PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Play These Games?

tjbyrum1
06-28-2013, 03:33 AM
I LOVED Spartacus, one of my favorite TV shows ever. And so I was really hyped up to play this game. There's only one problem: I don't know how to play these games.

Now by 'these games' I mean any fighting game like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Deadliest Warrior, Tekken, etc. Been playing games like that ever since I had a Sega in the 90's, but never have I been able to play them good. As far as I can tell you just spam buttons, but I know that's not how you play the game.

I play a lot of games, like Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, The Last of Us, among many others, and I am not that bad at those games. But God forbid I ever play a side-view fighting game.

I get that blocking will deflect attacks, a pankration beats a block, and that you can evade attacks as well. But none of that counts for **** when the guy you're fighting is spamming attacks. I try blocking but I never can get an opening to retaliate. Hiding behind my shield only means I tire out and get left open for a super combo. Rolling away just delays the inevitable. I don't get it. What skills are needed in these games - if any?

Assassin's Creed combat is reflex-based and I understand how do to that. Hell, even Skyrim's combat is good for me, just block normal attacks, bash power attacks, and power attack blocks - that simple.

In other words... how the **** do you play this game properly?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Hi, there are some guides here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/778233-Spartacus-Legends-Player-Guide-Compendium which should help.