PDA

View Full Version : New Patch Broke PSN Match Making

obsessivepie
07-10-2013, 06:24 AM
level 33 rank 9 player here, takes me an upwards of 10+min to find an online match since the new patch, you guys need to revert this ****

SilverDraken
07-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Not only that, but the load times themselves have been more then doubled.. at least for me..., which really really sux... i'm scared alot that it will freeze up and i'll get a loss and lose another gladiator to the void. heh but anyways, yeah..

i do want to say that i'm glad you all are working on things though and all you have done so far to try to fix the issues. i've been having a great time otherwise.

VanMennace
07-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Then use lower rating gladiators. Most people playing this game have probably not reach even level 10. Which means there fights have a lot lower rating. Sucks not being able to fight your 250+ rating warrior against a 125 I imagine. They did a good thing with this update, by matching people with fighters of equivalent ratings.

obsessivepie
07-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Then use lower rating gladiators. Most people playing this game have probably not reach even level 10. Which means there fights have a lot lower rating. Sucks not being able to fight your 250+ rating warrior against a 125 I imagine. They did a good thing with this update, by matching people with fighters of equivalent ratings.

good idea buddy, I did use a lower rated gladiator actually it was a white gladiator with a rating of like 190 with my gear and it took me 8 minutes to find a match where I was paired against a yellow named player with perks. But thanks for your contribution to this thread, now go play your 40 rating gladiator

obsessivepie
07-10-2013, 06:12 PM
actually when this game was pretty fresh I remember some guy suggested that matchmaking be changed so that its more restrictive and wut did I say, 10min+ waiting queues and look what happened...

VanMennace
07-10-2013, 07:03 PM
good idea buddy, I did use a lower rated gladiator actually it was a white gladiator with a rating of like 190 with my gear and it took me 8 minutes to find a match where I was paired against a yellow named player with perks. But thanks for your contribution to this thread, now go play your 40 rating gladiator

You shouldn't have beefed your gladiator up to 190 if you were not prepared to face gladiators of that skill level.

obsessivepie
07-10-2013, 07:10 PM
You shouldn't have beefed your gladiator up to 190 if you were not prepared to face gladiators of that skill level.

yeah good idea Vanmennace, maybe I should use level 1 equipment too since you know im only level 33

VanMennace
07-10-2013, 07:17 PM
yeah good idea Vanmennace, maybe I should use level 1 equipment too since you know im only level 33

I am just trying to help you out. Instead of rushing through the game trying to level, and make it to the top of the leaderboard. Instead you should have took your time, and enjoyed yourself. Now you want to punish everyone else that hasn't sat down playing 8 hours a day by allowing your powerful fighters to fight there weaker ones. Stop crying about how you have no one to fight becasue you leveled to quickly, and enjoy the online fights you get to fight.

obsessivepie
07-10-2013, 07:22 PM
I am just trying to help you out. Instead of rushing through the game trying to level, and make it to the top of the leaderboard. Instead you should have took your time, and enjoyed yourself. Now you want to punish everyone else that hasn't sat down playing 8 hours a day by allowing your powerful fighters to fight there weaker ones. Stop crying about how you have no one to fight becasue you leveled to quickly, and enjoy the online fights you get to fight.

right so playing less than 2hours a day = rushing? I have a life or i'd be where k45steph is with over 1100 online wins

VanMennace
07-10-2013, 07:39 PM
right so playing less than 2hours a day = rushing? I have a life or i'd be where k45steph is with over 1100 online wins

I doubt you are playing less than 2 hours a day. I get it, I enjoy playing this game myself. I'm not going to lie I play 2+ hours in the evening, I enjoy the game. Try waiting a week, and players will catch up in level with you, and you will not have to wait 10+ minutes for a fight.

obsessivepie
07-10-2013, 07:43 PM
I gamed hard for about 2 days and leveled up now I usually play for about an hour or two a day to keep up in the leaderboards but with the new patch I'll play maybe 3-4 matche since it gets boring waiting in queue

VanMennace
07-10-2013, 07:50 PM
I gamed hard for about 2 days and leveled up now I usually play for about an hour or two a day to keep up in the leaderboards but with the new patch I'll play maybe 3-4 matche since it gets boring waiting in queue

That I completely agree with you on. That is why I que up a couple of warriors, and play CPU matches. I want to play the game, and not stare at a screen. I understand you wanting be in the top of the leaderboard it is a pretty cool.feeling. I got into DUST 514 late and made myself into the top 700, but stopped playing aftert that.

obsessivepie
07-10-2013, 07:54 PM
even with quickmatch it still takes forever..sometimes it even takes longer than regular queues

VanMennace
07-10-2013, 09:57 PM
even with quickmatch it still takes forever..sometimes it even takes longer than regular queues

Yeah I don't do quick matches, on account that they randomly choose one of my fighters.