PDA

View Full Version : The Thing I Missed....

Poodle_of_Doom
06-23-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm starting this thread as a general discussion for things we missed in our first playthrough(s) of AC3. At that, feel free to discuss things as you all see fit. However, I myself may be starting a couple additional topics on things I want to get really specific about.

Anyway, I have recently concluded my second playthrough of AC3. Don't chastise me for only having completed it twice. I have only completed it twice because I was a little put off by my first play though. But with this one, I took my time. I took time to analyze all the dialouge, to analyaze the side stories. To explore more, and there are some things I missed in the storyline. Some parts of the story I don't think have answers, and won't until Black Flag.

One of the things I didn't get an answer for was why the Key to the New York site where we were in the present day made its way to England? Obviously Haytham had it. How did it get there? Was it brought there by Edward? Was it sent to Haytham? If it was, why not just send for Haytham, since he came to America anyway?

Something I missed in my first playthrough, or at least I missed it's contextual meaning the first time (I guess I always understood, it's just that it didn't impact me until my second playthrough) was the confrontation with Mills on the ship in the beginning of the game. Obviously, someone is dumping Cargo off the ship to allow someone to follow them. We also know at this point that Mills and some of his men may be planning a mutiny on the ship. During their conversations during the fight, Haytham tells Mills that he should of known they would be there, and that there is no place for his kind in the "New World". Then it makes since. All this seems really suspicious, that is, of course, until you find out that Haytham is a Templar. This means Mills was an Assassin, and was leaving breadcrumbs for other Assassins. My question is, do you think that these Assassins are part of the same order that Edward was? Perhaps it's the Queen Anne's Revenge hunting them down?

Another thing I caught, but didn't think much of during my first playthrough, generally because we didn't know Haytham was a Templar at this point was when you are trying to get William Johnsons chest, with all of his research in it, back. During the sequence, you allow a guy to live, and ask him how he came to know about the chest, and who sent him to steal it. He was told that it they were paid to do so, and that it was through dead drops and letters. The Assassins were looking to the precurssor site to, and were behind the theft of the chest.

One thing I noticed, this one being relitively minor, is that during the Prision sequence, where you are playing as Haytham, and are taking the prisoners into the camp in order to free some prisoners, eventually they are set free. Some of the people are carrying hatchets that look similar to the Assassin hatchets that Connor starts with.

Another thing I noticed, and this may have been a bit of an oversite on the developmeant team, or perhaps a little forshadowing on their part, but after the previously mentioned mission, Connor's Mother's database entry is updated. When it is, it goes on to explain that she had contact with a known Templar (who we later find out to be Haytham). My question is why it is that Desmond wasn't told about all of this. At that, when Lee is finally inducted into the Order, and all is revealed in terms of Haythem and the others being Templars, Desmond seems shocked by this revelation. However, as I previously mentioned, this seemed like forshadowing. Like we should of seen it coming. But we don't really read the Database entries do we?

Another thing I didn't think much of is when Haytham is brought to the precurssor site by Connor's Mother, and nothing happens with the key (because Haythem needed an Apple, not the Amulet). Haythem asks about the markings on the wall, and what they mean. Connor's Mother tells about how they represent various entities watching over them. One in particular is a spirit who leads and guides them, a lady. This lady would be Juno, who's consciousness seems to reside there. I never thought much of it until my second play through.

At one point, we hold a conversation with Shaun talks about how he'd like to turn the dial back even farther when they're "done here". And talks about how he'd like to turn it back andother 70,000 plus years, just to see what the first civilization was like. I'm wondering if this is something we'll get to explore in the next game as well, since they're supposedly opperating off the cloud, and have access to any memory now.

Another thing that I thought nothing of, until the announcement of the latest game, and the reveal of Blackbeard being a character was the Dead Chest Isle mission that you get from Peg Leg. There is a database entry that talks about how Blackbeard came to the island, and dropped off 15 men with Rume and Cutlasses, and left them for dead. I wonder now if this wasn't a front, and maybe this wasn't just a stronghold, or if he had left the men there to protect something.

Another thing that I think has ties to the next game, and will help add to the plot line, is the database entry for the Octavius. This was a Ghost Ship we visited, in search of William Kidd's treasure. It was said in the database entry that the Captain of the ship was the quartermaster for Blackbeard at one point. I'm interested in seeing how this ties into the next game.

This next one is a bit of a small thing, and just a passing reference, but during the prison sequence when Connor ends up in prision, Lee confronts him. During the conversation, Lee says that Connor is "nothing more than the tales [he] tells himself". Like I said, this is nothing major, but I did like the reference to S16...

Shortly after the prision sequence, we end up with an email on the computer from William. The email suggst that there may be a way to bypass some of the memmories, and pick and choose what you want to see. I think this is a little bit of foreshadowing to what we can expect in the next game.

Another thing I thought was interesting, and is something that I hope they explore in the next game, comes from one of Juno's emails. She talks about how "there were discs here once", and how they were "filled with lies", and becuase of that they were destroyed, and thrown into the abyss. I wonder what these discs contain? It really adds to the mystery of it all, or at least trys to add some here.

One thing I never got to do in my last playthrough was the last two homestead missions. One in particular is where you bury Achilles, and hold his funeral. Eventually, you can go back to talk to his grave. What do you all think about the things that connor has to say? I personally liked the fact that Connor says goodbye, until he joins him, and then he'll come to bother him once again. It really attests to the relationship that the two of them had. More on this in another thread.

So tell me, what do you all think about these things? Did you miss any of these? Are there things you missed during your first couple of playthroughs? I know I didn't think the storyline was all that intense on my first go, but after looking at the detail involved, and all the little things, I see how they may be setting up for the next game, and how there was some story line there I missed.

Thoughts?

pacmanate
06-23-2013, 06:53 PM
I only missed two of these things, the one with Blackbeard and the Dead Chest missions and the email disc thing.

Alot of the things you mentioned seem quiet obvious to me when I was playing.

Poodle_of_Doom
06-23-2013, 06:59 PM
They were to me to, but more as after thoughts. The game itself takes on a whole different light when your playing through expecting him to be a Templar.

However, what did you think about the Blackbeard entry and the email about the Discs?

I assume you caught the updated database entry on Connor's Mother, and figured out that the Templar she had a connection to was Haythem? Because the thing that got me was that this was mentioned in her entry before it was even revealed that Haytham and the others were Templars.

pacmanate
06-23-2013, 07:12 PM
They were to me to, but more as after thoughts. The game itself takes on a whole different light when your playing through expecting him to be a Templar.

However, what did you think about the Blackbeard entry and the email about the Discs?

I assume you caught the updated database entry on Connor's Mother, and figured out that the Templar she had a connection to was Haythem? Because the thing that got me was that this was mentioned in her entry before it was even revealed that Haytham and the others were Templars.

I am pretty sure that the Templar was Haytham.

I dont think we will be going back to that island as Blackbeard, as you said he kinda just left people to rot there. The seals however... memory seals I am guessing, left by TWCB for Desmond to show how evil Juno was or something?

poptartz20
06-23-2013, 07:36 PM
I caught all the blackbeard stuff, and when this one announced I honestly thought about how those things will now be explained/explored in full.

The part with Haytham and Ziio in the cave! Didn't think about that one! Good eye!

Also I don't remember the disks part at all! also as far as the Key goes. I believe it's safe to say that those things probably travel all over the world, so they could possibly end up anywhere. Also if we go by the Forsaken novel. Miko was the one that had it and Miko being the assasin who protected it was in England at the opera house that night when Haytham got his orders to find and kill him.

What I honestly never understood was the dialogue between the two. That's what got me. Why did Miko give up so easily, I know they were in an opera house but still to be an assassin and not fight? I know that he was older but hell Ezio still wouldn't have just sat there or so I would like to think he wouldn't have. But the line "You should have come to me... we would have found another way." Haytham then replies " Yes, But then you would have known--- For what it's worth I'm sorry" There was never any full clarity to that.

Am I the only one that thinks so? Miko and Haytham had one scuffle before meeting again in the opera house, the words shared between them make it sound like they are truly fond of each other in some way or at least talked several times to know each other to some extent.

Then again I could just be looking into this to deeply.

Poodle_of_Doom
06-23-2013, 07:36 PM
I am pretty sure that the Templar was Haytham.

I dont think we will be going back to that island as Blackbeard, as you said he kinda just left people to rot there. The seals however... memory seals I am guessing, left by TWCB for Desmond to show how evil Juno was or something?

I'm not sure. They don't really say what it was.

And the Templar is Haythem. But the point I'm trying to make is that when this is updated in the database, YOU DON'T KNOW that Haythem is a Templar at this point. It's put into the Database prior to this reveal.

And of course we won't go back as Blackbeard, because we don't play as Blackbeard. However, my question is, do you suspect that perhaps Edward, and Blackbeard, go there, realize what's there, and leave men behind to protect it?

I caught all the blackbeard stuff, and when this one announced I honestly thought about how those things will now be explained/explored in full.

The part with Haytham and Ziio in the cave! Didn't think about that one! Good eye!

Also I don't remember the disks part at all! also as far as the Key goes. I believe it's safe to say that those things probably travel all over the world, so they could possibly end up anywhere. Also if we go by the Forsaken novel. Miko was the one that had it and Miko being the assasin who protected it was in England at the opera house that night when Haytham got his orders to find and kill him.

What I honestly never understood was the dialogue between the two. That's what got me. Why did Miko give up so easily, I know they were in an opera house but still to be an assassin and not fight? I know that he was older but hell Ezio still wouldn't have just sat there or so I would like to think he wouldn't have. But the line "You should have come to me... we would have found another way." Haytham then replies " Yes, But then you would have known--- For what it's worth I'm sorry" There was never any full clarity to that.

Am I the only one that thinks so? Miko and Haytham had one scuffle before meeting again in the opera house, the words shared between them make it sound like they are truly fond of each other in some way or at least talked several times to know each other to some extent.

Then again I could just be looking into this to deeply.

I think you're right about the conversation. I just assumed it was because Haythem was a former Assassin though.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-07-2013, 10:09 PM
I'm starting this thread as a general discussion for things we missed in our first playthrough(s) of AC3. At that, feel free to discuss things as you all see fit. However, I myself may be starting a couple additional topics on things I want to get really specific about.

Anyway, I have recently concluded my second playthrough of AC3. Don't chastise me for only having completed it twice. I have only completed it twice because I was a little put off by my first play though. But with this one, I took my time. I took time to analyze all the dialouge, to analyaze the side stories. To explore more, and there are some things I missed in the storyline. Some parts of the story I don't think have answers, and won't until Black Flag.

One of the things I didn't get an answer for was why the Key to the New York site where we were in the present day made its way to England? Obviously Haytham had it. How did it get there? Was it brought there by Edward? Was it sent to Haytham? If it was, why not just send for Haytham, since he came to America anyway?

Something I missed in my first playthrough, or at least I missed it's contextual meaning the first time (I guess I always understood, it's just that it didn't impact me until my second playthrough) was the confrontation with Mills on the ship in the beginning of the game. Obviously, someone is dumping Cargo off the ship to allow someone to follow them. We also know at this point that Mills and some of his men may be planning a mutiny on the ship. During their conversations during the fight, Haytham tells Mills that he should of known they would be there, and that there is no place for his kind in the "New World". Then it makes since. All this seems really suspicious, that is, of course, until you find out that Haytham is a Templar. This means Mills was an Assassin, and was leaving breadcrumbs for other Assassins. My question is, do you think that these Assassins are part of the same order that Edward was? Perhaps it's the Queen Anne's Revenge hunting them down?

Another thing I caught, but didn't think much of during my first playthrough, generally because we didn't know Haytham was a Templar at this point was when you are trying to get William Johnsons chest, with all of his research in it, back. During the sequence, you allow a guy to live, and ask him how he came to know about the chest, and who sent him to steal it. He was told that it they were paid to do so, and that it was through dead drops and letters. The Assassins were looking to the precurssor site to, and were behind the theft of the chest.

One thing I noticed, this one being relitively minor, is that during the Prision sequence, where you are playing as Haytham, and are taking the prisoners into the camp in order to free some prisoners, eventually they are set free. Some of the people are carrying hatchets that look similar to the Assassin hatchets that Connor starts with.

Another thing I noticed, and this may have been a bit of an oversite on the developmeant team, or perhaps a little forshadowing on their part, but after the previously mentioned mission, Connor's Mother's database entry is updated. When it is, it goes on to explain that she had contact with a known Templar (who we later find out to be Haytham). My question is why it is that Desmond wasn't told about all of this. At that, when Lee is finally inducted into the Order, and all is revealed in terms of Haythem and the others being Templars, Desmond seems shocked by this revelation. However, as I previously mentioned, this seemed like forshadowing. Like we should of seen it coming. But we don't really read the Database entries do we?

Another thing I didn't think much of is when Haytham is brought to the precurssor site by Connor's Mother, and nothing happens with the key (because Haythem needed an Apple, not the Amulet). Haythem asks about the markings on the wall, and what they mean. Connor's Mother tells about how they represent various entities watching over them. One in particular is a spirit who leads and guides them, a lady. This lady would be Juno, who's consciousness seems to reside there. I never thought much of it until my second play through.

At one point, we hold a conversation with Shaun talks about how he'd like to turn the dial back even farther when they're "done here". And talks about how he'd like to turn it back andother 70,000 plus years, just to see what the first civilization was like. I'm wondering if this is something we'll get to explore in the next game as well, since they're supposedly opperating off the cloud, and have access to any memory now.

Another thing that I thought nothing of, until the announcement of the latest game, and the reveal of Blackbeard being a character was the Dead Chest Isle mission that you get from Peg Leg. There is a database entry that talks about how Blackbeard came to the island, and dropped off 15 men with Rume and Cutlasses, and left them for dead. I wonder now if this wasn't a front, and maybe this wasn't just a stronghold, or if he had left the men there to protect something.

Another thing that I think has ties to the next game, and will help add to the plot line, is the database entry for the Octavius. This was a Ghost Ship we visited, in search of William Kidd's treasure. It was said in the database entry that the Captain of the ship was the quartermaster for Blackbeard at one point. I'm interested in seeing how this ties into the next game.

This next one is a bit of a small thing, and just a passing reference, but during the prison sequence when Connor ends up in prision, Lee confronts him. During the conversation, Lee says that Connor is "nothing more than the tales [he] tells himself". Like I said, this is nothing major, but I did like the reference to S16...

Shortly after the prision sequence, we end up with an email on the computer from William. The email suggst that there may be a way to bypass some of the memmories, and pick and choose what you want to see. I think this is a little bit of foreshadowing to what we can expect in the next game.

Another thing I thought was interesting, and is something that I hope they explore in the next game, comes from one of Juno's emails. She talks about how "there were discs here once", and how they were "filled with lies", and becuase of that they were destroyed, and thrown into the abyss. I wonder what these discs contain? It really adds to the mystery of it all, or at least trys to add some here.

One thing I never got to do in my last playthrough was the last two homestead missions. One in particular is where you bury Achilles, and hold his funeral. Eventually, you can go back to talk to his grave. What do you all think about the things that connor has to say? I personally liked the fact that Connor says goodbye, until he joins him, and then he'll come to bother him once again. It really attests to the relationship that the two of them had. More on this in another thread.

So tell me, what do you all think about these things? Did you miss any of these? Are there things you missed during your first couple of playthroughs? I know I didn't think the storyline was all that intense on my first go, but after looking at the detail involved, and all the little things, I see how they may be setting up for the next game, and how there was some story line there I missed.

Thoughts?

I'm surprised by some of the things mentioned here, and that they weren't discussed further in detail in the latest installment. Take for instance, Mills leaving a trail for the Assassins to follow. Perhaps it was the Aquila? Perhaps the Jackdaw? And the stuff about Blackbeard? I'm surprised it was never touched on.