PDA

View Full Version : Buying black flag for both xbox 360 and xbox one , dlc codes transfer?

Elion xTEAMx
06-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Now i know its probarly not working like this, but I would like to bring it up.
I think the black flag will be a great creed game, and im buying it the day it comes out.
But then shortly after the xbox one releases, and probarly so the black flag game to.

Now I work at gamestop, and i pre ordered my own bucaneer edition of the game, but i dont want to waste the money again for xbox one just to get the same DLC, have there been any talk about f.ex letting people buying the xbox one normal edition of the game take use of our already well spent money to get the dlc we already have on the previous machine.

Sushiglutton
06-23-2013, 12:48 PM
When will you buy the X1+AC4 for X1? I mean the DLC will release a long time after X1.

pacmanate
06-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Now i know its probarly not working like this, but I would like to bring it up.
I think the black flag will be a great creed game, and im buying it the day it comes out.
But then shortly after the xbox one releases, and probarly so the black flag game to.

Now I work at gamestop, and i pre ordered my own bucaneer edition of the game, but i dont want to waste the money again for xbox one just to get the same DLC, have there been any talk about f.ex letting people buying the xbox one normal edition of the game take use of our already well spent money to get the dlc we already have on the previous machine.

You should be able to redownload the DLC onto the X1.... You use the same gamertag so all previous purchases should be available to download on the X1. If X1 and 360 use different download codes now (although Im not 100% sure on this at all) then you wont be able to transfer it.

Best bet is to ask Microsoft directly.

deskp
06-23-2013, 05:40 PM
You should be able to redownload the DLC onto the X1.... You use the same gamertag so all previous purchases should be available to download on the X1. If X1 and 360 use different download codes now (although Im not 100% sure on this at all) then you wont be able to transfer it.

Dlc for xbox onea nd xbox 360 will be seterate items. not transferrable in any way. you needa buy the game seperatley, the same goes for the dlc.

freddie_1897
06-23-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm honestly trying to help with all this thread bumping.

montagemik
06-23-2013, 06:16 PM

I Couldn't see Microsoft allowing DLC to be transferable between 360 / XB 1 formats of the same game - (even if it were possible) Different format = Different coding.

I'm wondering why somebody who works at Gamestop is even thinking this could be a possibility. :confused:

Different formats - Different coding - Different DLC content code required.

Elion xTEAMx
06-23-2013, 07:47 PM
I Couldn't see Microsoft allowing DLC to be transferable between 360 / XB 1 formats of the same game - (even if it were possible) Different format = Different coding.

I'm wondering why somebody who works at Gamestop is even thinking this could be a possibility. :confused:

Different formats - Different coding - Different DLC content code required.

I think this could work when it comes to bonus items in the games, since its a unique situation .
Of course i know that things USUALY are different in between console generations, I was just pointing out that people will be buying the game before the xbox one and many also after...
Only plus here is that gamestop lets us trade the game in , so thats the middleground.