PDA

View Full Version : Gunnery/muzzleflames

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 12:42 AM
Hello!

Is the big muzzleflames of machineguns fixed in new patch?

In real life shooting at machineguns muzzleflames dont show in the daylights at all, and you can aiming your fire looking where bullets go. And into night time muzzleflames is quite small anyway.

Now I cant aiming good as i like because my mahcinegun muzzleflames is so big that my gunsights dont are visible.
And the target is unvisible.

Can the muzzleflames going to show like (at 9.00 pm-6.00 am?)the searchligths does? This because into night hitting some thing what you aiming is difficult for many other reasons too. For they who want big muzzeflames, that can been switched on/off in difficulty settings at realistic gunnery switch?

I dont know is this important any others, but i think this is small job to do?

Watch your six, i`ll will be there some day

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 12:42 AM
Hello!

Is the big muzzleflames of machineguns fixed in new patch?

In real life shooting at machineguns muzzleflames dont show in the daylights at all, and you can aiming your fire looking where bullets go. And into night time muzzleflames is quite small anyway.

Now I cant aiming good as i like because my mahcinegun muzzleflames is so big that my gunsights dont are visible.
And the target is unvisible.

Can the muzzleflames going to show like (at 9.00 pm-6.00 am?)the searchligths does? This because into night hitting some thing what you aiming is difficult for many other reasons too. For they who want big muzzeflames, that can been switched on/off in difficulty settings at realistic gunnery switch?

I dont know is this important any others, but i think this is small job to do?

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 01:05 AM
not fixed /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 01:29 AM
If it was a small job then it would have already been done.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/images/322.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 04:04 AM
How could it NOT be a small job? I mean how hard could it be to reduce the flash graphic, or maybe increase the transparency?

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 08:56 AM
hi,

...if there is a intention...there is a way..!

(note:but maybe it's better to fix all the polygone problems including some wrong pilots gunsight views later in a second patch...by concentrate on special designed graphic problems)

Cappadocian_317 wrote:
- If it was a small job then it would have already
- been done.
-
- <center> http://www.322squadron.com/images/322.gif
- </center>
-

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 10:59 AM
necrobaron wrote:
- How could it NOT be a small job? I mean how hard
- could it be to reduce the flash graphic, or maybe
- increase the transparency?

Are you a graphics artist?

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/images/322.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 12:40 PM
May be it is much more dificult than to add some of the new eye candy now?? *sarcasm*

++ 88.IAP_Manuc ++

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 01:16 PM
You dont gotta be a graphic artist to do it. Everybody can use photoshop to add more transperancy effect.

Making the muzzle flash smaller is even easyer. pull down image bar, image size, -50% and here we go.

I think its more matter of principal. Maddox wont change it because in some point he thought they would be compromise between night and day fighting. Well 90% fights happen in day time so it would have been better to make day time muzzle flashes.

Sorry wont happen in FB /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 11:20 AM
PB0_Roll wrote:
- not fixed /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif No?, why not!??

Dont tell me anymore that il2fb is a sim.
Its a only game, but a good one./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 12:17 PM
- Everybody can use photoshop to add more transperancy
- effect.
-
- Making the muzzle flash smaller is even easyer. pull
- down image bar, image size, -50% and here we go.

It's a joke?

Nikko

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 03:46 PM
No joke ..

Basicly the muzzle graphics are just your regular image format you can edit em easily.

The only problem is that they are hard coded so your average joe cannot mess with em. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Its harder than it seems... even aging a photo is hard... but cracking the FB SFS files is even harder!

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 08:55 PM
It would not be that hard. Sorry to you fanboys that believe the muzzle flashes are the way they are because it would take the entire dev team a year to make them smaller. Oleg has simply stated that they will not be changed, ever. Period, end of story. I would like them smaller too, but its not going to happen.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Transparency may eat extra FPS (Muzzle flashes do anyway /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ) but I can't see how reducing the flash graphic would be that hard.

In the IL-2 Demo the flashes were bigger than they are now! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif They were reduced for the final IL-2 version that hit the shelves. Kind of rules out it being a "BiG Job" IMHO

JG5_UnKle

"Know and use all the capabilities of your airplane. If you don't sooner or later, somebody who does, will kick your ***"

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/victoria.stevens/jg5_logo.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 11:12 PM
nt = No Text

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Thinking that editing muzzle flashes is going to be a big job is probably pretty far off to one side. Thinking that its like editing transparency in photoshop on the other hand is also pretty far off to the other side.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle. The game engine renders the bitmaps onto a couple of planes from what it looks like (polygonal planes - not airplanes http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif). Chaning the sizing is probably a matter of modifying the values that the engine uses to size the bitmaps. Resizing the bitmap itself would only decrease the quality of the muzzleflash, not the size of it.

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 06:23 AM
-----Please------ /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

rgds

XyZspineZyX
08-04-2003, 09:00 AM
Show me the muzzleflash mesh/planes in 3ds and I can scale em to any size you want...