PDA

View Full Version : What should AC4 learn from AC2?

Wolfmeister1010
07-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Hi everyone. A little while ago I made a thread about what I believe AC4 should learn from AC1. Now, I decided to do the same thing, except from AC2. Here is a list of things that AC4 should learn from good ol AC2.

1.Campaign length

Even though AC3 takes a longer time to complete, that is because of all the side mission stuff. The campaign in AC2 was very long and very satisfying. Also, the sequences were paced wonderfully in AC2. They all had a clear beginning, , middle, and end, while staying unique as well. The sequences in AC3 were unbelievably linear, sometimes only lasting a few missions, sometimes leading right into each other without the option for a breather or exploration. The pacing and the campaign need some really big hints from AC2.

2.customization

I really don't care about how good the stats are for a certain piece of armor. I only care about the aesthetic view of the armor. That goes for all outfits as well. I hope that in AC4, we can really customize Edward more like AC2, where the armor was good looking, and IMO not ridiculous looking.

3. Renovation

The villa is definitely the high point of my AC2 experience. You start with a gloomy, broken town covered with vines and plants. The streets are empty and littered with puddles, hay, and buckets. The stores are boarded up and abandoned. The sky is dark and stormy. The villa is dark, cracked, and covered with vines.

Then, as you renovate the villa, it slowly starts to come back to life. The great thing about it is that it doesn't all happen at once. Each renovation improves a little part of the villa, and you really have to pay attention to find the little details that change over the course of the renovation.

The streets fill up, the sky clears, the vines on the buildings are cleaned up, the streets are cleaned, the shops come back to life, and grow taller and more grand with each renovation (the shops literally gain a new structure added to it with each level up) flags are hung up around the town, the buildings become more decorated and grand, plants, trees, and flora are planted around the town.

The other great thing about the renovation in AC2 is that they spend so much detail on each individual building. In brotherhood I was disappointed to see that other than the music and the look of the population, the city stayed basically exactly the same. Maybe it's because Rome was just too big to spend that much time on the little details.

I hear that we will have a customizable pirate base in addition to the jackdaw. I really hope that we really get to renovate it just like the villa in AC2. The feeling that you get from turning a piece of crap into an amazing masterpiece is indescribable .

4. Hidden blade sound effect

This is a very small one, but still notable. Remember when most of the time you used the hidden blade, it had the signature sound effect with it? It was very common in AC1 and 2, but has recently become very rare. I think that they should bring the sound effect back! Lol, such a small issue compared to the others.

Thanks. Please be sure to voice your opinions and ideas in the comments below.

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Ambient music, puzzles and longer secret locations...

LoyalACFan
07-03-2013, 12:28 AM
I think upgrading the Jackdaw will be the new iteration of renovations. It starts off as a piece of crap, and you gradually build it into a badass force of nature. But really, that's enough. Renovating buildings and stuff would be really weird for a pirate, it only seemed right with Ezio because he was already rich as **** in the beginning.

I agree with you on everything else though. Customization is always good, AC2 was about the right length IMO, and yessss, I miss the classic *shing* effect :p

All of this too.

SixKeys
07-03-2013, 12:39 AM

^ This. The secret locations seem to have gotten shorter with each game.

I hope customization is back in more ways than just armor. I didn't care about armor in AC2, but I loved the dyes. Just give me something else to look at than the standard assassin outfit (that doesn't look ridiculous like Captain Kidd's outfit or Colonial Assassin).

Renovations OTOH have been done to death. It worked great in AC2 (and to a lesser extent ACB) because you really saw you were making a visible difference. In ACR it made no sense plotwise and in AC3 you had to travel miles by horse to see the few new houses set up at the Homestead. Achilles' house somehow magically went from a rotting pile of wood to a spotless villa overnight, which wasn't rewarding at all. In AC4 we will have to upgrade the Jackdaw which makes sense, but there's no good reason to bring renovations back on a larger scale.

I do miss the "shing!" sound effect. It just wasn't the same killing people with the hidden blade in AC3. :(

Wolfmeister1010
07-03-2013, 12:51 AM
^ This. The secret locations seem to have gotten shorter with each game.

I hope customization is back in more ways than just armor. I didn't care about armor in AC2, but I loved the dyes. Just give me something else to look at than the standard assassin outfit (that doesn't look ridiculous like Captain Kidd's outfit or Colonial Assassin).

Renovations OTOH have been done to death. It worked great in AC2 (and to a lesser extent ACB) because you really saw you were making a visible difference. In ACR it made no sense plotwise and in AC3 you had to travel miles by horse to see the few new houses set up at the Homestead. Achilles' house somehow magically went from a rotting pile of wood to a spotless villa overnight, which wasn't rewarding at all. In AC4 we will have to upgrade the Jackdaw which makes sense, but there's no good reason to bring renovations back on a larger scale.

I do miss the "shing!" sound effect. It just wasn't the same killing people with the hidden blade in AC3. :(

I wish we could have done more in the homestead, like have an option to have the roads paved, set up a few more buildings, and maybe create an assassin hq building.

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 12:53 AM
I wish we could have done more in the homestead, like have an option to have the roads paved, set up a few more buildings, and maybe create an assassin hq building.
I would have liked more buildings in the community..to make it feel more cozy and close together, I don't know about roads and please no Assassin HQ...the manor fit that role well...like the Villa. It was a cover up and it worked...

Wolfmeister1010
07-03-2013, 12:55 AM
I would have liked more buildings in the community..to make it feel more cozy and close together, I don't know about roads and please no Assassin HQ...the manor fit that role well...like the Villa. It was a cover up and it worked...

Okay then maybe we could have renovated the small secret armory in the basement to be less of a piece of poorly lit **** then.

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Okay then maybe we could have renovated the small secret armory in the basement to be less of a piece of poorly lit **** then.
the fact that it looked like a poorly lit **** was what made it work. I mean, there was this place and there was an office...that was fine...maybe add a library or something..

Ureh
07-03-2013, 01:02 AM
Races, chases (where our target won't wait for us at "checkpoints"). Less obvious paths in puzzles; where we'll need to identify our path. Platforming should also test our knowledge and experience with the character's abilities (climb leap, side wall jump, backward vault, and hookblade swing).

I agree with the side missions and renovations. They need to be drastically reduced, otherwise I'll just end up avoiding most of them in my subsequent playthroughs. Not fair for the devs to put all that time into fillers that will barely get touched by the gamers.

Definitive and recognizable landmarks that can be seen from a distance. I kept mixing up the town halls/church/markets/etc. In AC2 when a character says "North of the Duomo" or "behind the Basilica" I have a really easy time finding my destination without needing the map.

More dialogue from NPCs. Heralds were very articulate. Civilians had interesting things to say when you they saw you do something crazy. Guards said wacky stuff when they were trying to chase you down. etc

Wolfmeister1010
07-03-2013, 01:26 AM
the fact that it looked like a poorly lit **** was what made it work. I mean, there was this place and there was an office...that was fine...maybe add a library or something..

Could you for once just freaking agree with me??!!

Wolfmeister1010
07-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Races, chases (where our target won't wait for us at "checkpoints"). Less obvious paths in puzzles; where we'll need to identify our path. Platforming should also test our knowledge and experience with the character's abilities (climb leap, side wall jump, backward vault, and hookblade swing).

I agree with the side missions and renovations. They need to be drastically reduced, otherwise I'll just end up avoiding most of them in my subsequent playthroughs. Not fair for the devs to put all that time into fillers that will barely get touched by the gamers.

Definitive and recognizable landmarks that can be seen from a distance. I kept mixing up the town halls/church/markets/etc. In AC2 when a character says "North of the Duomo" or "behind the Basilica" I have a really easy time finding my destination without needing the map.

More dialogue from NPCs. Heralds were very articulate. Civilians had interesting things to say when you they saw you do something crazy. Guards said wacky stuff when they were trying to chase you down. etc

North of the duomo is obvious. The thing takes up a huge portion of the map, so it is not difficult to navigate based on it.

I do like the things guards say though. My favorite is when you grab a guard and they say "oh! Your breath!!"

Ureh
07-03-2013, 01:41 AM
The Duomo is just one example of course, I could also list Santa Maria Novella, Santa Croce, Palazzo de la Setta, Ponte Rialto, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Auditore, Santa Maria dei Fiore, Florence's Market, Venice's Arsenal, Bartolomeo's house, Rose of Virtue, Plucked Rose, Roman theater, the tuscan (twin) towers + primary church. Even if you don't remember the name afterwards, when the characters say it you'll know where it is and/or what they're referring to.

AC3: south meeting house, old south meething houses, christ curch, old christ church, north meeting house, etc. New York was a little better thanks to the prisons and burnt areas.
Adams: "I'm on my way to a meeting." Connor: "I'll meet you at our destination." But I have to check the map because I have no idea which building it is. The taverns all looked nearly the same too except for the signs and layout.

AC2 also had clear visual and audio cues when you're near a certain shop. The clerk would be shouting offers, and you might even hear the smith forging some equipment.
AC3: General Store sign that blends with the brick. That's it.

SixKeys
07-03-2013, 01:52 AM

More dialogue from NPCs. Heralds were very articulate. Civilians had interesting things to say when you they saw you do something crazy. Guards said wacky stuff when they were trying to chase you down. etc.

AC2 also had clear visual and audio cues when you're near a certain shop. The clerk would be shouting offers, and you might even hear the smith forging some equipment.

These are good points. Although I must point out that "definitive and recognizable landmarks" is a product of the era. Renaissance Italy simply had a lot more unique architecture than 18th century America.

I miss the AC2/ACB heralds. They were articulate, like you said, and often had funny stuff to say. The ones in later games were more forgettable.

I also agree that shops should be more easily recognizable from a distance. They can't really have merchants shouting about their wares anymore since the shops are now mostly indoors, but there should be more visual cues. Maybe a few people lined up at shop windows looking at the stuff inside or differently colored shops for different kinds of merchandise. (Blue house for weapons and armor, red for tailors etc.)

Wolfmeister1010
07-03-2013, 01:55 AM
These are good points. Although I must point out that "definitive and recognizable landmarks" is a product of the era. Renaissance Italy simply had a lot more unique architecture than 18th century America.

I miss the AC2/ACB heralds. They were articulate, like you said, and often had funny stuff to say. The ones in later games were more forgettable.

I also agree that shops should be more easily recognizable from a distance. They can't really have merchants shouting about their wares anymore since the shops are now mostly indoors, but there should be more visual cues. Maybe a few people lined up at shop windows looking at the stuff inside or differently colored shops for different kinds of merchandise. (Blue house for weapons and armor, red for tailors etc.)
Or just as large banner with a hammer or spool would do fine for me

Wolfmeister1010
07-03-2013, 01:56 AM
The Duomo is just one example of course, I could also list Santa Maria Novella, Santa Croce, Palazzo de la Setta, Ponte Rialto, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Auditore, Santa Maria dei Fiore, Florence's Market, Venice's Arsenal, Bartolomeo's house, Rose of Virtue, Plucked Rose, Roman theater, the tuscan (twin) towers + primary church. Even if you don't remember the name afterwards, when the characters say it you'll know where it is and/or what they're referring to.

AC3: south meeting house, old south meething houses, christ curch, old christ church, north meeting house, etc. New York was a little better thanks to the prisons and burnt areas.
Adams: "I'm on my way to a meeting." Connor: "I'll meet you at our destination." But I have to check the map because I have no idea which building it is. The taverns all looked nearly the same too except for the signs and layout.

Your are telling me that you can remember ALL those places and where they are? Without using the map or compass?

hoodrat94
07-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Campaign length - YES YES YES YES YES the stories in assassin's creed has been getting shorter, but my guess is ac4 will be even shorter than ac3 because alex hutchinson said ac3 is over 20 hours longs and Ashraf Ismail/ or some one in ubisoft said ac4 is going to be 15-20!
AND I WILL KEEP SHOUTING FOR PATRICE DESILETS!!!!!!! AND JESPER KYD!!!
I know it won't happen but still!

SixKeys
07-03-2013, 02:02 AM
Does anyone else feel like the AC2 Animus database was the best? Even on subsequent playthroughs I still sometimes read the entries. There's just enough information, not too much, and it's written in a good mixture of seriousness and humor. The AC3 database entries were far too many, too long and felt like Shaun was trying too hard to be funny at every turn. Did the entry about Ben Franklin's soda machine really need to be a mile long?

Edit: Also, I miss the little video entries about each target in the database. They were only ever used in AC2.

ArabianFrost
07-03-2013, 02:05 AM
AC4 should learn from AC2 that it should learn more stuff from AC1.(jk)

Wolfmeister1010
07-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Does anyone else feel like the AC2 Animus database was the best? Even on subsequent playthroughs I still sometimes read the entries. There's just enough information, not too much, and it's written in a good mixture of seriousness and humor. The AC3 database entries were far too many, too long and felt like Shaun was trying too hard to be funny at every turn. Did the entry about Ben Franklin's soda machine really need to be a mile long?

Edit: Also, I miss the little video entries about each target in the database. They were only ever used in AC2.

I feel like the database in AC2 and B were more Interesting just because they talked about...interesting things. I would much rather read about the origins of a massive Italian cathedral than a 200 year old wooden church in Boston.

The renaissance in Italy was literally one of the most interesting times in history. It is filled with huge amounts of info, scandals, and stories. The American revolution just doesn't have the charm that the renaissance did.

I also miss the target vids as well. Since AC2, there have been fewer and fewer assassination targets. It has gotten to the point that ubisoft just doesn't want to put in the effort.

SixKeys
07-03-2013, 02:15 AM
I feel like the database in AC2 and B were more Interesting just because they talked about...interesting things. I would much rather read about the origins of a massive Italian cathedral than a 200 year old wooden church in Boston.

The renaissance in Italy was literally one of the most interesting times in history. It is filled with huge amounts of info, scandals, and stories. The American revolution just doesn't have the charm that the renaissance did.

This is true. I really enjoyed reading about all the political backstabbing and interesting details that seemed to play a part even in minor things, like how the various towers in San Gimignano were basically built to one-up each other, like it was a competition. None of the stuff in the AC3 database came even close to capturing my attention. Although in fairness, I felt the ACR database was pretty boring too. Maybe the database is another one of those things that could be dropped. They seem to have spent an extra amount of time compiling it for AC3 when that time could have been spent on improving other side content.

Ureh
07-03-2013, 02:19 AM

Definitely, it felt like some of the AC3 entries were droning on and on in a monotonous tone about "stuff". Heheh I still remember Shaun always trying to poke fun at the Carmelite Monks and Nuns ("They're probably hiding in there right now making their quilts." or "Most of the Monks don't have a chance to cherish the beautiful facade. They're severely punished if they step outside the church."

Your are telling me that you can remember ALL those places and where they are? Without using the map or compass?

Yes. The ones I listed are from what I can recall at the moment.

LoyalACFan
07-03-2013, 02:22 AM

Yeah, I agree with all of that. AC2 and Brotherhood's were the best, ACR's was forgettable without Shaun's humor, and AC3's tried to shoehorn the humor into too many places where it didn't belong. Plus, as you said, there didn't need to be quite so many entries.

ArabianFrost
07-03-2013, 02:22 AM
This is true. I really enjoyed reading about all the political backstabbing and interesting details that seemed to play a part even in minor things, like how the various towers in San Gimignano were basically built to one-up each other, like it was a competition. None of the stuff in the AC3 database came even close to capturing my attention. Although in fairness, I felt the ACR database was pretty boring too. Maybe the database is another one of those things that could be dropped. They seem to have spent an extra amount of time compiling it for AC3 when that time could have been spent on improving other side content.
Actually, AC4's story has been confirmed to be written and the (cinematic) "scenes" filmed according to good 'ol Darby. Apparently, with the time Darby has on his hand, he's doing nothing but writing the databases. He actually confirmed alll of that on Twitter, so it probably won't eat development time from AC4. Of course, this means that AC4 could have had a longer campaign, but this is far better for quality and polish I believe. Ashraf Ismail officially stated that you can stealth your way through 85% of the campaign, which in itself still is being fine tuned to perfection, so I hope that means that quality of level design is their top priority.

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 02:25 AM
Yeah, I agree with all of that. AC2 and Brotherhood's were the best, ACR's was forgettable without Shaun's humor, and AC3's tried to shoehorn the humor into too many places where it didn't belong. Plus, as you said, there didn't need to be quite so many entries.
I actually preferred ACR`s database over ACB...

for me it`s AC II > ACR > ACB/AC III

I didn't think any of them were necessarily boring, i`m all for history; my preference lies in how much I enjoyed reading which..

SixKeys
07-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Actually, AC4's story has been confirmed to be written and the (cinematic) "scenes" filmed according to good 'ol Darby. Apparently, with the time Darby has on his hand, he's doing nothing but writing the databases. He actually confirmed alll of that on Twitter, so it probably won't eat development time from AC4. Of course, this means that AC4 could have had a longer campaign, but this is far better for quality and polish I believe. Ashraf Ismail officially stated that you can stealth your way through 85% of the campaign, which in itself still is being fine tuned to perfection, so I hope that means that quality of level design is their top priority.

I don't mind if the database entries are being written last. As long as they don't take up time from other priorities, that's fine. I just hope they'll be more interesting than in the last two games.

As for Ashraf's comments about stealth, I'll believe it when I see it. They made similar promises about AC3: "We have these things called 'forts', they're great for stealth!" Yeah, they would have been great if the enemy AI wasn't psychic...

LoyalACFan
07-03-2013, 02:27 AM
I actually preferred ACR`s database over ACB...

for me it`s AC II > ACR > ACB/AC III

I didn't think any of them were necessarily boring, i`m all for history; my preference lies in how much I enjoyed reading which..

Wasn't ACB's basically identical to AC2's, though? Aside from the target videos?

Wolfmeister1010
07-03-2013, 02:30 AM
I don't mind if the database entries are being written last. As long as they don't take up time from other priorities, that's fine. I just hope they'll be more interesting than in the last two games.

As for Ashraf's comments about stealth, I'll believe it when I see it. They made similar promises about AC3: "We have these things called 'forts', they're great for stealth!" Yeah, they would have been great if the enemy AI wasn't psychic...

Lol

Wolfmeister1010
07-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Wasn't ACB's basically identical to AC2's, though? Aside from the target videos?

Yeah but they were all about Rome and Rome and Rome. In AC2 there was tons of variety, basically covering all of italy

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 02:35 AM
I was talking about the content, not the UI

Megas_Doux
07-03-2013, 02:46 AM

This!!!!

Anh in regards to the opposite:

1 Forget its combat style
2 Grey story
3 Able to remove armour.

KTV777
07-03-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't want to start anything here...but I'd like to see more women in AC4. Don't get me wrong, I think the series is great and portrays female characters very well, but compared to AC2 when we had Rosa, Paola, Teodora, Caterina Sforza, Rebecca in modern times, and hey even Claudia (though in Brotherhood she did more than keep the book, haha), AC3 only has a few. There's Kaniehtí:io, Myriam and Ellen (+ Terry and Godfrey's wifes, which don't really contribute that much IIRC) and if you didn't do side missions, you'd only really meet Zio. There may be others, so I apologize if I've missed any (it's been a while since I've played). For me, anyway, this was one of the things that made AC2 more enjoyable to play.

I agree about ambient music, database entries (it was nice to watch those target videos and listen to Shaun getting all sarcastic) and campaign length.

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 10:57 AM
I don't want to start anything here...but I'd like to see more women in AC4. Don't get me wrong, I think the series is great and portrays female characters very well, but compared to AC2 when we had Rosa, Paola, Teodora, Caterina Sforza, Rebecca in modern times, and hey even Claudia (though in Brotherhood she did more than keep the book, haha), AC3 only has a few. There's Kaniehtí:io, Myriam and Ellen (+ Terry and Godfrey's wifes, which don't really contribute that much IIRC) and if you didn't do side missions, you'd only really meet Zio. There may be others, so I apologize if I've missed any (it's been a while since I've played).
AC II had that much women as fodder for Ezio..they were mostly useless, I don`t want women for the sake of "Oooh look sexual equality" No, that`s banal imo...if a female will be there, she should be fleshed out and relevant, not just for "ermagerd booooobies"

Aveline is a great example and a nice step forward

KTV777
07-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Yeah I agree, though I did like Rosa. Aveline was a great character. I just wish I owned a PS Vita; I had to walk walkthroughs on YouTube. Not bad, but...it's just not the same.

EDIT: I suppose I was thinking quantity over quality at first. The more I think about it, the more I realise that I'd rather have one or two well-developed characters than ten one-dimensional women who serve no real purpose.

Assassin_M
07-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah I agree, though I did like Rosa. Aveline was a great character. I just wish I owned a PSP; I had to walk walkthroughs on YouTube. Not bad, but...it's just not the same.
PSVita :P

and if it makes a difference, she`s confirmed to make an appearance in AC4 in 3 PS exclusive missions..

KTV777
07-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Uh, yes, PSVita, that's uh...what I said *shifty eyes*

And that's good to know, I'll look forward to that!

x___Luffy___x
07-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Hidden blade sound effect

This is a very small one, but still notable. Remember when most of the time you used the hidden blade, it had the signature sound effect with it? It was very common in AC1 and 2, but has recently become very rare. I think that they should bring the sound effect back! Lol, such a small issue compared to the others.

Thanks. Please be sure to voice your opinions and ideas in the comments below.

completely agree. loved the sound of the hidden blade in AC1. remember it coz i still play AC1 sometimes :D
dont remember how it was in AC2 , maybe it was the same...

and about the length of the campaign ( not including side missions ) , i think they said that it is about 15 - 20 hours in the Q and A on twitter few days back.
which i think is short but if it has better quality missions them im all for it. just hoping they put those random events they have been talking about so much.

and i hate armor. never wanted it but if they include it i hope they give us the option to remove it too.
i like customization regarding weapons and outfits but no armor.

ladyleonhart
07-03-2013, 12:16 PM
AC II had that much women as fodder for Ezio..they were mostly useless, I don`t want women for the sake of "Oooh look sexual equality"...

Aveline was a great character. I just wish I owned a PS Vita; I had to walk walkthroughs on YouTube. Not bad, but...it's just not the same.

EDIT: I suppose I was thinking quantity over quality at first. The more I think about it, the more I realise that I'd rather have one or two well-developed characters than ten one-dimensional women who serve no real purpose.

That's so great, you guys!! xD

Aveline is a great character!! :) She is a strong heroine and one of the main reasons I bought a PS Vita! I only just started playing AC: Liberation a few days ago, but so good so far! ^_^

As for ACII, I really enjoyed it, but I was disappointed with the female characters too. When they showed Ezio had a love interest, Cristina Vespucci, I thought their story might develop further, but then Ezio just forgot about her, and went with whoever came his way, o_0; Then, I enjoyed the rest of ACII a lot and it's my favourite after ACIII at the moment, unless AC: Liberation takes second place! ^_~ Anyway, I know Ezio ends up with Sofia in AC: Revelations, and she was a vast improvement! ^_^

Then, I'm so glad to hear Aveline will be back in AC4!! xD

As for AC4, I really hope they spend enough time on the female characters personalities, and not just on their role as objects. At least, I hope they make an effort on Edward's wives and Anne Bonny.

Also, a bit of topic... but I'm so glad there are guys who actually like useful female characters. Then, I read an article recently about The Last Of Us. The marketing research company that Naughty Dog hired, tried to get Ellie removed from the box art. >_< Also, they were planning to use only male testers for the game. Apparently, their attitude was that there are no female gamers. Luckily, Naughty Dog appreciate the female gaming population, and they requested female gamers to test TLOU as well and kept Ellie where she was! xD
So thank you Naughty Dog! :)

Also, thanks to Ubisoft for not forgetting us females!! ^_~

Oh, and I just want to add, I have no problem playing with male characters of course and I've been playing video games since I was a child! xD Most of the best video games do have male leads. I love AC so much!! xD Uncharted is great! Prince of Persia's cool! I really also love Final Fantasy, for which strong female leads have only started appearing in the last 10 years. Also, I know a lot of guys don't have a problem with playing with female characters either, and 'Tomb Raider' is a classic example, and AC: Liberation. I just wish people would move away from their archaic thinking.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
07-03-2013, 03:12 PM
I agree wit every point especially 3, ii was so proud wen ii had finally renovated Monteriggioni an stood on the castle walls an was amazed at the beauty that ii created. It's thing like this that made me fall in love wit the AC series an realize it's potential.........until ACB came out then everything went to hell lol. But IMO AC2 will be the best AC game so far

stingray110
07-03-2013, 03:16 PM
AC II had that much women as fodder for Ezio..they were mostly useless, I don`t want women for the sake of "Oooh look sexual equality" No, that`s banal imo...if a female will be there, she should be fleshed out and relevant, not just for "ermagerd booooobies"

They were meaningless to be honest ( this isn't sexism), all they did was play a small part in the background as vunerable characters like how nearly all females are portrayed in the game industry, lacking independance and therefore more sexually enticing. I don't know much about Aveline's character and her story so i couldn't say whether they have changed their portrayle of women, but i am sure they have or hopefully will with AC4.

ze_topazio
07-03-2013, 04:20 PM

Too bad she starred in a game almost no one played. :( (Time for a HD port Ubisoft)

I wish AC1 had a database.

Sushiglutton
07-03-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm sure there are things to learn from the older games. But I'm not in the "go back to the roots"-camp, not at all. What disapointed me the most about AC3 was that the gameplay was still so lackluster. Therefor I don't think the devs should copy from their older work. Instead they should look at what other stealth/action adventure games have been able to achieve in later years and try to draw inspiration from that and strive for a similar level of quality.

Jexx21
07-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Uh.. the Homestead and the Aquila gave a great feeling of raising nothing to something that you describe in the Villa from AC2.

Of course, rather than revitalizing it, it was built up. You did refurbish the Aquila at first, but then you improved upon its original design, building it up to be better than before. You built up the homestead from a wooded area to a thriving community of people.

Best part? You don't have the Assassin logo displayed out in the open for everyone to see.