PDA

View Full Version : 27 facts you probably didn't know about AC4

pacmanate
06-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Took all this information from Loomers interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8nXLl80VnU

1. Fights are harder, enemies attack faster and do more damage.
2. You get killed in 2 shots
3. This was done to enforce player stealth
4. How guards are placed in the world also enforces stealth.
5. Working on AI for almost full development
6. When they started development they wanted: Naval, Boarding and stealth.
7. Edward has more stealth tools, one is a blowpipe. It is a ranged stealth tool and isn't used to kill, but manipulate AI.
8. Tweaked detection rules
9. Can manipulate the AI better
10 Still working on making the combat harder but fun.
11. In the main story there are basic objectives now aka "Go kill this guy"
12. Less hand holding, you can do anything you want to complete the objective.
13. When attacking another ship, you can also do this stealthy by swimming to that ship.
14. 100% Sync objectives dont tell you how to kill people. Eg "For this mission, use stalking zones"
15. You can go below deck in the Jackdaw. You have a captains cabin which you can access whenever and the cabin allows you to customise the ship and Edward as well as giving you access to your fleet.
16. Multiplayer characters will be in the game.
17. Some side missions flesh out character development of some of your recruits
18. One commitment they wanted to make is to make a POLISHED game looking at core mechanics and naval
19. If a system isn't good enough, they either cut or try to fix it to make sure it is polished.
20. Feedback from AC3 has been taken into consideration and they have huge play tests every week
21. Caribbean open world is the most fresh thing they have made.
22. Over 50 locations, 3 of the locations are city, over 75 sandbanks/beaches.
23. Made sure that player is always motivated, always has something to do.
24. All side stuff has gameplay value which was tough to do but fans will be pleased.
25. There is a demo shown at E3 that involved killing 2 brothers (which we haven't seen)
26. Because the world is massive and lots to explore AMBIENT MUSIC IS BACK!
27. Seashanties are collectables, music sheets used to make crew sing lovely songs to you.

roostersrule2
06-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Sad thing is, it's not really fact until we play the game and see.

Shahkulu101
06-16-2013, 02:13 PM
1 fact you know but don't want to admit: half of this will be removed in the final product.

pacmanate
06-16-2013, 02:15 PM
1 fact you know but don't want to admit: half of this will be removed in the final product.

Doubt it. All this stuff seems pretty standard tbh.

ProletariatPleb
06-16-2013, 02:17 PM
^This, they made promises last year they couldn't deliver at all and they were all different things not done previously. Still...be skeptic.

pacmanate
06-16-2013, 02:18 PM
^This, they made promises last year they couldn't deliver at all and they were all different things not done previously. Still...be skeptic.

All these things are small things but dont seem like they will be cut. I cant see a feature there that would be taken out. Sure you could argue difficulty when it comes out but that is all opinion

dxsxhxcx
06-16-2013, 02:20 PM
all great news

Shahkulu101
06-16-2013, 02:23 PM
I still think there will be more linearity and handholding than they're letting on. Just look at the E3 demo. I also hope that ALL the assassination missions are open we don't want another repeat of Hickey, Biddle etc.

pacmanate
06-16-2013, 02:25 PM
I still think there will be more linearity and handholding than they're letting on. Just look at the E3 demo. I also hope that ALL the assassination missions are open we don't want another repeat of Hickey, Biddle etc.

Well like Ashraf said, the missions are more direct and tasks are more simple. I am sure they wouldnt do more hand holding. If anything, hand holding requires more effort to execute in a game.

montagemik
06-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Well like Ashraf said, the missions are more direct and tasks are more simple. I am sure they wouldnt do more hand holding. If anything, hand holding requires more effort to execute in a game.

More direct missions & simpler tasks ?? - Don't get too excited , That description also fits AC3 sidequests perfectly . :nonchalance:

MT4K
06-16-2013, 10:17 PM
More direct missions & simpler tasks ?? - Don't get too excited , That description also fits AC3 sidequests perfectly . :nonchalance:

That's a scary thought. From one extreme straight to the other huh :p.

pacmanate
06-16-2013, 10:27 PM
If the objective just says "kill this guy", its just like AC1 again.

MT4K
06-16-2013, 10:30 PM
If the objective just says "kill this guy", its just like AC1 again.

Well as long as there's some kind of background to it then it's fine with me. Which AC4 hopefully does right :D.

that was the biggest problem with the side assassinations in ac3 really... they was just too bland and felt unconnected to the rest of the game in general.

Farlander1991
06-16-2013, 10:40 PM
hat was the biggest problem with the side assassinations in ac3 really... they was just too bland and felt unconnected to the rest of the game in general.

I thought the biggest problem with side assassinations in ac3 was because the dudes were just strolling around with no mission design involved whatsoever? (Except one, I think there was one assassination target in the Frontier that had a nicely designed little guarded area... either that, or it was a nicely guarded locked chest which you could get unnoticed... hm....)

MT4K
06-16-2013, 10:48 PM
I thought the biggest problem with side assassinations in ac3 was because the dudes were just strolling around with no mission design involved whatsoever? (Except one, I think there was one assassination target in the Frontier that had a nicely designed little guarded area... either that, or it was a nicely guarded locked chest which you could get unnoticed... hm....)

Well yeah that's what i meant by them being bland :).

monster_rambo
06-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Aside from "number promises", like over 50 locations and 75 sandbanks, the other stuff on the list is too vague or is pure ********. Can't believe anyone buys into this stuff after 2 games of promises. Wait for the final game.

edit: Pacmanate seems to buy too much into this PR talk for some reason.

Farlander1991
06-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Well yeah that's what i meant by them being bland :).

Oh, ok. I thought bland related to the absence of context. Because, really, the side assassinations in AC3 had the potential to still be cool gameplay-wise even with the total absence of backstory.

monster_rambo
06-16-2013, 11:00 PM
14. 100% Sync objectives dont tell you how to kill people. Eg "For this mission, use stalking zones"

Yes, they have that in ACIII, ACB, and ACR. Use hiding spots, do not detected, earn 5 killstreaks,etc. They are all constraints.

Haha..from what I have seen at the e3 demo, it seems like you could pistol whip pretty quickly and still uses the same flawed combat system from the past 4 games.

How? Specify.

21. Caribbean open world is the most fresh thing they have made.
22. Over 50 locations, 3 of the locations are city, over 75 sandbanks/beaches.

This is something I believe and trust that it will be in the final game.

Thank god they didn't **** up like ACIII. Thank god the music is back.

apacherose2012
06-17-2013, 12:33 AM

Yes, they have that in ACIII, ACB, and ACR. Use hiding spots, do not detected, earn 5 killstreaks,etc. They are all constraints.

He's saying there won't be any constraints on how to kill the person, such as use hiding spots, do not be detected etc.

Haha..from what I have seen at the e3 demo, it seems like you could pistol whip pretty quickly and still uses the same flawed combat system from the past 4 games.

The E3 demos are made to ensure the demonstrator doesn't fail. And how do you know the combat system is flawed. In the demo he didn't actually 'fight' anybody with his sword. He either shot them or assassinated them. Unless you're watching a different one from me.

How? Specify.

These two aren't related as you might think. He's saying that the player will be motivated to do main / side content through incentives such as treasure and those sea chanties mentioned.

I'm pretty cynical about some of these points as well but I think you misinterpreted some of those points.

monster_rambo
06-17-2013, 04:16 AM
He's saying there won't be any constraints on how to kill the person, such as use hiding spots, do not be detected etc.

Actually no, in case you haven't watched the video, he was very hesitant and unclear about the new synchronization system. He basically said, there won't be constraints on "how to kill a person" such as air assassination but there is still a synchronization such as hiding spots. These are constraints and many people want this remove because that big "x" is annoying and the synchronizations are not fun to do.

The E3 demos are made to ensure the demonstrator doesn't fail. And how do you know the combat system is flawed. In the demo he didn't actually 'fight' anybody with his sword. He either shot them or assassinated them. Unless you're watching a different one from me.

This is essentially combat. You can take out 4 enemies with your pistols. And I didn't even see reload his guns unlike ACIV. Unless you can provide evidence to the contrary, ACIV system still works on the QTE of counter-kills and killstreaks which is flawed in the past systems.

These two aren't related as you might think. He's saying that the player will be motivated to do main / side content through incentives such as treasure and those sea chanties mentioned.

I'm pretty cynical about some of these points as well but I think you misinterpreted some of those points.

Again, you are wrong. They aren't related but he didn't specify how they were implemented in the system. Just because I could collect sea songs doesn't mean I would be motivated or engaged in doing. Remember those delivery missions, yes those are side missions but it doesn't motivate me in any way. As usual, they are very vague and questionable.

Killrbees17
06-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Took all this information from Loomers interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8nXLl80VnU

2. You get killed in 2 shots
7. Edward has more stealth tools, one is a blowpipe. It is a ranged stealth tool and isn't used to kill, but manipulate AI.
8. Tweaked detection rules
13. When attacking another ship, you can also do this stealthy by swimming to that ship.
15. You can go below deck in the Jackdaw. You have a captains cabin which you can access whenever and the cabin allows you to customise the ship and Edward as well as giving you access to your fleet.
17. Some side missions flesh out character development of some of your recruits
18. One commitment they wanted to make is to make a POLISHED game looking at core mechanics and naval

These are pretty important. Let's see if they can finally polish a tird.

Jexx21
06-17-2013, 06:25 AM
what's a tird

did you mean bird?

because technically the AC series is a bird since the eagle is one of their main symbols. pretty sure you can't really polish a bird though.. maybe if you dumped some water on it, it would look shinier then... nah.. wet hair doesn't really shine much, doubt feathers would shine. I really don't think you can shine a bird.

poptartz20
06-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Hey... this is some great info. I hope they stay true to everything thats been mentioned. *fingerscrossed*

I know alot of you feel scorned and bitter by AC3 but 4 has alot of potential.

The best thing is to just keep expectations low so that if it does fall short you didn't expect much from it anyways. haha.

Jexx21
06-17-2013, 07:14 AM
your quote should say freedom is peace rather than peace is freedom.

not sure how you didn't catch that, because I'm pretty sure that haytham didn't mean to say that peace is an invitation to chaos.

errm, and AC3 is pretty awesome.

poptartz20
06-17-2013, 07:34 AM
your quote should say freedom is peace rather than peace is freedom.

not sure how you didn't catch that, because I'm pretty sure that haytham didn't mean to say that peace is an invitation to chaos.

errm, and AC3 is pretty awesome.

Ha... yeah you're right I didn't catch that. I was quoting it from the top of my head at the time.
Yah and I agree, AC3 is personally my favorite story wise. The gameplay had several flaws but none were terribly game breaking to me.

apacherose2012
06-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Actually no, in case you haven't watched the video, he was very hesitant and unclear about the new synchronization system. He basically said, there won't be constraints on "how to kill a person" such as air assassination but there is still a synchronization such as hiding spots. These are constraints and many people want this remove because that big "x" is annoying and the synchronizations are not fun to do.

Not saying that I want the constraints in the game anyway.

This is essentially combat. You can take out 4 enemies with your pistols. And I didn't even see reload his guns unlike ACIV. Unless you can provide evidence to the contrary, ACIV system still works on the QTE of counter-kills and killstreaks which is flawed in the past systems.

He didn't reload guns because he put them away, reloading is nearly a given for any game that has a gun. I shouldn't have to supply evidence to support what the game director has already stated. Until I see actual sword combat gameplay that proves otherwise, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

How specify?
Again, you are wrong. They aren't related but he didn't specify how they were implemented in the system. Just because I could collect sea songs doesn't mean I would be motivated or engaged in doing. Remember those delivery missions, yes those are side missions but it doesn't motivate me in any way. As usual, they are very vague and questionable.

I assumed because you put those two particular quotes together, that enforcing stealth would reduce freedom and in turn motivation which is why I said you might of misinterpreted it.

What you see as motivation is subjective so I'm not 'wrong'. Some people are really into pirates and their history, and would love to hear each and every pirate song. I myself would prefer a cosmetic costume or a weapon or something. Some others would simply like a small expansion on story or lore. The sea chanties I gave was only an example because that is the only reward confirmed so far. Though I agree, I'm doubtful that the rewards will be nothing more that money and some ingredients to trade in for more money. Hopefully they can go back to more substantial rewards like in ACB

pacmanate
06-17-2013, 09:17 AM
To whoever said I'm buying into PR talk.....

Do these things listed sound particular hard to do? I can hardly see any in the 27 points that seem like they won't be in the game.

lasha7716
06-17-2013, 12:08 PM
This is essentially combat. You can take out 4 enemies with your pistols. And I didn't even see reload his guns unlike ACIV.

watch demo again in first pistol kill he uses guns on his breast and on ship he kills with gun on his back

montagemik
06-17-2013, 12:12 PM

Do these things listed sound particular hard to do? I can hardly see any in the 27 points that seem like they won't be in the game.

You haven't listed a single 'fact' - You listed 27 pieces of information that have been 'Stated' . They become facts when they actually appear in a finished game .

pacmanate
06-17-2013, 01:43 PM
You haven't listed a single 'fact' - You listed 27 pieces of information that have been 'Stated' . They become facts when they actually appear in a finished game .

That has nothing to do with what I was replying too.

ArabianFrost
06-17-2013, 02:44 PM

(Many assumptions ahead)
Maybe calling them facts is an overstatement. However, I am still an advocate of your opinion.
Let me just remind you guys of some facts about the development times of the past games and why this will NOT affect AC4:
-ACB had a 1 year development
-ACR had a 10 month development, originally ported from a 3DS version.
-AC3 took approximately 3 years to develop, but the engine took 1.5 years to develop, so they had about 1.5 years to develop the game. Keep into consideration that this game was supposed to be far better had it been given it's proper development time (I am looking at you Yves Guillmont).

See the pattern? These games didn't have their proper development time. This one has 2.5 full years to develop. They started constructing AI 2 FULL YEARS AGO. C'mon, this isn't at all hard to pull off, considering the sheer amount of time they put into gameplay. AC3 didn't deliver not because it couldn't, but because it didn't have time to do so. This one has a lot of time and therefore can deliver. These are over 4000 professionals with over 2 years at hand. By no means is this difficult.

Moreover, this isn't related to how difficult it is to pull this features off, but it's related to the Devs. They tend to emphasise on how stealth and freedom are important, so why would they muck up their more advertised features? Maybe the small things like crouching they won't implement, but nothing as significant as stealth. This is also just a hunch, but I believe these devs are more trustworthy. How open they are about the development of the game (I.e they are still working on level design) makes me somewhat reassured that they can deliver. I am still cautious, I still won't believe everything they throw at us, but have a bit of faith in these guys.

AssassinHMS
06-17-2013, 03:00 PM
See the pattern? These games didn't have their proper development time. This one has 2.5 full years to develop. They started constructing AI 2 FULL YEARS AGO. C'mon, this isn't at all hard to pull off, considering the sheer amount of time they put into gameplay. AC3 didn't deliver not because it couldn't, but because it didn't have time to do so. This one has a lot of time and therefore can deliver. These are over 4000 professionals with over 2 years at hand. By no means is this difficult.

It's not just a matter of time...they must choose their priorities and focus on what's really important, otherwise they may work for 5 years and still get crappy results.

ArabianFrost
06-17-2013, 03:09 PM
It's not just a matter of time...they must choose their priorities and focus on what's really important, otherwise they may work for 5 years and still get crappy results.

You heard Ashraf. 2 years ago they said they needed Naval, Boarding and Stealth. How more clear can it be?

montagemik
06-17-2013, 03:09 PM
That has nothing to do with what I was replying too.

It kind of does - You're hearing/reading statements from PR & interviews & then listing these statements 'as Facts' - Sounds like you're buying the PR talk to me.
(But they're not facts until they appear in a finished game, however simple or likely they sound.)

ArabianFrost
06-17-2013, 03:15 PM
It kind of does - You're hearing/reading statements from PR & interviews & then listing these statements 'as Facts' - Sounds like you're buying the PR talk to me.
(But they're not facts until they appear in a finished game, however simple or likely they sound.)

PR talk is very demeaning phrase, sounds like something I'd describe as a statement void of information but just ripe with buzzwords and useless words (e.g AC4 is going to be a brilliant innovation to the creative world of gaming. This isn't PR talk as much as it's info for the hardcore fans. They're stating features in the game. Not everyone wants to feeds you empty promises. Still though, they aren't necessarily facts.

pacmanate
06-17-2013, 05:24 PM

Seriously... I don't really care. Just read them and do with them as you wish. I know some will not make the final game, thats part of the development process. Calm down.

dex3108
06-17-2013, 10:21 PM
I don't know if this is mentioned anywhere on forum but we WON'T be able to dive underwater whenever we want and wherever we want. Underwater gameplays is limited to certain locations.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/assassins-creed-4-impressions-e3-2013

luckyto
06-17-2013, 10:39 PM
19. If a system isn't good enough, they either cut or try to fix it to make sure it is polished.
20. Feedback from AC3 has been taken into consideration and they have huge play tests every week

Best. news. yet.

salman147
06-18-2013, 09:48 AM

The problem is:When the game comes out, when most of these facts turn false and gamers and fans break into serious outrage,when fans would ask the devs why they left out these promised stuffs,devs would say:we ran some tests and saw that this would not fit into the game,making the game more difficult would create more problems for those who want only good story or fun etc...So,we decided to cut off these things.

salman147
06-18-2013, 09:52 AM
The number of developers in Watch Dogs,Splinter Cell and other good Ubisoft titles are less than half of the devs number who r working on assassins creed black flag.Yet other games seem to perform better.Why?

monster_rambo
06-18-2013, 09:53 AM

They couldn't even get the crowd to react to you in ACIII. It was absolutely perfect even in ACR which had less than 1 year of development. What makes you think most of this stuff if any is going to be in the final game? This is why I say you buy too much into this PR talk. I wouldn't trust anything until the final game.

montagemik
06-18-2013, 10:09 AM
I don't know if this is mentioned anywhere on forum but we WON'T be able to dive underwater whenever we want and wherever we want. Underwater gameplays is limited to certain locations.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/assassins-creed-4-impressions-e3-2013

Given the size of the open world - level of detail & power needed to generate these levels of gameplayfeatures / graphics Nobody with half a brain ever actually thought we'd have totally free reign to dive & swim underwater absolutely anywhere or everywhere in AC:4 DID THEY ??

The game is made for current Gen & Next gen technology - Not 1st Civ technology.

monster_rambo
06-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Given the size of the open world - level of detail & power needed to generate these levels of gameplayfeatures / graphics Nobody with half a brain ever actually thought we'd have totally free reign to dive & swim underwater absolutely anywhere or everywhere in AC:4 DID THEY ??

The game is made for current Gen & Next gen technology - Not 1st Civ technology.

Yet GTA5 features full underwater exploration and is bigger than GTAIV, San Andreas and RDR combined.

Assassin_M
06-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Yet GTA5 features full underwater exploration
Do you know that for a fact?

monster_rambo
06-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Do you know that for a fact?

Yes, I am a regular tester for Rockstar games.

Assassin_M
06-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Yes, I am a regular tester for Rockstar games.
I believe you..

montagemik
06-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Yet GTA5 features full underwater exploration and is bigger than GTAIV, San Andreas and RDR combined.

& you're comparing GTA V game mechanics , graphics & detail to AC-4's ??
Just like San andreas Canyon areas = Massive open space to explore - Very little to actually do & see there.

Assassin_M
06-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Just like San andreas Canyon areas = Massive open space to explore - Very little to actually do & see there.
That KINDA works against AC4`s massive open space of Water as well...

monster_rambo
06-18-2013, 10:35 AM

Yeah I know. There is no comparison. GTA is so much better. San Andreas is an old game but GTAIV is hugely detail and much better graphics. I still think Vice city is the best but yeah, GTAV is better. I can go to the gym, do yoga, go scuba diving, base jump, ram my jet into buildings. Is gonna be better that I'm 90% sure. One thing that GTAV doesn't compare to ACIV is the historical and beautiful Carribean frontier but you never know is good until the final game for AC.

montagemik
06-18-2013, 10:35 AM
That KINDA works against AC4`s massive open space of Water as well...

Also applies to GTA's massive open world Water & boats too . Not much to do but simplistically steal other boats or attack coastguards.

You wanna give AC a drop in graphics standards / animations / game mechanics - You can have a massive open world UNDERWATER carribbean ocean mostly devoid of sealife to explore too.
Sounds EPIC . :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
06-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Also applies to GTA's massive open world Water & boats too . Not much to do but simplistically steal other boats or attack coastguards.

You wanna give AC a drop in graphics standards / animations / game mechanics - You can have a massive open world UNDERWATER carribbean ocean mostly devoid of sealife to explore too.
Uhh No, I totally understand what you`re saying, i just meant that the whole open space argument can both ways, in favor or against.....just sayin`

monster_rambo
06-18-2013, 10:42 AM

Unfortunately, this is unlike ARMA 3. You can create your own mission structure within the world and have others to play so is never devoid of something. This is probably something AC will never have but who knows. And I agree about the massive world, just like the Frontier had little to do with anything and is empty. But massive worlds can have a lot of content provided they put enough there. Quality and quantity wise.

Farlander1991
06-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Uhh No, I totally understand what you`re saying, i just meant that the whole open space argument can both ways, in favor or against.....just sayin`

Which is why I personally prefer tighter and smaller areas but with more things to do. Probably that's why when it comes to RPGs I'm more of a fan of Witcher 1, 2, Gothic 1 and 2, rather than massive RPGs like The Elder Scrolls... which is also a reason of why I'm a bit afraid for Witcher 3, because Gothic 3 also tried to become massive and it absolutely failed, now I'm not as afraid for Witcher 3 but I still am a bit skeptical about its sudden increase in scale in comparison to the first two games.

Though, still, I can't help but feel immersed in the AC worlds. I would travel in AC1 through kingdom from city to city without galloping at all. Would stop in villages, hunt down Templars there, continue on my way. Even though, let's face it, the amount of content in Kingdom is abysmal.

Assassin_M
06-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Which is why I personally prefer tighter and smaller areas but with more things to do. Probably that's why when it comes to RPGs I'm more of a fan of Witcher 1, 2, Gothic 1 and 2, rather than massive RPGs like The Elder Scrolls... which is also a reason of why I'm a bit afraid for Witcher 3, because Gothic 3 also tried to become massive and it absolutely failed, now I'm not as afraid for Witcher 3 but I still am a bit skeptical about its sudden increase in scale in comparison to the first two games.

Though, still, I can't help but feel immersed in the AC worlds. I would travel in AC1 through kingdom from city to city without galloping at all. Would stop in villages, hunt down Templars there, continue on my way. Even though, let's face it, the amount of content in Kingdom is abysmal.
Agreed. sometimes, size can be completely trumped by so many elements of interactivity or even observation...having enough interesting to see and do is, imo, so much better....

monster_rambo
06-18-2013, 10:50 AM

Am I the only one that actually liked the Kingdom? I agree there is little content and no actual missions and story told and there is no unique historical structure but I view it as a work in progress. It was the first game and one of the earlier games on a new system. It had potential to add so many things to it. I think that if you do it correctly, it can work out well. Let's see what happens in the Carribean open world.

Farlander1991
06-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Am I the only one that actually liked the Kingdom?

Uhm.... how could you read
"Though, still, I can't help but feel immersed in the AC worlds. I would travel in AC1 through kingdom from city to city without galloping at all. Would stop in villages, hunt down Templars there, continue on my way."
and think that it means 'I hate Kingdom?!' :p

Just because I'm saying that there is no content there doesn't mean that I was not enjoying it. But for me stuff like Kingdom and Frontier are more of an exception rather than rule when it comes to the preference of world size (and amount of stuff to do in it)

montagemik
06-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Agreed. sometimes, size can be completely trumped by so many elements of interactivity or even observation...having enough interesting to see and do is, imo, so much better....

If there'd been a little more action & content in the Frontier - I would've been happy to Ditch New York in AC:3 completely .

monster_rambo
06-18-2013, 10:54 AM

Given the limited amount of time. It is impossible to generate a unique and intrigueing interaction in the AC world. This is why I am in favor of letting people create their own side missions, not the main missions, but side missions, and share them like LBP and ARMA. Have like a mission editor, select your AI types, dialogue, etc. and possibly a map editor. This could get the game interesting for a long time.

Farlander1991
06-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Given the limited amount of time. It is impossible to generate a unique and intrigueing interaction in the AC world. This is why I am in favor of letting people create their own side missions, not the main missions, but side missions, and share them like LBP and ARMA. Have like a mission editor, select your AI types, dialogue, etc. and possibly a map editor. This could get the game interesting for a long time.

Yes, I really wish Ubi would release some kind of modkit for AC. Even its incredibly uncomfortable to use and may just break everything (as a game dev myself personally I had a lots of experience with tools like that :D ), because a proper public modkit (with a sharing option and stuff) takes a lot of effort and time. But I would just mod the hell out of Assassin's Creed games.

monster_rambo
06-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Uhm.... how could you read

Yes I did read that. I phrased it wrong. What I was just trying to say is that not many people liked the kingdom and I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed traversing between the cities and I see it as a prototype as a future seamless open world where we don't have to use loading screens between cities.

montagemik
06-18-2013, 11:01 AM

That's one feature AC hasn't copied from an older Assassin game series yet , A Mission & level creator for varied mission types - allowing everything from guard AI , patrol routes , mission objectives , map layout , booby traps etc etc ...
But there are still other AC games in future that might 'borrow' this idea & add it as a 'new' innovative feature :rolleyes:- Given the Abstergo Entertainment angle the series now has.

Cornik22
06-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Just Cause 2 is massive and you can go underwater wherever you want. The same in Ubisoft's Far Cry 3 (which was awesome), and now GTA V. So why not in AC IV?

Jexx21
06-18-2013, 03:10 PM
because. there's no point.

anyway, AC4 MP has game lab, which lets people make their own game modes. I can see a future AC game having a side-mission editor or something.

ArabianFrost
06-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Just Cause 2 is massive and you can go underwater wherever you want. The same in Ubisoft's Far Cry 3 (which was awesome), and now GTA V. So why not in AC IV?

These games usually have a bland, lifeless seabed. The devs of AC4 want to recreate a lively sea bed, bursting with sea life and coral reefs. They only have 2.5 years to create the west indies with 50 locations and 75 playas, along with naval, a stealth gameplay out (that takes far more time than the guns blazing nature of GTA) and a historically accurate story. I think you can find it quite difficult to fit in the ENTIRETY of the west indies sea bed into the game. One the other hand, The rockstar devs have far more time on their hands, so they have a reason to create a full seabed for GTA V.

ArabianFrost
06-18-2013, 03:23 PM
because. there's no point.

anyway, AC4 MP has game lab, which lets people make their own game modes. I can see a future AC game having a side-mission editor or something.

Man would I love to see a game mode with no guns, no smoke bomb and no roofing. I hope the community votes on a mode like this.

ProletariatPleb
06-18-2013, 03:23 PM
because yearly releases.

ArabianFrost
06-18-2013, 03:33 PM
because yearly releases.

Because Yves. The key is in his DNA.

lothario-da-be
06-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Because Yves. The key is in his DNA.
We should go find him.

ArabianFrost
06-18-2013, 04:01 PM
We should go find him.

Yeah. He's DNA is very unique. It's a unique mix between greedy businessmen and cow milkers. He must accompany us through the gates.

lothario-da-be
06-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Yeah. He's DNA is very unique. It's a unique mix between greedy businessmen and cow milkers. He must accompany us through the gates.
I hope he reads this and feels guilty about what he has done to us.

luckyto
06-18-2013, 04:42 PM
GTAIV is, in my opinion, the clunkiest most overrated game of all time. The controls are simply clunky, and they don't feel natural - whether on foot or in a vehicle. RDR far and away exceeds GTAIV and it's still a little sluggish. GTAIV is perhaps one of the most uncomfortable forced control systems of this generation, and I find it hard to enjoy any of the million things you could do when doing them is so painful.

Yes I did read that. I phrased it wrong. What I was just trying to say is that not many people liked the kingdom and I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed traversing between the cities and I see it as a prototype as a future seamless open world where we don't have to use loading screens between cities.

Me too. I really liked the Kingdom.

Great game. Just Cause 2 controls are far and away more responsive and natural than GTAIV. Terribly story, but great sandbox and solid controls. Truthfully, underwater in Just Cause 2 isn't all that exciting. I

Why can't Black Flag do it? Because the amount of water is vastly different ... much much larger. And two, they are using "open water" as a loading screen that is invisible to the user. Everything loads in the background. It's really not "seamless", it will just feel seamless. So from a development side, it makes sense to not allow the player to dive anywhere. Also, that's processing power which can be freed up, as they will only load the underwater landscape when needed.

Farlander1991
06-18-2013, 05:36 PM
It's really not "seamless", it will just feel seamless.

That's what makes it seamless. :p

And, really, no game loads up everything from the get go during the loading screen, even if it's a crowded/dense place like the Frontier (actually, that would be ESPECIALLY if it's a crowded/dense place like the Frontier, and by crowded/dense I mean there's a LOT of objects there).

luckyto
06-18-2013, 06:38 PM
That's what makes it seamless. :p

And, really, no game loads up everything from the get go during the loading screen, even if it's a crowded/dense place like the Frontier (actually, that would be ESPECIALLY if it's a crowded/dense place like the Frontier, and by crowded/dense I mean there's a LOT of objects there).

I didn't intend for that to be a criticism, it's just the way it's built. For all practical purposes, it will be seamless. I'm perfectly fine with it.

Cornik22
06-19-2013, 02:14 PM
More stuff:

- Android and iOS tablets – and the Wii U's game tablet – can be used to track your position within the console game, as well as serve as a treasure map. You can also play mini-games such as directing captured ships to plunder other waters. All that you capture flows back into the console-based game.

- Dolphins confirmed

- Maybe there will be a sea monster hidden, as an easter egg (similar to the giant squid in AC II)

- During storms you have to be careful with tornados and lightning bolts that might strike you if you are not careful.

Ureh
06-19-2013, 02:33 PM
I was wondering if there will be dolphins! Now all that's left is to see if they'll save us when our ship is wrecked and/or if we can whistle for them. :)

ArabianFrost
06-19-2013, 03:13 PM
More stuff:

- Android and iOS tablets – and the Wii U's game tablet – can be used to track your position within the console game, as well as serve as a treasure map. You can also play mini-games such as directing captured ships to plunder other waters. All that you capture flows back into the console-based game.

- Dolphins confirmed

- Maybe there will be a sea monster hidden, as an easter egg (similar to the giant squid in AC II)

- During storms you have to be careful with tornados and lightning bolts that might strike you if you are not careful.

Please tell me the Note 2 is a tablet. Can't be bothered to buy a clunky big phone for maps.

Sushiglutton
06-19-2013, 04:38 PM

There are two ways we could potentially dive underwater: deep with the diving bell and from the surface by just swimming. The diving bell stuff will only be available at specific locations. Where and if we can swim down from the surface (like in JC2 and FC3) I don't think has been confirmed. My two cents.

montagemik
06-19-2013, 05:39 PM
I was wondering if there will be dolphins! Now all that's left is to see if they'll save us when our ship is wrecked and/or if we can whistle for them. :)

No - When we whistle , 2 giant sea turtles arrive , we then jetski back to land.

luckyto
06-19-2013, 05:50 PM
No - When we whistle , 2 giant sea turtles arrive , we then jetski back to land.

Aye, sea turtles!

LOL

Locopells
06-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Thank you Captain Jack Sparrow...

AvK KiNgKoBrA
06-19-2013, 07:17 PM
l.

In the Machinima Interview it was confirmed that there will be alot of Desmond Easter Eggs
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/775793-Machinima-interview-with-Ashraf-Ismail

Jexx21
06-19-2013, 07:43 PM
More stuff:

- Dolphins confirmed

I assume that the PSVita will also work as a tablet would for the PS3/PS4.

Cornik22
06-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Btw, sea turtles confirmed. Jet skiing, still to be confirmed...

Shahkulu101
06-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Whales, dolphins, sea turtles, Ubisoft is tugging at my heart strings. I won't have the heart to kill them. Which is incredibly hypocritical considering I could kill bears and cougars without hesitation.

I-Like-Pie45
06-19-2013, 08:11 PM
In the Machinima Interview it was confirmed that there will be alot of Desmond Easter Eggs
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/775793-Machinima-interview-with-Ashraf-Ismail

Desmond doesn't deserve Easter Eggs.

AC2_alex
06-19-2013, 08:23 PM

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

Excuse me, he took his own life to save the world.

ProletariatPleb
06-19-2013, 08:36 PM
He doesn't.

Hahahahahahahaahahahaha somehow that's supposed to make me care about generic 1 dimensional character with the personality of a housefly.

Sigv4rd
06-20-2013, 03:22 AM

Altiar, Ezio, and Connor spent their lives being interesting (something Desmond failed at miserably) and saving the world in other ways...

Jexx21
06-20-2013, 03:28 AM
I liked Desmond.

SixKeys
06-20-2013, 03:30 AM
I like how the people hating on Desmond tend to think Altaïr was a Deep and Complex character.

Jexx21
06-20-2013, 03:32 AM
hmm.. I want chicken with barbeque sauce.

Sigv4rd
06-20-2013, 04:13 AM
I liked Desmond.
To each his own... :)

Killrbees17
06-20-2013, 04:57 AM
what's a tird

did you mean bird?

because technically the AC series is a bird since the eagle is one of their main symbols. pretty sure you can't really polish a bird though.. maybe if you dumped some water on it, it would look shinier then... nah.. wet hair doesn't really shine much, doubt feathers would shine. I really don't think you can shine a bird.
Don't let your jimmies get rustled. We all want a good game and the last one wasn't exactly as advertised. It was pretty much a tird. If it makes you happy I can call it a bird tird. Either way I think it can be polished with a shine. Even a spit shine would do. Not talking about the series overall, just the last droppings. Nomsayin

Jexx21
06-20-2013, 05:02 AM
Dude, I was making fun of the way you spelled turd.

>.>

Killrbees17
06-20-2013, 05:09 AM
You still smelled it wrong.

Jexx21
06-20-2013, 05:10 AM
AC3 was still a good game by the way, my biggest gripe with it is the guard detection AI and breaking out of a chase.

Killrbees17
06-20-2013, 05:27 AM
Since you mentioned it guard detection has been subpar on the entire series for the most part. They should come at me every time they see me whether I am Ezio or Conner. They came at me hard when I was in the wilderness with Altair. The stealth system on this series has been elementary and way too easy to kill the objective target. Need something to hunt other than animals. Maybe a templar?without the storyline directing me to do so. Would be a change of pace. Agree?

Kit572
06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
If they can deliver all of these 27 "facts", then I would be happy. really do want there to be more stealth in this franchise...

Assassin_M
06-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Conner.
:|

DualFace
06-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Returning the ambient music to the series is a big one for me. It should not have ever been taken away.

pacmanate
06-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Some additional facts about Black Flag: 1. It sucks. 2. It's crap. 3. It's digital turd. 4. It kills your parents. 5. You suck if you play it.

Please remove yourself from earth.

Locopells
06-20-2013, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ochUsNBzw9M

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Please keep the conversation to the thread title and not insulting others.

Locopells
06-22-2013, 08:13 PM
The conversation that dropped off the front page two days ago, until it got bumped...just sayin'...

pacmanate
06-22-2013, 08:26 PM
The conversation that dropped off the front page two days ago, until it got bumped...just sayin'...

This man is correct!