PDA

View Full Version : Asassin's Creed IV Blackflag - Don't Use Weapons Slots for New Abilities

Bad213Boy
06-16-2013, 03:55 PM
One thing I hated about Tyranny of King Washing, I had to use up several of my weapon slots to use these abilities. I'd rather have these abilities have their own hotkey. I can't tell you how much I hated the fact that I had to pretty much pause combat to switch weapons if I wanted.

Also, I use a lot of Eagle Flight and Wolf Cloak as a combo. It would be much easier to have a dedicated button to use each new abilities. Having to select the weapon slot and then hitting it again to activate it sucks balls. Thank god for macros.

Anykeyer
06-17-2013, 08:40 AM
What I dont get is why they cant simply use diagonal directions on D-pad. It's the only reason why we PC players also suffer from only having 4 bindable buttons to change weapons/tools quickly. Bethesda did it long ago with their TES/Fallout 3 games, 8 bindable keys is enough for almost everything.

YazX_
06-17-2013, 10:03 AM
What I dont get is why they cant simply use diagonal directions on D-pad. It's the only reason why we PC players also suffer from only having 4 bindable buttons to change weapons/tools quickly. Bethesda did it long ago with their TES/Fallout 3 games, 8 bindable keys is enough for almost everything.

^THIS.

it has been like that since ages, we are bound to consoles crap, but also with consoles crap, they can do what Anykeyer said and save everyone the hassle. it was really annoying in whole AC3 not only DLCs. what made it even worse, previous versions of AC had transparent weapons wheel which made this limitation somehow ok, in AC3 they made it a newspaper covering the whole screen, keep switching between snares, bait, horse,...... IMO, it was the worst thing designed in this game.

Bad213Boy
06-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Personally, I don't know why anyone would use a gamepad for any PC game. Mouse and Keyboard are so much more precise. Plus, you can't macro using a gamepad. But I guess I never really thought about the fact that we can only have same about of buttons for the PC version as the stupid console versions. Pretty lame IMO. Hopefully the new PS4 and XBox One offer more buttons.

Anykeyer
06-18-2013, 06:04 AM
Let me explain. AC input system is based around Xbox controller. If you look into config files you will see that every keyboard key is just assigned to virtual controller button.
So if console version devs ever use only 4 directions on D-pad then PC will too only have 4 quick slots.

FearPazuzu
06-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Let me explain. AC input system is based around Xbox controller. If you look into config files you will see that every keyboard key is just assigned to virtual controller button.
So if console version devs ever use only 4 directions on D-pad then PC will too only have 4 quick slots.
Do you think that with PC being lead platform, they've changed this? I would've loved to have been able to switch between the abilities using the numpad for example.

YazX_
06-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Do you think that with PC being lead platform, they've changed this? I would've loved to have been able to switch between the abilities using the numpad for example.

Most likely NO, but lets wait and see.