View Full Version : AC2 playing offline

SamLegodi2013
06-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Hello,

How does one play AC2 offline?

Thanks in advance

bolz87
06-15-2013, 12:58 PM
You must enable offline mode in uplay in order to play your games offline! Search in settings :)

Lignjoslav
06-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Someone correct me, but I think that AC2 DRM has eventually been changed from "Always On" to "On Every Time You Wish To Play". The difference is that your game won't freeze if you lose connection during play, but you still need to be online every time you start the game.

Anykeyer
06-17-2013, 08:47 AM
No, they changed it again long ago. Now AC2 runs if you ever logged in on this PC with your Uplay account with AC2 cdkey bound to it. After that you can enable permanent offline mode in Uplay.

YazX_
06-17-2013, 09:52 AM
You must enable offline mode in uplay in order to play your games offline! Search in settings :)

either ways, if no connection is available, UPlay will prompt you to "Go Offline" mode. but if you want it to be the default option, then do what bolz said.

Martdonk
01-22-2014, 03:53 PM
Exactly where in the settings is this offline enable option? And which settings are we exactly talking about.

ROFLBOT
01-22-2014, 08:44 PM
As far as I can remember the DRM has changed since first AC2 was released. If you have problems with your internet connection just go onto Uplay and "Go Offline". From there you should be able to play your game onward.

YazX_
01-22-2014, 11:39 PM
Exactly where in the settings is this offline enable option? And which settings are we exactly talking about.

UPlay settings, when you log into UPlay, click on -kinda- wheel button next to minimize button at the top right corner , then select settings, UPlay options will show, in Network Tab, check the option that reads "always Start Uplay in offline mode"

Martdonk
01-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Thanks Yaz, but I don't see any " -kinda- wheel button next to minimize button etc," where I log in. I'm new to this joint. I'm trying to get Trials Evolution to run which I purchased on DVD. I can get into my account settings, but don't see any offline option. I have sent and email to support, but from what I have seen here so far, asking at the forum is a much better option. So please stay with me :cool:

MustaviSadi
10-04-2015, 11:28 PM
At first the game was updated to require an internet connection everytime the game was launched. After that if the internet connection went down, it would still play.

Now that Uplay and Steam are here, by September 2012, any Ubi game, including Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood, that required an internet connection everytime for the game to be launched was patched so that the game would start if you logged in to Ubisoft Game Launcher or Uplay. You can log in offline, (provided you logged in online when you first installed Uplay and created a new account and logged in online for the first time) and still play the game offline without any issues.

YazX_
10-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Please don't revive old thread and repeat the same lines from previous posts.

Closed.