PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on the modern day part

TheOnlyEzio
06-17-2013, 05:23 PM
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/the-present-day-part-of-assassins-creed-iv-is-a-first-person-adventure/

Most of it we already know, but the most interesting bit was:
"There will be emails and videos to find as well as chunks of what will combine into a 40-minute radio play. That last one was included, McDevitt said, because he recently realised he wanted a way to experience part of his games while he is cooking in his kitchen. Let the inspiration come from wherever, man!"

dxsxhxcx
06-17-2013, 06:05 PM
"It’s from the modern era that PlayStation players will be able to access three platform-exclusive missions (likely timed-exclusive, if history tells us anything) that let them go through adventures as Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation protagonist Aveline de Grandpré."

Ubisoft should really consider fire whoever make these decisions to make certain relevant plot points be part of a PAID DLC (The Lost Archive) and probably the coolest idea already implemented in the modern days be exclusive only to players who have "x" platform. I just hope they don't expand on the Eve plot and make this be part of whatever will be done to stop Juno..

lothario-da-be
06-17-2013, 06:07 PM
"It’s from the modern era that PlayStation players will be able to access three platform-exclusive missions (likely timed-exclusive, if history tells us anything) that let them go through adventures as Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation protagonist Aveline de Grandpré."

Ubisoft should really consider fire whoever make these decisions to make certain relevant plot points be part of a PAID DLC and probably the coolest idea already implemented in the modern days be exclusive only to players who have "x" platform. I just hope they don't expand on the Eve plot and make this a relevant thing in AC5 or whatever will come next...
I don't think the missions will have much signifance, the Benidict Arnold missions were 20 minutes long.

dxsxhxcx
06-17-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't think the missions will have much signifance, the Benidict Arnold missions were 20 minutes long.

true but you gotta admit this concept is a cool idea and everyone should be able to experience it, but my main concern is with the Eve story that was explored in AC: Liberation becoming part of the main plot during the modern days and only a few selected players (who have a PS Vita or a PS3/4) having access to it in the game...

lothario-da-be
06-17-2013, 06:25 PM
true but you gotta admit this concept is a cool idea and everyone should be able to experience it, but my main concern is with the Eve story that was explored in AC: Liberation becoming part of the main plot during the modern days and only a few selected players (who have a PS Vita or a PS3/4) having access to it in the game...
True, i am against having a unique character on ps.

SixKeys
06-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Would you mind resizing your sig, Lothario? It's HUGE.

AdamPearce
06-18-2013, 02:45 AM
Would you mind resizing your sig, Lothario? It's HUGE.

WAS huge. Before they decided to throw up the TWcB plot in the garbage and concentrate on "Boum Boum Aye Haha swaag we gott explozions so niiiiice" in ACR-3-4

Another point about the Eve plot...WHY PUT THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS IN A GAME ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU PAY 300$ (sorry for Maj) They should REALLY fire the guy who had this stupid ideas to make all the important infos about the Serie in DLCs and Extremely Expensive Spin-off games!!!!!!!!!!

Assassin_M
06-18-2013, 02:47 AM
WAS huge. Before they decided to throw up the TWcB plot in the garbage and concentrate on "Boum Boum Aye Haha swaag we gott explozions so niiiiice" in ACR-3-4

Another point about the Eve plot...WHY PUT THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS IN A GAME ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU PAY 300$ (sorry for Maj) They should REALLY fire the guy who had this stupid ideas to make all the important infos about the Serie in DLCs and Extremely Expensive Spin-off games!!!!!!!!!!
Just watch it on youtube

Jexx21
06-18-2013, 02:51 AM

dude, you should probably reread sixkeys post.

Oh, and I have a feeling that the Eve plot really isn't that important and than it's just some nice side info.

TheOnlyEzio
06-18-2013, 11:06 AM
I love it how everyone is jumping to conclusions that the eve plot point will be addressed in the aveline DLC. If it has any significance, It will put in the main game..

Assassin_M
06-18-2013, 11:08 AM
I love it how everyone is jumping to conclusions that the eve plot point will be addressed in the aveline DLC. If it has any significance, It will put in the main game..
Yes...Thank you

Legendz54
06-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Sounds great but I will be quite frank.. I give up.. I give up on the modern day..this is its last chance to impress me. It's just not interesting anymore and tbh I have other games on my mind.

montagemik
06-18-2013, 11:21 AM
JUNO IS EVE - The 'one' Desmond had to find & enter the 'gate' with -
1st Civ female who donated her DNA to create Human Hybrids ,(as she who brings to light the newborn as vigour, vital force).

That's why she's so P****d that the Human's revolted which later leads to her husband dying trying to come up with ways to save their race & mankind .

( Would that scenario please all those annoyed by the Aveline / Eve plot Vita spin-off ? )

TheOnlyEzio
06-18-2013, 12:12 PM
JUNO IS EVE - The 'one' Desmond had to find & enter the 'gate' with -
1st Civ female who donated her DNA to create Human Hybrids ,(as she who brings to light the newborn as vigour, vital force).

That's why she's so P****d that the Human's revolted which later leads to her husband dying trying to come up with ways to save their race & mankind .

( Would that scenario please all those annoyed by the Aveline / Eve plot Vita spin-off ? )

Juno never referred to this female as being 'eve', she said 'there will be one who will accompany you through the gate' and specifically 'she lies not in our sight' I have no doubt juno was referring to her self. But Clay's Eve and Juno's "she", I believe, are two completely different people. Dardy mentioned that the eve thing was touched upon in revelations, so maybe we will see more of it in this game.

But tbh, there is no point in speculating, we have been wrong all this time, clay's speach was just the ramblings of a mad man not able to differentiate different futures from one another.

TheHumanTowel
06-18-2013, 12:47 PM
After the Lost Archive we can't be sure of that at all.

Locopells
06-18-2013, 12:57 PM
i've not played ACIII:L - what's the Eve stuff that comes up through it? (Spoilers, obviously)

dxsxhxcx
06-18-2013, 01:00 PM
i've not played ACIII:L - what's the Eve stuff that comes up through it? (Spoilers, obviously)

[SPOILERS - AC: Liberation ending]
in the real ending, Erudito shows you a memory where they talk about Eve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBc4_or6zMc

I'm just expressing my fears that this might happen since Ubisoft already proved they can make bad decisions (see TLA, AC3 mission design and now this DLC with Aveline where they could give the chance to everyone to play as her, bring something NEW to the franchise and maybe make the players enjoy her story and even buy a PS Vita to play Liberation), also I didn't state anything as a fact..

TheOnlyEzio
06-18-2013, 01:07 PM
After the Lost Archive we can't be sure of that at all.

I forgot about that!

Nothing special really, just mentions how eve was pretty much a leader to the people.

montagemik
06-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Juno never referred to this female as being 'eve', she said 'there will be one who will accompany you through the gate' and specifically 'she lies not in our sight' I have no doubt juno was referring to her self. But Clay's Eve and Juno's "she", I believe, are two completely different people. Dardy mentioned that the eve thing was touched upon in revelations, so maybe we will see more of it in this game.

But tbh, there is no point in speculating, we have been wrong all this time, clay's speach was just the ramblings of a mad man not able to differentiate different futures from one another.

Erm , Don't include me in that 'WE have been wrong all this time' statement - I Always had Clay's AC-R's ramblings mixed up messages or emotions due to multiple personalities / memories.
just saying. :nonchalance:

TheOnlyEzio
06-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Erm , Don't include me in that 'WE have been wrong all this time' statement - I Always had Clay's AC-R's ramblings mixed up messages or emotions due to multiple personalities / memories.
just saying. :nonchalance:

Alright, relax. "we" is a pretty broard term around here, considering majority of the people on this forum wanted to believed clay's speech meant something more. My apologies good sir!

montagemik
06-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Alright, relax. "we" is a pretty broard term around here, considering majority of the people on this forum wanted to believed clay's speech meant something more. My apologies good sir!

OK , Apology accepted ...( puts away Hidden blade & takes down hood )

Ureh
06-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Can't imagine it's easy to write a story for this type of franchise, probably due in large part to the yearly release thingy. A lot of stuff feel retconned to the max, either that or they can't think of any better ideas. Like all that Clay stuff: Oh, right, he was just crazy. Ignore him. Maybe he made up all that eve and adam jumbo too.

Locopells
06-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Well we know he didn't make that up, since he found the memory. I don't think the crazy madman explanation is so unreasonable though. Clay was simultaneously talking about Desmond's son (which to be fair we don't know for certain he hasn't had) and how everything Desmond hoped to be and become was 'already gone', which clearly relates to his ultimate fate...

However, as for the Eve being the key part - well we don't know whether that'll become important or not yet. It clearly wasn't related to saving the world, but might well relate to stopping Juno. There's a theory that what's in the cube Edward found in the E3 trailer is blood...