PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance 21/06/2013 - 3pm => 5UK time

Aza404
06-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Dear Champions,

We will be doing a 2 hour maintenance tomorrow at 2pm UK time for a period of 2 hours.
During this maintenance we will be updating the back-office and implementing a few bug-fixes for the iPad version.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best,
Aza and the Doc Team

Ipwnfour
06-21-2013, 01:29 PM
So confusing Aza, as always when it is related to timezone differences. ;)

So a 2 hour maintenance, for a period of 2 hours (duh!) starting at 2pm UK time... or 3pm like the title says? I guess, since maintenance hasn't started yet, the title is wrong.

BUT will it end at 5pm UK time like the title says, or will it end at 4pm UK time, because that would be 2 hours? :)

MisMis23
06-21-2013, 02:01 PM
I was in middle of swiss tournament 0codes 0 explaination jsut maintenance rly ubisoft -.-

SoAmazinglyBad
06-21-2013, 02:06 PM
I was in middle of swiss tournament 0codes 0 explaination jsut maintenance rly ubisoft -.-

there was topic on forum + ingame popups like an 1 hour before it .then every 15 minutes

ulpsz
06-21-2013, 02:11 PM
was in the middle of a swiss won my first game in 3 min... had nowhere of knowing game would go offline..since the announcemets are at least 5 min appart
why isn't swis cancelled an hour before such things occur...???

I expect my ticket back for this

A1-Icebear
06-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Hey aza/ubi

please ask your devs to implement a simple function that makes it impossible to join a swiss if a known maintainance/downtims is less then 1h away...

the game warns you a few minutes before a downtime,
so why can't it be a little smarter and just not allow joining Swiss if the downtime is only minutes away?

I mean this is no complex code, it's not hard to do at all,
and as long as you don't have such a function,
you basically are ripping off people who join shortly before the downtime (as I just did).

that's just bad... just sayin'...

A1-Icebear
06-21-2013, 02:18 PM
there was topic on forum + ingame popups like an 1 hour before it .then every 15 minutes

this helps NOT AT ALL,
if you log in 10min before the downtime and start a Swiss you get ripped off. period.

and as I said, a software that already knows about the downtime, should just prevent that,
which can be done in about one line of code.

so there is definitely no excuse for the lack of this check/function

robvalue
06-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Agreed, it's an obvious fix and you shouldn't be allowed to waste your ticket for being "unobservant".

Xelabc
06-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Checking post hour.

ArcaneAzmadi
06-21-2013, 04:47 PM
So does this include any bug fixes for the numerous reported bugs that are regularly breaking the game and making it almost unplayable?

robvalue
06-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Servers are up, PC anyway.

martijnr30
06-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Looks like the new ipad version doesnt work anymore on the ipadmini, after the loading screen the app goes black and quits. Anyone with the same problem?

A1-Icebear
06-22-2013, 01:44 PM
@martijnr:
i had the same before on ipad2 as well.

removing and reinstalling DoC fixed that for me, so you may want to try that

redgizmo26
06-24-2013, 10:35 AM
I only play on iPad 3 but alas it keeps dropping out when trying to log in. Is there a way around this?

bum4hire
06-26-2013, 04:21 AM
My ipad2 just has a pop up saying that iPad 1st generation isn't supported I contacted ubisoft support and they told me reset your iPad, delete the app, charge it up to 100% then try it, close all the other apps and then open it. I did all of it but I still get the same message. Though today when I decided to delete and redownload it I received an update notification right away for the the same version even though I had just installed the latest version. Can anyone help me out?

Ipwnfour
07-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Ever since this maintenance the game is using THREE TIMES AS MUCH MEMORY as compared to before the maintenance. At least on my notebook/pc...

Any ideas why? Or how to bring it back to 'normal'? Coz when I play the game, my notebook is acting like an airplane making a liftoff....