PDA

View Full Version : Edward in Japanese MANGA adaptation this September

silvermercy
07-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Shueisha's Jump X magazine has revealed that manga artist Kendi Oiwa (Welcome to the N.H.K., Goth, Sugar Dark Umerareta Yami to Shōjo) will draw a manga adaptation of Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag video game. Novelist Takashi Yano (Sengoku Basara 3: Date Masamune no Shō) will handle the manga's scenario. The manga will premiere in the September issue of the magazine on August 10.

The manga takes place in the Golden Age of Pirates — the 18th century in the Caribbean Sea. The original story follow Edward Kenway as he gets entangled in the ongoing battle between the Templars and the Assassins.

http://cdn03.animenewsnetwork.com/images/cms/news/64555/edward.jpg

http://jumpx.jp/w/ac4/

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-09/welcome-to-the-n.h.k.s-oiwa-draws-assassin-creed-4-manga

ze_topazio
07-09-2013, 06:51 PM
That's surprising.

BK-110
07-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Not exactly something I expected. Welcome to the N.H.K. is great, so this might turn out pretty good.

ze_topazio
07-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I love the Welcome to the N.H.K. anime, never read the manga though.

SixKeys
07-09-2013, 08:59 PM
His arm looks weird in that picture.

Anyway, not terribly surprising, considering how popular the games are in Japan.

poptartz20
07-10-2013, 10:04 AM
OH RLY.

I didn't know the games were that popular in Japan. At the same time did every AC game get this kind of treatment? lol. I would read if I guess. Umm.. I wonder where they will take it in the manga. for some odd reason I'm already imagining TENTACLES.

silvermercy
07-10-2013, 11:28 AM
I'd be very curious to see a different take on the AC universe... I'm also curious to see manga about pirates now to get a better idea!

for some odd reason I'm already imagining TENTACLES.
hahahahaaaa!!!! LOL! (psst... can you imagine all the possible doujinshis now...) There were a few for Connor actually. lol

Megas_Doux
07-10-2013, 03:26 PM
I'd be very curious to see a different take on the AC universe... I'm also curious to see manga about pirates now to get a better idea!

There´s one called One piece that seems to be a HUGE deal, but from what I have seen, not very much into manga besides one or two things, is very "unrealistic". Guys causing earthquakes and things like that.

silvermercy
07-10-2013, 04:27 PM
There´s one called One piece that seems to be a HUGE deal, but from what I have seen, not very much into manga besides one or two things, is very "unrealistic". Guys causing earthquakes and things like that.
Thanks for the heads up!

LOL Imagine Edward with superhuman powers.

ze_topazio
07-10-2013, 04:33 PM
One Piece is not supposed to be realistic.

SixKeys
07-10-2013, 04:49 PM
AC is huge in Japan. Western games often have difficulties breaking into the Japanese market, but I remember reading somewhere that when AC2 came out, it was the only non-Japanese game to make it to the top 10 most popular games of the year.

Megas_Doux
07-10-2013, 04:54 PM
One Piece is not supposed to be realistic.

I know.

It is just that I "warned" Silvermercy that One piece and this upcoming manga, although about pirates, are completely different.

Kaschra
07-10-2013, 06:04 PM
I know that AC is pretty popular over there in Japan, but somehow this was still kinda unexpected.
But I'm interested how this will turn out.

One Piece is my favourite manga

poptartz20
07-10-2013, 10:34 PM

hahahahaaaa!!!! LOL! (psst... can you imagine all the possible doujinshis now...) There were a few for Connor actually. lol

Hahah! Really I didn't know that. OH goodness. How funny! But at the same time I'm not too surprised. I mean it is Japan. LOL.

poptartz20
07-10-2013, 10:36 PM
One Piece is my favourite manga

We don't Judge. Haha. naruto is my favorite, I also enjoy Attack on Titan and Fairy Tail woo!

:)

Kaschra
07-10-2013, 11:30 PM
We don't Judge. Haha. naruto is my favorite, I also enjoy Attack on Titan and Fairy Tail woo!

:)

I can't stand Naruto and Fairy Tail, but I LOVE Attack on Titan :>

poptartz20
07-10-2013, 11:38 PM
I can't stand Naruto and Fairy Tail, but I LOVE Attack on Titan :>

Awesome!

Have you watched the AoT Anime at all!?

also. . . I've been reading Naruto for 10 years now... I've invested too much time not to finish it. -_- So sad. lol. Fairy Tail is fun by typical shonen

DELTA Kristian
07-13-2013, 08:54 PM
:cool: Edward looks epic in that drawin` ;)

Spider_Sith9
07-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Interesting. It may have some story omissions like the Bowden novels though.

Ureh
07-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Where can we buy it? Will it be translated to other languages too?

Kaschra
07-14-2013, 02:06 AM
Hm, it could take some time til they released it outside Japan. Maybe some online scanlation sites will translate it?

Awesome!

Have you watched the AoT Anime at all!?

also. . . I've been reading Naruto for 10 years now... I've invested too much time not to finish it. -_- So sad. lol. Fairy Tail is fun by typical shonen

Sure I watched it. And I also read the manga