PDA

View Full Version : Leila Marino

lonelygod91
07-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Anyone remember this e-mail on Lucy's computer in AC1, where she was inquiring about a friend who died mysteriously? What happened to this plotline? When I first played the game I assumed this would be a setup for a big plot twist or motivation for Lucy to turn against Abstergo. However, now that we know about Project Siren and given that Lucy is dead this story seems to hav been dropped. Did Ubisoft ever explain the significance of this? Or was it maybe put on there for Desmond's benefit, as part of Project Siren?

Locopells
07-01-2013, 08:31 PM
I guess it was all for Des' benefit since as both Assassin or Templar, she would know full well what probably happened to her, and either way would not want to endanger herself by making trouble...

LoyalACFan
07-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Oh man. The whole Lucy plot was such a godawful debacle after AC2, I don't even like to think about it. Suffice it to say, much of the story that was set up in AC1 has been long forgotten.

Assassin_M
07-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Oh man. The whole Lucy plot was such a godawful debacle after AC2, I don't even like to think about it. Suffice it to say, much of the story that was set up in AC1 has been long forgotten.
Well AC II did a good job of NOT explaining some of the stuff from AC I... like Leila and the immune guy email..

LoyalACFan
07-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Well AC II did a good job of NOT explaining some of the stuff from AC I... like Leila and the immune guy email..

Ignoring it was better than bloody contradicting it :I

Keep in mind, this was back when we thought AC was a trilogy, and after AC2, I was waiting for AC3 to be an amazing all-will-be-revealed title where all the loose ends were tied up. But then came ACB... then ACR, which was literally NAMED Revelations and still didn't explain anything... I had already lost basically all my faith in the modern story before AC3 even came out. Which was probably good, since I wasn't completely heartbroken when the finale did, in fact, suck :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
07-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Ignoring it was better than bloody contradicting it :I
No, both suck...

LoyalACFan
07-02-2013, 11:32 PM
No, both suck...

Yeah, in retrospect they do, but ignoring it sucked less at the time because I thought more would be more *ahem* revelations in store for AC3.

:nonchalance:

Ureh
07-03-2013, 02:03 AM

This one?
Now believed to be the direct result of assault by Assassins. Research station destroyed as was artifact (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Staff). Alternate wave generation devices have been located in storage, but we have insufficient data at the moment to initiate research. The risk of accident is too high. Lineage Discovery and Acquisition Division should attempt to locate descendants of any attack survivors (either Assassins or Brotherhood) in order to continue research. Resurrecting this particular type of technology will aid us greatly with any holdouts following the Satellite's activation. We're putting together a team to push research in this area

lonelygod91
07-10-2013, 08:31 PM
This one?
Now believed to be the direct result of assault by Assassins. Research station destroyed as was artifact (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Staff). Alternate wave generation devices have been located in storage, but we have insufficient data at the moment to initiate research. The risk of accident is too high. Lineage Discovery and Acquisition Division should attempt to locate descendants of any attack survivors (either Assassins or Brotherhood) in order to continue research. Resurrecting this particular type of technology will aid us greatly with any holdouts following the Satellite's activation. We're putting together a team to push research in this area

I think they were talking about the email from the witness at the DIA accident, the one on Vidic's computer that threatens to expose Abstergo. It's baffling as to why Ubisoft has left so many plot threads unresolved, unless we'll get answers in Black Flag (which I highly doubt)