PDA

View Full Version : fake mk108 hit point & BIGGO explosion effect

kamakaze75
08-14-2004, 03:39 AM
maybey this topioc been brought up already so here it is again. mk 108 are just goin alittle too far with the bigo exlposion when they hit the ground. bigger than some or most bombs in IL2. wats up with that. but then again when u hit an enemy with a couple or even three to four of them ,some enemy planes are still in one piece flying .did mk 108 really explode like that and that big ? i like to know

kamakaze75
08-14-2004, 03:39 AM
maybey this topioc been brought up already so here it is again. mk 108 are just goin alittle too far with the bigo exlposion when they hit the ground. bigger than some or most bombs in IL2. wats up with that. but then again when u hit an enemy with a couple or even three to four of them ,some enemy planes are still in one piece flying .did mk 108 really explode like that and that big ? i like to know

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2004, 10:32 PM
After seeing our nuclear muzzle flashes, you ask this question??

It's all about the eye candy, man, all about the eye candy. Sadly enough...

carguy_
08-15-2004, 05:04 AM
MK108 should not explode like that into the ground,it`s a side effect of strenghtening MK108 damage.

The problem is with muzzle characteristics.HE rounds don`t penetrate,they explode on impact.IRL if HE round impact an armor it explodes and energy "ricochets" off the armor doing no big damage.

In this game HE round acts as if it always hits armor whereas unarmed wings should explode into pieces.

http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

WWMaxGunz
08-15-2004, 05:25 AM
Watch the big flash explosions in playback with arcade=1.
I see a huge flash and only 1 arrow pointing straight ahead.
That tells me it's NOT an explosive round but INCENDIARY instead.

Makes a little sense that an external explosion of incendiary (fire)
material should make a big flash?

We have had tools to check things over a bit more than "it looks = it must be"
for a long time now. I wish we had a few more.

Neal