PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 Crouching...unconfirmed but on their mind

Wolfmeister1010
06-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Some of the main sources of skepticism have already been dealt with, like the confirmation of ambient music, and the confirmation that you can go INSIDE the Jackdaw. However, one source has still yet to be confirmed, crouching. Multiple twitter posts, interviews, and the like all have ubisoft and darby talking about how it may or may not be in the game.

Ubisoft, specifically Ismail, has reassured us that even though the game is well into works and the core game is basically completed, they still have yet to fine tune and rethink some things. Ubisoft has told us that they do listen to the community about certain things, and even stalk around the forums and the Internet to see what the fans are thinking.

Crouching is a topic that I see everywhere. It is almost impossible that the issue hasn't been brought before their attention. Now, they just have to have time to decide whether it is a good decision or not. There is still time to change things and you never know who is listening in to these threads.

I fully believe that ubisoft will do the right thing. Personally, I really really really want crouching, not just because of the stealth reasons, but also just for aesthetic and baddassery reasons. However, if ubisoft does for some reason decide against it, then I am sure they have their reasons. Crouching is unconfirmed, but definitely on their minds.

P.s, I know that I may get some hate for this thread, and people saying"oh we have already talked about this before wolfmeister" but I truly think that if we all voice our opinion loud enough, whatever that opinion may be, then it could get Mr Shade's attention or something, and then even get ubisoft's attention.

roostersrule2
06-16-2013, 06:12 AM
I'd say include it, it's not like it could hurt the series.....

Ureh
06-16-2013, 06:36 AM
Rarely used the surfing crouch in previous games so don't see the need for it unless they design the game around it or at least implement it in certain missions. And as long as as it doesn't become overpowered. We'll just have to leave it up to the devs since they're the ones to should know if it should be included.

Wolfmeister1010
06-16-2013, 07:22 AM
Here is what I think. It would not "change" the gameplay. But it sure as hell won't hurt it. I mean, look at batman arkham games. I never really needed to crouch. But, it felt and looked SO MUCH BETTER when you crouch before chocking them out. Just like in AC4, where it would looks so much better and just feel so much better to crouch while being stealthy.

Even though the e3 demo showed some good stalking zone stealth, there were still some parts where I literally cringed with pain as I saw Edward standing straight up. Like when he was assassinating the guard after climbing up the little stream, he just stood up and casually walked up and stabbed him. It was literally painful. It would be so much better If you could actually crouch just to make it look and FEEL better.

Why would you have outfit skins in a game if it wasn't for making it look better? Crouching doesn't have to change the stealth formula. It would just look soooooo much better and make me feel so much more like an assassin. And ipcrouching can just be assigned to the analogue stick opposite the eagle vision one. I mean, who uses the center camera function anyway?? Come on ubisoft... Do the right thing here,

Mr Shade... If you are out there... What can I do to bribe you to bring this to the dev's attention??

lothario-da-be
06-16-2013, 07:52 AM
It worries me that they don't realy know if crouching will be included, because it has a big impact on the gameplay.

andreycvetov
06-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Please,do it!

ze_topazio
06-16-2013, 12:03 PM
And once we have crouching we finally can start discussing the inclusion of a crawling function.

Jexx21
06-16-2013, 07:18 PM
I'll vote for the option that says: wolfmeister makes too many topics on topics we already have topics about

Shahkulu101
06-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Yes please...one problem though: How would they stop it being overpowered?