open world experience I've ever seen. Which is impressive, considering 90% of the landscape was just dirt and cacti. If you haven't played it, do so ASAP.Agreed, it's the best game I've ever played, if AC4's world can do a job half as good it'd still be impressive. Anyway this video has actually raised my hype for this a tad up.

prince162010
07-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Agreed, it's the best game I've ever played, if AC4's world can do a job half as good it'd still be impressive. Anyway this video has actually raised my hype for this a tad up.

with horizon you will never close your eyes :D believe me

MadJC1986
07-12-2013, 11:25 AM
@ lothario-da-be
nice sig...

Yes, really nice sig :D

x___Luffy___x
07-12-2013, 11:35 AM

yes we should... i think the no 4 isnt taken .

lothario-da-be
07-12-2013, 12:00 PM
yes we should... i think the no 4 isnt taken .
We ignited the revolution!
edit: the Airprince sigs are forbidden :(

KrYpToNiC95
07-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Ok, i've played RDR since it was released in may 2010 but i never had that experience you talk about maybe you>>anyway forget about my word (lively), but AC4's world map looks incredibly massive in this demo exactly when he zoomed out and this is only the caribbean sea map , we still have three other maps La Habana+Kingston+Nassau :D

If you look carefully the sides of the map have been cut off the world is almost likely to be bigger than the map indicates. One thing that worries me though and I may be over reacting is before the jackdaw was about to go to Mysteriosa it said it was 1600 or so metres on the map. With a ship thats pretty quick so maybe the world isn't as big as we think....

x___Luffy___x
07-12-2013, 01:13 PM
We ignited the revolution!
edit: the Airprince sigs are forbidden :(

oh ok, i need to change it then :(

Mr_Shade
07-12-2013, 01:16 PM
And back on topic please..

You guys know that name and shame is not allowed..

Even more so, Why would you want him to see you guys have a signature about him - it may be making him spam more, to collect more followers - ever thought of that?

Spider_Sith9
07-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Why is everyone calling Havana "La Habana"? D:

dxsxhxcx
07-12-2013, 01:39 PM

because that is the way to say Havana in spanish... I hope we have some dialogues in spanish in the game like they did with AC2 (with the italian language)

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 01:41 PM

They think they are cool

Ureh
07-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Was it confirmed that the vid footage is from ps4?

Spider_Sith9
07-12-2013, 02:18 PM
because that is the way to say Havana in spanish... I hope we have some dialogues in spanish in the game like they did with AC2 (with the italian language) Italian? You lack the AC3 examples. Personally, I think they should ease up the native language stuff. The gratuitousness of it is starting to come off as doing it just for the sake of it being exotic. That's what liked abotu TOKW despite it being a minor gripe.

They think they are cool
B-b-b-b-b-but I'm cool! D:

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 03:01 PM
B-b-b-b-b-but I'm cool! D:

Maybe... maybe...

I-Like-Pie45
07-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Too bad there's seems to be no giant enemy crabs or random kraken attacks in this game.

Mr. Shade, can you inform the developers of this glaring apparent omission?

luckyto
07-12-2013, 03:18 PM

I like the investigations, at least, pickpocketing and eavesdropping. The idea is to give the player the choice to do 2 or 3 missions out of six. The "flag capture" missions seemed out of place; and the story logic for the assassinations didn't work. But in general, the concept was really good an I liked them.

The eavesdropping was always well done. It's not particularly hard, but it gives the story a chance to take shape and for you to learn something about the target. I love how the camera focuses in on their conversation and you get this nice blurred focus effect everywhere else. It's immersive.

And the picketpocketing.... how I miss pickpocketing. Took skill and stealth but rewarded the player with blueprints to the assassination target. Which makes them the most meaningful side missions in any AC to date.

STDlyMcStudpants
07-12-2013, 05:13 PM
***z in my pants

Bashilir
07-12-2013, 05:23 PM

Which is exactly what made it boring after a couple of days.

pacmanate
07-12-2013, 05:30 PM
***z in my pants

You did what :O

Sushiglutton
07-12-2013, 05:33 PM
The Caribbean world is def this game's greatest asset. It is stunning and will be awesome to explore during Swedish November (do not visit Sweden then, it's a super depressing time of the year). BUT I am still very worried about the gameplay.

- Freerunning I have given up. I think it's safe to say it will be as automatic as in AC3. It's ok, even though it's not ideal imo. No biggie.
- Combat I think needs a face-lift, but so far nothing promising has been shown. On the contrary they just show canned kill animations making me suspect it will be as flat as in AC3. Let's hope they at least have added quickfire.
- Stealth: Lot's have been said, nothing has been shown. The standard stalking mission shown at E3 was depressing to watch. I really, really hope they AI has been improved.
- Naval: Several sound improvements. Greater variety of weapons, seamless boarding looks good, like that cannon balls can be shot in an arc. Will they have the courage to truly challenge the player?

Overall I remain sceptical about the gameplay. I hope Ubi understands that they can have tons and tons of things to do, but if the gameplay is weak it's more or less worthless. The world looks littered with icons, which is a bit worrying. There is just too much, I don't think they will be able to keep high enough quality. Going from icon to icon, tapping to loot is not an activity (at least not a very good one). The fort take-over did not convincing imo.

ACfan443
07-12-2013, 05:36 PM

This. It's the most boring game I've played, trophies were the only thing that motivated me to complete it.

Sushiglutton
07-12-2013, 05:44 PM
This. It's the most boring game I've played, trophies were the only thing that motivated me to complete it.

Ha, I have read that comment from tons of people and I just have no idea why they felt that way. Different strokes I guess.

prince162010
07-12-2013, 06:07 PM

yes i felt that too after a couple of days playing it ... it is so boring :nonchalance:

prince162010
07-12-2013, 06:14 PM
If you look carefully the sides of the map have been cut off the world is almost likely to be bigger than the map indicates. One thing that worries me though and I may be over reacting is before the jackdaw was about to go to Mysteriosa it said it was 1600 or so metres on the map. With a ship thats pretty quick so maybe the world isn't as big as we think....

you can't decide that now because they skipped so many scenes ... so you don't have to worry about this

Ureh
07-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Too bad there's seems to be no giant enemy crabs or random kraken attacks in this game.

Mr. Shade, can you inform the developers of this glaring apparent omission?

You forgot another: Mermaids (and Mermen).

luckyto
07-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Mermaids! YES!

prince162010
07-12-2013, 10:36 PM
What a powerful and dangerous hurricane near the jackdaw >> looks really stunning

Bashilir
07-13-2013, 03:59 AM
Ha, I have read that comment from tons of people and I just have no idea why they felt that way. Different strokes I guess.

This is how it went for me. starts game>>>mounts horse>>>ride through 50 billion miles to somewhere>>>accidentally ride down a cliff>>>die and restart. Yay.

STDlyMcStudpants
07-13-2013, 04:34 AM

Awe :( I bought Red Dead this past January..havent got around to it yet..was looking forward to it until now :'(
I hope the story is at least good...if theres a story that can keep my attention..the setting doesnt effect me in the slightest.... Like the Arkham Games :X

dxsxhxcx
07-13-2013, 04:49 AM
Going from icon to icon, tapping to loot is not an activity (at least not a very good one)

if you're talking about treasure hunting here I agree with you, I was expecting something more complex than what I saw, like the necessity to find landmarks (viewpoints) and check some info (litle puzzles in the map maybe) until you get to the X, we just found a treasure map, put a marker in the (world) map and went straight forward to the place, what's the fun in treasure hunting if you don't need to "hunt" the treasure? Go to point A (the place we find the treasure map) to B (the place the treasure is buried) is not hunt (at least not for me)...

LoyalACFan
07-13-2013, 05:49 AM
Awe :( I bought Red Dead this past January..havent got around to it yet..was looking forward to it until now :'(
I hope the story is at least good...if theres a story that can keep my attention..the setting doesnt effect me in the slightest.... Like the Arkham Games :X

The story is damn good. I honestly loved the game wholeheartedly, including the setting; it might even be my favorite game of this gen. Bashilir is the first person I've ever seen who didn't like it.

Ureh
07-13-2013, 06:02 AM
if you're talking about treasure hunting here I agree with you, I was expecting something more complex than what I saw, like the necessity to find landmarks (viewpoints) and check some info (litle puzzles in the map maybe) until you get to the X, we just found a treasure map, put a marker in the (world) map and went straight forward to the place, what's the fun in treasure hunting if you don't need to "hunt" the treasure? Go to point A (the place we find the treasure map) to B (the place the treasure is buried) is not hunt (at least not for me)...

I think turning off the hud (or at least the mini map) and not relying on the world map too often might help a bit.

dxsxhxcx
07-13-2013, 06:33 AM
I think turning off the hud (or at least the mini map) and not relying on the world map too often might help a bit.

if the treasure map had enough clues I believe that would be possible, but the only thing it shows is the name of the island and one landmark (inside the island, near the tresure), unless you know where the island is, you would just go from one island to the next until you find the right one..

it would be interesting if the maps showed clues like a shipwreck near Havana for example, and from there it tell us to go north until you find an island called the "hawk nest" (we could use our spyglass to do it, I think it's obvious that we would find an island with a mountain with a shape similar to a hawk's head.. hehehe), in this island we would need to solve a puzzle that would give us the location of the treasure (the name of the island) AND a landmark next to it, then we go there (at this point the island could be shown in the map and we could place a marker on it), search for the landmark, maybe solve another puzzle and find the treasure..

Ureh
07-13-2013, 06:37 AM
Yeah just look at the world map then turn your ship in that general direction. Then check once or twice to make sure you're on course. When you get there look for a giant temple. Sounds easy enough unless I missed something right? :P

Megas_Doux
07-13-2013, 01:54 PM

As I native speaker in both spanish/italian I like it more that way.....

And well, in terms of combat I hope AC IV follows, if not hardens, the trend of AC3. If would be a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE step behind if the dark days of Ezios trilogy- mostly the ACB- "combat" makes a return....

SixKeys
07-13-2013, 01:59 PM

Red Dead is an amazing game. The only thing that drags it down a little bit is that the environment is so barren, but that's how America was back in those days. (Also AC3's problem.) The story and characters are fantastic and there are tons of activities. I don't understand the people who think this game is boring.