PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Video game characters..

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 01:04 AM
So lets see where AC heroes rank with ya`ll...you can do top any # you like...

1- John Marston (may be shared with Joel)
2- Vito Scaletta
3- Niko Bellic
4- Jin Kazama
5- Sherlock Holmes
6- Altair/ Connor
7- "Green Beret" Jerry Mchale
8- Geralt of Rivia
9- Nathan Drake
10- Spyro the dragon

xryanx28
06-23-2013, 01:10 AM
Marcus and Dom from gears of war and Master chief from halo for xbox 360 players =)

doogsy91
06-23-2013, 01:24 AM
The only one on that list who I care for is John Marston, who is a superbly crafted and performed character, but for me, pre-Conviction Sam Fisher absolutely takes the cake. Every minute detail about his personality and backstory make him so perfectly suited to his role in the games. Oh and that voice... Never has a voice actor done such a sublime job... Ever.

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 01:29 AM
The only one on that list who I care for is John Marston, who is a superbly crafted and performed character, but for me, pre-Conviction Sam Fisher absolutely takes the cake. Every minute detail about his personality and backstory make him so perfectly suited to his role in the games. Oh and that voice... Never has a voice actor done such a sublime job... Ever.
Yeah that`s MY list, you`re supposed to make your own xD

doogsy91
06-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Yeah that`s MY list, you`re supposed to make your own xD
OK...

1 - Sam Fisher
2 - John Marston

TheHumanTowel
06-23-2013, 01:42 AM
Garrus Bro-karian and Mordin I really like from Mass Effect.

Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank my favourite from back in the PS2 days.

Altair/Ezio (Although Ezio had outstayed his welcome by ACR)

Rugterwyper32
06-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Not in order, 'cause I don't feel like ordering stuff: Agent 47, John Marston, the entire playable cast from Fire Emblem 7 (yes this counts), Sam Fisher, Sonic the Hedgehog (namely during Colors, he's got some amazing lines there), pre-Other M Samus (man Other M sucked), Connor Kenway, James Sunderland, Alucard in SotN (even better with the bad voice acting), Wind Waker Ganondorf, and finally, the cold blooded killer, the most brutal of them all, the one and only, Kirby. ****ing Kirby the eater of galaxies.
And how could I forget, Marisa Kirisame from the bullet hell series Touhou

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank my favourite from back in the PS2 days.

I feel kinda guilty for leaving out Ratchet :|

TheHumanTowel
06-23-2013, 01:47 AM
I feel kinda guilty for leaving out Ratchet :|
You should you monster

JohnBoyzZ
06-23-2013, 01:49 AM
It would take me a while to rank which ones I like the most so I'll just list em in a random order

Gold/Ethan - Pokemon GSC/HGSS
Soap MacTavish - CoD Modern Warfare
Sothe - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance; Radiant Dawn
Niko Bellic - GTA IV
Ezio Auditore - derp

I can't think of anymore. My list seems pretty poor.

Bashilir
06-23-2013, 01:55 AM
1. Joel(where the hell is his last name?)

2. Delsin Rowe(just his rebel attitude intrigues me..)

3. Ellie

I honestly don't know any other ones.

roostersrule2
06-23-2013, 02:00 AM
1. John Marston- RDR
2. Ezio Auditore - That shooting game
3. Lee Everet- The Walking Dead
4. Connor/Altair- COD BLOPS 2
5. Cole Phelps- L.A. Noire
6. Trevor- GTA 5 (Haha he is already the best)

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Games that you actually played, guys :|

No..No..you haven't played GTA V nor Second son yet

Megas_Doux
06-23-2013, 02:22 AM
The Boss, Big Boss, Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, Solidus snake and Ocelot!!

And then:

1 Haytham Kenway
2 John Marston
3 Ratonhaketon
4 Altair Ibn la Ahad
5 Lara Croft
6 A K U M A
7 Sephiroth
8 Kain
9 Scorpion
10 Kratos
11 Nathan Drake.
12 Ezio Auditore

Black_Widow9
06-23-2013, 02:40 AM
Zelda
Darunia (Ocarina of Time)
Aela the Huntress (Skyrim)
The entire Fire Emblem Awakening cast
Professor Layton
Lara Croft
Altair
Ezio
John Marston

LoyalACFan
06-23-2013, 02:47 AM
Is this just playable protagonists? If so...

1. John Marston
2. Joel/Ellie
3. Big Boss
4. Ezio
5. Johnny Klebitz
6. Cole MacGrath
7. Spyro the Dragon (the PS1 version, not new lame Spyro)
8. Altair
9. Starkiller
10. Solid Snake

Honorable mention for Lee Everett, although Clementine completely and utterly stole the show.

Sigv4rd
06-23-2013, 02:51 AM
Cool thread M :)
In no particular order
-John Marston
-Ratohnhake:ton
-Achilles Davenport
-Ezio Auditore Da Firenze
-Altiar ibn la ahad
-Vaas Montenegro
-Haytham Kenway
-Morrigan
-Robert E. House
-Sly Cooper
-The Joker
-The Prince (Prince of Persia)
-Gordon Freeman
-GLaDOS
-Elizabeth (Bioshock: Infinite)
-Shaun Hastings

Honorable Mentions (the best characters that don't have their own video games but should)
-Steven Colbert
-He-Man
-Morgan Freeman
-Nicolas Cage
-Aquaman

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Is this just playable protagonists? If so...

1. John Marston
2. Joel/Ellie
3. Big Boss
4. Ezio
5. Johnny Klebitz
6. Cole MacGrath
7. Spyro the Dragon (the PS1 version, not new lame Spyro)
8. Altair
9. Starkiller
10. Solid Snake

Honorable mention for Lee Everett, although Clementine completely and utterly stole the show.
Nah..not just playable characters and protagonists...just any video game character..

ArabianFrost
06-23-2013, 03:14 AM
In no order:
-Thomas from Thomas was Alone (seriously, how many times have you felt emotions for a rectangle? )
-Alta´r
-John Marston
-Vaas
-Connor Kenway
-Achilles Davenport
-Shaun Hastings
-Niccolo Machiavelli
-Haytham Kenway/Charles Lee

Can't seem to think of any more. This is definitely not a complete list.

Rugterwyper32
06-23-2013, 03:18 AM
Somehow I forgot the most influential character from the most influential game of our times.

Tetris indeed.

It’s like the most artistic form to tell a story. It really shows politically how corrupt a government can be in maintaining our crumbling economy. It also involves the outlook on how overpopulated the human race has become, consuming all the space we can take up. All the colors show the different diverse characters colliding together in forced conflict and unable to break apart unless they reunite with others they can relate to. The pace starts out slow until it speeds up at just the right time to cause a great deal of tension.

In the end, the outstanding performance of the “L block” has really given a sense of purpose in what it takes to be a top notch videogame character.

In Silent Hill you get characters in monotone. In RE you get cliche’d generic characters. Mario is just a mess from the start for being an Itallian plumber who takes shrooms and trips out in his “mushroom kingdom”.

MGS goes all over the place too. Solid Snake is getting too old now to move on and his time in videogames is coming at an end.

Which is why the “L block” is so special. He’s timeless. He relates to major events in our past, present, and future.

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 03:26 AM
Somehow I forgot the most influential character from the most influential game of our times.

Tetris indeed.

It’s like the most artistic form to tell a story. It really shows politically how corrupt a government can be in maintaining our crumbling economy. It also involves the outlook on how overpopulated the human race has become, consuming all the space we can take up. All the colors show the different diverse characters colliding together in forced conflict and unable to break apart unless they reunite with others they can relate to. The pace starts out slow until it speeds up at just the right time to cause a great deal of tension.

In the end, the outstanding performance of the “L block” has really given a sense of purpose in what it takes to be a top notch videogame character.

In Silent Hill you get characters in monotone. In RE you get cliche’d generic characters. Mario is just a mess from the start for being an Itallian plumber who takes shrooms and trips out in his “mushroom kingdom”.

MGS goes all over the place too. Solid Snake is getting too old now to move on and his time in videogames is coming at an end.

Which is why the “L block” is so special. He’s timeless. He relates to major events in our past, present, and future.
You`re a brilliant person...I did forget to commend you the first time you posted this, but i`m doing it now..also

http://gyazo.com/e0cb7c2f722e8762246522b16d9213f8.png

ProletariatPleb
06-23-2013, 03:26 AM
1. Geralt of Rivia (this was obvious)
2. Iorveth
3. Alta´r
4. Max Payne
5. King Foltest
6. Adam Jensen
7.Haytham Kenway

Probably more but I can't think at the moment.

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 03:28 AM
Probably more but I can't think *
Hehe

ArabianFrost
06-23-2013, 03:29 AM
So i wanted to include a couple of characters to my list but I felt they were too strong to be brought down by characters that simply pale in comparison. Truly a masterpiece of character development.

http://www.ng4a.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/unearted.jpg

This 3 mother****ers up there were made by some Saudis, so you know for a damn fact that they are fleshed out, well-written and down right lovable. If Saudi TV entertainment has taught me anything, it's that Saudis are the best character writers in the damn world. /s*

Also, have you seen her Hijab? that alone is a reason to love that girl. It means that she is actually realistic and not sexualised (silvermercy here?)

As for our super here. He is definitely an original character unlike any other. He is fleshed out realistic and also a Saudi guy that hangs out with a Saudi girl, so you know for a fact that he is a rebel against his government. So brave that kid. He's also definitely not a Saudi Nathan Drake knock off in a game that definitely isn't a blindingly obvious Uncharted knockoff

The old man is just wise, so he gets an honorary mention.

ArabianFrost
06-23-2013, 03:31 AM
2. Iorveth
3. Alta´r
4. Max Payne
5. King Foltest
6. Adam Jensen
7.Haytham Kenway

Why did you include RPG characters? It doesn't makes sense to some extent. YOU opt their choices, decisions and personality, so it wouldn't really make sense to like characters that YOU make, right?

ProletariatPleb
06-23-2013, 03:34 AM
Why did you include RPG characters? It doesn't makes sense to some extent. YOU opt their choices, decisions and personality, so it wouldn't really make sense to like characters that YOU make, right?
RPG characters with a personality derp. There are not 'create a character yourself and get addressed by NPCs with generic lines' types of characters.

LoyalACFan
06-23-2013, 05:47 AM
Nah..not just playable characters and protagonists...just any video game character..

Well, in that case, I have to add Zeke Dunbar, Al Mualim, and Yusuf Amir.

LoyalACFan
06-23-2013, 05:49 AM
So i wanted to include a couple of characters to my list but I felt they were too strong to be brought down by characters that simply pale in comparison. Truly a masterpiece of character development.

http://www.ng4a.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/unearted.jpg

This 3 mother****ers up there were made by some Saudis, so you know for a damn fact that they are fleshed out, well-written and down right lovable. If Saudi TV entertainment has taught me anything, it's that Saudis are the best character writers in the damn world. /s*

Also, have you seen her Hijab? that alone is a reason to love that girl. It means that she is actually realistic and not sexualised (silvermercy here?)

As for our super here. He is definitely an original character unlike any other. He is fleshed out realistic and also a Saudi guy that hangs out with a Saudi girl, so you know for a fact that he is a rebel against his government. So brave that kid. He's also definitely not a Saudi Nathan Drake knock off in a game that definitely isn't a blindingly obvious Uncharted knockoff

The old man is just wise, so he gets an honorary mention.

Lol, even the title was an Uncharted ripoff, wasn't it? Unearthed, or something?

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 05:51 AM
Lol, even the title was an Uncharted ripoff, wasn't it? Unearthed, or something?
please not the name....anything but the name :|

LoyalACFan
06-23-2013, 05:52 AM
please not the name....anything but the name :|

:confused:

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 05:53 AM
:confused:
The name is stupid :|

LoyalACFan
06-23-2013, 06:05 AM

Indeed :p Have you played it? If so, is it really as much of an Uncharted ripoff as everyone says?

Legendz54
06-23-2013, 06:16 AM
1: Ellie (Last of us)
2: Joel(last of us)
3 Connor (AC3)
4: Altair (AC1)

i only like characters that touch me emotionally, and these 4 have done it.

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 06:20 AM
Indeed :p Have you played it? If so, is it really as much of an Uncharted ripoff as everyone says?
Haven't played it no, but I saw someone play it and yes...it`s an Uncharted rip off...I mean...A lady (Fisher) a young explorer( Drake) and a mentor (Sully).

You explore tombs and temples following the footsteps of a famous medieval explorer around different cities...Yup..Yup

Ureh
06-23-2013, 06:24 AM
1. Andrew Ryan
2. Three Dog
3. Triss Merigold
4. Ellie
5. Fenix, Zeratual, Tassadar, Raynor, Kerrigan (StarCraft)
6. Tyrael
7. Farah
8. Connor/Altair
9. Ezio
10. Sofia Sartor
11. Rosa/Paola/Theodora/Anetta
12. Deckard Cain
13. Silda de Tanserville/Phillipa Eilhart/Francesa Findabar
14. Zevron/Morrigan/Oghren
15. Dogmeat/Mubari

AC2_alex
06-23-2013, 07:08 AM
1. Link
2. Sonic
3. Rayman
4. Elizabeth
5. Andrew Ryan
6. Connor
7. Joker
8. Ezio
9. Leonardo da Vinci
10. Mario

ArabianFrost
06-23-2013, 07:12 AM

The Arabic name is actually quite nice. Has a very "grand" ring to it. Game is still bullocks.

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 07:14 AM
The Arabic name is actually quite nice. Has a very "grand" ring to it. Game is still bullocks.
Yeah the Arabic name, but it sounds just as bullocks in English :|

I shall usher the Renaissance of Arab games someday :|

ArabianFrost
06-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Yeah the Arabic name, but it sounds just as bullocks in English :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

Just pray a foreign company picks you up, like Ashraf Ismail, otherwise, I hope you have enough time for an engineering degree, cause you'll need it.

ArabianFrost
06-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Yeah the Araal-mashhad.com/Media/News/2012/5/10/2012-634722592652365670-236.jpgbic name, but it sounds just as bullocks in English :|

Talking about renaissances, we already have one in Egypt if you want to start now.

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Talking about renaissances, we already have one in Egypt if you want to start now. Maybe you've heard of it.

www.ikhwanonline.com/Data/2012/5/2/2596.jpg
I probably shouldn't have used the word Renaissance :|

AdamPearce
06-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Ellie from The Last of Us.

Cute
Brilliant
Funny
Strong
Mature

I hope she existed.

+ I don't like Joel, he is a freaking good character. But I just don't enjoy him as much as Ellie.

ArabianFrost
06-23-2013, 07:34 AM
I probably shouldn't have used the word Renaissance :|

You really really shouldn't. It seems the Nahda here is so awe-inspiring, I can't upload any images of it. Truly a sign of truth.

Gi1t
06-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Zelda

Which one? XD (I personally loved the version from Skyward Sword the most. :D

Marcus and Dom from gears of war and Master chief from halo for xbox 360 players =)

?
Do you mean they're your favorite characters from 360 games or are you insinuating that ALL 360 players have are these characters? -__- (I really hope it's not the latter)

Anyway, for me, let's see

Elika (Prince of Persia)
Raven, Rita and Yuri (Tales of Vesperia)
Faize (Star Ocean 4)
Theodore (Ninja Gaiden 3)
Sheena (Tales of Symphonia)
Banjo & Kazooie

MadJC1986
06-23-2013, 09:53 AM
So much love for Joel and Ellie. I gotta play Last of Us!

Dosenwabe
06-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Mass Effect: Commander Shepard (only my personal). And the whole squad.

Sushiglutton
06-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Max Payne, Alan Wake, Wheatley, Mordin, Andrew Ryan, Tenenbaum, Elizabeth (BS:Infinite), Ezio, Geralt (entire cast is cool), The Joker etc etc.

Gil_217
06-23-2013, 12:18 PM
No particular order:

Max Payne, Ocelot, Al Mualim, Marston, Liquid, Big Boss, Shepard, Mordin, Wrex (all Mass Effect and Metal Gear basically), Alta´r, Ezio, Haytham, Cesare, Lee, Garnier, Drake, Vaas, Tommy Vercetti, Joel/Ellie.....

I'm forgetting a lot, but that's it for now.

EDIT: Extremely happy to see someone mention a character from the Commandos. Epic games. One of the series that I loved during my early 10's. I was so addicted to it. So many memories.

TheHumanTowel
06-23-2013, 01:20 PM
2. Iorveth
3. Alta´r
4. Max Payne
5. King Foltest
6. Adam Jensen
7.Haytham Kenway

I'm glad to see you've accepted the Iorveth path is the superiour one.

Silhouelle
06-23-2013, 01:45 PM
No particular order;

- Connor (AC3)
- Kain (Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series)
- Raziel (Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series)
- Big Boss (MGS series)
- Gray Fox (MGS series)
- Tatsumaru (Tenchu 2) and Ayame (Tenchu series) in that order.
- Vaas (Farcry 3)
- Commander Shepard, female version (Mass Effect series)
- Wei Shen (Sleeping Dogs)
- Grigori (Dragon's Dogma)
- Garrett (Thief series)

avk111
06-23-2013, 01:53 PM
- AC3 - Connor
- AC2 - Ezio
- Metal Gear Solid - Snake
- Xenogears - Fei Fo Wong.
- Resident Evil - Old Skool Police man fella forgot his name.
- Jak & Dexter - Jak
- Legend of Zelda - Link
- Legacy of Kain - Raziel
- Samurai Showdown - The main Samurai Fella
- Street Fighter - Ryu

Thats what I can think of at the moment.

freddie_1897
06-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Achilles. Ellie.

poptartz20
06-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Every Character of every game I have ever played. s

But more realistically in no order

Haytham Kenway
Morrigan & Alistair (Dragon Age)
Andrew Ryan (Bioshock)
Ethan Mars (Heavy Rain - Depending on how you played this, this man was a dedicated father! haha)
Sly Cooper
Krato & Kratos (GoW and Tales of Syphonia)
Balthier (FF12)
Hyo (Rival Schools)
Kilik (Soul Calibur)
Ellie & Joel (The last of us)
Nathan Drake and Sully (Uncharted)
Quark (Ratchet and Clank)
Laharl (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)

I like a mess of characters, but this list would go on, and on, and on...

Gi1t
06-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Kratos & Kratos (GoW and Tales of Syphonia)

Funny how it's spelled the same way, yet pronounced differently isn't it? :D

I always play as Kratos when Sheena isn't around, which funnily enough works out almost perfectly. :)

poptartz20
06-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Funny how it's spelled the same way, yet pronounced differently isn't it? :D

I always play as Kratos when Sheena isn't around, which funnily enough works out almost perfectly. :)

Hahah... I know right! But they are both EXTREMELY power characters in their onn right. One being and Angel and the other one being a god. huh. I never really thought about that. haha.

Assassin_M
06-23-2013, 08:20 PM
EDIT: Extremely happy to see someone mention a character from the Commandos. Epic games. One of the series that I loved during my early 10's. I was so addicted to it. So many memories.
I was 11 when I played behind enemy lines :D

great games

SaintPerkele
06-23-2013, 10:35 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0f/Sander_Cohen.jpg/200px-Sander_Cohen.jpg > everybody else

ProletariatPleb
06-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Andrew Ryan (Bioshock)
The bloody king of rapture......**** how can I forget him...

poptartz20
06-23-2013, 10:44 PM
The bloody king of rapture......**** how can I forget him...

:confused: I'm not sure myself! haha. Such an awesome philosopher. Did you ever play Bio2? Even though I thought Sophia Lamb was good,but she just didn't do it for me like Ryan did.

ProletariatPleb
06-23-2013, 10:55 PM
:confused: I'm not sure myself! haha. Such an awesome philosopher. Did you ever play Bio2? Even though I thought Sophia Lamb was good,but she just didn't do it for me like Ryan did.
I did. I like those 2 compared to Infi.

SaintPerkele
06-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Yep. Probably because it wasn't produced by the team behind the first Bioshock (and especially Ken Levine). It was more of a big add-on that had no chance of getting close to the first one, even though the gameplay improved. Lamb was just shoehorned in the overall story which made everything kind of awkward.

AssassinGame1
06-24-2013, 03:24 AM
Master Chief and Ezio

Black_Widow9
06-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Which one? XD (I personally loved the version from Skyward Sword the most. :D

I don't know why it took me so long but I just started playing Skyward Sword.... But my favorite Zelda is Ocarina of Time especially disguised as Sheik. ;)

pacmanate
06-24-2013, 08:49 AM
John Cena

Spider_Sith9
06-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Altair
The Protagonist/Seta Souji/Yu Narukami
Lee Everett/Clementine Marsh
Commander Shepard
Tali'Zorah vas Normandy
Garrus Vakarian
Jeff "Joker" Moreau
Jack/Jennifer
Samara
Thane Krios
Urdnot Wrex
Urdnot Grunt
Mordin Solus
EDI
Javik (even though he's a racist troll)
Kasumi Goto
Legion
Liara T'Soni
Zaeed Masani (RIP)
Miranda Lawson
Harbinger
GLaDOS
SHODAN
Ethan Mars
Connor Kenway
Kreia
Bayonetta
The Prince
Sabrewulf
Faith Connors
Geralt of Rivia
Daniel Cross
Haytham Kenway
Juhani Otso Berg
Erudito
Steve Birkin
Elenor Mallow

poptartz20
06-24-2013, 02:24 PM
NARUTO & SASUKE.

Hahaha.

ze_topazio
06-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Goku and Vegeta

x___Luffy___x
06-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Monkey D Luffy :D

Jexx21
06-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Ichigo and Rukia?

ze_topazio
06-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Monkey D Luffy :D

and Zoro

ProletariatPleb
06-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Ichigo and Rukia?
Kenpachi

ze_topazio
06-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Joseph Joestar

Rugterwyper32
06-24-2013, 06:29 PM
He-Man

ze_topazio
06-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Kind of disappointed nobody so far as mentioned Dante from Devil May Cry (the real Dante, not that lameass from the reboot) as a favorite.

x___Luffy___x
06-24-2013, 06:32 PM
shirohige :D

ProletariatPleb
06-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Kind of disappointed nobody so far as mentioned Dante from Devil May Cry (the real Dante, not that lameass from the reboot) as a favorite.
You see, there is Dante......... and there's FUDonte.

ze_topazio
06-24-2013, 07:05 PM
You see, there is Dante......... and there's FUDonte.

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1345/95/1345952021812.png

ProletariatPleb
06-24-2013, 07:13 PM
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1345/95/1345952021812.png
Yes, that Donte.

ze_topazio
06-24-2013, 07:21 PM
I know, i spent months making fun of him, Vorgil, the Shakespearean plot, Tameem, and pretty much everything.

Soulid_Snake
06-24-2013, 08:18 PM
In no particular order:

Niko Bellic
Solid Snake/ Big Boss
Adam Jensen
Faith Connors
Jade (Beyond Good & Evil)
Crash Bandicoot
Ezio Auditore
Nathan Drake (I can't stand Nolan North in real life)

LoyalACFan
06-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Nathan Drake (I can't stand Nolan North in real life)

Lol, why?

Soulid_Snake
06-24-2013, 10:44 PM
Lol, why?

Very talented voice actor, but I saw him recently in a interview on IGN, and my god, he was so in your face, it was like he was on E's.

D.I.D.
06-25-2013, 12:13 AM
GLaDOS
Wheatley
Yorda
Joker
Dog (Half Life 2)
The Prince (POP: Sands of Time)
The Heart (Dishonored)
Andrew Ryan
Lara Croft
Sackboy

monster_rambo
06-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Big Boss
The Boss
Mario
Zelda/Link
Donkey Kong
Joker
Altair/ Ezio/Haythem
Vaas
Lara Croft
The Prince
Kratos
Duke Nukem
Joel
Nathan Drake
Niko Bellic
Sam Fisher

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 12:28 AM
Tess
Akira
Ben Oldman
LIttle John and Will Scarlet of the Legend of Sherwood game <----one of the best games I ever played
Pepsi Man (LAWL)

LoyalACFan
06-25-2013, 12:54 AM
LIttle John and Will Scarlet of the Legend of Sherwood game <----one of the best games I ever played

:nonchalance:

What is this Legend of Sherwood game you speak of? I'm currently brainstorming a Robin Hood game, and if there's already an awesome one I don't know about on the market... Problem.

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 01:12 AM
:nonchalance:

What is this Legend of Sherwood game you speak of? I'm currently brainstorming a Robin Hood game, and if there's already an awesome one I don't know about on the market... Problem.
It IS a Robin Hood game, but it`s an old game...but it`s timeless. you`ll love it no matter when you play it....I played it when I was 10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Hood:_The_Legend_of_Sherwood

LoyalACFan
06-25-2013, 01:24 AM
It IS a Robin Hood game, but it`s an old game...but it`s timeless. you`ll love it no matter when you play it....I played it when I was 10

Hmm... Looks different enough from what I'm working on to avoid any conflict. Might pick it up sometime.

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 01:33 AM
Hmm... Looks different enough from what I'm working on to avoid any conflict. Might pick it up sometime.
i definitely recommend it

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 02:01 AM
Tess
Akira
Ben Oldman
Pepsi Man (LAWL)

Pepsi Maaaaaaan, beybawaz el senan.

Sorry, the nostalgia was too powerful.

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 02:07 AM
Pepsi Maaaaaaan, beybawaz el senan.

Sorry, the nostalgia was too powerful.
I feel like i`m in egypt again all of a sudden :|

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 02:18 AM
I feel like i`m in egypt again all of a sudden :|

Yeah. Egyptian gaming in the early 2000s was very distinctive. I vividly remembering having all the net cafe shout at me for using a bazooka at a LAN game of illegally cracked Medal of Honour. Great times. Great times.

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Yeah. Egyptian gaming in the early 2000s was very distinctive. I vividly remembering having all the net cafe shout at me for using a bazooka at a LAN game of illegally cracked Medal of Honour. Great times. Great times.
Conquer?? remember that??

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Conquer?? remember that??

Isn't that the f2p? I remember back in the British Council a lot of people told me about, but I never got very deep into it, unfortunately. I remember Command and Conquer Generals though. Also, Silk Road. Damn Silk Road. There wasn't a mofo in Egypt that didn't play it.

TheHumanTowel
06-25-2013, 02:37 AM
Yep we all had one craaazy childhood in Egypt

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 02:41 AM
Yep we all had one craaazy childhood in Egypt

You did too ? How awesome! Hope you enjoyed it all the way over there at England(Scotland?).

TheHumanTowel
06-25-2013, 02:43 AM
You did too ? How awesome! Hope you enjoyed it all the way over there at England(Scotland?).
Ireland. I'll have you know it was quite difficult having an Egyptian childhood in Ireland. Took a lot of effort.

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Ireland. I'll have you know it was quite difficult having an Egyptian childhood in Ireland. Took a lot of effort.

Well, Egyptian childhood was difficult and weird enough on it's own anyway. I just hope the Royal Mail service guys didn't break your Egyptian childhood package on it's way from Egypt to Ireland.

TheHumanTowel
06-25-2013, 02:58 AM
Well, Egyptian childhood was difficult and weird enough on it's own anyway. I just hope the Royal Mail service guys didn't break your Egyptian childhood package on it's way from Egypt to Ireland.
Ireland's not part of the UK. An Post treated my package with the great care only a true Irish postal service possesses.

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 03:03 AM
Ireland's not part of the UK. An Post treated my package with the great care only a true Irish postal service possesses.

I get you're from south Ireland or did you guys finally completely unhinge yourselves from the UK? I heard there was a national referendum on the matter but not much afterwards.

TheHumanTowel
06-25-2013, 03:11 AM
I get you're from south Ireland or did you guys finally completely unhinge yourselves from the UK? I heard there was a national referendum on the matter but not much afterwards.
lol we haven't been part of the UK since 1922 and we've been a completely sovereign nation since 1949. I don't think there's been any referendum or anything recently.

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 03:16 AM
lol we haven't been part of the UK since 1922 and we've been a completely sovereign nation since 1949. I don't think there's been any referendum or anything recently.
We know your country better than you

(yes..that is grammatically incorrect)

TheHumanTowel
06-25-2013, 03:18 AM
We know your country better than you

(yes..that is grammatically incorrect)
Well obviously I know Egypt very well with my authentic Egyptian childhood and all. Do you guys remember the Pyramids? Good times.

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 03:18 AM

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland,[nb 5] commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) and Britain, is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe. The country includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland and many smaller islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a land border with another state—the Republic of Ireland.[nb 6] Apart from this land border, the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean in the west and north, the North Sea in the east, the English Channel in the south and the Irish Sea in the west. <=== From Wikipedia. The north still is a part of the Uk.

Anywho, it seems that Scotland is the one seeking independence. Damn I shouldn't be this uninformed. What kind of **** is that ignorant? At least you somewhat enjoyed your Monarch-free, Egyptian childhood.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_independence_referendum,_2014

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Well obviously I know Egypt very well with my authentic Egyptian childhood and all. Do you guys remember the Pyramids? Good times.

I do. I remember playing near my father's corpse as he lay dead by the pyramid due to death from horrible working conditions. Nothing beats good 'ol messed up childhood.

(Disclaimer: Pyramids were actually built by well-cared for volunteers)

TheHumanTowel
06-25-2013, 03:26 AM
I do. I remember playing near my father's corpse as he lay dead by the pyramid due to death from horrible working conditions. Nothing beats good 'ol messed up childhood.

Nah brah that Prince of Egypt movie showed they were downtrodden slaves who got whipped. Are you calling the Prince of Egypt a liar?

Assassin_M
06-25-2013, 03:28 AM
We had no pyramids

Megas_Doux
06-25-2013, 03:31 AM

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.daveware.co.uk/hannah/blog/files/aliens-meme.jpg

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 03:34 AM
Nah brah that Prince of Egypt movie showed they were downtrodden slaves who got whipped. Are you calling the Prince of Egypt a liar?

Psshhhh It was just a conspiracy by Disney to make the almighty pharaoh look bad. How can they wrong our pharaoh that is a king/god/sex symbol/ruler of lands/capitalist/bald/wore girly skirts and make up. Also, did I mention? Disney is Zionist.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-25-2013, 03:37 AM
10. Eddie (SSX Tricky)
9. Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
8. Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw)
7. Old Ezio (ACR)
6. Vito Scaletta (Mafia 2)
5. Kratos (God of War)
4. Connor (AC3)
3. Typhlosion (Pokemon Silver)
2. Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
1. Donkey Kong!! (Everything!!!)

ArabianFrost
06-25-2013, 03:43 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/ancient-egyptian-statue-moves-on-its-own-2013-6

Guys, guys, guys, anyone remembers this in there completely genuine and not at all made-up Egyptian childhood? F*ck I'm old.

Spider_Sith9
06-25-2013, 11:35 PM
FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/7/78537/1732505-finger_york.png

EGO
http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2013/04/egogirl.jpg

IrinaOma
02-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Johnny Cage/Sonya Blade/Mileena/Kitana - Mortal Kombat
Prince/Elika - Prince of Persia
Nathan Drake - Uncharted
Isaac Clarke - Dead Space
Chris Redfield/Claire Redfield/Jill Valentine - Resident Evil
Akira Yuki/Sarah Bryant - Virtua Fighter
Taki - SoulCalibur
Jim Raynor - StarCraft

STDlyMcStudpants
02-13-2014, 12:04 AM
oh this is old lol

LoyalACFan
02-13-2014, 01:23 AM

Aww, I remember this conversation. It's what prompted me to seriously pursue game design.

Good times, M

ze_topazio
02-13-2014, 01:31 AM
Since you're no longer going to make that Robin Hood game, you should consider making an open world Zorro game, you can use my idea free of charges, unless it turns out very successful, in that case I would sue you and get as much money out of you as possible.

Shahkulu101
02-13-2014, 01:35 AM
You need Maths for game design right?

LoyalACFan
02-13-2014, 01:50 AM
Since you're no longer going to make that Robin Hood game, you should consider making an open world Zorro game, you can use my idea free of charges, unless it turns out very successful, in that case I would sue you and get as much money out of you as possible.

I AM still making the Robin Hood game, God willing :p The game M showed me was pretty dissimilar to what I had in mind (though still really impressive for an '02 game) so there's no conflict there. Besides, Robin Hood is basically public domain, his story's been retold dozens of times and there's no clear indication of who created the character, etc. Whereas I think Zorro has some copyright claims you'd have to work with, but if you're really serious about it, you could make it work.

Although I have to admit it would be my dream job to be the creative lead of a Red Dead game... *drools*

You need Maths for game design right?

Depends. If you're going to be heavily involved in advanced programming, then yeah, you'll probably have to take some hardcore math at some point (I will, although I have heard that some schools don't require any math for their programming classes). But there are many, many, many areas you can go into in the games industry, a lot of which don't involve math at all. They always need writers, artists, and a lot of other people who aren't even directly involved with the tech.

Shahkulu101
02-13-2014, 01:56 AM
Me wantz 2 b a writur but ge-ting in 2 vidya gaemz wil B komplikated

I-Like-Pie45
02-13-2014, 01:58 AM
u sud practix shak

datz why fanficxtionz.netz existz

LoyalACFan
02-13-2014, 02:52 AM
Me wantz 2 b a writur but ge-ting in 2 vidya gaemz wil B komplikated

One piece of advice, if I may? Don't write your stuff in the form of a novel. Write it as a script; mostly dialogue with the occasional bit of explanation for context when necessary. I made the mistake of writing out a bunch of my stuff as prose, since that was the form I was used to writing in, and a ton of that effort went to waste because you don't need to yammer on about the setting and whatnot in third person, because you can't translate it to the game. It has to be in the form of dialogue, or written artifacts in the game world.

Assassin_M
02-13-2014, 03:13 AM
Aww, I remember this conversation. It's what prompted me to seriously pursue game design.

Good times, M
Wait, really?? I was not aware it had such an impact D:

Good times, indeed <3

ACLexter
02-13-2014, 06:40 AM
Not much of a gamer, I only played few games when I was young and few on my late years, (many will tell me that I never played many character so I don't know how good they were.)
my favorite is FF.

1) Sephiroth
2) Zack
3) Zidane
4) Cloud Strife
5) Ezio
6) Altair

GunnerGalactico
02-13-2014, 08:30 AM
My favourites are:

1) The Prince (SOT, Two Throne & Forgotten Sands)
2) Kratos
3) Nathan Drake
4) Connor
5) Altair
6) Ezio
7) Lars Alexanderson
8) Scorpion
9) Subzero
10) Dante

Aphex_Tim
02-13-2014, 09:59 AM
This has got to be my favorite character: