PDA

View Full Version : Would you mind an AC game where not every major target was Templar-affiliated?

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Yes, we know the Assassins have been fighting their attempts to seize control behind the scenes for centuries, but it would be kind of silly if they painted every single tyrant in history as a Templar. Would you be OK with an AC game where your principal target is associated with neither group, and you may even align with the Templar order to take him down?

Megas_Doux
06-12-2013, 11:32 PM
I would not mind!

As long that character is well written...I am looking at you, creators of Cesare Borgia :@

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Yes, we know the Assassins have been fighting their attempts to seize control behind the scenes for centuries, but it would be kind of silly if they painted every single tyrant in history as a Templar. Would you be OK with an AC game where your principal target is associated with neither group, and you may even align with the Templar order to take him down?

Isn't that what happened with the first two targets in AC3? (The ones killed by Haytham.)

Escappa
06-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Wouldn't mind someone who isn't templar, but it would feel weird if we worked with templars to take him out, who would be more powerful than the worlds most powerful organisations...the man who says Hitler is dead to me... ;)

TheHumanTowel
06-12-2013, 11:37 PM
I'd be perfectly fine with it. Does Savonarola not fit that build as well?

Megas_Doux
06-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Isn't that what happened with the first two targets in AC3? (The ones killed by Haytham.)

Braddock was a former templar in pursuing of his own agenda, pretty much like Benjamin Church! Silas was neither a templar nor an Assassin though.

Savonarola was not a templar, by the way...

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Braddock was a former templar in pursuing of his own agenda, pretty much like Benjamin Church! Silas was neither a templar nor an Assassin though.

I forget the names of the targets in AC3, I only remember the missions. :p Who was the guy at the opera, who was the Bulldog and who was the guy torturing the doctor? Were any of them assassins?

Rugterwyper32
06-12-2013, 11:40 PM
I'd be perfectly fine with it. Does Savonarola not fit that build as well?

Savonarola and his men, and the guy from The Da Vinci Disappearance (don't remember who he was)
In fact, both of them also fit factions that both Assassins and Templars would oppose for different reasons. With all the talk that was in AC3 about how both factions would be more powerful united rather than as enemies, I'd like to see something that makes them join forces against a common enemy even if they went back to war right after

Megas_Doux
06-12-2013, 11:43 PM
I forget the names of the targets in AC3, I only remember the missions. :p Who was the guy at the opera, who was the Bulldog and who was the guy torturing the doctor? Were any of them assassins?

The guy at the opera was indeed an assassin, the other two you mention, were not.

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:43 PM

Who? Silas? Meh... I don't really consider him a real assassination target, he was just some small-time ******ball he took down out of necessity. There was no ideological reason for it.

I don't know who the other one you're talking about is though. Miko and Mills were Assassins, and Braddock was a Templar (albeit a rogue one).

Escappa
06-12-2013, 11:44 PM

I get your point, but I think that, in the AC-universe, all tyrants in history wasn't templars, it's the other way around, all templars became successful tyrants...if you understand what I mean? :p

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Well...Savonarola, his 9 lieutenants, Majd Addin, Benjamin Church, Silas Thatcher....It wouldn't be the first time it happens..heck I wouldn't count Cesare and Rodrigo as Templars, or their story arch as part of the Assassin-Templar war, just a ****ty family feud...

Megas_Doux
06-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Genghis Khan was not a templar also.

SaintPerkele
06-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Well...Savonarola, his 9 lieutenants, Majd Addin, Benjamin Church, Silas Thatcher....It wouldn't be the first time it happens..heck I wouldn't count Cesare and Rodrigo as Templars, or their story arch as part of the Assassin-Templar war, just a ****ty family feud...
Yep. Actually, none of the assassination targets in ACB was a real 'Templar' - if any at all, it was Rodrigo.
Most of them were just friends and servants of Cesare, Cesare was just a child in a man's body who didn't even mention the Templar order once and instead only talked about his family. And the Hermeticists were obviously not Templars either. Speaking of which, they weren't mentioned yet, but are the best example for how well this can work - I loved them in ACB.

Assassin_M
06-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Yep. Actually, none of the assassination targets in ACB was a real 'Templar' - if any at all, it was Rodrigo.
Most of them were just friends and servants of Cesare, Cesare was just a child in a man's body who didn't even mention the Templar order once and instead only talked about his family. And the Hermeticists were obviously not Templars either. Speaking of which, they weren't mentioned yet, but are the best example for how well this can work - I loved them in ACB.
Yeah, the Hermetic order was actually more "Templar" than the Templars of ACB themselves...

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:59 PM
I think the purpose of the thread has been misconstrued, or maybe I just wasn't clear...

I know we've periodically had non-Templar targets, but they've never been major players. Savonarola came the closest, but much as I loved the Bonfire of the Vanities, he wasn't really a fleshed-out character. Just some religious fanatic who had his lucky day when he stumbled across Ezio lying half-dead with the Apple of Eden. I'm talking about a strong character with his own ideology rather than a madman or two-bit criminal. An independent player with independent support, who is strong enough to pose a challenge to both the Assassin and Templar orders. Maybe even a third party (Freemasons?) with their own worldview in direct competition with the two other secret societies of AC. The Assassins and Templars could either compete in a three-way battle with this new contender, or form an alliance of necessity to get rid of him/them.

Rugterwyper32
06-13-2013, 12:01 AM
I think the purpose of the thread has been misconstrued, or maybe I just wasn't clear...

I know we've periodically had non-Templar targets, but they've never been major players. Savonarola came the closest, but much as I loved the Bonfire of the Vanities, he wasn't really a fleshed-out character. Just some religious fanatic who had his lucky day when he stumbled across Ezio lying half-dead with the Apple of Eden. I'm talking about a strong character with his own ideology rather than a madman or two-bit criminal. An independent player with independent support, who is strong enough to pose a challenge to both the Assassin and Templar orders. Maybe even a third party (Freemasons?) with their own worldview in direct competition with the two other secret societies of AC. The Assassins and Templars could either compete in a three-way battle with this new contender, or form an alliance of necessity to get rid of him/them.

Pretty much what I was proposing on my post in the previous page. I'd really like an independent enemy on its own who is a big risk enough for both Assassins and Templars and forces them to make a temporary alliance. Honestly, that could make for a really interesting game.

dxsxhxcx
06-13-2013, 12:01 AM
Yes, we know the Assassins have been fighting their attempts to seize control behind the scenes for centuries, but it would be kind of silly if they painted every single tyrant in history as a Templar.

how can this be more silly than every single Assassin we played until now having someone from his family connected in a way with the Assassins/Templars? Edward might be the first ancestor we control whose family (at least parents, grandparents) might not have any sort of connection with the Templars/Assassins...

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 12:03 AM

I`d be fine with that....The Hermetic order was awesome

silvermercy
06-13-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm fine with it, too. We need more variety in our bad guys! lol It's not just the Templars that want to rule the world somehow, are they?
So many secret (and more sinister societies) existed over the centuries... ;)

Here's list: http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-secret-societies.php Hashasins are number 7. lol

SixKeys
06-13-2013, 12:09 AM
In ACR we had the traitor assassin who was a multiplayer character. I thought his backstory was interesting and would definitely like to see a major target like that, an ex-assassin who lost their faith in the order for understandable reasons, not pure greed. In Project Legacy and the Nikolai comics there were more grey areas between assassins. There was the guy who slept with Lucrezia and fought off his former brothers to protect the child, and Nikolai was killed by his assassin brothers in the end (I forget why though).

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 12:13 AM
In ACR we had the traitor assassin who was a multiplayer character. I thought his backstory was interesting and would definitely like to see a major target like that, an ex-assassin who lost their faith in the order for understandable reasons, not pure greed. In Project Legacy and the Nikolai comics there were more grey areas between assassins. There was the guy who slept with Lucrezia and fought off his former brothers to protect the child, and Nikolai was killed by his assassin brothers in the end (I forget why though).
They were FBI, the FBI hunted down russians and deported them, his wife was caught in one of the raids and he thought she was dead...these Assassins came back for Nikolai to take the Shard from him

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 12:18 AM
how can this be more silly than every single Assassin we played until now having someone from his family connected in a way with the Assassins/Templars? Edward might be the first ancestor we control whose family (at least parents, grandparents) might not have any sort of connection with the Templars/Assassins...

I don't understand... Shaun said plainly in AC2 that most Assassins were born into the Order. Wouldn't it make sense then, that most Assassins we've played as have had family ties to the Assassins? I don't get why that's silly.

Ureh
06-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Tarik, from ACR, was a non-templar target. But that was sort of a mistake. :(

Actually his son killed him.

They were FBI, the FBI hunted down russians and deported them, his wife was caught in one of the raids and he thought she was dead...these Assassins came back for Nikolai to take the Shard from him

I don't think they revealed what happened to the shard? Maybe I missed it...

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 12:47 AM
I don't think they revealed what happened to the shard? Maybe I missed it...
It was somehow passed on to Innokenti`s sister, Nadya...perhaps Innokenti ended up finding his Mother and sister after all and passed it on to Nadya...

dxsxhxcx
06-13-2013, 12:48 AM
I don't understand... Shaun said plainly in AC2 that most Assassins were born into the Order. Wouldn't it make sense then, that most Assassins we've played as have had family ties to the Assassins? I don't get why that's silly.

I just think this kind of thing is too convenient, at least the Templars have a good reason to be at places of power...

Ureh
06-13-2013, 12:57 AM
It was somehow passed on to Innokenti`s sister, Nadya...perhaps Innokenti ended up finding his Mother and sister after all and passed it on to Nadya...

Was this described in the comic or elsewhere?

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Was this described in the comic or elsewhere?
The Chain comic yeah...Nadya was shown to have the Shard in her hand near the end of the comic...how she got it, though, that was just my speculation..

Ureh
06-13-2013, 01:15 AM
The Chain comic yeah...Nadya was shown to have the Shard in her hand near the end of the comic...how she got it, though, that was just my speculation..

Thanks. :)

Maybe Nikolai gave it to her (before they were separated).

SixKeys
06-13-2013, 01:18 AM

Technically yes, but only because Nikolai begged him. Otherwise the assassins would have gotten to him first.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Thanks. :)

Maybe Nikolai gave it to her (before they were separated).
don`t think so, the Assassins already had Nadya and Illyna, they probably came for Nikolai because they didn't find the shard with his wife and daughter..

Ureh
06-13-2013, 01:24 AM
don`t think so, the Assassins already had Nadya and Illyna, they probably came for Nikolai because they didn't find the shard with his wife and daughter..

Maybe she used its powers to mask it from their eyes. Or something along those lines...

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Maybe she used its powers to mask it from their eyes. Or something along those lines...
Maybe, although it is a bit of a stretch..since this is the Assassins we`re talking about here and they most likely know of the shard`s power

Ureh
06-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Vidic knew about the Apple's power too... why did he let Desmond march into Abstergo like a boss? See?!

They'd never suspect Nadya, they think she's worthless. :(

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 01:33 AM
Vidic knew about the Apple's power too... why did he let Desmond march into Abstergo like a boss? See?!

They'd never suspect Nadya, they think she's worthless. :(
Vidic is a special case of stupid.... :|

Ureh
06-13-2013, 01:43 AM
Oh, ok. We'll go with your idea then. :|

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 01:49 AM
Oh, ok. We'll go with your idea then. :|
You should`v gone with my idea from the beginning....i am an AC expert...i am smart :|

*ba dum TSSSSSSSSSSSS..........SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*

Killrbees17
06-13-2013, 04:43 AM
For apparently having no life aside from this gig Ubi should at least consider the shyt you spit. Your all about it brah. I would certainly beta test a game based on your mind.

Assassin_M
06-13-2013, 04:44 AM
For apparently having no life aside from this gig Ubi should at least consider the shyt you spit. Your all about it brah. I would certainly beta test a game based on your mind.
What?

Jexx21
06-13-2013, 04:58 AM
M you should reply to my comment on your recruits topic

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2013, 05:19 AM
I don't like how they made so many bad legacy persons in history out to be Templars in AC2's glyphs

Hitlar and Stallin plus both World Wars were entirely TEMPLARRRR CONSPIRACIESSSSS
The Jews who killed Jesus
The people that burned the French girl
John Wilkes Booth, even though Lincoln himself seems rather Templar-ish in his methods given actual history. This only supports my theory that Lincoln was a Templar Grand Master that tried to create a permanent alliance between Assassin and Templar (hence his quote about getting rid of your enemies by making them your friends) only to get stabbed in the back for it.
Whoever killed JFK

Spider_Sith9
06-13-2013, 12:05 PM
If it was Modern and was more like Vigilante Missions.