PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 09:38 PM
How many people actually play this game ? I know I wont get the statistics here but it would be nice to know compared to say a FPS type game.

Personally I play both and enjoy both for their realism effects and when I try and talk ppl into playing IL2FB I get negative responses.

Weird really - I never liked the idea but the game is so outstanding that I keep pleeding for people who have never tried a flight sim to get this and play it.

'Too many controls' - No there arn't just use the basics and pick up the rest.
'Boring' - Errr HELLO no its not get into it and immerse yourself into the game.
'Geeks' - True lol j/k (mind you I aint got the first clue about real planes so...'

Ahh spouting over... carry on.

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 09:38 PM
How many people actually play this game ? I know I wont get the statistics here but it would be nice to know compared to say a FPS type game.

Personally I play both and enjoy both for their realism effects and when I try and talk ppl into playing IL2FB I get negative responses.

Weird really - I never liked the idea but the game is so outstanding that I keep pleeding for people who have never tried a flight sim to get this and play it.

'Too many controls' - No there arn't just use the basics and pick up the rest.
'Boring' - Errr HELLO no its not get into it and immerse yourself into the game.
'Geeks' - True lol j/k (mind you I aint got the first clue about real planes so...'

Ahh spouting over... carry on.

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 12:53 AM
im the only real flightsimmer under my friends,and the only real flightsimmer i know personally though.

sometimes i get my friends to play a little il2/fb with me, but they got bored very fast and dont believe that im not cheating or something like this...
i tried to teach them, but they dont get the idea of energy management, i guess...
that the difference, in FPS you can just stop, turn around, and run again, with the same speed you were running before you stopped. that doesnt work in flightsims, as we all know.

so as i said, they play FPS like counterstrike, strategy games like Age of Mythology or Warcraft3, and role playing games like Dark age of Camelot or Gothic2, but no flight sims (or other sims, except racing sims).
i play all of them as well (except DaoC),you can say im an allrounder, so they dont call me a geek or so, and respect my virtual flying skills as i respect their strategical management and gunaiming, which is particular way better than mine.

--http://debaer.freezope.org/files/sigsm.jpg

-I fear nothing but the ground-

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 01:24 AM
The same here, only real flightsimmer in the entire town I guess, so because of the only connection to the outsideworld being satelite, hope Tele Greenland will get a cable connection instead, I have to play off-line/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

rgds

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 01:27 AM
Last January 1 had a college football bowl day at the house with il2 ready for anyone wanting a QMB. Got a new convert, another CFS conversion, both now hard core simmers with HOTAS sticks. Love it. The sim is the best bait I know./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 01:29 AM
Theres normally around 500+ players on Hyperlobby playing FB on any given day.
I just looked now and there was 573 to be precise lol.

T_O_A_D
11-02-2003, 01:39 AM
I started our squad with guys from work they got itchin to try when thats all I could talk about. I have at least 3 here locally that are nearly as bad off as I am. LOL

<Left>
131st_VFW_CO_Toad (http://www.geocities.com/vfw_131st/index.htm)

<Left>
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif MY Track IR Fix read the whole thread (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_ts&id=zwqtg)

<Center>http://home.mchsi.com/~131st_vfw/Mad_toad.jpg </a>
<font size="1" color="black">After eating an entire bull, a mountain
lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a
hunter came along and shot him...
The moral: when you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!</font>
<font size="0" color="#59626B">

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 01:43 AM
Started about a month ago trying to get the South African pilots together, We got a forum going and now have a server.
DUnno where they all were hiding but now they are crawling out of the woodwork, We got around 20 pilots of which around 8-10 play often.

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 01:46 AM
I think its very distinct from other sim experiences. You have to imagine yourself relating to the dynamics as close to reality as possible. Its crusial and the only way to learn to 'fly'. I don't think other sims require such a level of imagination. Anyone who first looks at it won't see it like we do. We're flying through the air, they just see coordination with a joystick. It takes much more time and anyone who is serious has to be very patient. Many sims don't take much longer than understanding the rules and basic functions to jump in and at least feel like your a part of the action.

Once you're hooked...it can easily be for life. Just imagine 10 years from now.

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 10:48 AM
arcadeace wrote:

- Once you're hooked...it can easily be for life. Just
- imagine 10 years from now.

My mind wanders,
Imagine if you could take a game like IL2FB and another Ground ops game like say Ghost Recon and merge them into one game!!!!!

Then you have troops on the ground fighting it out in foxeholes, Bombers coming in to destroy ground positions, and fighters trying to shoot down the bombers and stuff.
A full on war sim all in one that incorporates all the aspects of WW2 warfare. (and i dont mean something that just slapped together that enables you to drive a tank and fly a plane without major skill in each department).
The online websites will change to have air squadrons, ground troop divisions, armored divisions, what the heck bring in the navy as well.
Its a nice to dream, hehe