PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Hidden Blades

Kit572
06-21-2013, 04:02 AM
Of course, Hidden Blades will be in this game, and I have no doubt there will be double hidden blades like in all the games so far. I was just wondering, will we unlock both hidden blades at once like in AC3, or will we have to earn our second like in Brotherhood and AC2? Is there any info on this?

Sigv4rd
06-21-2013, 04:20 AM
Of course, Hidden Blades will be in this game, and I have no doubt there will be double hidden blades like in all the games so far. I was just wondering, will we unlock both hidden blades at once like in AC3, or will we have to earn our second like in Brotherhood and AC2? Is there any info on this?

To early to tell either wait for more demos or the release of the game. I kinda miss having only one hidden blade to be honest, just looked cooler in combat.

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 04:27 AM
To early to tell either wait for more demos or the release of the game. I kinda miss having only one hidden blade to be honest, just looked cooler in combat.
No, you just feel nostalgic...when the double hidden blades were the new cool, everybody was like "omagodzzzz best thing evarrrrrrrrrrrrr" now that we`v been having most of the time with the double blades, everybody wants the single one back.....it`s a fad...

ProletariatPleb
06-21-2013, 04:31 AM
^Not true, one is useful. The second blade is barely useful only helps kill 1 more guy when air assassinating.

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 04:35 AM
^Not true, one is useful. The second blade is barely useful only helps kill 1 more guy when air assassinating.
yet again you manage to somehow talk about something else, while replying to something...how`d you do it??

ProletariatPleb
06-21-2013, 05:18 AM
yet again you manage to somehow talk about something else, while replying to something...how`d you do it??
I was replying to your BS about how it's a fad tralala and now you can pretend to be an *** all you want.

Kit572
06-21-2013, 05:19 AM

I agree, I never did like double hidden blades and always thought the single hidden blade was cooler.

And, no, I am not feeling nostalgic. I just never liked double hidden blades. I'm just hoping we have to earn it later on in game so I can choose whether or not to stick with the single blade and not be forced to choose the second.

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 05:21 AM
I was replying to your BS about how it's a fad tralala and now you can pretend to be an *** all you want.
Oh Wow, what you said had absolutely nothing to do with what I said...I was replying to him about what he said on how a single blade LOOKED COOLER IN COMBAT; do you see "The second hidden blade is very useful" anywhere?? Take your time

ProletariatPleb
06-21-2013, 05:34 AM
Oh Wow, what you said had absolutely nothing to do with what I said...I was replying to him about what he said on how a single blade LOOKED COOLER IN COMBAT; do you see "The second hidden blade is very useful" anywhere?? Take your time
Yes and I reinforced what he said with another point, ****head. You're not a thickhead, stop pretending to be one to find a bit of fun. We both know you're doing this for fun.

Ureh
06-21-2013, 05:35 AM

I want the best of both worlds. Animations that alternate between one and another, sometimes he'll use only one, sometimes he'll use both.

You can also double assassinate on the ground if you hold the high profile button (don't have to be running). I wish there were more situations for double assassinations.

Assassin_M
06-21-2013, 05:39 AM
Yes
I`d like to see where...

and I reinforced what he said with another point, ****head.
Ahahahahaha..oh man...good laughs...

You're not a thickhead, stop pretending to be one to find a bit of fun. We both know you're doing this for fun.
of course i`m not a thick head...i dunno what you`re talking about...what fun?? you`re the one calling ME out xD

ProletariatPleb
06-21-2013, 05:45 AM
You can also double assassinate on the ground if you hold the high profile button (don't have to be running). I wish there were more situations for double assassinations.
Yeah that animations is slick. But I can't really think of any other use with the current design.

i dunno what you`re talking about...what fun?? you`re the one calling ME out xD
Oh really :rolleyes: c'mon, dude we share this trait.

Sigv4rd
06-21-2013, 07:06 PM
No, you just feel nostalgic...when the double hidden blades were the new cool, everybody was like "omagodzzzz best thing evarrrrrrrrrrrrr" now that we`v been having most of the time with the double blades, everybody wants the single one back.....it`s a fad...

Actually I just replayed AC1 and enjoyed having the single blade because it didn't look like I was doing "assassin jazz hands". And in Brotherhood's combat I preferred Ezio's single blade kills to his dual bladed ones. :p
http://www.thenerdmama.com/wp-content/gallery/random-photos/demotivational-posters-jazz-hands.jpg

M I appreciate that you have been on these forums a lot longer than I have, but please don't make assumptions that you know the reason for everything from everyone. The fact that you have chosen to assume that I am just nostalgic and that I have no opinion of my own is very disrespectful. Like it or not there are individuals with other ideas and preferences. I would hope that you can realize that you do not need to be an a**hole just to sound superior. Have a nice day :) I look forward to further discussions with you in the future on this forum.

pacmanate
06-21-2013, 07:34 PM
At least the hidden blades dont swivel :D

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 07:42 PM
I liked that.. that was actually awesome.

GreySkellig
06-21-2013, 07:50 PM
I have no problem with double blades as long as the assassins doesn't always use both. It doesn't make sense to always have both primed. TBH, I think it would be cool to have mismatched blades--one longer blade a la AC1/AC2 and a small blade (swivel or not) for those times when you actually do a double kill.

Sigv4rd
06-21-2013, 07:52 PM
At least the hidden blades dont swivel :D

True glad to be ride of that. Didn't feel like an Assassin weapon IMO.

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 07:54 PM
What? That made it awesome! It makes perfect sense for the hidden blade to be able to turn into a knife.

I don't understand you people -_-

MasterAssasin84
06-21-2013, 08:31 PM

That is actually a very good question and it depends how UBI take the plot line ! but i would be willing to be Edward will get them when he encounters the Assassins because if you look at this image closely he does not have is Hidden Blades

http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/0000268b1/07f5_orh350w620/AC4-3-.jpg

ProletariatPleb
06-21-2013, 08:36 PM
They already said you can dual wield hidden blades like swords so yeah they're there in the game, let's just hope they're actually USEFUL now.

Sigv4rd
06-21-2013, 08:45 PM
What? That made it awesome! It makes perfect sense for the hidden blade to be able to turn into a knife.

To each his own I guess, It also begins to make me question: Why do assassins need hidden blades that pivot when they could just as easily carry a dagger around? Isn't that what Desmond does?

Wouldn't mind having this though: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7WhEj9_67oFAoopv5W0uChyC15KNPG UYwEnh4X4fI66pt_eeoow

DisbandedBox359
06-21-2013, 08:48 PM

Never know maybe in Black flag guards will walk around in pairs

MasterAssasin84
06-21-2013, 08:50 PM
They already said you can dual wield hidden blades like swords so yeah they're there in the game, let's just hope they're actually USEFUL now.

Actually Ashraf ismail said over twitter last night that the takedowns are far more creative than ever !!

So i am quite excited to see these mechanics in action .

ProletariatPleb
06-21-2013, 08:56 PM
To each his own I guess, It also begins to make me question: Why do assassins need hidden blades that pivot when they could just as easily carry a dagger around? Isn't that what Desmond does?

Wouldn't mind having this though: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7WhEj9_67oFAoopv5W0uChyC15KNPG UYwEnh4X4fI66pt_eeoow
Connor carries a knife with himself before becoming an assassin. Try the initial hunting mission, tomahawk+knife combination.

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 10:39 PM

They removed that design in favor of the rope dart because they thought it would be too fantasy like.

Wolfmeister1010
06-21-2013, 10:49 PM
They removed that design in favor of the rope dart because they thought it would be too fantasy like.

Chaindart? No thank you. Just like how some people are suggesting a grappling hook for ac4....mmmmmmmm no thank you..... Seems unrealistic....but then again...this is assassins creed.

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 10:53 PM
I can see a grappling hook, not coming from the hidden blade mind you, but a grappling hook could work.

Rope darts are in the game already though, so a grappling hook wouldn't take the place of them. But the grappling hook is a pirate tool I'm pretty sure, I feel like I've seen it in POTC before.

Wolfmeister1010
06-21-2013, 11:01 PM
I can see a grappling hook, not coming from the hidden blade mind you, but a grappling hook could work.

Rope darts are in the game already though, so a grappling hook wouldn't take the place of them. But the grappling hook is a pirate tool I'm pretty sure, I feel like I've seen it in POTC before.

You mean hooks that pirates use to hook in ships they are boarding? Yah those are in, but I can't really see a grappling hook that you can bring in land. Would kinda defeat the purpose of free running

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Well, Aveline had a whip that she could use as both a rope dart and as a way to jump large gaps in between buildings if there was some kind of pole to wrap it around.

Wolfmeister1010
06-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Well, Aveline had a whip that she could use as both a rope dart and as a way to jump large gaps in between buildings if there was some kind of pole to wrap it around.

Really? Oh didn't know. Never played the game. I guess I could see how it would work..

pacmanate
06-21-2013, 11:12 PM

Hidden Blades to me were a stealth weapon. Turning them into knives isn't steath, even if it is "cool". They were also slow as **** to use in combat.

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 11:15 PM
so.. knives aren't stealthy weapons?

I've been playing Skyrim wrong.

pacmanate
06-21-2013, 11:28 PM

You know what I mean. You use the knives when you get seen, you dont stealth someone with the knife mode of the hidden blade.

Jexx21
06-21-2013, 11:30 PM
I still think it's a cool addition.

ProletariatPleb
06-21-2013, 11:39 PM
I still think it's a cool addition.
Perhaps they should focus on making things... useful instead of just 'cool' looks.

Ureh
06-22-2013, 03:10 AM
That is actually a very good question and it depends how UBI take the plot line ! but i would be willing to be Edward will get them when he encounters the Assassins because if you look at this image closely he does not have is Hidden Blades

Actually the blades might be there. We can't see the one on the right, but that could be a blade on the left.

Kit572
06-22-2013, 03:19 AM

Well, I think that the idea behind the swivel hidden blade was good, but I kind of just prefer the original hidden blade with a few upgrades such as the hidden gun etc.

poptartz20
06-22-2013, 03:22 AM

Jexx I actually couldn't agree with you more! The hidden blade made perfect sense to be turned into a knife. It had a duel purpose. Not only for stealth it could also easily switch between offense and defense. I know the same could be said for Ezio and the use of his blade but it makes more sense to me personally if it turned into a knife/dagger vs a straight blade. that like trying to fight with a large box cutter or a knife taped to your wrist.

As far as hidden blades went I never quite understood how they could pierce through Metal? unless it was a shiny leather that guards were wearing in the game. AC1 and AC3 made the most sense when killing people with the blade. Also. Hookblade = TERRIBLE. it was a gimmick to start with. it wasn't really practical in anyway. other than catching ziplines and tripping people, and climbing. Which last time I checked Ezio was doing all of these action before hand without a hookblade? haha. (ziplining not so much be he was on a flying machine for goodness sake.. almost the same)

Anyways last thing I don't get If Edward was an assassin, where were his hidden blades? Haytham learned about them later but I'm surprised he never found his fathers. Maybe there is some loophole to this. I'm probably just going too far into it. Maybe they were burned down in the rest of the house. eh.. oh well.

Kit572
06-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Jexx I actually couldn't agree with you more! The hidden blade made perfect sense to be turned into a knife. It had a duel purpose. Not only for stealth it could also easily switch between offense and defense. I know the same could be said for Ezio and the use of his blade but it makes more sense to me personally if it turned into a knife/dagger vs a straight blade. that like trying to fight with a large box cutter or a knife taped to your wrist.

As far as hidden blades went I never quite understood how they could pierce through Metal? unless it was a shiny leather that guards were wearing in the game. AC1 and AC3 made the most sense when killing people with the blade. Also. Hookblade = TERRIBLE. it was a gimmick to start with. it wasn't really practical in anyway. other than catching ziplines and tripping people, and climbing. Which last time I checked Ezio was doing all of these action before hand without a hookblade? haha. (ziplining not so much be he was on a flying machine for goodness sake.. almost the same)

Anyways last thing I don't get If Edward was an assassin, where were his hidden blades? Haytham learned about them later but I'm surprised he never found his fathers. Maybe there is some loophole to this. I'm probably just going too far into it. Maybe they were burned down in the rest of the house. eh.. oh well.

Am I the only one who liked the idea of the hookblade? I thought it was a pretty nice idea.

poptartz20
06-22-2013, 03:26 AM
Am I the only one who liked the idea of the hookblade? I thought it was a pretty nice idea.

Ha! I'm sure you're not the only one... But I liked the idea of the hookblade until I actually played the game -_- It was a bigger disappointment than the xbox one (pre-DRM removal)

Kit572
06-22-2013, 03:28 AM
Ha! I'm sure you're not the only one... But I liked the idea of the hookblade until I actually played the game -_- It was a bigger disappointment than the xbox one (pre-DRM removal)

Yeah, thats why I said I liked the IDEA behind the hookblade. To be honest, in-game it didn't feel that necessary.

If they go back to the drawing board and come up with a better way to use the hookblade, then it might become a good tool. But overall, I did really like the idea for the hookblade.

I used swords as stealthy weapons in Skyrim.

Hans684
06-22-2013, 05:33 PM
I'm more interested in The Shock Blade.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111118174408/assassinscreed/images/thumb/6/6b/Shock_blade.jpg/640px-Shock_blade.jpg