PDA

View Full Version : "We will get to see what happens to Desmond after the events of AC3"

xryanx28
06-13-2013, 04:18 AM
So Ashraf Ismail said alot of interesting things about the modern day story. First he said that the modern day story will be in first person. I dont know if he is saying the the actual gameplay is first person or hes trying to say we arnt any specific character so thats interesting. He also said the modern day Abstergo Entertainment you are working in is explorable and open world with lots of videos and audio files and we also get to see what happens to Desmond after ac3. Thats very weird. What could they show? A burial scene? Whats your thoughts? And also why does Ashraf pronounce HAYthams name Hitham, It annoys me so much -_-. Heres the interview. Modern day talk starts at 8:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdol453an_A

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 04:30 AM
Adam`s stutter :|

Swhy does Ashraf pronounce HAYthams name Hitham, It annoys me so much -_-.
He doesn't say it like that, but he`s over-emphasizing the pronunciation, because it`s an Arabic name and he`s an Arab, he knows how to pronounce it correctly, but tries to find the western alternative to the pronunciation of the name...each time he says the name, he pronounces it differently

xryanx28
06-13-2013, 04:33 AM
Adam`s stutter :|

adams stutter is really bad lmao

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2013, 04:38 AM
Wow that's pretty cool how modern day is also open world. I don't expect it to be a large world, and I definitely don't expect any freerunning ability. But it will be cool to run around abstergo and interact with other employees.

I am almost completely sure that Alan Rikkin will be the new modern day antagonist. He is the CEO of abstergo, and we only saw him in person in AC1. Since Vidic is dead, he is the only logical option.

As for the voicemails and stuff, I am totally hyped. I loved the video and voice stuff from the truth puzzles in brotherhood. Maybe these vid docs that you find around abstergo will be corrupted files by Erudito that act as truth puzzles.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 04:40 AM
Wow that's pretty cool how modern day is also open world. I don't expect it to be a large world, and I definitely don't expect any freerunning ability. But it will be cool to run around abstergo and interact with other employees.

I am almost completely sure that Alan Rikkin will be the new modern day antagonist. He is the CEO of abstergo, and we only saw him in person in AC1. Since Vidic is dead, he is the only logical option.

As for the voicemails and stuff, I am totally hyped. I loved the video and voice stuff from the truth puzzles in brotherhood. Maybe these vid docs that you find around abstergo will be corrupted files by Erudito that act as truth puzzles.
and hacking...I WANT HACKING

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2013, 04:47 AM
Cool and all, but if turns out Desmond makes an appearance in the story and you know who does not...

:mad:

monster_rambo
06-13-2013, 05:00 AM
Some several take home messages:

1) POV/ First person view
2) open world
-not a city but probably a HUB where you explore around Abstergo
3)videos and audio files
-don't know how this plays out
-proabably some emails and stuff
-possibly puzzles

edit: basically not real gameplay. just probably modern day narrative where you have some interactions
-alot of soft ball questions in this video

-so basically he said going off the ship and exploring on beach or sand bank is seamless
-nothing was said whether underwater is an open world even though is shown many times in trailers
-nothing was said if everything in the world is explorable and not just exclusive to missions

AC2_alex
06-13-2013, 05:00 AM
adams stutter is really bad lmao

awwwwwww no! I like Adam :/

pacmanate
06-13-2013, 08:47 AM
By "we get to see what happens to desmond", I have a feeling I know what it is.

My theory, Subject 16 was Desmond's glowy arm, thats why he snapped at Rebecca once in AC3 when she called Clay Subject 16 and Desmond says "His name is Clay". Anyway, when he touches the orb, Subject 16 dies, hence "I'm saving you idiot" and Desmond is in a coma. I have a feeling we will see Desmond strapped to an animus permanently which is how his Memories got loaded into the cloud.

And I know you guys will keep saying Desmond is dead, but I still don't by it. Just makes Desmonds glowy arm pointless.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 08:49 AM

My theory, Subject 16 was Desmond's glowy arm, thats why he snapped at Rebecca once in AC3 when she called Clay Subject 16 and Desmond says "His name is Clay". Anyway, when he touches the orb, Subject 16 dies, hence "I'm saving you idiot" and Desmond is in a coma. I have a feeling we will see Desmond strapped to an animus permanently which is how his Memories got loaded into the cloud.
And I know you guys will keep saying Desmond is dead, but I still don't by it. Just makes Desmonds glowy arm pointless.
It can be NOT pointless...Just doesn't have to mean Desmond is alive

pacmanate
06-13-2013, 09:05 AM
It can be NOT pointless...Just doesn't have to mean Desmond is alive

How can it not be pointless? And I don't think he is alive... just in this massive coma he will never get out of. His body, it's worm food.

TheOnlyEzio
06-13-2013, 10:40 AM
This sounds really cool. I like this guy, I like him alot.

Spider_Sith9
06-13-2013, 12:16 PM
"So you play in first person in Abstergo Entertainment..."

Modern Day = Ruined

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UQNILpdDQnA/UQ2uvDxeBkI/AAAAAAAAB_4/0Fd-VgrbJog/s1600/Haytham+Kenway+Facepalm+Connor+AC3.jpg

ze_topazio
06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
I hate first person cameras.

Legendz54
06-13-2013, 01:25 PM
I keep thinking TLA TLA TLA TLA its driving me nuts.

TheOnlyEzio
06-13-2013, 02:04 PM
I think everyone needs to chill out about it aha, it's not going to be like TLA or desmonds journey where we walk around listening to some guy talking about his life. We are just random dudes doing the research for abstergo, i think the coolest bit will be investigating abstergo to find all those mysteries... plus, if any of you guys are in acinitiates, you would have noticed that the modern day plot is still going and it's getting pretty interesting with will shaun and that lot

Spider_Sith9
06-13-2013, 03:10 PM
I think everyone needs to chill out about it aha, it's not going to be like TLA or desmonds journey where we walk around listening to some guy talking about his life. We are just random dudes doing the research for abstergo, i think the coolest bit will be investigating abstergo to find all those mysteries... plus, if any of you guys are in acinitiates, you would have noticed that the modern day plot is still going and it's getting pretty interesting with will shaun and that lot

I don't want the Modern Day to be Expanded Lore. Plus they said it's gonna be like AC2 where you can't get out whenever you want. Worse is that you are a disembodied body just like TLA, I hope that's not the case.

I wanted to be "create a character meets hubs" so you can head into certain areas of the city as well as home and Abstergo Entertainment kinda like Persona or Mass Effect.

MasterAssasin84
06-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Well going by this image

http://i.neoseeker.com/n/0/acinitiatesstuff_thumb.jpg (http://img.neoseeker.com/v_image.php?type=news&articleid=22090&image=1)

I would very much love to see if Black Flag will offer some explaination as to what happened to Desmond after that fatal encounter with Juno ! i would very much like to know what they done with Desmonds body ?

I think ubi made the right call making you the abstergo employee as i feel this concept opens up more doors in terms story progression.

projectpat06
06-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Cool and all, but if turns out Desmond makes an appearance in the story and you know who does not...

:mad:

Voldemort?

tinrisky
06-13-2013, 04:45 PM
We'll see Desmond obviously. There will be a "Previously on Assassin's Creed" when you start the game.

poptartz20
06-13-2013, 04:57 PM
I think the concept of this is very interesting.. AC4 is shaping up to be something that shouldn't be counted out just yet. Also, I'm not a fan of FPC but I do see why they did it. If I'm Indian why do I see a white person projecting what's is suppose to be me on the screen working for abstergo. Not that people would mind but it's just like one of those we care touches. Then again I don't know if they will show arms.

twenty_glyphs
06-13-2013, 05:27 PM

I hate to say it, but the most likely option at this point is that Desmond's glowing arm was pointless. AC3 made many other plot points like this that looked important pointless. So the likely answer is that Desmond's glowing arm is just another example of something cool that looked like an important story point that the writers never had any intention of fleshing out.

At this point I think it's safe to assume that the most straightforward answer is probably the correct one in this series. When Subject 16 said he was saving Desmond, he likely meant he was saving him at that moment from being erased as Animus Island was conveniently being deleted.

The most likely thing that happened to Desmond is that his consciousness is still alive similar to Subject 16's inside of the Animus, Abstergo's computers, the "Cloud", or whatever. Maybe he'll finally have a clue what's going on, and can tell us in a way that doesn't involve important-sounding cryptic riddles that ultimately say nothing.

If the writers can elaborate on details like Desmond's glowing arm and give them explanations that fit the canon, more power to them. But it's pretty obvious not a lot of thought has gone into these details. It seems a lot of cool things were thrown into the games to make things feel important, but they were never really meant as clues about the story.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-13-2013, 05:33 PM
All of this stuff was said months and months ago... -_-

Mr_Stunner
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Would be a cool twist if at the end of modern day story after all that first person interaction, na employee refers you as Desmond

xryanx28
06-13-2013, 06:49 PM
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]Well going by this image

http://i.neoseeker.com/n/0/acinitiatesstuff_thumb.jpg (http://img.neoseeker.com/v_image.php?type=news&articleid=22090&image=1)

where did you get this picture from?

SixKeys
06-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Would be a cool twist if at the end of modern day story after all that first person interaction, na employee refers you as Desmond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

roostersrule2
06-14-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm like 90% sure the glowing arm is what made Desmond's touch on the orb thing work.

Assassin_M
06-14-2013, 12:06 AM
where did you get this picture from?
AC initiates