PDA

View Full Version : AC Feedback to the DEV's

Micksmaster
06-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi there FORUM MEMBERS (and hopefully devs) I think the assassin's creed series is really awesome, there is no other word for it, when I was younger and heard that you would play as a medieval assassin for the first time I had never been this excited about a game ever. But as my age grew so did my attention to AI bugs and general problems with the game, and so I decided to post a thread to make sure that the assassin's creed team at least had the opportunity to read through my suggestions. And so here my list begins.

1) the social stealth system in this game has always been a little broken/ not functioning properly, from ac 2 where stealing and stealth assassinating on rooftops would get you notoriety for no reason, to ac 3 where guards had eyes in the back of their necks and me downright entering conflict and getting chased out of nowhere. My last point specifically made stealth in ac 3 a tedious process, you don't feel very stealthy when you get a guard following you and pestering you to disappear no matter where you went. I think the game should be a little more forgiving and not so strict on it's rules, it strangles the players feeling of "badassery", I also hope you make crowd stealth more practical, because the lack of people in the mist recent installment was not. and just a final annoyance, killing the rooftop guards would in most cases trigger conflicts down on the ground which I found very peculiar

2) Free running and sprinting in ac 3 looked as good as ever, kudos. Climbing walls and what-not looked amazing in ac 3. However the one-button system in the most recent game hurt more than it helped IMO, you could no longer control sprinting, jogging or walking. And and pressing in the button made Connor a running ball of glue, as he would run into-and on top of every obstacle and it would be an annoying process to get him to jump down on the ground again, especially during chase sequences. This has always been a small problem in ac but I feel that the one-button system only enhanced it. And it is still very much possible for you to jump into the wrong directions and sometimes assassinating a guard that isn't even targeted or remotely close by. another not eis that the rooftops in ac 3 was useless IMO, with huge gaps in between the streets and in most cases nothing connecting them, maybe 1 clothesline on the other end of the city if you were lucky. The process of having to go down on the pavement and back up buildings for every four blocks combined with the ever-so-annoying psychic guard crews on top of EVERY building telling you to get off the roof made rooftops a very unattractive option of moving across the city.

There arenot many points in my post but these two points are something that I feel very strongly about, I think that fixing these points would put the game up another level, these ar my two cents on how to (drastically) improve the game

pacmanate
06-23-2013, 03:06 PM
If you were playing on PS3, jogging is weird. Actually here is something I found out that is different in both systems regarding Jogging.

Xbox 360 - Left thumb stick as usual to move. Fully pressing down the Right Trigger would make Connor sprint, half pressing it would make him Jog
PS3 - Left thumb stick to move, however R1 is used to sprint as it is not pressure sensitive. The left thumb stick actually controls jogging by how far up you push the analogue stick.

IMO, the PS3's system was flawed for running. Having to half push the analogue stick is hard to maintain a consistent jog, its way easier on the 360.

I do agree with jumping down to the floor. This is a flaw of getting rid of the Assassins claw. Imo it was easier to fall off a ledge as all you had to do was let go of X or A to jump down.

freddie_1897
06-23-2013, 06:05 PM
bump (don't worry, i'm trying to help get rid of these spam threads)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Hi, please do not bump threads.

This raises forum traffic and clutter unnecessarily and moves more active threads down the page. As such it is not allowed and may result in the thread being lost and persistent offenders may have their posting privileges removed.

freddie_1897
06-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi, please do not bump threads.

This raises forum traffic and clutter unnecessarily and moves more active threads down the page. As such it is not allowed and may result in the thread being lost and persistent offenders may have their posting privileges removed.
sorry, although i bumped them in such a way that the only threads that were moved off the page were spams. I assumed that if active threads were still on the front page they would still be posted on.

in any case i will refrain from doing so in the future.