PDA

View Full Version : Losing Characters

Summit14
07-01-2013, 07:37 PM
A few questions for you guys to think

1. Should you be allowed to revive legendarys?
Yes/No

2. Should you be able to loose characters in Multiplayer?
Yes/No

3. If you do loose a legendary, should you be able to buy him cheaper?
Yes/No

I lost a legendary because I didn't even know you could, so I tested him online and well crap. I feel that maybe you should put something that says you will lose him if he dies.

HIGHZOMBIE1
07-01-2013, 07:42 PM
I'd say Personally if someone rage quits you shouldint lose your character because they quit. And Yes always revive them! And yes if you lose them when fighting CPU you should lose them if you dont play with safety when fighting them.

Summit14
07-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I feel in multiplayer you shouldn't loose characters but in SP yes.

Kynlore
07-02-2013, 02:36 PM
You can lose any of your other gladiators. I don't know why you would assume the legendary would be any different.

I think they even tell you during the tutorial that the gladiators can be executed.

Summit14
07-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Let me rephrase everything, I mean revive them.

Kynlore
07-02-2013, 03:29 PM
I think the revive fees should be inline with the other gladiators.

vOFlipOv
07-02-2013, 05:06 PM
You should be able to lose your gladiators that's what makes this game a lot of fun, Especially when you have those players that use their unlocked legends in single player. But when you reach fame level 21 you can recruit your own legend gladiators and revive them like your normal one's. Plus having a legend doesn't mean your unbeatable in online match's i have killed a legend using a white and blue gladiator online, It's all about how to play and dodge their moves. Since most of the legend users just spam buttons.

Silhouelle
07-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Yes to losing Legendaries, yes to reviving them starting at 2g, then 4g, then their full price each time. Otherwise there would be no point to get normal gladiators.

Yes to losing gladiators online BUT they should patch it where you don't lose them if your opponent quit or you freeze.

Buying a legendary for cheaper? No. Again it lessens the point of having normal gladiators. Legendaries are supposed to be just that, legendary. Spoken of in hushed whispers of fear and awe! Not easily bought and rebought as though a cheap lady of the night. :b

fathamburger
07-03-2013, 03:39 AM
WE should specifically have a "friendly" mode or an arena specifically set for Tier 1 so people can play specifically just for the fight, not high stakes or my perk is better than yours type BS

MCSwineFlu
07-03-2013, 09:21 PM
WE should specifically have a "friendly" mode or an arena specifically set for Tier 1 so people can play specifically just for the fight, not high stakes or my perk is better than yours type BS

I actually kinda like the idea of a online training area (it could be a ludus like setting and in the background you see other gladiators fighting each other too) where you and someone else can fight each other and not risk losing your character. Basically the crowd meter would not be involved in this mode, so no executions, you just knock the other guy out.

In regards to the other ques, my opinion is this:

1) I think the legendary bosses should not be allowed to be revived. However apparently at level 21, you can recruit legendary slaves which you can customize perks for; those slaves I think should be allowed to be revived (and I think I read on another thread they are).

2) If matchmaking was improved, I would say yes it's fine to lose gladiators in online MP. The rage-quiting issue needs to be addressed too (I think it was mentioned on another thread that it is being looked at). Losing gladiators in single player I think is fine. Also, having an optional "friendly/training" mode like someone mentioned earlier would be a good alternative for players who don't wanna risk it all.

3) For the legendary bosses I'd say no. However for the legendary slaves I think the revive costs should be the same (or perhaps slightly higher) like the other tier slaves.

Just my initial thoughts. Everyone has their own.

OmegaOlympian11
07-08-2013, 09:16 PM
I think you should not lose legendary characters in single player and multilayer after you have beating the legends campaign mode period.