PDA

View Full Version : AC4 article: Taking on the forts, smugglers' coves and plantations.

ArabianFrost
06-28-2013, 08:47 PM
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-forts-plantations-smugglers-coves/

A bit of new info.

Main points:
-Forts do NOT regenerate(me sad)
-Plantations DO regenerate
-Forts have side-missions attached to them
-Coves are for the more eager explorers, with many valuable treasure to behold
-The game will have 10 plantations
-Plantations can be found in Nassau,Havana and Kingston, but some can be found in the rest of the world
-Coward captains will not be back. Unlike ACB, a captain can't escape you by hiding in an office.
-Forts can easily demolish you if you approach them lacking upgrades.
-Edward's crew can join him in the fort.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Forts do NOT regenerate(me sad)

http://i.imgur.com/oC0OZ.gif

pacmanate
06-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Sweet

Wolfmeister1010
06-28-2013, 08:52 PM
I think that they don't regenerate because your enemies attack them. You wouldn't want your freed fort to just suddenly be overflowed with baddies. ...wait, they said that enemies attack your forts right?

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 08:54 PM
I think that they don't regenerate because your enemies attack them. You wouldn't want your freed fort to just suddenly be overflowed with baddies. ...wait, they said that enemies attack your forts right?
Well if they get attacked....that's what regen here means. But going by the points frosty has listed......once we get control of a fort then it must be permanent.

Wolfmeister1010
06-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Well if they get attacked....that's what regen here means. But going by the points frosty has listed......once we get control of a fort then it must be permanent.

Unless you let your attackers take the fort. I probably will just for fun.

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Unless you let your attackers take the fort. I probably will just for fun.
well if they can take back the forts then that means they regenerate, which isn't what the article says, lol

Wolfmeister1010
06-28-2013, 09:01 PM
well if they can take back the forts then that means they regenerate, which isn't what the article says, lol

...........never mind.

ArabianFrost
06-28-2013, 09:04 PM

Yeah. Enemies can't retake forts. I don't think the article specified if enemies can attack again, but they definitely can't retake forts.

Jexx21
06-28-2013, 09:17 PM
they'll probably be like FC3 where there's an option to give all of your forts away to the bad guys so you can kill them again. :)

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 09:17 PM
they'll probably be like FC3 where there's an option to give all of your forts away to the bad guys so you can kill them again. :)
I sure hope so, that feature made my life.

Coltillion
06-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Yay, accurate hair!

Rugterwyper32
06-28-2013, 09:32 PM
" -Forts have side-missions attached to them"

Maybe there'll be a way to replay them then. Maybe we won't be able to go back and see it retaken, but I could see an option going to the menu and doing the side-mission related. It's a possibility.

Also, I'm gonna have tons of fun messing around causing chaos in plantations I can tell. And just exploring around. Hoo boy.

x___Luffy___x
06-28-2013, 09:33 PM

yes , there should be an option for this.

ArabianFrost
06-28-2013, 09:41 PM
yes , there should be an option for this.

So Mods, you heard the people, can you include it in your next AC report? We want an option to replay forts.

Wolfmeister1010
06-28-2013, 09:59 PM

You can do that in FC3??????? How

ProletariatPleb
06-28-2013, 10:00 PM
You can do that in FC3???????
.............yes, it's an option in the menu.

pacmanate
06-28-2013, 10:00 PM
You can do that in FC3???????

Yup, they included it in a patch. They listened to the community, and did something about it. Unlike certain developers.

Wolfmeister1010
06-28-2013, 10:05 PM
.............yes, it's an option in the menu.

If it was in a patch then I probably stopped playing it before it came out...

LoyalACFan
06-28-2013, 10:46 PM
" -Forts have side-missions attached to them"

Maybe there'll be a way to replay them then. Maybe we won't be able to go back and see it retaken, but I could see an option going to the menu and doing the side-mission related. It's a possibility.

Also, I'm gonna have tons of fun messing around causing chaos in plantations I can tell. And just exploring around. Hoo boy.

This is what I'm thinking. Maybe they'll be the equivalent of the Peg Leg missions this time.

SixKeys
06-28-2013, 11:03 PM
This is what I'm thinking. Maybe they'll be the equivalent of the Peg Leg missions this time.

I think the forts will be linear missions along the lines of Fort Wolcott in AC3 (that's why you can't lose them after claiming them), plantations will be like Borgia towers and the smuggler caves will be like the Peg Leg missions (small, tomb-like platforming locations).

LoyalACFan
06-29-2013, 12:16 AM
I think the forts will be linear missions along the lines of Fort Wolcott in AC3 (that's why you can't lose them after claiming them), plantations will be like Borgia towers and the smuggler caves will be like the Peg Leg missions (small, tomb-like platforming locations).

Fort Wolcott was a Peg Leg mission, though. Not sure what you mean.

AdamPearce
06-29-2013, 02:32 AM
I think the forts will be linear missions along the lines of Fort Wolcott in AC3 (that's why you can't lose them after claiming them).

Yeah...no, this is bullsh*t.

Forts will be just like the Mortar Naval Mission in AC3, except this you will be able to go IN the Fort and take it, instead of just destroying it from your ship.

Jexx21
06-29-2013, 03:08 AM
From what I can tell, the Forts are a mix between the Forts in AC3 and the naval combat you had with forts in AC3.

Plantations are like the chests that required you to pick their locks, except you get to steal the key to the goodies rather than go through a frustrating mini-game, while of course offering a fort-like element to them.

And I agree with SixKeys that the smugglers dens will probably be like mini-freerunning puzzles (which aren't really puzzling).

Rugterwyper32
06-29-2013, 03:18 AM
From what I can tell, the Forts are a mix between the Forts in AC3 and the naval combat you had with forts in AC3.

Plantations are like the chests that required you to pick their locks, except you get to steal the key to the goodies rather than go through a frustrating mini-game, while of course offering a fort-like element to them.

And I agree with SixKeys that the smugglers dens will probably be like mini-freerunning puzzles (which aren't really puzzling).

From what I can tell, it'll work kinda like this: Forts, you have freedom to take on them many ways (I remember another preview mentioning swimming to shore for quite a while to avoid conflict. Or was that a huge ship? I don't remember), but after getting them under your control that's it, same as ACB and AC3. They'll all have related sidequests, too, so wonder what that's all about. The question is how many there'll be. Hopefully a lot.
Plantations seem like a mix between the hideouts in RDR and forts in the AC series. I think stealing the key will be the ideal stealth scenario, but maybe you'll be able to kill the owner or start a huge fight? That could be interesting and very fun, specially if the plantations are varied enough.
Smuggler dens do seem like small platforming puzzles. They might end up feeling Morrowind-y in the sense that they'll be quite similar to each other, maybe? Small platforming puzzles to add to the good fun of platforming puzzles that I can tell they've figured are rather popular.

Jexx21
06-29-2013, 03:30 AM
Still, forts seem to be AC3 Forts with naval.

Plantations are basically forts w/o naval but with a monetary reward at the end rather than having a military base under your control.

ProletariatPleb
06-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Didn't they already cover that in the interview with Ashraf tho?

kosmoscreed
06-29-2013, 05:08 AM
Wait, your fellow pirates help you to take down the forts?.