PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed IV Black Flag....I hope....

SamBushen24
06-15-2013, 07:30 PM
I know it's only small details, but it's the small details in game that make me go "wow that's cool", but I hope that BlackBeard is about at all times, like I hope you can see where he and Queen Anne's Revenge is on the map. What I mean is, I don't want to be the only pirate ship sailing around, I want to be able to see where like Blackbeard is, is he in Nassau, or he is sailing around just off the coast of Havanna, can we sail along together and we help him destroy other ships or other pirate ships. I don't want it to be just the British and Spanish that we can see sailing around and I hope Blackbeard isn't only just there for scripted events. Be cool to see him and others doing there own daily thing.
Like I said its a small detail but stuff like that impresses me.

Shahkulu101
06-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Well, Blackbeard is you're right hand man, he's with you for a large majority of the game, I presume. He also stands beside you at the helm like Robert Faulkner, If the E3 demo is something to go by(considering this is an Assassin's Creed demo it is not an entirely credibe source).

However I'm not sure they would implement a tracking system for Blackbeard, he'll either be at you're ship or the pirate's hideout in Nassau, I think.

SamBushen24
06-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Yeh I know what you mean. I read that there was a big black guy, (seen in most of the trailers) is with you like Faulkner was for AC3. Wouldn't make sense for Blackbeard to be there will you all the time like Faulkner was. I think that was just for that certain mission. Yeh I know it does seem quite far fetched what I'm asking, just thought it would cool to see other pirates going at like Blackbeard and others.

pacmanate
06-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Well, Blackbeard is you're right hand man, he's with you for a large majority of the game, I presume. He also stands beside you at the helm like Robert Faulkner, If the E3 demo is something to go by(considering this is an Assassin's Creed demo it is not an entirely credibe source).

However I'm not sure they would implement a tracking system for Blackbeard, he'll either be at you're ship or the pirate's hideout in Nassau, I think.

in 1712 Edward becomes a pirate. 1718 is when Blackbeard and Benjamin Hornigold (who mentored Blackbeard) died in 1719 or around then. I think Blackbeard will die quiet early in the game.

Shahkulu101
06-15-2013, 08:11 PM
in 1712 Edward becomes a pirate. 1718 is when Blackbeard and Benjamin Hornigold (who mentored Blackbeard) died in 1719 or around then. I think Blackbeard will die quiet early in the game.

Well, the game only spans ten or so years of Edwards life, so maybe a little longer than that. I honestly think we kill Blackbeard, think about it. It would show how Edward has turned full circle and shows his true alliegance to the Assassin's by killing his best friend, making a compromise .

pacmanate
06-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Well, the game only spans ten or so years of Edwards life, so maybe a little longer than that. I honestly think we kill Blackbeard, think about it. It would show how Edward has turned full circle and shows his true alliegance to the Assassin's by killing his best friend, making a compromise .

I think Hornigold kills Blackbeard then Edward kills Hornigold a year later. Hornigold was a pirate, founded Nassau and mentored Blackbeard, however he became a pirate hunter after the British told him they would wipe his slate clean if he killed all his former comrades.

Wolfmeister1010
06-15-2013, 08:48 PM
I know it's only small details, but it's the small details in game that make me go "wow that's cool", but I hope that BlackBeard is about at all times, like I hope you can see where he and Queen Anne's Revenge is on the map. What I mean is, I don't want to be the only pirate ship sailing around, I want to be able to see where like Blackbeard is, is he in Nassau, or he is sailing around just off the coast of Havanna, can we sail along together and we help him destroy other ships or other pirate ships. I don't want it to be just the British and Spanish that we can see sailing around and I hope Blackbeard isn't only just there for scripted events. Be cool to see him and others doing there own daily thing.

I made a thread literally about how all the little details are important a while ago but I'll give you a break cause you're new here ;). I agree with you 100 percent. If AC4 delivers all it claims, and keeps the little details intact like you say, then it could be one of the best games this year. I don't think any game will beat the last of us, because it is amazing AND original, but it could definitely beat bio shock infinite, watch dogs, batman arkham origins, and even GTA 5. I doubt that we will be able to just see the Queen Anne revenge just sailing around, but. I am positive that there is a set place on the map where you can meet him

Wolfmeister1010
06-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Yeh I know what you mean. I read that there was a big black guy, (seen in most of the trailers) is with you like Faulkner was for AC3. Wouldn't make sense for Blackbeard to be there will you all the time like Faulkner was. I think that was just for that certain mission. Yeh I know it does seem quite far fetched what I'm asking, just thought it would cool to see other pirates going at like Blackbeard and others.

Yeah his name is adewale and it has been confirmed that he is your right hand man always. He points out places or events of interest while sailing and is your first mate just like Faulkner

Ureh
06-15-2013, 11:34 PM

Does that mean I can sink his ship when I see him? or will it be impervious to any attack?

I agree, it's the the little things that stand out if/when we stop freerunning, take a breath, and admire the locales.

roostersrule2
06-16-2013, 12:06 AM
I think Hornigold kills Blackbeard then Edward kills Hornigold a year later. Hornigold was a pirate, founded Nassau and mentored Blackbeard, however he became a pirate hunter after the British told him they would wipe his slate clean if he killed all his former comrades.That would make Edward, Edgar Ross and Hornigold (hehe) pirate John Marston.

SamBushen24
06-16-2013, 10:11 AM
I made a thread literally about how all the little details are important a while ago but I'll give you a break cause you're new here ;). I agree with you 100 percent. If AC4 delivers all it claims, and keeps the little details intact like you say, then it could be one of the best games this year. I don't think any game will beat the last of us, because it is amazing AND original, but it could definitely beat bio shock infinite, watch dogs, batman arkham origins, and even GTA 5. I doubt that we will be able to just see the Queen Anne revenge just sailing around, but. I am positive that there is a set place on the map where you can meet him

Yeh I know what you mean! I'm actually looking forward to this game more than GTA V and that's saying something. It's the the little things in games that impress me. The stuff that actually makes it feel real, to point where you end up role playing because all the little bits add up together properly. I also hope you can actually go below deck on The Jackdaw and not just have a door that doesn't open even though its your ship. I hope you can go into the captains quarters and see all of Kenways costumes all hanging around, and then when you go deeper into the ship there are hammocks everywhere for the crew. Its those small little details to me, that make a really impressive game.

WalSwJan
06-16-2013, 10:33 AM
I think Hornigold kills Blackbeard then Edward kills Hornigold a year later. Hornigold was a pirate, founded Nassau and mentored Blackbeard, however he became a pirate hunter after the British told him they would wipe his slate clean if he killed all his former comrades.
Uhm Blackbeard was killed by Robert Maynard.

pacmanate
06-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Uhm Blackbeard was killed by Robert Maynard.

And there goes my theory. But I think Horniman will still be relevant

Wolfmeister1010
06-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeh I know what you mean! I'm actually looking forward to this game more than GTA V and that's saying something. It's the the little things in games that impress me. The stuff that actually makes it feel real, to point where you end up role playing because all the little bits add up together properly. I also hope you can actually go below deck on The Jackdaw and not just have a door that doesn't open even though its your ship. I hope you can go into the captains quarters and see all of Kenways costumes all hanging around, and then when you go deeper into the ship there are hammocks everywhere for the crew. Its those small little details to me, that make a really impressive game.

Ismail was asked in an interview if you can go below deck. It has been confirmed by him that you can enter your captains cabin whenever you want, which holds some of your gear and stuff, as well as "comfort" tools, and. Place where you can monitor trading, crafting, and jackdaw customization.

However, he did not say anything about actually going DOWN below the deck.i don't think it will be included. However, you do have a pirate hideout HQ that you can also customize

SamBushen24
06-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Ismail was asked in an interview if you can go below deck. It has been confirmed by him that you can enter your captains cabin whenever you want, which holds some of your gear and stuff, as well as "comfort" tools, and. Place where you can monitor trading, crafting, and jackdaw customization.

However, he did not say anything about actually going DOWN below the deck.i don't think it will be included. However, you do have a pirate hideout HQ that you can also customize

Yeh i saw that interview with Loomer i think it is, literally like 10 minutes after i posted that comment and i was like oh well thats that question answered.
Yeh ive heard about this pirate HQ, another thing making this game sound better and better.

MasterAssasin84
06-16-2013, 09:17 PM

If my memory serves me correctly he was decapitated in 1718 ..... SPOILER Benjamin hornigold become a pirate hunter ! which could possibly one other converts to the Templar cause

Assassin_M
06-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Seeing as Achilles was always seen doing something in the Homestead, maybe it`ll be the same for BB