PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 4 getting drunk!

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Based off an article written by a guy who got an exclusive look at a tavern mission, he said that in taverns you can recruit crew members, get in bar fights, do mini games, and yes......get yourself wasted into oblivion if you choose. This is kinda a small piece if info, but I have seen a few people on these forums who wanted to know

Here is the article. http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/12/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-brings-new-life-to-a-tired-franchise/

pacmanate
06-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Woo like Red Dead! But can you sleep with women? Has anyone asked this yet? It should give you pirate score or something

Wolfmeister1010
06-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Woo like Red Dead! But can you sleep with women? Has anyone asked this yet? It should give you pirate score or something

I highly doubt you can, because the plot very likely involves Edward having a romantic interest, and the dev would not make Edward a cheater

pacmanate
06-12-2013, 10:53 PM
I highly doubt you can, because the plot very likely involves Edward having a romantic interest, and the dev would not make Edward a cheater

Well we will probably see his wife at some point, its the reason he quit being a pirate, she had a massive impact on him, thats what I can vaguely remember from Forsaken.

guardian_titan
06-12-2013, 11:08 PM
You sure about the cheating? At the start of the game he's already married and has a daughter. If he does indeed have a relationship with a certain female pirate, he's already cheating on his wife. So throwing in a few more women on the side wouldn't change much. Can't say I'm thrilled if he does end up a heavy womanizer, but it would've been part of the times. At least he's not a rapist ... that we know of. :nonchalance: Rather shocking to see his relationship with Jenny where he seems to really dote on her and such, but he's entirely the opposite when he was a pirate. Seems to be a bit hypocritical of him to romance every woman that bats an eyelash at him when he seems to be rather particular about marrying off his own daughter. Wonder how they explain that one without making Edward look like a complete jerk. It's a rather fine line to walk, especially these days.

We know his first wife dies at some point (or leaves him although divorce wouldn't be too likely for the time frame) and he ends up meeting his second wife. Whether he meets her while he's still a pirate or after he quit remains to be seen. The piracy era ended around 1720-1721 so I don't see Edward being a pirate for too long after that point. He'd have a good 4-5 years (or more) to meet Tessa, marry her, and have Haytham if he quit being a pirate by 1720. Blackbeard died in 1718 which likely took a lot of wind out of Edward's sails (pun intended). The death of his first wife possibly finished his piracy days. Given that he had a daughter to care for and not knowing anything about how to raise a child (a girl at that) likely led Edward on a mission to find a wife and fast. Men often remarry fairly quickly after losing their spouse (via death or divorce) which is true today and was true back then. Men tend to remarry faster than women do.

SixKeys
06-12-2013, 11:14 PM
All I want is to drive my ship while being drunk off my *** and ramming into everyone GTA-style.

Escappa
06-12-2013, 11:19 PM
I don't really understand Edwards time-line. In one of the trailers it says "a pirate, trained by assassins", but yesterday Ismail said at E3 "he's a pirate who will become an assassin"...can someone make this clear....will Edward be assassin who becomes pirate, or pirate who becomes assassin :p

LoyalACFan
06-12-2013, 11:24 PM
I don't really understand Edwards time-line. In one of the trailers it says "a pirate, trained by assassins", but yesterday Ismail said at E3 "he's a pirate who will become an assassin"...can someone make this clear....will Edward be assassin who becomes pirate, or pirate who becomes assassin :p

From what I understand, he starts off as basically a hired gun for the Assassins. They showed him some tricks, gave him some Assassin gear, and told him to hunt Templars, but he's still basically a contract killer who does it all for the money instead of the Creed. At least in the beginning.

Escappa
06-12-2013, 11:28 PM
From what I understand, he starts off as basically a hired gun for the Assassins. They showed him some tricks, gave him some Assassin gear, and told him to hunt Templars, but he's still basically a contract killer who does it all for the money instead of the Creed. At least in the beginning.

source? sounds nice, it would be awesome if this was a "Han Solo-story" (after all, Ismail keeps saying that the ship is our millenium falcon), you know, hired guy, does it for the money, get's payed, leaves them, grows a heart, comes back, becomes a REAL rebel...stuff like that. Would like Edward to become a REAL member of the assassins, who actually care about the creed in the end :p

Megas_Doux
06-12-2013, 11:31 PM
All I want is to drive my ship while being drunk off my *** and ramming into everyone GTA-style.

LOL!!!!

That would be fun!

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 12:40 AM
source? sounds nice, it would be awesome if this was a "Han Solo-story" (after all, Ismail keeps saying that the ship is our millenium falcon), you know, hired guy, does it for the money, get's payed, leaves them, grows a heart, comes back, becomes a REAL rebel...stuff like that. Would like Edward to become a REAL member of the assassins, who actually care about the creed in the end :p

I don't really have a single source for what I said, I was just kind of piecing together things I had heard in interviews and giving you my impression. I heard yesterday in one of the E3 interviews (can't remember which one, I watched so many) that you can do assassination contracts just like Ezio, and in the material we saw Monday, he already has his hidden blades and hood but he obviously still cares more about whiskey and boobs than the Creed. So I'm guessing he starts off just doing contract work for pay, then eventually becomes the devoted Assassin we saw in Forsaken.

Sigv4rd
06-13-2013, 01:01 AM
I wonder how well Parkour works while inebriated? Or combat for that matter? OK that settles it there NEEDS to be a mission were Edward is completely drunk and must stealthy make his way through a restricted area!

SixKeys
06-13-2013, 01:15 AM
I wonder how well Parkour works while inebriated? Or combat for that matter? OK that settles it there NEEDS to be a mission were Edward is completely drunk and must stealthy make his way through a restricted area!

Ahahaha, yes, parkouring and stealth while drunk! Swinging majestically on a rope into a ship battle and crashlanding on your face. Getting stuck swinging on a pole like a confused monkey. Sneaking up behind a guard intending to stab him and ending up puking on him instead. Sitting on a bench between two people and groping a guy instead of a girl. The possibilities are endless.

Jexx21
06-13-2013, 01:19 AM

..dude, one of the points of Edward's character is that he's a cheater.

silvermercy
06-13-2013, 01:28 AM
LMAO!!

I'd love to see scenes where Edward ends up passed out and the other pirates play pranks on him... like this...
http://development4.net/MyPics/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Funny-Drunk-People-pictures-16.jpg

http://fotozup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/funny-drunk-people-017.jpg

About the timeline, I'm also terribly confused...

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2013, 01:42 AM
I have always wanted AC to feel like an early times GTA, and now, since they are really putting focus on exploration, I think it will :) also, Edward does not have a wife in AC4. In the lore. He HAD a wife and daughter Jenny, but they separated and THAT was when Edward went to become a privateer in 1712

LoyalACFan
06-13-2013, 03:09 AM
I have always wanted AC to feel like an early times GTA, and now, since they are really putting focus on exploration, I think it will :) also, Edward does not have a wife in AC4. In the lore. He HAD a wife and daughter Jenny, but they separated and THAT was when Edward went to become a privateer in 1712

They didn't separate in the same way couples "separate" today, i.e. a step before divorce. Yes, he left, but only because he was a sailor in the navy. It was his job. Only he never went back. We don't know if his first wife ever came to the Caribbean, but they're still married as of the beginning of Black Flag, and she's still waiting for him to come back.

Megas_Doux
06-13-2013, 03:36 AM
LMAO!!

I'd love to see scenes where Edward ends up passed out and the other pirates play pranks on him... like this...

Would you imagine Blackbeard´s pranks???

Killrbees17
06-13-2013, 05:11 AM
Meh. Who would want to get drunk IRL. Probably would suck even more IRG.If it is part of the story I'm in but getting drunk on a side gig your mom better be part of the gameplay.:D

pacmanate
06-13-2013, 08:53 AM
I bet when you are drunk the game just locks climbing abilities and stuff, wouldnt be surprised.

TheOnlyEzio
06-13-2013, 02:07 PM
After a hard day's work of killing ****, i can't wait to sit back and enjoy some rum!!!

MasterAssasin84
06-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Based off an article written by a guy who got an exclusive look at a tavern mission, he said that in taverns you can recruit crew members, get in bar fights, do mini games, and yes......get yourself wasted into oblivion if you choose. This is kinda a small piece if info, but I have seen a few people on these forums who wanted to know

Here is the article. http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/12/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-brings-new-life-to-a-tired-franchise/

Cool little touches to add to the Pirate feeling ! obviously i am assuming that they have kept the feature were you can throw your opponants into breakable objects like in AC3 ?

mhg87
06-14-2013, 06:26 AM
Well if he is anything like me when I am drunk than Edward will wake up on the floor naked without remembering when he took his clothes off.

montagemik
06-14-2013, 01:23 PM

More like a GTA IV copy (a quick dip in the water soon sobers Edward up )

The more 'New' :rolleyes: features they add to AC , The more original & unique AC 1 actually seems.