PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Assassin?

Spider_Sith9
06-24-2013, 09:10 PM
http://www.gamespot.com//news/assassins-creed-iv-dlc-features-a-new-assassin-6410550

Taken from a topic on GameFAQs. Pretty interesting if you ask me.

LoyalACFan
06-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Already been discussed. In the Season Pass thread.

Salt-Sage
06-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Jesus. The Assassin's Creed continuity is so battered. There's just no sense of a theme. Why does AC4 have a subtitle? Why is it going into the past? Why is it about pirates? Why did Ezio get 3 games? Why do you play as Connor's dad in AC3? What the hell are they losing if they opt out of annual releases? (money, duh) Seriously. 3 games, 3 assassins. Next trilogy, new modern day hero and 3 new assassins. That's all I ask. Pulling more **** like this only muddies the franchise.

Sorry for the micro-rant, but when franchises pull stuff like this I feel they really devalue themselves.

xryanx28
06-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Jesus. The Assassin's Creed continuity is so battered. There's just no sense of a theme. Why does AC4 have a subtitle? Why is it going into the past? Why is it about pirates? Why did Ezio get 3 games? Why do you play as Connor's dad in AC3? What the hell are they losing if they opt out of annual releases? (money, duh) Seriously. 3 games, 3 assassins. Next trilogy, new modern day hero and 3 new assassins. That's all I ask. Pulling more **** like this only muddies the franchise.

Sorry for the micro-rant, but when franchises pull stuff like this I feel they really devalue themselves.

they said they added the subtitle to attract people to the game and make it very clear its a pirate game. more people will play the game cause of the pirate theme and if someone saw assassins creed 4 with no subtitle they wouldnt know its a pirate game unless they look into it of course

Salt-Sage
06-25-2013, 10:37 PM
That makes sense, but I still think it's just odd.

BATISTABUS
06-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Why does AC4 have a subtitle?
Why is it going into the past?
Why is it about pirates?
Why did Ezio get 3 games?
Why do you play as Connor's dad in AC3?

So people know that this is the open world pirate game that gamers have been dreaming of. They have flat-out said this. Since this will be a significantly different experience than AC3 and stars a new protagonist, it wouldn't be fair to compare this release to a Brotherhood sub-sequel.

Because all AC games go into the past? Why is it going further back than AC3? Why not? AC isn't a chronological retelling of history...it's a pseudo-science fiction about how people in modern times are searching for things in the past based on clues and research. It seems natural that they would have to jump around a bit.

Because Edward was a pirate, and apparently he does something very important to influence the Assassin/Templar struggle. Pirates (like Assassins) are all about freedom, but in the most extreme sense. It creates a good philosophical and character-based dilemma. Any true AC fan should be drooling over the narrative possibilities. Grey area and conflict everywhere.

Because Ezio was popular, Ubisoft had the resources, and AC3 needed time to be developed.

Why not? It provided a crazy twist, not to mention that it made sense with the established lore and plot. I don't think people fault the game for having Haytham playable...I think the problem was that it took too long before we could become Connor.