PDA

View Full Version : Armor in Assassin's Creed IV

chrisrules5
06-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know if we will be able to use armor again in Assassin's Creed IV?

AidenPixxel
06-13-2013, 08:17 PM
I think it will work like in AC1.You won't be able to buy armor but your health bar will be increasing as the game continues

MasterAssasin84
06-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Quite frankly i though the armour in most Assassin Creed games totally ruined the look of the protagonist AC Brotherhood in particular and Ishak Pasha's also ruined Ezio's appearance in Revelations, i highly doubt that armour will be present in AC4 which is relief if thats the case because think about not many pirates actually used armour .

The development team have stated that AC4 is going back to the AC1 formulae .

Jexx21
06-13-2013, 08:30 PM
uh.. highly doubt they're going back to the AC1 formula.

They're just trying to implement the best features from all games.

MasterAssasin84
06-13-2013, 09:09 PM
uh.. highly doubt they're going back to the AC1 formula.

They're just trying to implement the best features from all games.

Numerous interview with developers have said they going back to the AC1 style .

ScotchTuxedo
06-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Could you send a link to where they say that?

Spider_Sith9
06-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Numerous interview with developers have said they going back to the AC1 style .

Tell me that involves the mission structure! Because the AC4 stage demo looked very scripted.

Bashilir
06-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Tell me that involves the mission structure!

That involves mission structure.

AherasSTRG
06-13-2013, 10:39 PM
That involves mission structure.
Only as far as the assassination missions are concerned. That's what the guy at the interview for GamesMaster UK April issue had said.

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I heard that armor is coming back, but I've been watching so many interviews (for many different games) over the last few days I may have gotten something mixed up. Don't quote me on that.

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Only as far as the assassination missions are concerned. That's what the guy at the interview for GamesMaster UK April issue had said.

Which is good, because the assassinations were the only good missions in AC1. It just so happens that they were also the best missions of the series.

monster_rambo
06-13-2013, 11:27 PM
They did talk about upgrading armor and weapons during interviews. Best to double check on that.

chrisrules5
06-13-2013, 11:31 PM
They did talk about upgrading armor and weapons during interviews. Best to double check on that.

May you please send me the link of the interview where they talked about this?

monster_rambo
06-13-2013, 11:35 PM
May you please send me the link of the interview where they talked about this?

I think they were talking about it during the Frontier preview/walkthrough. Search On AC Chile on youtube. It has a video on that. And search the interview from e3expo.com, it probably has something on that.

chrisrules5
06-13-2013, 11:38 PM
I think they were talking about it during the Frontier preview/walkthrough. Search On AC Chile on youtube. It has a video on that. And search the interview from e3expo.com, it probably has something on that.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it

Spider_Sith9
06-14-2013, 12:10 AM
That involves mission structure. Yes!

Only as far as the assassination missions are concerned. That's what the guy at the interview for GamesMaster UK April issue had said. Yes!

Which is good, because the assassinations were the only good missions in AC1. It just so happens that they were also the best missions of the series.

Oh no! So does that mean we will follow the errand boy GTA structure? Man! If that's true, maybe they have given up the investigations. It's odd because they brought back the large hub with AC3 with the Frontier as well as Eavesdropping and I refuse to believe investigating can't be done. Because all I've seen is that the E3 demo was scripted and I don't want another AC2 clone leaving AC1 in it's shadow.

Dunno how do I feel about this. It was a welcome change due to AC1's repetition but it also made it easier. Why would they bring armor back and not just change costumes and dyes?

ArabianFrost
06-14-2013, 12:42 AM
They mentioned armour is back in the Gamespot interview

ArabianFrost
06-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Please tell me non-linearity is prevalent throughout 90% of the game. If they just have actual non-linearity or stealth for a few assassination missions, then defeats the whole point of freedom they have been boasting at EVERY DAMN INTERVIEW. I swear to God, if at least 90% of the missions aren't non-linear or stealth, I 'll go rip down Ubisoft to damn pieces.

Jexx21
06-14-2013, 01:30 AM
you guys get way too upset about games.

Calm down.

Bashilir
06-14-2013, 02:31 AM
I don't even know why I go on here anymore. There's so much negativity towards Ubisoft..

LoyalACFan
06-14-2013, 04:48 AM
I don't even know why I go on here anymore. There's so much negativity towards Ubisoft..

You kind of have to be annoyingly persistent to get your opinion heard when you're one person in a fanbase of millions.

I agree though, a lot of people are becoming excessively nasty, which is uncalled for.

montagemik
06-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Armour is back in AC-4 = 'Leather Armour' , it's all over the game box art . ;) (& Captain Drakes outfit)

Or did everyone forget Ezio had leather armour pieces too - Leather can be toughened for protection against swords & Leather makes more sense for a Sailor/ Pirate.
(could even have metal plating within the leather i suppose)
And as we have Edward's 'standard White outfit & Haytham's Blue colour scheme - it's highly likely we'll have other outfit Dyes too.

AidenPixxel
06-14-2013, 01:26 PM
There is no armor.The health bar increases like it did in AC1
http://s1.postimg.org/53fxiw49a/Assassins_Creed_4_Black_Flag_Frontier_Gameplay.jpg
http://s9.postimg.org/t84tz2pan/Assassins_Creed_4_Black_Flag_Havana_Demo_Foota.jpg

x___Luffy___x
06-14-2013, 01:37 PM
i really hope that they dont force us to wear armor. it was already ridiculous in brotherhood and revelations.

edward is looking good the way it is now with this leather over the upper body. and armor on a pirate would be stupid.

LoyalACFan
06-14-2013, 09:29 PM
There is no armor.The health bar increases like it did in AC1
http://s1.postimg.org/53fxiw49a/Assassins_Creed_4_Black_Flag_Frontier_Gameplay.jpg
http://s9.postimg.org/t84tz2pan/Assassins_Creed_4_Black_Flag_Havana_Demo_Foota.jpg

Just because it looks like the AC1 health bar doesn't mean there won't be armor. All armor ever did was add more squares to the health bar, and for all we know that could be exactly what happens in AC4.

SixKeys
06-14-2013, 09:36 PM
So has it been confirmed that the health bar really works like in AC1? At last year's E3 we saw several videos and pre-production images that showed AC1- and AC2-type health bars for Connor, but in the final game it ended up being completely different. It just puzzles me why they would change the health bar for one game, then switch it back for the next. I never saw anyone complaining about the AC3 health bar.

AC2_alex
06-14-2013, 09:38 PM
i really hope that they dont force us to wear armor. it was already ridiculous in brotherhood and revelations.

edward is looking good the way it is now with this leather over the upper body. and armor on a pirate would be stupid.

Perhaps they are aware of this. Perhaps the extent of armor are just the leather pieces. I agree, though. Armor on a pirate doesn't make sense.

AidenPixxel
06-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Just because it looks like the AC1 health bar doesn't mean there won't be armor. All armor ever did was add more squares to the health bar, and for all we know that could be exactly what happens in AC4.

It's not the health bar that I only wanted to show but that in the 2nd pic Edward has more health squares and he is not wearing some heavy armor

montagemik
06-15-2013, 01:43 AM
It's not the health bar that I only wanted to show but that in the 2nd pic Edward has more health squares and he is not wearing some heavy armor

What 2nd pic ? - I only see 1 picture.

& BTW , this isn't final game footage - So demo footage & screenshots mean jack squat to be honest. (ignoring the fact there may be some kind of armour repair feature again)
But from the thickness of the leather portions of edwards outfits - I Doubt they're just a fashion statement.

monster_rambo
06-15-2013, 03:41 AM
Adding an armor is totally unnecessary. If they want the game and the combat challenging. Take out armor. They address the problem in ACIII and the combat was still too easy. What makes them think that adding armor will add anything to the game.

Escappa
06-15-2013, 04:04 AM
Adding an armor is totally unnecessary. If they want the game and the combat challenging. Take out armor. They address the problem in ACIII and the combat was still too easy. What makes them think that adding armor will add anything to the game.

Yeah you're right, the only reason I can think of for putting armor in there would be if they made the combat system 5 times harder, which would be awesome but probably not will happen :(

LoyalACFan
06-16-2013, 01:20 AM
So has it been confirmed that the health bar really works like in AC1? At last year's E3 we saw several videos and pre-production images that showed AC1- and AC2-type health bars for Connor, but in the final game it ended up being completely different. It just puzzles me why they would change the health bar for one game, then switch it back for the next. I never saw anyone complaining about the AC3 health bar.

It's probably just a design choice since we're back in an Abstergo Animus. Same Animus as AC1 = same (or similar) HUD.