PDA

View Full Version : Not able to join MP

Snublefot73
06-19-2013, 10:12 PM
It seems there is something wrong again.
I have tried now for over one hour without getting a decent playtime.

Quickmatch - does not work

Team DM - does not work

Firestorm/transmission/domination - does not have any players.

Silver maps - joins by myself. before joining there were two matches and 18 players.
Why would I create a third match?

Battle mix - laggy at best. Spectating while waiting for weapon selection screen at worst. Then kicked due to "being idle"...
Yesterday was abit better.

It seems to me that the quick match option should either be removed or fixed. As it is now it never works.
Are there any plan for fixing MP issues?

notice:
This issues has nothing to due with my pc, installation or my network as I have not changed anything this year.
It have work very well, and co-op have never been a problem for me.

AndyJackson2012
06-20-2013, 08:23 PM
maybe your connection was so bad the server kicked you, I understand that is what happens. I have been kicked a bunch of times without any reason I can figure out, and I play multi alot. You can hit "TAB key and see the list of players and their scores and in the upper right you will see a ping bar. Red = bad ping (connection to server, ie its very far away), Yellow = medium ping, and green = great ping. I rarely get green ping sometimes get 2 yellow bars and mostly get 1 red bar and sometimes i get absolutely NO BARS. My game play and lag doesnt always follow my ping bar condition however and some games are horribly laggy (the guys teleport across the screen instead of running smoothly or you see the waterfall effect where they fall repeatedly from sky to ground. Anyway hope this helps maybe understand your situation. Also since I play alot and do fairly well it seems the computer will place me in games that are fuller with more participants as like you I look at the playlist and when it shows 50 players in 8 games, its like WTF? there should be 3 or 4 games with the full complement of 16 players and 1 with a short list, but it doesnt' work that way. Why, I dont know and it makes no sense to me. It is often easier to get into gold and silver map games when the system is glitched out and you cant see the names of the players and only see no names or "Unknown player". my $.02

Snublefot73
06-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Hi,
I agree with a fair deal of what you are saying.
And the time I was kicked before being able to select weapon, most likley had no bars at all.
It was actually a problem for several people. While some of the participants did not have this problem.
But being put in a game with more people depending on how good your are at the games sounds quite strange.
Frankly, I assume its more like having pebbels in your and and tossing them into a bucket. Some made it, some didn't..
This would also explain why one side gets more people even if there are very few on the oher side. (on time there where 3 on red team while the blue team was full. Blue started out with a 5man team.)

Since I was able to play abit yesterday evening, I skipped replying ;) It ain't easy playing with a two year old that keeps shouting daddy :)

But, on the serious side, I would really like some reply from Ubi.

EvilPixieGrrr
06-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi, sorry you're having trouble playing the game.

Please contact Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/) about any issues you have with the game, they can assist you with this.

JanneCarver
06-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Nothing works, not coop multiplayer and so on. So nothing new

Gregadethhh
06-22-2013, 12:23 AM
agreed nothing works just a constant loading screen... Ubisoft Customer Support are about as bad as EA, I'm still waiting to hear a response about the broken MP in AC: Brotherhood lol

AndyJackson2012
06-22-2013, 08:35 AM
agreed nothing works just a constant loading screen... Ubisoft Customer Support are about as bad as EA, I'm still waiting to hear a response about the broken MP in AC: Brotherhood lol

Well ....I've played most everyday for the last couple of weeks and actually for couple of monthes. It has been monthes since COOP wouldnt work for me.
So not everybody is having probllems which makes me think there is someother problem. The multi at different times of the day hovers around 50-90 players which isn't much.
You cant tell on coop but seldom do I get a game where it gets down to 2, mostly it is 3 or 4. I have the constant host migrations because someone decides to leave who happens to be host, and then other times I'll play 4 or 5 games staight with no getting booted from the server or host migrations, so you cant tell. I most oftem get 1 red ping bar in multi and the best i've ever got fluctuated between 2 yellow and 3 green ping bars ( one game).

So dont give up on trying to find a solution, I think it may be a UPLAY or PUNKBUSTER problem.

FalconFly
06-22-2013, 12:05 PM
It has definitely become worse over the last weeks.

UPlay or any other service requiring permanent connection to the UbiSoft servers have become more and more shaky, resulting in more frequent loss of connection (which will kick you from the multiplayer game very effectively).
When the servers respond, they are very slow, today they've creeped almost to a halt.

This results in bugged or physically impossible online matches, or much more frequent Host crashes and Kicks from the Server.

All the result of unneeded and unnessecary single points of failure implemented into the game plus the epic failure to patch the game somewhere into stable levels.

I wonder when everything comes to a complete halt (making multiplayer downright impossible), they are quite on track right now.

FalconFly
06-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Damn *lol* shouldn't have said that yesterday.

Today, virtually EVERYTHING is bugged to hell.
Trying to play multiplayer today is like participating in a closed-doors Alpha-Test, using buggered servers, buggered clients and a shaky network.

Unbelievable, just unbelievable.

This game keeps getting worse and worse by the day, left unsupported to die as it is.
I said it already someplace in the Forums, but I'm sure some cutting-edge new and bright ideas went into the Multiplayer infrastructure (I assume it was developed with high hopes for a minimum of maintenance costs and highly autonomous self-sustainability in mind).

Unfortunately - it does not work as expected, the job is unfinished.

EvilPixieGrrr
06-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Did you try Support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/) as suggested? They definitely need to know about these problems so they can be worked on.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and once reported, these problems should be fixed.

Thanks

FalconFly
06-24-2013, 09:25 PM
That's something we already talked about and your generic response looks standard Copy&Paste.

What I'm talking about is a "fleet problem" everyone has and should be automatically detected by support as soon as the Community reports it here.
Plus, following Support Links (until a few days ago) pointed RIGHT HERE back to the Forums. I found this changed only recently after they made changes to their support website. Plus, that's not how PC Game support works.

Support tickets are for "your game does not run properly on my hardware config" or "my son has network issues when playing your game" types of issues.
That's not what's I'm talking about.

I understand a public support forum is a place where alot of waste is being dumped, managing that isn't a dream job. But it's Ubis responsibility to provide the waste processing to filter out what needs to be done. I sense this is not the case here, hence the waste disposal site is simply overflowing left and right.
As nothing is fixed, waste keeps coming in and is not reduced.

I'm not going to do UbiSofts job of going through a list with a minimum of 100 outright bugs (that they should know already, given that this Forum is bursting with them) with some poor level 3 support desk, that's just not my level. Sorry man.
I'd do it, but UbiSoft would have to send me a reasonably sized check for doing THEIR work plus allow me to physically slap some of the inept Devs and Project Managers as I deem justified.

If they still don't know what needs to be done to recover this condition - they're a lost case anyway. No money can fix that and my time is too valuable to waste on ignorance.

...for a moment, just imagine someone at Ubi would actually do their job and fix the bugs.
Imagine we could then start talking niff-naff like severe game or weapon imbalances (like the obvious 30mm Depleted Uranium BZ19 Gatling Autocannon, which many now call the N00b-Gun). Wouldn't that be sweet ? Too bad it's never gonna happen.

PS.
Text field for Support Tickets are limited to 4000 characters lenghts.
50% of the bug list would require some 25000 chars, using harshly abbreviated descriptions...
Are you suggesting me to try to open like 15 support tickets to get things in order here ?

Snublefot73
06-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi,
yesterday went pretty well actually.
But it seems unfortunately that this is exception rather than the rule..
As FalconFly says, the Ubisoft support reply seems to only be a quick copy&paste - "please contact support"
And I have even seen posts where support informs the user to use the forums. (I will try to find this and link it here.)

Anyway;
I will rise a ticket with support in order to try all options. Answers will be posted here.

Snublefot73
06-27-2013, 05:46 PM
So,
I am seeing 49 TD players.
Kinda makes you wonder if something is wrong.
First time the game crashed for me when I try to join a lobby.
Btw; I have made a ticket to support, and also sent Dxdiag txt files and Gamelauncher files.
As this is a global problem I do not know what help these txt files will be..

Snublefot73
06-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Ok, today was bad.
TD - nogo
Battle mix - nogo

Played some on silver.. But thats not why I paid for this.

FalconFly
06-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Indeed, right now :

Team Deathmatch - dead

Other modes work more or less (for what it's worth) but the buggy Host Client/Server Code in connection with the desasterous UPlay connectivity issues leads to tons of Host Client crashes (say hello to "Host Migration in progress" and lots of kicked players almost every time).

Dead Lobby prevents Multiplayer gaming very effectively - once again.

Playing more than 2 consecutive matches without encountering one of the countless bugs in this bug-ridden Beta Software is near impossible.

-- edit --

Just tried one last time.
6 Minutes Game, Battle Mix (Team Deathmatch still complete NoGo)
2 Host Migrations aka Host Crashes
UPlay aka USuck lost connection to shaky Server again -> kicked by the game

Thanks for this wonderful experience UbiSoft. You really did it this time. Utter, complete desasterous failure on all levels. Congrats, quite an achievement that will be remembered...