PDA

View Full Version : Stalkers in AC4?

Wolfmeister1010
06-22-2013, 05:14 AM
What do you guys think? It was a very good part of ACR and always kept me on the edge of my seat.

If they return, I personally hope they are actual Templar assassins. It would be cool if you could either counter kill them like normal stalkers, but there would also be skilled Templars that would put up a fight and trigger a showdown. These Templar stalkers would be very difficult to kill, maybe as difficult as the "gunners" who we still have yet to see.

What do you guys think?

Assassin_M
06-22-2013, 05:21 AM
I`d love it if they`re back, but with more variety...like...keep the ones from ACR, but add different ways these can guys try to kill you with...like snipers, people who try to hang you with thin ropes, bombs, rooftop assassinations..etc, with each having a different way of saving your life from....

that`d be nice

Wolfmeister1010
06-22-2013, 05:26 AM
I`d love it if they`re back, but with more variety...like...keep the ones from ACR, but add different ways these can guys try to kill you with...like snipers, people who try to hang you with thin ropes, bombs, rooftop assassinations..etc, with each having a different way of saving your life from....

that`d be nice

That would be so awesome if you are quietly walking down the street, and suddenly a button pops up on the screen (similar to the animal combat in ac3) and you have like a second to press it or else you get air assassinated. If you press it, then you roll out of the way and the assassin lands on the hard ground in shame. Just play it through your mind. It's epic.

LoyalACFan
06-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Sure, I really liked the stalker idea, even if it was a bit underdeveloped. It was sure as hell more fun than chasing those wimpy courier bastards :p

I think they were originally added to the game to keep people from just dropping the controller, moving on to something else, and letting the game sit until the bank vault filled (though I found a way around this by perching Ezio on the side of a wall). Since banks are gone and likely not coming back, they would have to have some kind of backstory to them to make them relevant again.

Locopells
06-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Stalkers kept giving me a freaking heart attack at first, until I got wise to them...

lothario-da-be
06-22-2013, 11:27 AM
I would like them to return, but appear way more often, on my first playthrough of acr (26 hours) i got attacked less then 5 times by a stalker.

dxsxhxcx
06-22-2013, 12:28 PM
IMO they didn't add much to the fun factor, I think Ubisoft should use its resources in other features..

Sickull
06-22-2013, 12:30 PM
It would be cool if they gave you time to spot your stalker and then you have a choice to either lead him somewhere and confront him or runaway and signal a chase break.

Ureh
06-22-2013, 02:54 PM
If you pay attention to the map and notice his icon sneaking up on you, you can lead him to an alley. Then turn around before he strikes, and assassinate. Or just turn around before he's near and he'll run away.

edit: or you can sprint like a madman and he'll eventually fall behind. And in rare cases get himself killed. :P

SixKeys
06-22-2013, 03:00 PM
I mentioned in another thread once that I wouldn't mind having stalkers back, but they should hide in crowds and use poison rather than rush out at you with a knife. It would be more tense if suddenly your vision became blurry and you would only have a limited amount of time to pick out your poisoner from the crowd using Eagle Vision.

ArabianFrost
06-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Since they removed the notoriety system, they should replace it with something else to denounce brash, public actions like killing guards in public. The more guards you kill publicly, the more bounty you have on your head and the more pirate hunters.come after you. There were pirate hunters back then, right? So why not make them chase you as well when you do conspicuous actions. In the normal notoriety system, you get detected faster if your notoriety increases. With the new bounty system in AC4, the guards don't have different reaction times, BUT more pirate hunters come after you as the bounty on your head increases, which in itself is tied to conspicuous actions. These pirate hunters can range from an obvious GROUP of mercenaries, to a lone stealthy guy, a sniper from the roofs, or even a captain on a ship chasing you. It's like the whole world is after you when you have a big bounty on your head. It doesn't make the guards any more annoying, but at the same time, it makes you feel that there is an impact for your actions if they are too obvious.

lothario-da-be
06-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Since they removed the notoriety system, they should replace it with something else to denounce brash, public actions like killing guards in public. The more guards you kill publicly, the more bounty you have on your head and the more pirate hunters.come after you. There were pirate hunters back then, right? So why not make them chase you as well when you do conspicuous actions. In the normal notoriety system, you get detected faster if your notoriety increases. With the new bounty system in AC4, the guards don't have different reaction times, BUT more pirate hunters come after you as the bounty on your head increases, which in itself is tied to conspicuous actions. These pirate hunters can range from an obvious GROUP of mercenaries, to a lone stealthy guy, a sniper from the roofs, or even a captain on a ship chasing you. It's like the whole world is after you when you have a big bounty on your head. It doesn't make the guards any more annoying, but at the same time, it makes you feel that there is an impact for your actions if they are too obvious.
Notority system removed? where did you see that?

ArabianFrost
06-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Notority system removed? where did you see that?

WOW! I'm on phone now so, I can't give sources, but it has been removed as the developers though it was illogical that doing something indiscreet on one island would make you notorious on another, so they removed it as it wouldn't work on a universal scale.

This isn't even speculation. I am 100% sure that it will not return.

SixKeys
06-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Based on the Havana footage we saw at E3, the notoriety system in AC4 seems to be more like AC1's detection system. When you're blending, an icon next to your health bar turns green, indicating you are incognito. When you're seen by guards but not doing anything suspicious, the icon will indicate this (similar to the yellow eye in AC1). I would imagine that in restricted areas the icon will be similar to the red eye to indicate guards are actively looking for you.

ArabianFrost
06-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Based on the Havana footage we saw at E3, the notoriety system in AC4 seems to be more like AC1's detection system. When you're blending, an icon next to your health bar turns green, indicating you are incognito. When you're seen by guards but not doing anything suspicious, the icon will indicate this (similar to the yellow eye in AC1). I would imagine that in restricted areas the icon will be similar to the red eye to indicate guards are actively looking for you.

If this is true, then I am a very, very happy man. I loved AC1s system the most. Who knows, maybe this game has hope.

Locopells
06-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Well, it's always been the case that notoriety levels were limited to the city you were in. Don't see why it should be any different here

Wolfmeister1010
06-22-2013, 05:29 PM
If this is true, then I am a very, very happy man. I loved AC1s system the most. Who knows, maybe this game has hope.

I loved the AC1 system as well. It really seems like Ash is telling the truth when he said that they are focusing more on stealth. I already had hope for this game. Now I am hyped

ArabianFrost
06-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Here is a screenshot from the gameplay. As you can clearly see, the icon next to the health bar IS GREEN (possibly meaning incognito/undetected/unnoticed/guards not on alert kr investigating), so maybe the notoriety system of AC1 is returning it seems(I hope so):

http://i.minus.com/i67m9kdw4JZf2.jpg

Wolfmeister1010
06-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Here is a screenshot from the gameplay. As you can clearly see, the icon next to the health bar IS GREEN (possibly meaning incognito/undetected/unnoticed/guards not on alert kr investigating), so maybe the notoriety system of AC1 is returning it seems(I hope so):

http://i.minus.com/i67m9kdw4JZf2.jpg

Hmmm. It could be the same as AC3 though, where it turns green if you are hidden, or blending. However, it doesn't look like he is close enough with any other civilians to be blending, so it is a fifty fifty chance.

Bashilir
06-22-2013, 05:58 PM
If AC1's system is coming back.. please for the love of god, don't make it beep whenever guards are extremely aware of my presence... I swear that made me want to rip off my ears. Okay, maybe not that bad but please, no YELLOW FLASHING or RED BEEPING. If those aren't in there, I'm happy it's back.

ArabianFrost
06-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Hmmm. It could be the same as AC3 though, where it turns green if you are hidden, or blending. However, it doesn't look like he is close enough with any other civilians to be blending, so it is a fifty fifty chance.

Crap! We got our hopes up for nothing. After watching the video, it only turns green once, why is that? It's probably like you said, he's in a blend group. Damn it. I hope they can at least use the AC1 system in some way OR better, actually tell us howntheir notoriety system is. The game's release is 4 months away from now. C'mon Ubi.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmCQSY6Uxgw

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
In AC1 it only turned green if you were hidden.

Jexx21
06-22-2013, 08:27 PM
also. it looks like they are trying to stay true to the aesthetics of the Abstergo animus (seeing as we are officially running on an Abstergo animus now rather than an Assassin animus)

SixKeys
06-22-2013, 09:13 PM

In AC1, you are "hidden" as long as no guard has you in their line of sight. If you duck into an empty alleyway, the icon turns green because there's no enemy around to see you. This could be the case in the Havana demo as well. Either there are no guards around in the scene or none of them have a direct line of sight to Edward.

Jexx21
06-23-2013, 12:05 AM
In AC1, you are "hidden" as long as no guard has you in their line of sight. If you duck into an empty alleyway, the icon turns green because there's no enemy around to see you. This could be the case in the Havana demo as well. Either there are no guards around in the scene or none of them have a direct line of sight to Edward.
It doesn't turn green, the abstergo logo just stays white.

It's only green if you're in a hiding spot.

Wolfmeister1010
06-23-2013, 04:27 AM
also. it looks like they are trying to stay true to the aesthetics of the Abstergo animus (seeing as we are officially running on an Abstergo animus now rather than an Assassin animus)

I guess that's why we are going back to the AC1 synch bar. Fine by me

ArabianFrost
06-23-2013, 04:47 AM
It doesn't turn green, the abstergo logo just stays white.

It's only green if you're in a hiding spot.

To me, it looked like Edward was near a blend group when it turned green, so maybe there still hope for it being AC1-ish?

Wolfmeister1010
06-23-2013, 04:59 AM
To me, it looked like Edward was near a blend group when it turned green, so maybe there still hope for it being AC1-ish?

Well, ubisoft said that they were attempting to being back the best of each game, but they also were keen to say that they were taking inspiration from the AC1 formula. I can assume hat much of the game will be AC1-ish. Of course there is still hope.

LoyalACFan
06-23-2013, 05:11 AM
Well, ubisoft said that they were attempting to being back the best of each game, but they also were keen to say that they were taking inspiration from the AC1 formula. I can assume hat much of the game will be AC1-ish. Of course there is still hope.

I think people are blowing this way out of proportion...

AC4's HUD looks like AC1's because it's set in the same Animus model. It's just a design choice. I'm 99% sure that the detection/incognito/SSI mechanics will be pretty much like AC3's, either with or without notoriety. Which is fine, as long as they ditch the guard hivemind mentality during chases.

Wolfmeister1010
06-23-2013, 05:23 AM

AC4's HUD looks like AC1's because it's set in the same Animus model. It's just a design choice. I'm 99% sure that the detection/incognito/SSI mechanics will be pretty much like AC3's, either with or without notoriety. Which is fine, as long as they ditch the guard hivemind mentality during chases.

Agreed

ArabianFrost
06-23-2013, 07:14 AM

Ditto. It never goes well if we speculate from trailers about unconfirmed systems.