PDA

View Full Version : What side do you fall on? *NEXT GEN COUNSEL QUESTIONS*

Poodle_of_Doom
07-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Just going to throw this out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_xHueP7bQ0

poptartz20
07-10-2013, 03:21 AM
Haha... I saw this for the first time last night! Pretty funny.

But anyways, I fall on the side of PS every time. There was one time I thought about getting an xbox and when I did my friends xbox red ringed. Ha. Never again.

STDlyMcStudpants
07-10-2013, 04:11 AM
I'm a sony loyalist and just love the library of games, i could care less about whats under the hood, i enjoy the nintendo too because they easily have the most fun games that are almost impossible to get tired of

Wolfmeister1010
07-10-2013, 04:11 AM
I have had an Xbox 360 for years, but now I am totally going to get the ps4.

I am not paying an extra 100 bucks for a console that forces me to buy tons of crap features I don't even want. At least Sony cares about the GAMERS

Poodle_of_Doom
07-10-2013, 04:32 AM
Haha... I saw this for the first time last night! Pretty funny.

But anyways, I fall on the side of PS every time. There was one time I thought about getting an xbox and when I did my friends xbox red ringed. Ha. Never again.

Yeah. I think that's a shame.

I'm a big Sony fan. Something about the XBox never felt right to me.

AC2_alex
07-10-2013, 04:36 AM
I have had an Xbox 360 for years, but now I am totally going to get the ps4.

I am not paying an extra 100 bucks for a console that forces me to buy tons of crap features I don't even want. At least Sony cares about the GAMERS

Exact same, here.

poptartz20
07-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Ah... it's nice to be among friends here. #Sonyforever #rideordie

lol. No but really it's awesome to see so many PS gamers! :D It's been so long!

Moultonborough
07-10-2013, 11:04 AM
All I gotta say is insta-headache. Holy god gonna grab the Tylenol lol. Anyway, I'm gonna stay with PS. More appealing to me then Xbox .

Assassin_M
07-10-2013, 11:06 AM
X-box to me is like this awkward conversation that starts in the bathroom..

"Hot day, huh? :|"
" Yea :|"

While PS....I grew up with PS

Poodle_of_Doom
07-10-2013, 11:30 AM
X-box to me is like this awkward conversation that starts in the bathroom...

Yes it is isn't it?

pablo2977
07-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Always had ps so i will continue on

Gi1t
07-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Quite the opposite for me. My friends and I started with Nintendo. The year Xbox first surfaced EVERYONE was getting a Gamecube, I decided we'd get more out of it if I got an Xbox instead, so we'd have more variety. Best decision I could have made. I didn't even know what the hell Halo was going to be but I got it anyway. :D (I didn't keep up with games at that time; I just bought what looked good.) I'd have missed out on a hell of a lot if I hadn't gotten the Xbox back then. PS on the other hand always had a million games I didn't really WANT to get. A few looked interesting, but like other people said, it felt like the outsider. Anyway, for every six mildly interesting game PS seemed to come out with, Xbox always had another must-buy.

As for this gen, it doesn't look very interesting right now, so I'll do something different again and just backtrack over the previous one and get a PS3....possibly. It hinges on one game in particular and if that game gets ported to the WiiU I'll get that instead, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Sushiglutton
07-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Jedi council for me :nonchalance:

STDlyMcStudpants
07-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Quite the opposite for me. My friends and I started with Nintendo. The year Xbox first surfaced EVERYONE was getting a Gamecube, I decided we'd get more out of it if I got an Xbox instead, so we'd have more variety. Best decision I could have made. I didn't even know what the hell Halo was going to be but I got it anyway. :D (I didn't keep up with games at that time; I just bought what looked good.) I'd have missed out on a hell of a lot if I hadn't gotten the Xbox back then. PS on the other hand always had a million games I didn't really WANT to get. A few looked interesting, but like other people said, it felt like the outsider. Anyway, for every six mildly interesting game PS seemed to come out with, Xbox always had another must-buy.

As for this gen, it doesn't look very interesting right now, so I'll do something different again and just backtrack over the previous one and get a PS3....possibly. It hinges on one game in particular and if that game gets ported to the WiiU I'll get that instead, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

I totally agree, Playstation was ahead of its time, and by that i mean game play and syle
PS One was my first console I personally owned (but i grew up playing NES at my grandmas and N64 at friends houses) and I remember feeling jealous of my friends feeling like I had the lesser console...tons of games, but none that I wanted to play...I wanted fun and colorful...but then again i was 6 years old at the time
Sony was never fun and colorful, all of there games had a dark feeling to them even up to ps2 and told stories i was too young to want to pay attention to with the occassional crash and glover type games witch were of course my favorite kind (and WWF/WCW games haha)
I used to group the consoles by their specialties Xbox - shooter, Nintendo - family fun, Playstation - Sports and racing
But then all of a sudden this past generation, everyone is starting to like the types of games PS has been doing since the beginning and we find ourselves going back to buy an hd remake of a game we had no interest in 10 years ago!
Fastforward to now....I saw an evolutionary change in 1 console and one console only
Xbox is still a shooters console
Nintendo is still the family fun console
But playstation is the everything console!
Gorgeous exlusive shooters, AAA Blockbuster better than the movies story with their action adventure, and bring in games like LBP and Mod Nation/ LBP karting for the family fun
I will be the first to admit that in the family fun department, sony is still light years behind nintendo, but at least they are attempting to make the shift even if its just a slight shift!
I predict by the end of this next generation, playstation will be the go to console for whatever you want!
I cant wait for a mario rival game on sony!

Gi1t
07-10-2013, 05:41 PM
I totally agree, Playstation was ahead of its time, and by that i mean game play and syle
PS One was my first console I personally owned (but i grew up playing NES at my grandmas and N64 at friends houses) and I remember feeling jealous of my friends feeling like I had the lesser console...tons of games, but none that I wanted to play...I wanted fun and colorful...but then again i was 6 years old at the time
Sony was never fun and colorful, all of there games had a dark feeling to them even up to ps2 and told stories i was too young to want to pay attention to with the occassional crash and glover type games witch were of course my favorite kind (and WWF/WCW games haha)
I used to group the consoles by their specialties Xbox - shooter, Nintendo - family fun, Playstation - Sports and racing
But then all of a sudden this past generation, everyone is starting to like the types of games PS has been doing since the beginning and we find ourselves going back to buy an hd remake of a game we had no interest in 10 years ago!
Fastforward to now....I saw an evolutionary change in 1 console and one console only
Xbox is still a shooters console
Nintendo is still the family fun console
But playstation is the everything console!
Gorgeous exlusive shooters, AAA Blockbuster better than the movies story with their action adventure, and bring in games like LBP and Mod Nation/ LBP karting for the family fun
I will be the first to admit that in the family fun department, sony is still light years behind nintendo, but at least they are attempting to make the shift even if its just a slight shift!
I predict by the end of this next generation, playstation will be the go to console for whatever you want!
I cant wait for a mario rival game on sony!

Even though Nintendo has the best market for the 'family fun' type stuff, you have to remember that the original fans of the SNES ans N64 are a lot older now and Nintendo's main roster of games still appeals to those now much older fans. They might be more acceptable for younger kids to watch but that doesn't limit them to the category of 'family games' if you know what I mean. They're not 'kid's games' by any means. As for Xbox, their efforts with the 360 were to make it clear they weren't limited to beign a 'shooter console'. Even for the original Xbox, I didn't have many shooters and that trend continued with my 360 collection.

What I see is more that Sony goes for sheer volume of games, trying to get as much stuff out there because that's what builds up value for their console. And that's what M$ should be doing as well, but they're still picking and choosing too much. While all that's going on, Nintendo is looking to the future. This not only gives them great potential, but also keeps them from getting into more negative market trends (such as the stuff the X1 was going to do, which a lot of people feared Sony would end up imitating), but this also means a lot of people get a second console for the more mainstream 3rd party games which, while not totally lacking on Nintendo's consoles, are less common.

STDlyMcStudpants
07-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Even though Nintendo has the best market for the 'family fun' type stuff, you have to remember that the original fans of the SNES ans N64 are a lot older now and Nintendo's main roster of games still appeals to those now much older fans. They might be more acceptable for younger kids to watch but that doesn't limit them to the category of 'family games' if you know what I mean. They're not 'kid's games' by any means. As for Xbox, their efforts with the 360 were to make it clear they weren't limited to beign a 'shooter console'. Even for the original Xbox, I didn't have many shooters and that trend continued with my 360 collection.

What I see is more that Sony goes for sheer volume of games, trying to get as much stuff out there because that's what builds up value for their console. And that's what M$ should be doing as well, but they're still picking and choosing too much. While all that's going on, Nintendo is looking to the future. This not only gives them great potential, but also keeps them from getting into more negative market trends (such as the stuff the X1 was going to do, which a lot of people feared Sony would end up imitating), but this also means a lot of people get a second console for the more mainstream 3rd party games which, while not totally lacking on Nintendo's consoles, are less common.
By family fun, I in no way mean kids games, i mean games the entire family can enjoy young and old..
I love mario, my nephew loves mario, my older sister loves mario, my grandma loves mario
But with their whole touch screen stuff it feels to me like they are leaving the older cats 30+ in the dust
im 21 and i feel a bit outcasted by nintendo..i just want a direction, triggers, and action buttons. I dont want to play games with my ipad lol
Mario galaxy 2 was easily one of my favorite games of the past generation...you were numb to the motion controls, it all felt natural...but touch pads feel kind of forced.
I have to disagree with your points on xbox though
Having a limited amount of a certain game type doesnt take away from what it actually is and what it is marketed as
If you have a good shooter, you only need 2...why 2? to challenge eachother
I mean Nintendo has AC and Call of Duty but you dont think of those games when you think of wii, just like you dont think of final fantasy or rayman when you think xbox even though it has both...
However you think ps3 you think final fantasy, god of war, cod, uncharted, etc...everything pops in your mind lol
Xbox was the Halo console, 360 was the COD console
Xbox didnt try to steer away from that in the slightest
They are a shooters console.

poptartz20
07-10-2013, 09:47 PM
By family fun, I in no way mean kids games, i mean games the entire family can enjoy young and old..
I love mario, my nephew loves mario, my older sister loves mario, my grandma loves mario
But with their whole touch screen stuff it feels to me like they are leaving the older cats 30+ in the dust
im 21 and i feel a bit outcasted by nintendo..i just want a direction, triggers, and action buttons. I dont want to play games with my ipad lol
Mario galaxy 2 was easily one of my favorite games of the past generation...you were numb to the motion controls, it all felt natural...but touch pads feel kind of forced.
Having a limited amount of a certain game type doesnt take away from what it actually is and what it is marketed as
I mean Nintendo has AC and Call of Duty but you dont think of those games when you think of wii, just like you dont think of final fantasy or rayman when you think xbox even though it has both...
However you think ps3 you think final fantasy, god of war, cod, uncharted, etc...everything pops in your mind lol

I can't help but agree on this. I know people that have bought an xbox just to play CoD. I see xbox as the shooters console as well. Not saying there aren't games like Alan wake that shake things up a bit. But there was never alot of variety for me on xbox. I feel that ps really is that everything console. I think eventually they will touch even more on family fun games. Neither company in my opinion has anything on nintendo's innovation but sadly innovation won't win a console war if you can't back up your main audience. I hope nintendo stays around for a long time and doesn't repeat Sega mistakes.

AC2_alex
07-10-2013, 09:58 PM
People who hate on Nintendo have obviously never owned a Nintendo. Its separate from the console wars, in my opinion, just because its so different.

X-box to me is like this awkward conversation that starts in the bathroom..

"Hot day, huh? :|"
" Yea :|"

While PS....I grew up with PS

Rules about talking in the mens room:

1. Don't talk in the mens room.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-11-2013, 12:08 AM
People who hate on Nintendo have obviously never owned a Nintendo. Its separate from the console wars, in my opinion, just because its so different.

I completely agree with this. Let's not drag Nintendo down. I'd almost prefer a Wii U and a PS4

Rugterwyper32
07-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Started with a Genesis, next console was the Gamecube (Dreamcast was sold out and then stopped production before I could get one), then Wii/360, and this time I'll be WiiU/PS4. I was thinking I'd be wanting the next Xbox for quite a while, but Microsoft has been consistently annoying me lately (next laptop's also Mac for sure, high quality DAWs ftw. I can get either Logic Pro or Cubase and it's great), so I'm sticking to the PS4 this gen.

Gi1t
07-11-2013, 01:51 AM

They started off trying to change things, but after a while they sort of quit. I agree that the Xbox's 'image' in general is still pretty inconsistent with the variety of games available. They were too concerned about losing what they had. I'm sure the 'shooter console' label actually attracts almost as much business as it deters over here. -__- It's a shame, really. They should have continued their efforts to go toe-to-toe with Sony like they were starting to do in the early years of the 360.

As for Nintendo, if history is any indicator, the real advantages and potential uses of their new design will likely be made clear by their main roster of games. Their own games always used their technology the best instead of just inserting random gimmicks. I have a feeling that the next Mario will feel much the same way that you described Galaxy. I just hope more of the third party designers are able to keep up with them this time and we won't have a generic term for lame gimmicky third party games like we did with the Wii (Wii:shovelware XD)

MRNMRSPACER
07-11-2013, 12:02 PM
i feel like that kid at school eating lunch at the table by himself.....Xbox 1 here,been a loyal fan since the beginning so might as well stay on this side

Poodle_of_Doom
07-11-2013, 12:43 PM
i feel like that kid at school eating lunch at the table by himself.....Xbox 1 here,been a loyal fan since the beginning so might as well stay on this side

Well, we don't blame you for sitting at that table,.... this one was getting kind of full anyway. :p What draws you to the xbox?

stingray110
07-11-2013, 05:13 PM
And that is exactly why you deserve the Xbox. Why are people so stupid?

Poodle_of_Doom
07-11-2013, 06:05 PM
And that is exactly why you deserve the Xbox. Why are people so stupid?

Men must be free to do what they believe.
It is not our right to punish one for thinking what they do,
no matter how much we disagree..

MRNMRSPACER
07-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Well, we don't blame you for sitting at that table,.... this one was getting kind of full anyway. :p What draws you to the xbox?well it does seem pretty crowded,is there enough food for all of u :PPPand orignal xbox came out in 2000 i believe,i was 5 and have had both xbox consoles and pertty much grew up on the exclusives and what-not so might as well stay on board......+ i dont wanna lose my gamerscore
And that is exactly why you deserve the Xbox. Why are people so stupid?do not call me stupid for picking a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE again

Poodle_of_Doom
07-11-2013, 10:50 PM
well it does seem pretty crowded,is there enough food for all of u :PPPand orignal xbox came out in 2000 i believe,i was 5 and have had both xbox consoles and pertty much grew up on the exclusives and what-not so might as well stay on board......+ i dont wanna lose my gamerscore

I completely understand that. My thing was that I hadn't had anything since the Genisis. My sister had one at here place, but I only played that sparingly. At that, my first real upgrade was to the PS3. I always liked the way the control felt and responded better than the XBox controllers.

Gi1t
07-11-2013, 11:00 PM

By no means. :) I have both Xbox consoles as well. Never really got into PS. I'm not inclined to get the next gen consoles at this point, so I'm going backwards instead, to pick up some games I missed.

Azurefeatherfly
07-12-2013, 05:05 AM
Report: Microsoft Collaborated To Deliver Encrypted User Data To NSA
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/11/report-microsoft-collaborated-to-deliver-encrypted-user-data-to-nsa.aspx

The article completely sealed the deal of which console I'll be buying.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Report: Microsoft Collaborated To Deliver Encrypted User Data To NSA
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/11/report-microsoft-collaborated-to-deliver-encrypted-user-data-to-nsa.aspx

The article completely sealed the deal of which console I'll be buying.

Wow... that's all I can say. Wow...